Florida Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

ok but too busy
Registration representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2016
Was not aware the government had so many regulations controlling this type of work. Management and co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was learning and remembering all the different regulations controlling the hospital (emergency) room.
Pros
blood
Cons
good lunch room
I enjoy everything about this facilty. People, patients, coworkers.
Emily Ruiz-Lab Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 22, 2016
I draw many patients at this facility. I draw all of morning rounds, from newborns to geriatrics and in between. I also receive specimens into the computer and deliver the specimens to the departments. I answer phones and draw blood in the emergency room also.
Pros
Coworkers. Job, facilty.
Cons
Work, work, work. But good also. We stay busy.
Very caring environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 22, 2016
This is a very loving and caring environment. You family and personal concerns are as important as the work itself. Allowing prayer at work is an added bonus.
Good company with great benefits
Senior Lead Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2016
Its a good company to work but I am ready for a change , it always about who you know there. Management is very poor and they hired family and friends and promote them in no time.
Co-workers try to work as a team as much as possible given the high acuity of patients, mainly a geriatric population..
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Winter Park Memorial HospitalAugust 19, 2016
Caring for 4 patients at the PCU/Critical Care Level. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring patient safety and doing so as to complete one's shift on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and ensuring that our patients receive the best possible care given the help/resources available.
Fantastic place to work with very caring staff
Nurse Technician I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
Co-workers were very kind and helpful, typical day is very busy, but fulfilling and manageable with the team's help. Management care about you and is supportive.
A productive fun place to work with great teammates.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
My job duties as a phlebotomist are to obtain venipuncture and capillary specimens from patients ensuring that specimens a correctly labeled and orders are received. My job duties as a lab assistance 2 are to perform microbiology duties assigned including micro specimen processing sod preparation and staining culture setup and handling positive blood cultures, Insurance customers are correctly label in order as received ability to properly prioritize routine specimens receipts in the laboratory on first in in first out basics documents temperatures of equipment and perform preventive maintenance of equipment.
I also enjoyed working for Florida hospital, I learned so much especially in Chemistry. The commute got to be too much after 2 years,
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2016
I worked for the majority with good group of employees, there was a clickish group and gossip was horrible, Every job I have worked we work like a lab family. Never felt that way there.
Fl hospital orlando
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2016
I love working for fl hospital best employer I have ever experienced they are very understanding and try to meet you half way with everything. my supervisor is awesome she not only knows her job but helps you to be a great employee.
Many Bad Apples at FLH Winter Park
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 10, 2016
Do your own due diligence but my experience after 20 years as a nurse at FLH South and WPM isn't stellar. FLH's pay is barely average for experienced nurses, their workplace more difficult to tolerate when compared to that of their competitors, coworker personalities range from impossible to barely tolerable to genuinely wonderful, like most anywhere. Sadly, the genuinely wonderful ones are disparately represented on the FLH campuses I've worked, most especially among management. FLH has a habit of hiring "those who can't" into nursing management, if you get my drift. The hospital is very disloyal to hourly employees, most especially nurses, even though they spend a fortune on PR to represent themselves otherwise. Don't buy their bunk about being one of FL's best employers. That's paid propaganda and highly misleading. They do bear scrutiny in most areas of labor relations though but good luck with any real grievance if it happens to you. They fiercely retaliate as an organization to any threat, real or imagined. While at first that might seem normal and justified due the litigious nature of their business, in fact the FLH people have refined reactive behavior into a religion, pardon the dark pun. Let's just say their typical behavior is not exactly the "healing ministry of Christ" image they like to publicly project. Most of their negatives come from bad management hiring decisions over the past decade and the simple fact that the church behind the hospital has taken an ever decreasing role in the oversight of practices and standards. It's really too bad because  more... the church used to keep the employed miscreants in check. That was once FLH's greatest attribute for both patients and employees but it is no longer present in their business. Overall, if I were to advise anyone about employment as a medical professional at FLH, I'd strongly suggest you look elsewhere first, since you'll become known by the professional company you keep in FL and Florida Hospital is not the pinnacle or pillar of medical practice it once was. While I won't openly condemn FLH as an employer, there are FAR BETTER employers and from which to choose among FL's many hospitals as a community. As a patient too, I'd advise going elsewhere but comparing apples to oranges is kind of unfair so if you are dying and in need of immediate medical attention, I'd strongly advise avoiding both FLH Winter Park and FLH south. If you have to be hospitalized for anything more serious than a mole removal you should avoid FLH Altamonte at all costs, as you may not survive the experience due the global incompetence there among doctors and nurses.  less
Pros
Ambivalent
Cons
Too Man to List
great place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
Awesome decade spent making friends, growing professionally and spiritually at this campus. Always lots to do on campus each day (south); observing the growth has been phenomenal. Great leadership
Pros
town halls, christian enviornment, lots to do all the time
Cons
working excessive weekends
Hardest job ever
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  FlAugust 9, 2016
I loved the environment but this was the toughest job I have ever worked. I worked 3rd shift. After training for 2 nights with someone I was put on my own. If I had a problem come up I just had to solve it on my own bc there was no one to call in the middle of the night. There was so much stuff to get done it was almost impossible to do a good job & get it all done. There was very poor communication with the supervisor. I've heard there have been some improvements. I sure hope so.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34744August 9, 2016
Comfortable with fast-paced projects and high-pressure settings, I enjoy a challenge and recognize the value of resourcefulness and teamwork in achieving goals providing the highest customer service. With the wealth of experience, I can bring to any company because of experience at Florida Hospital.
Pros
Free lunch, pizza days, free training in Orlando.
Cons
Teamwork, Project Completions, Fast-paced work loads
Good teaching hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 9, 2016
High patient to nurse ratios
Great resources and tools at work
Supportive management but very much focused on the numbers
Co-workers supportive
Pros
Shift differentials
Cons
High patient to nurse ratios
Florida Hospital Orlando
Server (Former Employee) –  601. E Rollins St.August 8, 2016
Great Experience, Too much drama and not enough team work
Great perks and cpmany does alot to sponsor employees
You get to know alot about the company and the people working there. Easy to move up in the company.. its an easy networking working environment.
Pros
Great Perks. Discount on phone service and work appropriate shoes
Cons
short breaks. too much drama. not enough teamwork
Productive place
Groundskeeper 2 and Irrigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 7, 2016
It was rewarding to work for FH Altamonte. During the tenure here, all the team members of this facility were professional and great to work for. I would highly recommend this company to all my friends and colleagues.
Fast-paced yet comfortable place to work
HIM Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 30, 2016
This position offers the ability to work independently and encourages productivity which is measured by time and the number of reports, etc. processed within that time frame. There is a daily workflow also provided. There are some tasks I have performed from the beginning of my tenure in HIM while at the same time I have taken on some new tasks and we are always encouraged to learn more. Management is always there if you need assistance and we are provided with all the tools necessary to perform our job. I love my co-workers both within transcription, chart completion and document imaging. We work together well within the clerical team. I would say the most challenging part of my job is maintaining my average of over 100% in my productivity. I enjoy pretty much all aspects of my job, but I would have to say I do enjoy providing customer service over the phone as needed.
Pros
Great benefits, bonus, group parties a couple times a year (Christmas, HIM week, HIM "carnival")
Cons
Remote from the main hospital and miss some events there, small breakroom.
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2016
great group of people to work with, respect within company, loved helping people at my job. Co-workers friendly including manager on the unit
Pros
good pay
Cons
Welcome packets for new patient
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2016
Every morning I will make 200+ packets for new patients that will come the hospital. I will deliver them to all the floors of the hospital. I enjoyed volunteering at the hospital.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Listen to music while on the job
Awesome place of employment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
The staff and management was so awesome when I was employed. Benefits was great! If I was able I would go back and work there.
Pros
good benefits. Management cares for employees wellbeing
Cons
Takes so much to get the job.

4.2