Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Great experience
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 24, 2017
Great work environment to work in as well as work/life balance. They are patient and give you a good amount of time to adjust and are always open to you learning additional information and answering questions you may have.
Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 23, 2017
Staff is always there if or when I needed help. I have learned how to communicate with people of different background. Most enjoyable is making new friends
Awesome
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaMay 23, 2017
Florida hospital is an amazing place to work. The atmosphere is so warm and inviting. Although it is a hospital you always feel happy while you're there. And the chance to help someone else is amazing
Productive fun spiritual workplace with Growth
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
It was a great place to work. Spiritually based, loving , uplifting and organized. The people were easy to get along with and they are all about helping others and excellence.
Pros
the different events
Learned a lot
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 21, 2017
I worked at Florida Hospital a long long time ago. I learned a lot, and had nice co workers. The environment is good. Compensation is low. Advancement is definitely possible if you stay a long time.
Top Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2017
I have worked in several hospitals and Florida Hospital is on my list of top hospitals to work. I recommend this facility to anyone seeking employment in a system where work life balance matters.
Fun environment
Switchboard Operator/ Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
Typical days at work include taking patients to and from appointments, take equipment to & from departments, management was great, awesome hardest part of job not beingg able to do job because not enough equipment to transport, the most enjoyable part meeting all people from different aspects of life.
Pros
Meeting all kinds of people
Cons
Not enough equipment
Florida Hospital
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa FlMay 19, 2017
I worked at Florida Hospital before they changed their name when it was University Community Hospital. I worked in the operating room and it was a good place to work.
It a good job
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
This is a good job but i find out that you can get pay more for what i do in here. It is a good place to learn but not to grow in the job that i am doing
unsatisfied
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2017
Growing company with opportunity. Changes in management has affected nurse ratio and patient safety. Horrible morale. Upper management and HR not effective. Opinions do not count. Mass resignations in a short period of time.
I live by the Hospital Mission
Liaison/Care Escalations Complex Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Love my job. I am looking for advancement. I live by the Florida Hospital Mission. Great place to work. The employees are more like than family than co workers.
Pros
Use work badge to make purchases on hospital campus
Cons
long work commute to work
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 16, 2017
My experience in Florida hospital has been an exceptional one. The Florida hospital mission is visible in every employees face and interaction with one another and with patients.
It was good volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 13, 2017
All I did was volunteer, but it has given me much experience. I was treated with respect and got community hours. I would suggest for any youth looking for volunteer hours.
Great workplace
Medical Technologist, Per-diem (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2017
Florida Hospital offers a variety of benefits, your work and personal life is well balanced. Compassionate and understanding managers. Opportunity to grow.
Pros
pay
workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2017
You get goo benefits but its taken from your paycheck, good advancement opportunities, meets lots of new people, great workplace to learn healthy new lifestyle tips and stay fit.
Pros
lunch and learns
Cons
Worklife balance depending which department you work in
Excellent place to be and invest your time in
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 8, 2017
I was a volunteer for Florida hospital and it was an amazing experience. you work closely with doctors, nurses, interns, and other staff. Everyone is polite and welcoming. I learned the functions of the hospital, record keeping, their mission and what they accomplish daily. I was proud to be apart of such a great organization. Nothing was hard about the job. Everything about this job was enjoyable.
In between
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMay 4, 2017
it started out promising and fun but now it's just a job it so hard to try to move around within the company it's all about who u know and it should be based on your experience your qualifications etc......'
Productive, fast paced loving enviorment
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2017
My experience at Florida hospital had changed my view of the world and myself. The way these staff member at rest everyone is as if each person is family. To have a wonderful loving atmosphere each day is a blessing. These people will have your back and be there for you no matter the task. The floor was always productive, calm and a great place to be for work.
Pros
Free lunches, family enviorment, great atmosphere, productive, healthcare benefits
Cons
Very busy, short staffed
Enjoyable workplace culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2017
Great workplace culture and ability to advance in many areas. The difficulty of the job is understaffing and inability to compensate for the job itself.
Fun workplace
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2017
FL HOSPITAL is a great hospital to work for. They are one of the best and largest hospitals in the nation. The Orlando campus is the largest one with 1000+ beds. It's also the most beautiful. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and loving.
Pros
Beautiul, new, clean.
Cons
expensive cafeteria food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2