Florida Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Hardest job ever
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  FlAugust 9, 2016
I loved the environment but this was the toughest job I have ever worked. I worked 3rd shift. After training for 2 nights with someone I was put on my own. If I had a problem come up I just had to solve it on my own bc there was no one to call in the middle of the night. There was so much stuff to get done it was almost impossible to do a good job & get it all done. There was very poor communication with the supervisor. I've heard there have been some improvements. I sure hope so.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor communication
A productive fun place to work with great teammates.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
My job duties as a phlebotomist are to obtain venipuncture and capillary specimens from patients ensuring that specimens a correctly labeled and orders are received. My job duties as a lab assistance 2 are to perform microbiology duties assigned including micro specimen processing sod preparation and staining culture setup and handling positive blood cultures, Insurance customers are correctly label in order as received ability to properly prioritize routine specimens receipts in the laboratory on first in in first out basics documents temperatures of equipment and perform preventive maintenance of equipment.
Co-workers try to work as a team as much as possible given the high acuity of patients, mainly a geriatric population..
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Winter Park Memorial HospitalAugust 19, 2016
Caring for 4 patients at the PCU/Critical Care Level. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring patient safety and doing so as to complete one's shift on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and ensuring that our patients receive the best possible care given the help/resources available.
Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34744August 9, 2016
Comfortable with fast-paced projects and high-pressure settings, I enjoy a challenge and recognize the value of resourcefulness and teamwork in achieving goals providing the highest customer service. With the wealth of experience, I can bring to any company because of experience at Florida Hospital.
Pros
Free lunch, pizza days, free training in Orlando.
Cons
Teamwork, Project Completions, Fast-paced work loads
Dynamic emergency room in the east side of orlando
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2016
As all emergency rooms across the country, the florida hospital east Orlando emergency room is among on e of the busiest ER's in central florida. No one day is a replica of the day before and challenges are part of the daily dynamics. A stressful day is something all ER nurses are used to, however good and reliable co-workers make a huge difference. This makes a significant impact in its daily operations and the working relations between the staff
Pros
co-workers
Cons
daily stress of ER environment
To much work for such high expectation
Nutritional Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Nutritional Services Department is always short staffed. I was told it was going to get better but after being hired for 6 months it got worst. My co-workers were amazing. Management was always rude and want you to give them a leg and an arm but you would get in trouble if you sat down for 5 minutes. 12 hour shifts but since their always short staffed they want you to pick up shifts all the time and that means you have no work life balance what so ever. On the bright side when you were out taking patient's menu selection for the day it was a nice escape especially of the patients were having a good day.
Pros
Meal tickets if you go above and beyond, good benefits and lots of PDO
Cons
Pick up others slack a lot, no free meals
A diverse workplace committed to the mission of Adventist Health System and encouraging employees to participate in a mission driven culture as well.
Architect / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Florida Hospital is definitely a precious jewel within our communities. For over one century, it has grown to meet the ever changing needs of the residents and visitors of the Sunshine State. A not for profit organization, Florida Hospital continues to reinvest its revenues in technology as well as infrastructure to keep pace with the ever growing health care costs and needs of people within the southeastern United States.
Florida Hospital Orlando
Server (Former Employee) –  601. E Rollins St.August 8, 2016
Great Experience, Too much drama and not enough team work
Great perks and cpmany does alot to sponsor employees
You get to know alot about the company and the people working there. Easy to move up in the company.. its an easy networking working environment.
Pros
Great Perks. Discount on phone service and work appropriate shoes
Cons
short breaks. too much drama. not enough teamwork
great place to work with great people
pca (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 26, 2016
there was lots of team work and smiling face I learn a very lot from my co-worker to the head staff enjoyed been with the patient just letting them know it was going to be alright and they was safe and reassuring family that they was in good hands. the hardest part was to see there faces before surgery or when our shift was over and it was time to go home.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
health care
team work
New Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2016
I enjoy my job, working hard to get new oncology patients on the schedules to see the doctor, I have the help of my co-works to leave open spaces on their doctor schedule for new patients, my manage is very helpful when I need her help with opening a doctor schedule. the most enjoyable thing about my job is t
Team Work.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
I also enjoyed working for Florida hospital, I learned so much especially in Chemistry. The commute got to be too much after 2 years,
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2016
I worked for the majority with good group of employees, there was a clickish group and gossip was horrible, Every job I have worked we work like a lab family. Never felt that way there.
Would not suggest working here
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2016
Busy for the most part which is good, however would not suggest working here because the pay is terrible compared to other local hospitals. Also the hospital will have you work full time as PRN and not give you full time status so you are not eligible for benefits.
Cons
Pay, food prices, insurance company
Enjoyable Internship
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
If you are selected to be one of the Florida Hospital's Interns it more than likely means you are high quality. During an internship at the Florida Hospital you will gain invaluable experiences and connections. I didn't even mind that it was unpaid, you can't put a price on experience (especially in the Adventist Health System).
great place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
Awesome decade spent making friends, growing professionally and spiritually at this campus. Always lots to do on campus each day (south); observing the growth has been phenomenal. Great leadership
Pros
town halls, christian enviornment, lots to do all the time
Cons
working excessive weekends
Calidad de vida y productividad
LABORATORISTA CLINICO (BIOANALISTA EN VENEZUELA (Former Employee) –  MINDEPORTE - CENTRO CLINICO SAN JUANJune 26, 2016
Procesamiento de muestra siempre tomando en cuenta el control de calidad y seguridad teniendo en cuenta la cooperacion, lo satifactrio es tener resulrados confiables y de calidad
Pros
COMPARTIR CON COMPAÑEROS
Cons
PRACTICAR DEPORTE
Great place to work, the company cares about their staff
MIS Support Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2016
The company I work for appreciates their IT staff and are willing to go above and beyond to make sure you are not only growing but innovating the career of choice.
Pros
Great inspiration to grow
Cons
The hours can be long and endless
Employee wellness, core values, and mission are encouraged and supported by management.
Robotic and Gynecology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2016
The variety of surgical cases is fun and provides a great learning experience. Education receives high emphasis. Robotics expansion has been supported.
Pros
Continuing education, consistent breaks and lunches provided.
The Best Place to Work for!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 25, 2016
Solid job culture. Quality is expected in every single aspect of your daily work. Great potential for advancement. Strong promotion within the company and potential for transfers to other regions. Firm understanding of team work. Officers and associates work together toward the same goal. With positive criticisms and constant support.
Solid Christian foundation!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  VolunteerMay 6, 2016
• Generated daily computerized printouts of clinical and audit records.
• Flexible and proficient in multitasking.
• Communicated with different departments to establish coordination in administrative work.
• Ordered unit supplies.
Productive fast pace rewarding place to work for
Chart Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Florida Hospital health information management department is a very fast pace work environment that motivates and requires it's workers to keep their quality and production at 96-100%. The department communicates, motivates each other, and works well together as a team. Since their is good communication among the team members, the quality and production is always high. The hardest part is when their is an interruption between our workflow, for example a particular record is needed in the electronic system, we have to stop where we are at, and get that into the system at that very moment. After the priority is taken cared of, we continue in the work flow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the goals of the company and knowing that your team is achieving the goals.
Pros
For clocking in and out on time we get a gift card every 3rd quarter, health insurance
Cons
short breaks

4.2