Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
MIS Support Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discount on lunches
A typical day at work is pretty fun. You get to interact with different people and get to learn as much about the medical field as possible. Management is awesome and they will actually listen to your request rather than just ignore you.
Management Sucks! (They have their pick, very unprofessional)
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: meal tickets/ discounts
Cons: summer time (cutting back of hours)
Great place to work and learn new things! Their is a lack of team effort and when it comes to health care that's really the last thing you need. I love it other than that I love it. I think the hardest part of my job is being giving the nurses job on top of my job as if my job isn't harder than theirs anyways (lol). Oh! yeah and the PAY isn't great at all. The most enjoyable part is making a difference is someone sick life and being told that you have made their day BETTER! :-) That's always a great feeling
Great environment to work in. Employees are very nice and helpful.
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Great environment to work in. Employees are very helpful. Fast paced environment. Must be able to multi-task and meet expectations.
very good
staff pharmacist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2015
working hospital in-patient pharmacy your customers are professional peolple such as doctors and nurses. your respond is very valuble and critical because it is always someone's life so that you have to be accrate and quick at the same time.
out-patient you deal with patients and the biggest problem is:
when patient come to visit any clinic or hospital the last area to visit is the pharmacy and he/she already exhausted so they can't tolerate further waiting time so always you have to convince to be patient.

The enjoyable part of the pharmacy job is helping others when they really need help and pharmacist is the one of the most trusted prefession.
Great experience
Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Worked in a number of different departments and obtained a lot of knowledge and insight to things I never knew existed. A very large company that is dominating the industry in their geographic location.
One of the leading hospitals in the United States that does an excellent job extending healing to its patients.
Manager of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: excellent atmosphere, great employee engagement
I currently oversee a team of 25 employees in a 24/7 hospital (ER) registration/financial services area. For the most part, it's a very hectic environment but the fact that we are able to extend healing to patients is what makes my job so enjoyable. I also receive fulfillment from coaching my staff and helping them perform better each day. I have a great group of leadership team members that truly care about their employees and I am very lucky to have been given the opportunity to serve under their wing. The hardest part of the job for me is giving constructive criticism to my subordinates based off their performance although it also gives me purpose and feeling of accomplishment when conversations go well and productive.
good company to work for
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great mission
Cons: low pay
The company has a great mission that makes you feel like you are contributing to the community. The Hospital is one of the largest Hospital systems in the USA and is number one in many specialties.
Florida Hospital
Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Apopka, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
Sedentary Job with repetition.
Didn't really learn anything.
Management is nice, always checked on how we were doing.
Hardest part of the job was the temperature being very hot.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the partner stations becuase you'd have someone new to connect with every so often.
Productive day!
Housekeeper II (Current Employee), Sebring, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: being able to commuicate with other patients, teamwork
Cons: wage of pay
Usually everyone arrives early in the morning to gather new information or simply if everyone is alright, then a short prayer.
Given our assignments of room services and other services needed on the floor we are currently assigned.
Hardest part of my job is how we are always short of staff got to do a lot of the extra work even on the busy season. Sometimes it can be how sometimes we has housekeepers are treat it makes it hard on everyone.
I feel like the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and gain more knowledge on what this job provides. Learning new techniques on how things are done or handled.
Co-worker well that part is rather easy for I find everyone like family and how we all try to help each other in finishing our duties throughout the day, sometimes it helps most of us.
In this department I've learned rather a lot of information on chemicals, HIPPA, patient interaction. I went through fire training along with Bio-hazard and linen training. Even today I am learning new information through my working experience.
fantastic hospital to work for
Community Partnership Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Great friendly and positive environment. Love the people I work with . very genuine and down to earth. Learn new things every day. Great to be a part of such a great culture and company.
unacceptable performance review
RN PCU Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: inability for a manager to manage and report, a unacceptable performance evaluation on model employee without questions, when reported that she was unable to manage her unit
Unit manager was allowed to provide a unfavorable employee review without question. All when the entire unit had quit and/or transferred out and when it was documented that there was a callout each day prior to my resignation which she revoked and fired me. Also all this occurred when our unit was being ran into the ground and eventually her and her entire management staff were either fired or relocated to other departments due to her inability to manage
The staff were very friendly and a very safety environment.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: the staff were friendly to work with and well defined work responsibilities.
Cons: pay a nd limited upward mobility.
My co-worker were very friendly and helpful. We have a very busy day and a very difficult day. The hardest part of the job is when we are very busy because we have to be very careful in dealing with test result. The very enjoyable part of the job is when everybody is helping each other to get the job done properly and in time.
Productive and Fun work place
CNA/MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Lake Placid, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted patients with getting up and out of bed. Feed who could not feed them selves bathed dressed changed. provided love and care. Took vitals.
A great learning experice in the medical field
Home Health Department (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
• Greeted employees printed copies, sorted, and filled confidential documents, and various office duties
• Set up establishment of intake starter care and discharge packets labeled and attached business cards
productive
Environmental (housekeeping) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Normal days. I learned to have compassion,
working in a team.
The hard part of my job was when the other shift don't doing his
job so I had to work double.
The more enyoyable part was when the patients said thanks.
No Love for the RT
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: no break time, no back up
Should you need a respiratory therapist in a hurry, you may be out of luck. They run with one RT in that place. And no matter how many complaints they get, they don't seen to see the urgency. The Nurse manger is a tyrant, and expects people to cower in her presents, She is also the Respiratory Director. The Minion she has as a manager is nothing less than a yes man. Who puts in his 15 hrs of actual face time in the building, cuts out by noon, then collects a full time paycheck. He does not back his staff, and can not be counted on in times of emergency.
Do you really want to trust your loved ones to overstressed, underpaid, flying by the seat of their pants Healthcare team?
Productive and highly patient, family and staff interative environment.
Staff Nurse in Progressive Care Unit. (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: staff recognition in the form of incentives.
Cons: working for long hours without adequate break time
As a clinical nurse, my typical day is much interaction with patients, their families, and members of the medical, nursing and ancillary professions. Every day, there is opportunity for new learning. This environment is multicultural, therefore there is much to learn from and about various cultures. Despite the hecticity of the work environment, I do enjoy my job, especially the opportunity to interact with my patients and their family members. The hardest part of my job is when the environment becomes very busy, and it is sometimes impossible to meet the patients' needs in a timely matter. Working in a team environment, makes the work load seem lighter and less stressful.
Good learning experience
Per Diem Staff & Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 31, 2015
It's a good learning clinical experience for me. I got the opportunity to participate in clinical consults i.e, glycemic management, anticoagulation management, pharmacokinetics etc.,
Productive and fast pace
Hostess (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Dealing with customers with different attitudes and dealing with problems they might have dealing with their orders. Being able to multi- task when help is needed in another area of the work place.
Awesome workplace they care as much about there employees as they do the patients.
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: can't think of any
Morning meetings filled with lots of enthusiasm and a prayer for all of those in need to get our great day started. I learned a lot about disease control and the spreading of it. And we could not have asked for a better management team they were always doing something to build our enthusiasm we could go to them with anything, we were not judged we were helped! The hardest part of the job was seeing all of the sick and injured people the best part of the job was knowing that everyone there played a part in making them better. the most enjoyable part for me was meeting all the amazing patients and there families and helping to put a smile on there face. And a pat on the back for a job well done was nice too!

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos