Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Awesome
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaMay 23, 2015
Awesome place to work, a lot of area for growth and learning. Work place promotes a balance with personal life and has great benefits.
Positive place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Sometimes you have to park far from entrance.
Employee's work as a team to get the job done. Employee's are given the tools to help patients feel comfortable and safe when visiting the hospital.
good ace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
hands down this is an good place to get started in the food service i dstry. Also a good place to worK.I serve doctors,nurses,and also patients,ive learned alopon working there.
love the christian enviornment
ICU Nurse, Assistant Nurse manager (Current Employee), Florida hospital kissimmeeMay 18, 2015
Pros: christian enviornment
Cons: health care demands
Very busy atmosphere. I have learned much in my years and continue to grow as a leader. It is a pleasure to assist out patients and their families to have an excellent patient experience while in our care and extending the healing ministry of Christ.
Great working for Florida Hospital
Judge Dancing Under The Stars (Former Employee), St. PetersburgMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great events; they care about their customers.
Cons: We didnt have a hardwood or smooth surface to do the dancing.
This is an event where I taught dance to women who had recently had issues with their health and were continuing to try to get healthy. I taught dance and helped them recognize their inner beauty in the process! I learned, that at any level, a student can discover that they are allowed to like themselves and that trying is a good thing! The management of Florida Hospital are true professionals. The hardest part of my job is leaving the ladies! The most enjoyable part is seeing someone who refuses to try due to fear blossom and dance right before my eyes.
Excellent place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Orange City, FloridaMay 15, 2015
This is a very friendly environment to work in. The staff and management teams are very professional, knowledgeable and supportive.
Fast ever changing fun workplace
MIS Field Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: health benefits, free flu shots, discounted caffeteria food
Cons: there were injured and hurt people everywhere
I would come into work 20 minutes early to take a look at my ticket/work load of the day to get a feel of how my day is going to be, then I would call the customers of the tickets and let them know when I would be coming there direction to help them with there issue. (getting to higher priority customers sooner). My managers were excellent and understanding of quite a bit and were very helpful in most occasions. The hardest part of my Job is letting a customer know that I did not have the parts they needed in stock and that they would have to wait until they come in. the most enjoyable part of the Job was seeing the joy on some ones face when I was able to help them with their IT needs.
Great Opportunity
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2015
This is a great company to work and grow with. This opportunity that they provided to me, gave me the first steps to a new future.
Worst HHC agency in the area
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), FlaglerMay 11, 2015
When you have 4/5 nurses quit because of management in a span of 2 months, the problem isn't likely your seasoned nurses! Keep doin what your doin!
Great experience and would highly recommend.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great place to work.
Cons: No cons.
Very large healthcare system. There were a lot of very good experiences there working in Cardiac and multi-system ICU's. I also worked 5 other campuses for the health system in ICU and ER.
Typical Corporate Company
Emergency Room Admissions (Former Employee), Orange City, FLMay 7, 2015
While they attempt to promote a Christ-like feeling, they do not push this towards their staff. Management does not offer much solution to internal problems, and they have a high turn over rate.
very family concerned environment
Financial Representative (Current Employee), zephryhills floridaMay 7, 2015
Pros: always celebrated birthdays always eating
Cons: na
the supervisor and director was always there for you, they had an open door policy. my day would be to go in and work your work list and never were there anyone with pressure over you. I love the work place.
Hostess
Patient Service Attendant (Current Employee), Celebration, FLMay 5, 2015
Responsible for providing world class patient meal services by presenting “Spoken Menu” and anticipating patient needs. Also by assuring outstanding quality, service, cleanliness and sanitation in the preparation of trays, distribution and retrieval of meals and nourishment to our patients; to provide hotel quality service. To keep Cbord system updated according to order communication received from nursing units. Works closely with Chef Manager and Patient Meal Service Supervisor to maintain quality of service and notify of any unusual issues, problems or questions. Surveys patients and is pro-active to input and outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Very happy!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2015
I've worked here for over 8 years. I would recommend them. I am applying for ARNP jobs here. Hours are good. Communication with upper management is positive.
Poor
Regulatory Specialist / Patient Experience (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: weekends and holidays off
Cons: Three different directors in 1 year.
The Director was always in crisis mode. Large turnover in all staff. I enjoyed educating the staff when new policies or procedures needed to be implemented.
Great Opportunities
Patient Access-Emergency Department (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Monthly Meetings
Cons: Overnight shifts
I loved working with Patient Access in the Emergency Department. My fellow team and my management was one of a kind. I wish I didn't have to move. The ability to touch the lives of Patients while extending the healing ministry of Christ was truly life changing. The hardest part of this job was seeing the emotional and physical pain caused by trauma.
I like the health Promotion
Cancer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Altamonte Spring, FlApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good organization to work for
Cons: Too many management layers
Everyone greets you in the morning. I learned to coordinate patient care and the ability to schedule patient thought out the day. Management listen to the need of employee. Flexible scheduling. Camaraderie of everyone
Great place to work if you are into brown nosing.
Registration Rep (Current Employee), orlando flApril 22, 2015
Pros: payroll deduct
Helping patients in financial aspect. I learned a lot about insurance carriers and policies. Good information to have in the medical workforce. Management is great if you are into brown nosing. Its all about who you know to climb the ranks. Don't count on your hard work alone to pay off. Lots of favoritism. Very spiteful if you try to leave the dept.. Other than that, I love my co workers and patients. They are the reason I come to work everyday.
Productive and inviting place to work
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 21, 2015
Pros: Respectful and fun environment
Cons: Long work hours
A typical day in the Office of Research Administration allowed me to interact with hospital staff in the disciplines of Research; contact Pharmaceutical companies to negotiate our research contract terms; electronically organize and enter in data relating to the research process; and interact with ORA staff (i.e. meetings, fun events, work-related discussions, planning, brainstorming ideas, luncheons, and other daily tasks). Management at FH is one of the highest levels of professionalism I've ever experienced. Management also enjoy planning educational growth for their employees as well as fun events to celebrate their accomplishments (departments & hospital wide). Co-workers at FH are encouraged and expected to be team players and to utilize their opportunities to seek improvements for their departments as well as enter 'hospital suggestions' for improvements. The hardest part of my job was changing our electronic process to use a different dedicated data base program. The most enjoyable was hearing the accounts from Physicians & staff that another research drug improved or saved the lives of patients who otherwise would have had a different outcome. The environment at FH is elegant, serene, and beautiful! I learned that I can enjoy my job and daily environment!
Productive work environment
Internship (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 20, 2015
It was fun working with others and working with patients with behavioral health challenges was very rewarding, as this feeling of accomplishment is immeasurable. I enjoyed the people whom I worked with, and looked forward to going to work every day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Salaries

$9.11 per hour
Registered Nurse
$31.00 per hour

Florida Hospital Photos

It was a fun place to work.
Great team work.
BFMC Laboratory when it was a fun place to work with all the good old techs !