Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Good people , out of touch managment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 16, 2015
No room for growth in the position I was in .Career development was also lacking. Burnout is easy due to constant high stress levels , and feeling unappreciated by staff.
Very busy and fulfilling.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), DeLand, FLApril 9, 2015
I had a lot to do each and every day, but I looked forward to going to work at the hospital. The management team was very respectful, and my co-workers were quite nice and helpful.
excelleent
Volunteer Transportation as well as retail (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs and ApopkaApril 7, 2015
Pros: clean, nice, friendly, helpful
Volunteered during summer and everyon'se was very pleasant and informative. Friendly atmosphere. The staff and supervisors were all very helpful, and the Doctors and Nurses and office staff were a pleasure to be associated with.
Team Work and Dedication
Registerd Nurse (Cardiopulmonary) (Current Employee), Deland, FLApril 7, 2015
Florida Hospital is where I was able to obtain my work experience as a new graduate nurse. I was paired with an amazing preceptor that was knowledgeable, kind, but most of all patient. Working at this facility as helped me improve my communication skills with my patients. The people I have worked with have all been extremely welcoming and always willing to help. I've enjoyed working at Florida Hospital.
nothing to say
Material Tech II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 2, 2015
N/A management is horrible, no team work and no coverage ever. Directors don't even know whats going on in their own department.
I worked with a great team of professionals who strived to do the best possible job for the patient.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Working with a great team with great outcomes
Cons: Mostly a great work environment, at times having to deal with irrate and unrealistic family members could be a challenge
The role of Case Manager in an acute care setting is very fast paced and requires multi tasking. The duties are varied and one must be able to accommodate changes to your daily routine frequently. The department I worked with was a Manager and 9 Case Managers. We did not have Social Workers so the RN was responsible for a case load of 16 to 20 patients for all UR and D/C planning. My coworkers and I worked as a team and collaborated to assure excellent outcomes. The unrealistic expectations of patients and family for available resources was probably the most challenging aspect of the job. The most rewarding aspect of the job was to know that I was able to insure appropriate disposition upon D/C and that I was truly a patient advocate.
quality Customer Service
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee), OrlandoMarch 27, 2015
this is a great company, every one works together to get the job done on time. Our aim is to provide quality customer service and to aid in the speedy recovery of patients allowing them to feel as if they are at there individual homes.
Great starting point for mental health experience
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Work Experience, Some Shift Flexibility, and Job Training
Cons: Long Shifts, Some Difficult Patients, and Limited Job Mobility for Psychology
It is a place where you can work with a various types of people. It can be fast or slow based on the population that is being assisted. I have learned quite a lot about the medical aspects that can compound mental health conditions. I have also had a great opportunity with job positions that I would have difficulty getting trained in another location. Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients in crisis that may not have a good amount of patience when working with staff. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients get better and be able to get back to their lives.
Diverse learning opportunities and fast paced
Numerous (Former Employee), All seven campuses in the central Florida areaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Diversity of opportunities
Cons: Larger size of the organization making communication difficult
Working in an organization for over 15 years makes summarizing each topic difficult since all area were unique. Days were challenging. I learned to adapt to changing conditions. Specific skills learned included but were not limited too clinical care, managerial responsibilities, performance improvement skills, and clinical compliance review ( more detailed information can be found in my curriculum vitae). Management was supportive.Team work was a big focus resulting in continuous improvement.The hardest part of the job was the size of the organization making communication difficult. The best part of the job was the diversity of opportunities for their employees.
Excellent Management team
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 27, 2015
Very good place to work. Enjoyed working with my team very much.I was able to speak with patients about their dietary needs and help them get well.
great company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
assisted in the fracture care ward and ortho clinic, filing answering phones. translated for Spanish speaking patients and their families
CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY & HEALTHY MANTRA.
Mediterranean Chef at Celebration (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: BONUSES WERE GIVEN.
Cons: SOME AREAS WERE CLOSED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
VERY DIVERSIFIED CULTURE FOR CULINARY ARTS. LEARNED ABOUT HEALTHY, VEGETARIAN & VEGAN CUISINE. DAYS ARE STRUCTURED AROUND THE IMMEDIATE NEED OF PATIENTS OR CLIENTS. GREAT COMRADERIE AMONG CO-WORKERS IN MOST INSTANCES & ENJOYABLE ATTAINABLE GOALS FROM MANAGEMENT.
Good Culture but bad management
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Very health oriented culture. A terrific vision and mision on board. These people are very in depth in their process of growing as a organization. Management is not the best at least where i worked.
high volume job security
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
very well known hospital (one of the biggest in the US), high volume workload, plenty of overtime, 30 min lunch breaks every day
I enjoyed working for McDonalds because its a fast pace environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: n/a
McDonalds is face pace where I am teachable and flexible. I learn fast. I enjoyed serving the customers in a friendly and timely manner.
Wonderful environment, very helpful team members
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMarch 20, 2015
Working at this hospital has been a wonderful experience, and if it weren't for relocating I would stay here until I graduated college. I love coming to work, all the staff members are very friendly and helpful. They make the day go by faster and make even the hardest of days enjoyable. Our unit manager takes our suggestions and comments very seriously, and bends over backwards to fix issues and improve our unit.
patients are nice, staff are nice but if you arent a RN nothing you say matters.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
im a pct on a 42 bed unit, its heavy and constantly busy. not complaining but management does not take the needs and wants of pcts seriously. we have no say, we almost feel unwanted or not needed.
Good place to work overall
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits and co-workers
Cons: no time off, no work-life balance
Overall it's a great place to work and the pay is good. If you have small children this isn't the place to work if you work nights.
People are great to work with
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Orange City, FLMarch 14, 2015
I have learned a lot about Patient Safety and Healthcare in general. Working directly with the current Safety Office showed opened up and world of knowledge in the Healthcare Industry for me.
Forward thinking company
Clinical Systems Activation Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2015
Florida Hospital is working to stay in front of the ever changing industry as it adapts to new technologies. The environment in which I work is one big think tank full of engineers, technical builders, etc. It's a cubicle environment and very quiet. Most work as one big team yet each area is broken down to different parts.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos