Florida Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Florida Hospital Summary
MIS Support Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
My job at Florida Hospital has not only allowed me to take care of my family but has given me opportunities to grow within the company. The management in Florida Hospital MIS is very welcoming and open to teach and help any one progress in their company. I suggest a job there to anyone interested in the medical field
Pros
Many benefits, Many events, and helpful work environment
Cons
Very hard for anyone to get a job, take a while for anything to be processed on the employment side
Excellent place to work
Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was refreshing, uplifting and energizing. I left with more energy than I came. I helped people who needed help and I learned and grew quickly. Management was very competent, sometimes very loving people. My coworkers were fantastic people. They had some really bad nurses but the volunteers were very good. The hardest part of the job was having to do more physical labor than helping people one on one because of daily demands and management decisions that geared you towards that rather than to did what you loved. And what I loved was talking to and taking care of the patients one on one.
Pros
Clean and safe environment, organized workplace, ethical culture, uplifting environment
Cons
Some bad nurses, bad customers.
Think twice
Health Unit Coordinator - Lead (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 31, 2015
I have founf that working for a hospital that follows a christian and religious calling should make sure that the employees they follow CLEARLY UNDERSTAND what the "Healing Ministry of Christ" is suppose to be.

There are too many hypocrites, especially in the HR division that only see a one sided picture. Management above anyone else. I have seen too many things happen to good people for no reasons by others that themselves would be let go for their actions.

It is clearly not right to work for a company that doe s not want to hear from its employees but relies on the scores of the surveys to progress. What other companies take you individually and review the survey questions...
Pros
Great Benefits and Good People on your same level
Cons
Upper Mgmt Sends mixed signals
The Best Place to Work for!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 25, 2016
Solid job culture. Quality is expected in every single aspect of your daily work. Great potential for advancement. Strong promotion within the company and potential for transfers to other regions. Firm understanding of team work. Officers and associates work together toward the same goal. With positive criticisms and constant support.
Solid Christian foundation!
Overall, I would recommend this hospital for employement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Nursing shifts are primarily 12 hours. ICU level patient/nurse ratio is usually a 2:1 ratio; with adjustments for acuity and staffing. Management is easily approachable. As with most hospitals of this size, patients tend to be very high in acuity. Staffing of RNs and PCTs is an ongoing issue. Their tuition reimbursement and health insurance could be better, but is adequate (tuition reimbursement for BSN is good). Generally they promote from within, and given large size of the hospital, this allows room for advancement of career in many specialties..
Long hours, with low pay for what is required
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is a good company, but the facility I worked at in Centra Care left a lot to be desired due to management. Long hours and a long drive. No compensation for driving 20+ miles each way to work plus tolls
great place to work; just no advancement
therapist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 4, 2015
It was a great place to be a therapist and advance my skills. great location near the beach. only problem was that you work hard to get a quarter raise every year. management listens well to employees but in the end it comes down to productivity.
Cons
short lunches
To much work for such high expectation
Nutritional Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Nutritional Services Department is always short staffed. I was told it was going to get better but after being hired for 6 months it got worst. My co-workers were amazing. Management was always rude and want you to give them a leg and an arm but you would get in trouble if you sat down for 5 minutes. 12 hour shifts but since their always short staffed they want you to pick up shifts all the time and that means you have no work life balance what so ever. On the bright side when you were out taking patient's menu selection for the day it was a nice escape especially of the patients were having a good day.
Pros
Meal tickets if you go above and beyond, good benefits and lots of PDO
Cons
Pick up others slack a lot, no free meals
Productive fast pace rewarding place to work for
Chart Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Florida Hospital health information management department is a very fast pace work environment that motivates and requires it's workers to keep their quality and production at 96-100%. The department communicates, motivates each other, and works well together as a team. Since their is good communication among the team members, the quality and production is always high. The hardest part is when their is an interruption between our workflow, for example a particular record is needed in the electronic system, we have to stop where we are at, and get that into the system at that very moment. After the priority is taken cared of, we continue in the work flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the goals of the company and knowing that your team is achieving the goals.
Pros
For clocking in and out on time we get a gift card every 3rd quarter, health insurance
Cons
short breaks
Awesome Place to work for
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 1, 2016
Great Place to work for, nice management very flexible and supportive when requesting help, please are very friendly a lot of activities, fun raising, everybody is involve with each other to make you feel like a family
Pros
Good Place to work for
Cons
Good Place to work for
Interesting work environment with smart colleagues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  AltamonteOctober 13, 2015
Really interesting work in most areas (very little dull routine). Outstanding opportunity to work with experienced people. General helpfulness of colleagues is almost uniformly present across all shifts. Very intense focus on therapeutic communication with patients. Lots of opportunity to become excel in my career.
Pros
Helpful colleagues, benefits and incentives, education
Cons
intensive and overload
A diverse workplace committed to the mission of Adventist Health System and encouraging employees to participate in a mission driven culture as well.
Architect / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is definitely a precious jewel within our communities. For over one century, it has grown to meet the ever changing needs of the residents and visitors of the Sunshine State. A not for profit organization, Florida Hospital continues to reinvest its revenues in technology as well as infrastructure to keep pace with the ever growing health care costs and needs of people within the southeastern United States.
Dynamic emergency room in the east side of orlando
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2016
As all emergency rooms across the country, the florida hospital east Orlando emergency room is among on e of the busiest ER's in central florida. No one day is a replica of the day before and challenges are part of the daily dynamics. A stressful day is something all ER nurses are used to, however good and reliable co-workers make a huge difference. This makes a significant impact in its daily operations and the working relations between the staff
Pros
co-workers
Cons
daily stress of ER environment
Productive and caring environment
PROJECT MANAGER - FHHS (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 27, 2015
A great place to work at. Really committed to patients' well being. Management is engaged and friendly. Multiple opportunities for career changes.
Okay place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2016
Worked as a Registered Nurse and provided total care for up to seven patients. Primary patients included those admitted with chest pain, COPD, renal failure, diabetes, etc. Prioritized and completed follow up assessments, evaluated and modified plan of care as needed. Promoted an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors. I was also floated to the surgical unit where I provided cared for up to six surgical patients. Provided appropriate education to patients prior to and after surgical procedures (e.g. appendectomy, total hip, etc.).
Altamonte Security is a joke
Security Officer/ Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 27, 2015
This job was once a great place to work. They trusted that we as adults could handle daily tasks on our own. We worked 8 hour work days. In that one 8hr day you handled many different tasks. However within the last year and half the the whole security department has gone through an over haul. Instead being able to do your job by yourself they micro manage everything you do. They have turned the department into a mini police force on security guard wages. The best part of working for the hospital are the people you meet and bond you create them. BECAREFUL if you do not now how to play politics then this place is not for you.
Pros
The people who you work with . Certain people were great coworkers and would help you out in a pinch
Cons
Read my above review to see the cons.
Fun and safe workplace to work
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2015
Florida Hospital has helped me grow spiritually by inspiring patients, family and employees with their mission as far as to extend the healing ministry of Christ, physically by involving every employee to focus on their energy through the health creation, and the most important employees are surrounded with great leaderships and management by supporting everyone with compassion.
N/a
Administrative Assistant IV/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Typical work day
Communication
Management always treated me well
Loved my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was implementing change
Lunch with my co-workers was the best part of the job.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 15, 2016
No complaints about Florida hospital. Great place to work if you are a nursing student or nurse. Great work/Life Balance with fair pay
Christ Centered Hospital
PA Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2015
Excellent character is crucial for support when relating to department management & in employee relationships. High emphasis on honesty, communication, and quality performance. Especially enjoyed the ability to share faith openly and use my gifts and talents in a voluntary community outreach leadership role . Hard work & ability to be flexible, organized, and a critical thinker are musts. Online and internal applications, report completion and calls to insurance providers all part of the position. Primarily computer work.
Great to be able to find best friends at work that support & cherish one another.
Pros
Wonderful personal relationship building
Cons
Eliminated Telecommute position or I would still be happily employed there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.