Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employer Reviews

Florida Hospital Orlando CICU/MICU
CICU RN (Current Employee), Orlando FLoridaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: cafateria discount
Cons: hard to take a break, lunch, go to the bathroom, no tech help
typical CICU shifts, patient load 2 to 1 most of the time but no tech assistance and very heavy patient load. Co workers help where they can. Management not so much.

Cardiac doctors and Inten. MD are awesome and easy to work with. ARNP and PA also. Very knowledgeable and helpful with staff.

Very difficulty to give total good care to 2 patient when – more... families are allowed in 24/7 Most families let you do your job but everyone know all it takes is that one family to throw your whole day off. HCAP scores now rule so family, friends and patients now rule what and how you do your job.

Mix of cardiac and general ICU patients.

Lots of mandatory education every quarter with no time to do at work. – less
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees
Unspecified (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, competitive pay
Cons: long hours, high expectations when off of work, contantly connected
This organization really takes care of the employees, they have a faith based direction and it is refreshing to be able to pray before meetings in the workplace.
Absolutely the Best
LPN (Former Employee), Lake Placid, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Great working environment, great benefits and remember it with love.
GOOD PLACE ,
Retired (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: people are great
Cons: changes hand an ceo a lot
A HOSPITAL THAT LETS YOU TALK ABOUT GOD! AND HAS TOWN HALL MEETINGS SO YOU CAN VOICE YOUR THOUGHTS
Nice place to work
Support Agent- Management Information Systems (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: nice benifits, good employee incentives, caring managers.
Cons: hard to advance or transfer depts.
Nice please to work, good christian people. They look out for the well being of their employees.
My Goal
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLAugust 24, 2014
Ive learned alot. working there helped me to become a nurse today and aide me into becoming an Oncology Nurse as my goal
love my job
Surgical Technology Extern (500Hrs.) (Former Employee), Tavares, FLAugust 24, 2014
my job is very rewarding the hospital is very large and the surgical room are always full
Very large, growing hospital with state of the art care.
Coordinator/Lead and Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: moral boosting activities, tech aids
Cons: schedule often fell behind
Florida Hospital offers care and procedures that are nationally renowned. Top notch doctors in every field. The hospital is growing constantly offering many opportunities for employment. A typical day at work is a fast non-stop pace. My coworkers are all very hard working and dedicated professionals. The hardest part of the job is maintaining an acceptable – more... turn around time due to the heavy workload. The management maintains good communication with the team with frequent email updates and meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a hospital that is constantly growing and introducing new technology and surgical intervention. – less
Best hospital in Central Florida
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2014
A great hospital to work for. Everyone shares the same passion for helping people and caring for patients.
ok hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at florida hospital. But from a nursing perspective it is difficult to work as a bedside nurse due to patient acuity and hospital politics. But what hospital isn't like that.
Nice place to work,but I am looking for a change
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLAugust 14, 2014
I met new people among patients and coworkers. I learned new things that are slightly different to what I use to do in my country where I was a nurse. The hardest part is when I had to be cancelled .
Excellent organization with a good mission.
RN Case Manager - Care Management (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
Enjoyed working here at Florida Hospital.
Excellent work environment.
Good pay and healthcare benefit.
Excellent learning and working environment.
Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLAugust 11, 2014
Strong management that allowed students on clinical rotation to reenforce classroom learning while providing the opportunities to get required competencies for ARRT registration.
Fun yet productive environment.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
I worked Monday through Friday. I did not have set hours. I would adjust my schedule daily to meet the requirements of any catering events or ordering that falls on certain times and days. I would First Do my rounds around the Food service department and make sure all employees knew what products to use and also anything they might need to know regarding – more... catering. There were 60 employees in the Department. I had to check emails daily for any new updates regarding re-calls or information regarding products i order. A normal week for me i would order between 50-60 thousand dollars worth of food products/supplements, or any supplies needed for employees to fulfill their job duties. I had over 10 vendors to deal with weekly. My passion was cooking but since i possessed leadership skills i was placed as the coordinator. I absolutely loved my job and people i worked with. I left the Company in March 2013 due to a mutual separation. I could not advance in my position nor would my pay increase. I decided to go back to school and im fully online currently getting my Degree. Which my school will not affect any positions offered due to it being fully online. – less
Productive and great atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches and theme parks
Cons: short breaks
Surgery scheduling for proper medication allocation
Charge and Credit medications depending on patient usage
Repackaging on the PAK-EDGE UD and re-stock the PAR Pixis
Duties to include compounding, prepare IV solutions, medication vials
Managed overfill during preparation and delivery of IV’s
Florida Hospital Orlando
Returned Full Time to Med (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2014
My only regret with Florida Hospital is that my position has been minimized & my income has been drastically reduced-unfortunatly a situation that will not change with time.
great place to work
Cardiovascular Technologist, CCT, RCIS (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lots of politics
anple opportunity for advancement. Great people and family like atmosphere.
Great team work, supportive administrative staff
Staff nurse (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: sense of being valued as an employee
Great educational support. Staff provided support to each other.
Opportunities to grow up in your career
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: pdo, health insurance
Cons: work most of holidays
Fast pace workplace, busy most of times, be in touch with different kind of patients and getting a lot of experience, good teamwork, learning about illnesses and procedures, learn how to deal with personal and patients feelings, been compassion to others all the time, and ending my workday knowing I did and gave the best of me and my skills to help – more... every single patient. – less
Supportive
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: supportive department director
Excellent Inpatient Coding support by HIM Director, Case Management Liaison. Inpatient Coworker and I were a highly accurate/productive coding team that could meet coding/ ANSB weekly goals even with 60 discharges/day and had a 98% RAC and other audit appeal rate. Yearly Pyramid Audits yielded some years with no findings of suggestions to change DRGs – more... and no less than 95% accuracy with years where there were suggestions by Pyramid auditor. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos