Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employer Reviews

quality Customer Service
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee), OrlandoMarch 27, 2015
this is a great company, every one works together to get the job done on time. Our aim is to provide quality customer service and to aid in the speedy recovery of patients allowing them to feel as if they are at there individual homes.
Great starting point for mental health experience
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Work Experience, Some Shift Flexibility, and Job Training
Cons: Long Shifts, Some Difficult Patients, and Limited Job Mobility for Psychology
It is a place where you can work with a various types of people. It can be fast or slow based on the population that is being assisted. I have learned quite a lot about the medical aspects that can compound mental health conditions. I have also had a great opportunity with job positions that I would have difficulty getting trained in another location. Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients in crisis that may not have a good amount of patience when working with staff. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients get better and be able to get back to their lives.
Diverse learning opportunities and fast paced
Numerous (Former Employee), All seven campuses in the central Florida areaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Diversity of opportunities
Cons: Larger size of the organization making communication difficult
Working in an organization for over 15 years makes summarizing each topic difficult since all area were unique. Days were challenging. I learned to adapt to changing conditions. Specific skills learned included but were not limited too clinical care, managerial responsibilities, performance improvement skills, and clinical compliance review ( more detailed information can be found in my curriculum vitae). Management was supportive.Team work was a big focus resulting in continuous improvement.The hardest part of the job was the size of the organization making communication difficult. The best part of the job was the diversity of opportunities for their employees.
Excellent Management team
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 27, 2015
Very good place to work. Enjoyed working with my team very much.I was able to speak with patients about their dietary needs and help them get well.
great company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
assisted in the fracture care ward and ortho clinic, filing answering phones. translated for Spanish speaking patients and their families
CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY & HEALTHY MANTRA.
Mediterranean Chef at Celebration (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: BONUSES WERE GIVEN.
Cons: SOME AREAS WERE CLOSED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
VERY DIVERSIFIED CULTURE FOR CULINARY ARTS. LEARNED ABOUT HEALTHY, VEGETARIAN & VEGAN CUISINE. DAYS ARE STRUCTURED AROUND THE IMMEDIATE NEED OF PATIENTS OR CLIENTS. GREAT COMRADERIE AMONG CO-WORKERS IN MOST INSTANCES & ENJOYABLE ATTAINABLE GOALS FROM MANAGEMENT.
Good Culture but bad management
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Very health oriented culture. A terrific vision and mision on board. These people are very in depth in their process of growing as a organization. Management is not the best at least where i worked.
high volume job security
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
very well known hospital (one of the biggest in the US), high volume workload, plenty of overtime, 30 min lunch breaks every day
I enjoyed working for McDonalds because its a fast pace environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: n/a
McDonalds is face pace where I am teachable and flexible. I learn fast. I enjoyed serving the customers in a friendly and timely manner.
Wonderful environment, very helpful team members
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMarch 20, 2015
Working at this hospital has been a wonderful experience, and if it weren't for relocating I would stay here until I graduated college. I love coming to work, all the staff members are very friendly and helpful. They make the day go by faster and make even the hardest of days enjoyable. Our unit manager takes our suggestions and comments very seriously, and bends over backwards to fix issues and improve our unit.
patients are nice, staff are nice but if you arent a RN nothing you say matters.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
im a pct on a 42 bed unit, its heavy and constantly busy. not complaining but management does not take the needs and wants of pcts seriously. we have no say, we almost feel unwanted or not needed.
Good place to work overall
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits and co-workers
Cons: no time off, no work-life balance
Overall it's a great place to work and the pay is good. If you have small children this isn't the place to work if you work nights.
People are great to work with
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Orange City, FLMarch 14, 2015
I have learned a lot about Patient Safety and Healthcare in general. Working directly with the current Safety Office showed opened up and world of knowledge in the Healthcare Industry for me.
Forward thinking company
Clinical Systems Activation Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2015
Florida Hospital is working to stay in front of the ever changing industry as it adapts to new technologies. The environment in which I work is one big think tank full of engineers, technical builders, etc. It's a cubicle environment and very quiet. Most work as one big team yet each area is broken down to different parts.
Caring hospital environment
Registered Nurse Critical Care/Telemetry (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
Fast paced, caring environment always presented opportunities for growth. Good benefits, several locations throughout the central Florida area. I would love to return if I ever relocated back to the area.
Good hospital / Home Care to work for
Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, Fl.March 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work load to schedule patient care was quite heavy, in order to be sure patients were receiving the proper care
enjoyed all the people I worked for and patient care. Sometimes the areas for home care were rather unpleasant and or unsafe
My employment at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills was an interesting and educational experience for me.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: steady work hours
Cons: job realignment
I was an integral part of keeping a medical/surgical unit flowing smoothly and assisting the doctors and nursing staff as needed.
A new experience
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 7, 2015
Good to improve and learn how To work in new areas that's given me more experiences for the future.very poor management,there're not much team work. the work is normal, in my opinion I feel satisfied with myself everytime that I finish my job.
Living through the mission
Mother/Infant Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs FloridaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: try to make you feel like a valued employee by praise, gifts, advancement in carrier, support.
Working at Florida Hospital has been a great experience that has lasted my entire carrier. They are a faith based facility that truly believes in their mission. I have worked in various departments and have loved them all for various reasons. I feel that my co-workers were always integral to the team and how well our shifts went. I was very blessed to have wonderful teams I was a part of. It is a strong facility to where you can grow and learn. I feel your input is valued. Management is very supportive of staff. It can be very busy as they have a wonderful reputation so there is no lack of patients to be seen. But I have met and been blessed to take care of so many wonderful families. It has definitely made me a stronger nurse.
Review
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Orange City, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: regional driven
Working for this organization has provided me with the experience for Marketing and Event Planning. Everyone on the team works well together to accomplish the same goal. Love working with the community and doing the same thing daily.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos