Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Good benefits; work with flexibility when things come up; keeps employees informed
Insurance verifier (Current Employee) –  Florida hospital Tampa and Carroll woodJune 27, 2017
Over all it is a good place to work ; but the pay is not enough ; very compared to other places . But great benefits ; college reimbursements . They are very understanding for emergent situations and try to work with you . Have chances to learn about retirement and other programs
Cons
Low pay
would recommend to family and friends
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2017
i worked here in the ED for 7 years. the people are great to work with, but the leadership is could use some work. friends of the supervisors get the favor
Pros
you learn a lot here
Cons
the breaks are too short
Florida Hospital
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 26, 2017
Florida Hospital is a great company to work for. The staff are nice and friendly. There is much room for growth and development and management listen to your ideals!
Good
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 25, 2017
Good working for Florida Hospital. Good company, good management.

Do not have anything else to say about Management or Florida Hospital Apopka as their culture is new to me.
Great experience
Volunteer Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2017
During my time at Florida Hospital, I learned a lot about the day-to-day life of a Nursing Assistant. I had a very informative experience, and this wonderful opportunity allowed me to become more comfortable in this field.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Expensive lunch
Enjoyable atmosphere
Occupational Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2017
Florida Hospital is open and welcoming to all people. As such, this creates an environment of respect for one another, where each employee works to fulfill optimal potential.
The hardest part of the job.
Patient Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2017
Working 12+ hours a day over night and trying to balance your life is really difficult. You really have to set your mind and become focus. You have to come with a level head because you don't know what to expect.
Cons
Not that many breaks.
Great Place to work! But I'm re-locating back to Michigan where my family is.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 24, 2017
This was a great experience working here. I can really say that our
patient's came first. They also care about their employees, not only at work but they encourage a life balance of home and work. There
was plenty of incentives for working at this hospital.
Nice place to work at .Hard work is the expectation that leads to success
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 23, 2017
Work at this hospital requires hard work and care ful panning. Priortization is the key word. The nurse work as a team making the hard work easy for the nurses.
Cons
No breaks many times
RN position
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 22, 2017
Enjoy my co-workers. Working as a nurse can be stressful so important to have co-workers you enjoy working with. Hospitals are more focused on patient satisfaction and always auditing.
not so friendly workplace
Patient Support Aide (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2017
management team isn't professional at all they have there favorites over work certain people do the schedule by who they like not a friendly place to work in the department I was in
Exciting place to work
Case Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 21, 2017
The department management team was very professional and a pleasure to work with
.I got a great look at the other area of case management while doing my job.
Pros
They can be very flexible and you learn so much more than your actual job.
Cons
none to mention
Only cares about budgets/monet
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
During my time here my workload was gradually increased with no increased in pay. They only "Extend the healing ministry of Christ" to their patients, not their hard-working, overworked employees.
Specialty Care Oncology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
John Hopkins Bayview is a great place to work. A typical day in the med-surge oncology involves taking Care of very sick patients as well as family cope with their disease.
Very good place to gain experience!
ER Regestered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2017
Divers patient population, winter time is very busy because of snow birds. Great team work! Advanced technology and high level of patient satisfaction. Place looks like big hotel. Very good place to gain experience, but no money.
Great Opportunity
Dispatcher/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2017
Florida hospitals is an great place to start. There are many programs available to those looking to grow. The pay and benefits are also good and if your looking for stability this is the place to be.
Professional and Diverse!
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
After getting to the floor, I would grab a list of my patient's names and what needed to be done. I would make rounds, recording vitals, giving bathing supplies and replacing the heart monitors' battery. After making rounds, I would go back and assist the patients that needed assistance bathing and changing the linens and their clothes. Then, I would go downstairs and eat if my breakfast - if I had any time. I would starting ambulating patients that needed to be. Before lunch time I would again take vitals. During lunch, I would assist feeding any patients. I would take on any other tasks that would come my way. Sometimes, the nurses would help me in taking vitals - which would give me just a little bit of wiggle room. The staff is very friendly and diverse too! My workplace continues to improve the quality of care. The hard part was that one person had a lot to handle. The enjoyable part was the staff always comes together to make the work manageable. Everyone holds their patients on a pedestal.
great work enviornment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 15, 2017
Great team to work with, very flexible and positive. The director is the best manager I have ever worked with! The team works well together in a collaborative effort to achieve the best outcomes for the patients.
Great Place to work
LAB ASSISTANT/TECH (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my position with Florida Hospital and respect its mission. The people are a pleasure, experienced and qualified professionals. helping people is a rewarding profession
Not great place to work
Care Manager Clinical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Manager of Cade Management at Florida Hospital East very inept in position. countless nurses and Social Workers left under her leadership and Supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2