Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work
Case Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 21, 2017
The department management team was very professional and a pleasure to work with
.I got a great look at the other area of case management while doing my job.
Pros
They can be very flexible and you learn so much more than your actual job.
Cons
none to mention
Only cares about budgets/monet
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
During my time here my workload was gradually increased with no increased in pay. They only "Extend the healing ministry of Christ" to their patients, not their hard-working, overworked employees.
Specialty Care Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
John Hopkins Bayview is a great place to work. A typical day in the med-surge oncology involves taking Care of very sick patients as well as family cope with their disease.
Very good place to gain experience!
ER Regestered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2017
Divers patient population, winter time is very busy because of snow birds. Great team work! Advanced technology and high level of patient satisfaction. Place looks like big hotel. Very good place to gain experience, but no money.
Great Opportunity
Dispatcher/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2017
Florida hospitals is an great place to start. There are many programs available to those looking to grow. The pay and benefits are also good and if your looking for stability this is the place to be.
Professional and Diverse!
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
After getting to the floor, I would grab a list of my patient's names and what needed to be done. I would make rounds, recording vitals, giving bathing supplies and replacing the heart monitors' battery. After making rounds, I would go back and assist the patients that needed assistance bathing and changing the linens and their clothes. Then, I would go downstairs and eat if my breakfast - if I had any time. I would starting ambulating patients that needed to be. Before lunch time I would again take vitals. During lunch, I would assist feeding any patients. I would take on any other tasks that would come my way. Sometimes, the nurses would help me in taking vitals - which would give me just a little bit of wiggle room. The staff is very friendly and diverse too! My workplace continues to improve the quality of care. The hard part was that one person had a lot to handle. The enjoyable part was the staff always comes together to make the work manageable. Everyone holds their patients on a pedestal.
great work enviornment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 15, 2017
Great team to work with, very flexible and positive. The director is the best manager I have ever worked with! The team works well together in a collaborative effort to achieve the best outcomes for the patients.
Great Place to work
LAB ASSISTANT/TECH (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my position with Florida Hospital and respect its mission. The people are a pleasure, experienced and qualified professionals. helping people is a rewarding profession
Not great place to work
Care Manager Clinical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Manager of Cade Management at Florida Hospital East very inept in position. countless nurses and Social Workers left under her leadership and Supervision.
fun and challenging at times
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
This is a helpdesk environment dealing with IT issue from doctors, nurses, and all other hospital employees with computer, access, etc issues. Leadership was great
Wecoming to change and open to pryer in the workplace
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 11, 2017
One thing I really enjoyed about working at Florida Hospital is that you are in an environment that is welcoming to all people that are
spiritual.
I was able to mentor with different people and was given the opportunity to grow while working. There are many opportunities to help you to grow if you connect with the right individuals. The workplace culture is very different to any place that I have worked in the past and each campus is very different you just have to be open
to the people around you and keep your eyes and ears open to be able to assist the needs of the patient and your colleagues. At the end of the day the patient comes first and that should your focus.
Pros
Assist in improving your health, programs to help you raise money
Cons
Not all jobs allow you to take breaks, some managers tend to speak very negatively towards you
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32803June 9, 2017
I have learned many computer skills using microsoft office. Proper telephone etiquette. I like that its a friendly environment and people are kind and polite.
Fast-paced and ever-changing
RN Circulator-Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2017
The Orlando campus where I work is very large, but managment does their best to make us all feel important. Workplace culture varies by department--some doing a better job than others
Great place to work.
Transporter/Driver/Equipment Supply (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and always willing to help. Management is always there for you. It is a big hospital but you will always see a familiar face. Great benefits as well and plenty discounts to take advantage of
Great Place to work
ARNP-Breast Health (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2017
Love working here. I have been here for over 7 years and it is a very nice place to work. People are great, as are the benefits. There are many opportunities for advancement in the lower levels of the organization.
Nice place to work
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2017
Very busy hospital, i like busy, sometime came be stressful but that is expected. Very good place to work. People are friendly and my day is so meaningful
If you enjoy low salaries and almost no paid time off this is the place for you.
Compliance Educator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2017
Flexible scheduling but salaries are horrible and nationally observed holidays are deducted from time accrued, so, if you don't have any time accrued, you will not be paid for national holidays that their organization observe.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Salary and paid time off
Great Benefits
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 2, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Florida Hospital through these years, but recently we had new changes with no notice and this change my role here at Florida Hospital . I'm a surgery scheduler and love talking and helping patients and now they have me in a office not seeing patients answering a HIGH volume of calls all day as a operator with no patient contact. This is not want I want to do I know I have more to offer so I am seeking a job were I can be happy at work.
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 2, 2017
Very good place to work however, to many changes at one given time for employees to take in does not make a happy employee. They give birthday gifts and have lots of incentives.
Women services is nepotism and cronyism
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida Hospital for Women (Orlando)June 1, 2017
It's not the organization, it's the leaders who work in women services. The leaders are not appreciative of how HARD the staff work. The only thing they CARE about is the BUDGET. The staff is being bullied by management. If you complain to the leaders, they classify the staff as being lazy. Incompetent leaders running Women Services. A lot of times no breaks, and lunch is just to rush to eat. These leaders do not live up to the mission of Adventist Health System. Complain to upper management and nothing is done about it.
Pros
most of the staff are hard workers. They are a few who skirt work
Cons
Leaders of Women Services is INCOMPETENT. Nurses licenses are at risk, always SHORT STAFF.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2