Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Florida Hospital Summary
MIS Support Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
My job at Florida Hospital has not only allowed me to take care of my family but has given me opportunities to grow within the company. The management in Florida Hospital MIS is very welcoming and open to teach and help any one progress in their company. I suggest a job there to anyone interested in the medical field
Pros
Many benefits, Many events, and helpful work environment
Cons
Very hard for anyone to get a job, take a while for anything to be processed on the employment side
The Best Place to Work for!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 25, 2016
Solid job culture. Quality is expected in every single aspect of your daily work. Great potential for advancement. Strong promotion within the company and potential for transfers to other regions. Firm understanding of team work. Officers and associates work together toward the same goal. With positive criticisms and constant support.
Solid Christian foundation!
Excellent place to work
Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was refreshing, uplifting and energizing. I left with more energy than I came. I helped people who needed help and I learned and grew quickly. Management was very competent, sometimes very loving people. My coworkers were fantastic people. They had some really bad nurses but the volunteers were very good. The hardest part of the job was having to do more physical labor than helping people one on one because of daily demands and management decisions that geared you towards that rather than to did what you loved. And what I loved was talking to and taking care of the patients one on one.
Pros
Clean and safe environment, organized workplace, ethical culture, uplifting environment
Cons
Some bad nurses, bad customers.
Think twice
Health Unit Coordinator - Lead (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 31, 2015
I have founf that working for a hospital that follows a christian and religious calling should make sure that the employees they follow CLEARLY UNDERSTAND what the "Healing Ministry of Christ" is suppose to be.

There are too many hypocrites, especially in the HR division that only see a one sided picture. Management above anyone else. I have seen too many things happen to good people for no reasons by others that themselves would be let go for their actions.

It is clearly not right to work for a company that doe s not want to hear from its employees but relies on the scores of the surveys to progress. What other companies take you individually and review the survey questions...
Pros
Great Benefits and Good People on your same level
Cons
Upper Mgmt Sends mixed signals
Overall, I would recommend this hospital for employement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Nursing shifts are primarily 12 hours. ICU level patient/nurse ratio is usually a 2:1 ratio; with adjustments for acuity and staffing. Management is easily approachable. As with most hospitals of this size, patients tend to be very high in acuity. Staffing of RNs and PCTs is an ongoing issue. Their tuition reimbursement and health insurance could be better, but is adequate (tuition reimbursement for BSN is good). Generally they promote from within, and given large size of the hospital, this allows room for advancement of career in many specialties..
Long hours, with low pay for what is required
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is a good company, but the facility I worked at in Centra Care left a lot to be desired due to management. Long hours and a long drive. No compensation for driving 20+ miles each way to work plus tolls
A productive fun place to work with great teammates.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
My job duties as a phlebotomist are to obtain venipuncture and capillary specimens from patients ensuring that specimens a correctly labeled and orders are received. My job duties as a lab assistance 2 are to perform microbiology duties assigned including micro specimen processing sod preparation and staining culture setup and handling positive blood cultures, Insurance customers are correctly label in order as received ability to properly prioritize routine specimens receipts in the laboratory on first in in first out basics documents temperatures of equipment and perform preventive maintenance of equipment.
great place to work; just no advancement
therapist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 4, 2015
It was a great place to be a therapist and advance my skills. great location near the beach. only problem was that you work hard to get a quarter raise every year. management listens well to employees but in the end it comes down to productivity.
Cons
short lunches
To much work for such high expectation
Nutritional Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Nutritional Services Department is always short staffed. I was told it was going to get better but after being hired for 6 months it got worst. My co-workers were amazing. Management was always rude and want you to give them a leg and an arm but you would get in trouble if you sat down for 5 minutes. 12 hour shifts but since their always short staffed they want you to pick up shifts all the time and that means you have no work life balance what so ever. On the bright side when you were out taking patient's menu selection for the day it was a nice escape especially of the patients were having a good day.
Pros
Meal tickets if you go above and beyond, good benefits and lots of PDO
Cons
Pick up others slack a lot, no free meals
Productive fast pace rewarding place to work for
Chart Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Florida Hospital health information management department is a very fast pace work environment that motivates and requires it's workers to keep their quality and production at 96-100%. The department communicates, motivates each other, and works well together as a team. Since their is good communication among the team members, the quality and production is always high. The hardest part is when their is an interruption between our workflow, for example a particular record is needed in the electronic system, we have to stop where we are at, and get that into the system at that very moment. After the priority is taken cared of, we continue in the work flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the goals of the company and knowing that your team is achieving the goals.
Pros
For clocking in and out on time we get a gift card every 3rd quarter, health insurance
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced yet comfortable place to work
HIM Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 30, 2016
This position offers the ability to work independently and encourages productivity which is measured by time and the number of reports, etc. processed within that time frame. There is a daily workflow also provided. There are some tasks I have performed from the beginning of my tenure in HIM while at the same time I have taken on some new tasks and we are always encouraged to learn more. Management is always there if you need assistance and we are provided with all the tools necessary to perform our job. I love my co-workers both within transcription, chart completion and document imaging. We work together well within the clerical team. I would say the most challenging part of my job is maintaining my average of over 100% in my productivity. I enjoy pretty much all aspects of my job, but I would have to say I do enjoy providing customer service over the phone as needed.
Pros
Great benefits, bonus, group parties a couple times a year (Christmas, HIM week, HIM "carnival")
Cons
Remote from the main hospital and miss some events there, small breakroom.
Non-medical staff treatment
Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I experienced the treatment of non-medical staff to be very lacking. As an HUC/MT, you are basically tied to the monitors and when trying to get relieved for a bathroom break or lunch/dinner break was a big joke for medical staff and management, Very often, the joke of the HUC/MT was that they needed a "catheter" so they wouldn't need to be relived for restroom breaks. NOT professional or conciderate.
Pros
3-4 day workweek
Cons
break coverage and not being taken seriously as a key staff member.
Hardest job ever
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  FlAugust 9, 2016
I loved the environment but this was the toughest job I have ever worked. I worked 3rd shift. After training for 2 nights with someone I was put on my own. If I had a problem come up I just had to solve it on my own bc there was no one to call in the middle of the night. There was so much stuff to get done it was almost impossible to do a good job & get it all done. There was very poor communication with the supervisor. I've heard there have been some improvements. I sure hope so.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Awesome Place to work for
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 1, 2016
Great Place to work for, nice management very flexible and supportive when requesting help, please are very friendly a lot of activities, fun raising, everybody is involve with each other to make you feel like a family
Pros
Good Place to work for
Cons
Good Place to work for
A diverse workplace committed to the mission of Adventist Health System and encouraging employees to participate in a mission driven culture as well.
Architect / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is definitely a precious jewel within our communities. For over one century, it has grown to meet the ever changing needs of the residents and visitors of the Sunshine State. A not for profit organization, Florida Hospital continues to reinvest its revenues in technology as well as infrastructure to keep pace with the ever growing health care costs and needs of people within the southeastern United States.
Dynamic emergency room in the east side of orlando
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2016
As all emergency rooms across the country, the florida hospital east Orlando emergency room is among on e of the busiest ER's in central florida. No one day is a replica of the day before and challenges are part of the daily dynamics. A stressful day is something all ER nurses are used to, however good and reliable co-workers make a huge difference. This makes a significant impact in its daily operations and the working relations between the staff
Pros
co-workers
Cons
daily stress of ER environment
Co-workers try to work as a team as much as possible given the high acuity of patients, mainly a geriatric population..
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Winter Park Memorial HospitalAugust 19, 2016
Caring for 4 patients at the PCU/Critical Care Level. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring patient safety and doing so as to complete one's shift on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and ensuring that our patients receive the best possible care given the help/resources available.
Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34744August 9, 2016
Comfortable with fast-paced projects and high-pressure settings, I enjoy a challenge and recognize the value of resourcefulness and teamwork in achieving goals providing the highest customer service. With the wealth of experience, I can bring to any company because of experience at Florida Hospital.
Pros
Free lunch, pizza days, free training in Orlando.
Cons
Teamwork, Project Completions, Fast-paced work loads
Productivity
Pre-Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FL 32751September 27, 2016
My work day consist of opening up all my work fields,
sorting my list,
sorting my number for the list,
calling my list,
gathering precertification for my list,
completing my retro accounts,
completing my emails,
completing my faxes,
sending my faxed,
requesting clinical for continued stay,
ect..
Pros
i get to listen to music to make the time go bye
Cons
not enough time in a day to all my task completed in a days work
I enjoy everything about this facilty. People, patients, coworkers.
Emily Ruiz-Lab Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 22, 2016
I draw many patients at this facility. I draw all of morning rounds, from newborns to geriatrics and in between. I also receive specimens into the computer and deliver the specimens to the departments. I answer phones and draw blood in the emergency room also.
Pros
Coworkers. Job, facilty.
Cons
Work, work, work. But good also. We stay busy.

4.2