Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and great workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: family oriented, christian organization with very courteous and helpful co workers
Cons: twelve hour shifts are long...
Since I started working at Florida Hospital I have grown with knowledge of a hospital setting environment. Coworkers are very family oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you make a difference in the patients you interact with on a daily basis. The hardest is not being able to help those that do not want to be helped. Management – more... are a great asset to the company always there when you need them whether it is personal or work related. The organization always gives the employees the tools to keep up to date with the materials needed to get the job done. – less
A great palce to work
Cardiovascular Sonographer, PRN (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: nice new hospital with spaceous rooms and very professional staff.
Cons: long shift 12 hours
My co-workers were very nice and extremely friendly, like a family for me. It was my first job after finishing the college. They gave me a chance, and I appriciate that very much.
A management is excellent.
Already reviewed
On Call Music Therapist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Already reviewed. I have already completed this review. The management was excellent at Florida Hospital and were always open to discussing any issues that arose. The co-workers were friendly and always enthusiastic about music therapy. They seemed curious and would ask questions and would try to get their patients referred to us.
Horrible place to work! Stay away from the Food and Nutrition Dept.
Nutrition Services/Host (Former Employee), SebringSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: hr really knows how to turn their heads the other way!
Cons: stay away if you value your own happiness in life, management stinks all the way to hr not listening.
Morison runs the kitchens and they make sure you are run in the ground without proper help. HR with the Hospital, real easy fix, send your next new hire in with a camera and see all the health and safety violations they break. Better yet, have HR spend a day there without notice. You'd be shocked to see how the employees were treated.

Oh yeah, HR: – more... Take your scripted words like "Perception" and "How people perceive you" and relate that to 'You are not listening to me tell you something is wrong."

Then the Morison manager gets fired. Way to listen HR great job, now go through the lunch line with your fake smiles and close your eyes some more. – less
Marketing Actions represent the brand of the Hospital
Marketing Intern, Fall (Former Employee), Celebration, FLSeptember 18, 2014
too many approval processes
not everyone is on the same track
great team
great management
Generally good place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
Improved customer service skills.
Worked well with management.
Great Corporate Environment
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FloridaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: large corporation
I work with a great team. As a group we are responsible for the staffing and financial guidance of 28 physicians. It is a fast passed position and we make the decisions and rely on each other.
Florida Hospital Orlando CICU/MICU
CICU RN (Current Employee), Orlando FLoridaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: cafateria discount
Cons: hard to take a break, lunch, go to the bathroom, no tech help
typical CICU shifts, patient load 2 to 1 most of the time but no tech assistance and very heavy patient load. Co workers help where they can. Management not so much.

Cardiac doctors and Inten. MD are awesome and easy to work with. ARNP and PA also. Very knowledgeable and helpful with staff.

Very difficulty to give total good care to 2 patient when – more... families are allowed in 24/7 Most families let you do your job but everyone know all it takes is that one family to throw your whole day off. HCAP scores now rule so family, friends and patients now rule what and how you do your job.

Mix of cardiac and general ICU patients.

Lots of mandatory education every quarter with no time to do at work. – less
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees
Unspecified (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, competitive pay
Cons: long hours, high expectations when off of work, contantly connected
This organization really takes care of the employees, they have a faith based direction and it is refreshing to be able to pray before meetings in the workplace.
Absolutely the Best
LPN (Former Employee), Lake Placid, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Great working environment, great benefits and remember it with love.
GOOD PLACE ,
Retired (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: people are great
Cons: changes hand an ceo a lot
A HOSPITAL THAT LETS YOU TALK ABOUT GOD! AND HAS TOWN HALL MEETINGS SO YOU CAN VOICE YOUR THOUGHTS
Nice place to work
Support Agent- Management Information Systems (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: nice benifits, good employee incentives, caring managers.
Cons: hard to advance or transfer depts.
Nice please to work, good christian people. They look out for the well being of their employees.
My Goal
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLAugust 24, 2014
Ive learned alot. working there helped me to become a nurse today and aide me into becoming an Oncology Nurse as my goal
love my job
Surgical Technology Extern (500Hrs.) (Former Employee), Tavares, FLAugust 24, 2014
my job is very rewarding the hospital is very large and the surgical room are always full
Very large, growing hospital with state of the art care.
Coordinator/Lead and Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: moral boosting activities, tech aids
Cons: schedule often fell behind
Florida Hospital offers care and procedures that are nationally renowned. Top notch doctors in every field. The hospital is growing constantly offering many opportunities for employment. A typical day at work is a fast non-stop pace. My coworkers are all very hard working and dedicated professionals. The hardest part of the job is maintaining an acceptable – more... turn around time due to the heavy workload. The management maintains good communication with the team with frequent email updates and meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a hospital that is constantly growing and introducing new technology and surgical intervention. – less
Best hospital in Central Florida
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2014
A great hospital to work for. Everyone shares the same passion for helping people and caring for patients.
ok hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at florida hospital. But from a nursing perspective it is difficult to work as a bedside nurse due to patient acuity and hospital politics. But what hospital isn't like that.
Nice place to work,but I am looking for a change
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLAugust 14, 2014
I met new people among patients and coworkers. I learned new things that are slightly different to what I use to do in my country where I was a nurse. The hardest part is when I had to be cancelled .
Excellent organization with a good mission.
RN Case Manager - Care Management (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
Enjoyed working here at Florida Hospital.
Excellent work environment.
Good pay and healthcare benefit.
Excellent learning and working environment.
Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLAugust 11, 2014
Strong management that allowed students on clinical rotation to reenforce classroom learning while providing the opportunities to get required competencies for ARRT registration.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos