Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Very happy
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 21, 2017
I was very happy to work at Florida Hospital. I love the training they provided to employees. Many of the people that I encounter at work were very nice and polite.
i enjoyed working here
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeJuly 21, 2017
I started here as a temp from Medical Staffing and enjoyed all the experience and skills I learned for the time I was there. I would really like to find another job setting with the pace of this hospital. my bass was always there to help and keep her employees motivated
Ok
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 18, 2017
I love atmosphere , coworkers, and patients, but don't expect to support yourself on this income alone. Great job for college students who still live at home.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Very low compensation
Excellent place to work with good management.
Unit Secretary / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
This was an excellent place to work. It had good management and allowed employees to advance to more challenging positions. I really enjoyed working there.
ER/Outpatient Coordinator
Registration & Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 17, 2017
Completed and scheduled 36 employees in all three shifts, payroll, day end claims processed and push through to billing, cash & balance at the end of each day..

Over seen all staff for ER/Outpatient access dept.
enjoyed working there
Office Coordinator in Wound Care Clinic- Greet (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 17, 2017
I worked for the Wound care center for several years, Florida hospital is where we started but the office was small and we needed to expand; so, we moved under FMC
Difficult place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Florida Hospital has a motto of caring for the patients, but they do not care for the employee. They do all they can to make the departments work understaffed yet wanting first class treatment for their patients.
The management and CEO have forgotten they were once the little people and have no respect for their employees.
The best part of the day was talking to patients and listening
to what their needs were and to help obtain them. But that was
difficult as we were under the numbers game.
I worked very closely with Centra Care and the Cancer Center at the hospital and had a great working relationship with them.
I have learned that I must respect our patients and continue to do my very best to serve them.
Pros
i didnt find any
Cons
It is a nice place to work.
Lead HIM/ Data Imaging Department (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 14, 2017
The employer provide all the necessary tools for advancement and learning. They support education. Management team is great. They are always there for their employees.
a small and friendly hospital
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2017
we did cart filling ,IV's and odder entry, also Pyxis filling and that was my favorite thing to do ! I also learned to do TPN's. I enjoyed working with my coworkers we were a small Pharmacy and got along GREAT!
Pros
small pharmacy
Still makes me re-evaluate my nursing career.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
Working as a nurse for two years, my most vibrant memory of this place is when the hospital was at 115% capacity and continuing to admit patients. I worked on a cardiac unit that had non-cardiac patients in "rooms" that consisted of beds in our hallway. They had a small divider for "privacy", a communal restroom (even for patients on isolation), and no working suction or oxygen. God knows what would have happened if we had a code for a hallway patient. Nurses were an afterthought as patient load was increased without an increase in staffing. And they wonder why our HCAHPS scores are so low? Nurses expected to provide world-class service with bare-minimum resources. Upper management only stopped placing patients in our hallways after a patient went to the local newspaper detailing his hospital stay and rightfully subjecting the hospital to bad publicity. Outstanding unit management did everything they could, and was one of the few reasons I genuinely loved to work there. However, an apathetic upper management with no regard for the work force of the hospital is not a sustainable business model.
Pros
Learning hospital, excellent as a first job for new nurses.
Cons
One of the things you learn is that you are wasting your time at a sub-par hospital

Want to know more about Florida Hospital?

Ask a question
Good place
Sure (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
good place to work and learn Ortho. I have had a great time working with the experienced OR team here in Orlando Florida as a traveler and plan to return one day in the future!
Productive place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
Overall It's A Good Place To Work For. Decent pay for the amount of work that's is required, staff are ok. Your daily task may vary day to day. Recommend working nights
Pros
Night shift pays more
Cons
Over looked
Great company, management needs to listen more
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
Great teamwork, management needs to be more open and listen to their colleagues
Benefits are reasonable
If you are out there is not a good coverage system
Experienced supervisor
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 11, 2017
Hospital/healthcare supervisor with over 5 years of experience in the hospital setting.

Highly skilled at multitasking in a fast paced environment.

Enjoy overcoming challenges and being a team player.
Excellent place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
I enjoy working with my fellow colleagues and taking care of our patients needs on a regular basis. It is an very enjoyable place to work. I am living the dream!
Don't care about their employees, is all about making money
Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 10, 2017
You can get along fine as long as you don't question management or have any allegations against you, then you are guilty until proven innocent and you are terminated with no explanation or opportunity to present your side of anything. Management only cares about making profits, any way they can.
faith based and a great place to work
Nurse Manager Medical Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 10, 2017
Very busy, fast paced hospital with a deliberate focus on patient satisfaction. Great employee recognition. Excellent benefits and opportunities to grow and learn within the organization.
Pros
Faith Based
Not what I expected
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2017
There are good benefits however, at a high cost. This job asks for social workers to participate in a role that was never taught at the University i.e. setting up medical equipment for Patients, working with home health care, little talk with Patients. So basically everything I went to learn about regarding clinical practice is lost with this job as we are not using the education we were taught. You basically learn how to do this job fully from training and working at Fl hosp. there's no prior education on how to prepare for this job...I think they are not using the social workers for their skills, it's mostly for the title.
Pros
Less micro managed
Cons
Not doing any clinical work, doing things I never went to school for
great place to work
NUCLEAR MEDICINE STAFF TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 9, 2017
Florida Hospital is a great place to work. The benefits are great and the organization strives for customer satisfaction and great patient care. Great people.
Good place to gain experience
Lead Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 6, 2017
Good place to gain experience in the medical field and hospital scene. The only bad part is people don't usually stick around long so there's constant new people even within management.
Pros
Easy job good coworkers
Cons
Constant budget cuts and no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2