Florida Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productivity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 22, 2016
Good work environment, we work as a team. Great learning resources; for most of the time staff are awesome, opportunity for growth is available
N/a
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OrJune 19, 2016
Great place to work, lots of opportunity for career advancement. Would highly recommend applying to job. Company is growing.
Core value

Balance
Excellence
Stewardship
Teamwork

Great place to work and there have advance program

Florida Hospital is a faith based company
Fun place
Patient access (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 16, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. Everyone is so caring and nice. The only downfall of working here is the pay is very low.
great team to work with
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 16, 2016
great support from management and co-workers. relaxed environment and always have the equipment you need. DR are really nice and understanding
My Opinion
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is stress free and well managed. The most enjoyable part about my job is working with and helping others.
Needs improvement
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
I think that the nursing staff does a great job caring for the patients. I just think improvements need to be made.
Dynamic emergency room in the east side of orlando
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2016
As all emergency rooms across the country, the florida hospital east Orlando emergency room is among on e of the busiest ER's in central florida. No one day is a replica of the day before and challenges are part of the daily dynamics. A stressful day is something all ER nurses are used to, however good and reliable co-workers make a huge difference. This makes a significant impact in its daily operations and the working relations between the staff
Pros
co-workers
Cons
daily stress of ER environment
New e.r
Environmental Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
The only hospital with a heart center for people with cardiovascular problems. Nurses are nice, and do their best to make sure patients are comfortable.
Pros
New buldings
Cons
stinks
To much work for such high expectation
Nutritional Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Nutritional Services Department is always short staffed. I was told it was going to get better but after being hired for 6 months it got worst. My co-workers were amazing. Management was always rude and want you to give them a leg and an arm but you would get in trouble if you sat down for 5 minutes. 12 hour shifts but since their always short staffed they want you to pick up shifts all the time and that means you have no work life balance what so ever. On the bright side when you were out taking patient's menu selection for the day it was a nice escape especially of the patients were having a good day.
Pros
Meal tickets if you go above and beyond, good benefits and lots of PDO
Cons
Pick up others slack a lot, no free meals
Productive fast pace rewarding place to work for
Chart Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Florida Hospital health information management department is a very fast pace work environment that motivates and requires it's workers to keep their quality and production at 96-100%. The department communicates, motivates each other, and works well together as a team. Since their is good communication among the team members, the quality and production is always high. The hardest part is when their is an interruption between our workflow, for example a particular record is needed in the electronic system, we have to stop where we are at, and get that into the system at that very moment. After the priority is taken cared of, we continue in the work flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the goals of the company and knowing that your team is achieving the goals.
Pros
For clocking in and out on time we get a gift card every 3rd quarter, health insurance
Cons
short breaks
A diverse workplace committed to the mission of Adventist Health System and encouraging employees to participate in a mission driven culture as well.
Architect / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is definitely a precious jewel within our communities. For over one century, it has grown to meet the ever changing needs of the residents and visitors of the Sunshine State. A not for profit organization, Florida Hospital continues to reinvest its revenues in technology as well as infrastructure to keep pace with the ever growing health care costs and needs of people within the southeastern United States.
team work
New Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2016
I enjoy my job, working hard to get new oncology patients on the schedules to see the doctor, I have the help of my co-works to leave open spaces on their doctor schedule for new patients, my manage is very helpful when I need her help with opening a doctor schedule. the most enjoyable thing about my job is t
Team Work.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
great place to work with great people
pca (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 26, 2016
there was lots of team work and smiling face I learn a very lot from my co-worker to the head staff enjoyed been with the patient just letting them know it was going to be alright and they was safe and reassuring family that they was in good hands. the hardest part was to see there faces before surgery or when our shift was over and it was time to go home.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
health care
Faith based job
Access Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLMay 22, 2016
Has a lot advantages in employment, but also is faith based and it makes a lot of difference. Many very enjoyable co-workers. Many challenging moments and interesting things that you learn.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Working night shifts.
no problem
Surgical Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2016
Running to assist my teammates I learned more patient skills all is well with workers. I get great joy watching patients get well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always on the move
Great place
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
Great hospital, very competitive. Co-workers are helpful.
Fast paced environment. Management can use some work and increased compassion.
I loved working at florida hospital.it was an great experience.
Infant Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
The best part of working at Florida hospital was working with the babies and the children. And I really enjoyed helping people.
Enjoyable Internship
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
If you are selected to be one of the Florida Hospital's Interns it more than likely means you are high quality. During an internship at the Florida Hospital you will gain invaluable experiences and connections. I didn't even mind that it was unpaid, you can't put a price on experience (especially in the Adventist Health System).
I'm appreciative to have been a part of the Florida Hospital team for so many years
Analyst/Auditor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 17, 2016
In my experience, working at Florida Hospital has been a blessing. The folks are wonderful and I've enjoyed working alongside them all.
Pros
Spiritual emphasis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.