Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

advancement
Patient Business Representative (PBR) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
there is no chance for people to advance in a career on some positions, they want you to do your best and even more with no increase in salary, they do not appreciate anything that you do for them
Fast pace job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very busy environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people that were not feeling well and unfortunately had to be in the hospital.
Fho
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
It has been several years since I started my career at FHO. Hours were long, but the hospital was very nice. Advancement opportunities were available if you put in the work and excelled.
Not an ideal working enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 17, 2017
Your overworked to the point of exhaustion. No time to eat or use the bathroom. You will care for 7 total care patients on a daily basis. Very little CNA help. You have to do your own vitals and your patients ADL's most of the time. Other nurses are unwilling to help most of the time as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping the patients.
It's an amazing place to work for.
Nutritional Service Assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 17, 2017
Florida Hospital is a company you don't want to leave. Literally!! The co workers are extremely nice and whenever you need a helping hand they would not hesitate to help you. In other words they are not like the typical workers you would meet on daily.
Productive place with endless opportunity for medical field students.
Shadowing (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 15, 2017
My time with Florida Hospital has been very organized. As a student who is trying to get a Master's in Physician Assistant, this is a great place to work/shadow to gain experience.
Excellent workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
Save environment, love the culture, great benefits, friendly doctors, growth and development opportunities, Patient focused care, holistic care , mind,body, and spirit
Florida Hospital is a place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed by time working for Adventist Healtcare System.. The department stayed busy and the long hours went by fast. The people i worked with were top notch at what they did. The management team was fair.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Health Insurance, Pto, Pay scale
Best job I have had
Collector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2017
But! they closed our dept with no notice & after being with them for 23 years, that's not a good way to keep a good company review.
they put over 30 employees out on the street in less than an hour
Well Run Facility
Registered Nurse - CN II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2017
Excellent teamwork in the Emergency Department. Very fast paced but never felt overwhelming due to your teammates helping at every turn. Mediocre cafeteria, fantastic management team including managers, supervisors, as well as upper management.

Upper management would make visits throughout the hospital and reinforce a great working environment.

One of the best hospitals I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great Teamwork, ALL Levels of Management
Cons

Want to know more about Florida Hospital?

Ask a question
Faith Based
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2017
Typical day at work starts breezy. Leadership is a thankless job. The culture at FH is very friendly. The hardest part is work life balance. this is a faith based institution.
Great people, poor pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 12, 2017
During my time with this company I did not increase in pay more than 1 cent hourly. The work for a CNA is very difficult on the ortho unit and staff is always short. The teams work well together and are like a family.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Low compensations
Great learning enviroment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
Florida Hospital has many benefits including benefits and job security. I have grown with the company learning many aspects of what the healthcare industry.
a Started place for me at a time of need
Pack Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Spring/ApopkaAugust 10, 2017
People are nice, each day is different because one day the hospitals will ask for large amount of lining other days a very low amount, is according to the need per day. one day you may work over your 8 hours other days you maybe going home early.
Wonderful people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
This is a great place to work because everyone is wiling to help others. It was a great experience and I gain knowledge in the healthcare field. The preceptor, assistant managers and managers of the department that I worked for were kind, nice, and patient when they were teaching me. Overall a great experience!
Summary
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Great Place to work. Nice people to work around. The fact that you can be independent. The company works with your schedule, and also takes care of their employees.
Patient-centered
Intern - Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
Interning at Florida Hospital was a great experience. I learned how to work patient accounts from a financial standpoint, and also I met lifelong friends.
good hospital for work experience
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
This was the first place I worked when I moved to Florida. Overall a great experience, especially just graduating from University. A good variety of responsibilities and working with various personnel i.e. doctors, nurses, and other ancillary staff.
Quite and good place to work at overall
Patient Financial Advocate Alpha (AA-BR) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2017
Florida Hospital as an organization is a great place to work at, good benefits, fair schedules, etc. The different areas and departments the hospital contains make up a variety of options to choose from at for advancement opportunity also.
Fun workplace and employees are good natured with all.
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2017
Most everyone is helpful and kind to each other, as well as with patients. Level of professionalism is high. I have not had a negative experience for the 5 yrs. I've worked there.
Pros
Kind personnel
Cons
Temperature can be quite cold in certain areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval