Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere to work in and great team to be a part of
Neuro Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2016
The Radiology department is a fast moving department with many team members involved in creating a fun, dynamic work atmosphere that gets the job done well. The team is constantly helping one another and management is always there to help processes become better and more efficient.
Very flexible job that provides me with a lot of responsibility to advance my skills
Gift Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2016
This job is very beneficial to me. I'm able to freely run the gift shop and perform duties that a manager would do, like close the shop and fill out the necessary paperwork (count cash, figure out gross sales of that day, etc.). It's given me experience in merchandise buying, customer sales, and even keying in inventory.
Pros
Interaction with patients, families and employees, Convenient location, Experience with managing volunteers
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great place to grow.
Discharge call manager RN/ relief charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2017
FHT was a great place to learn and climb up the corporate ladder. If you are a new nurse, I would recommend FHT to all nursing staff. It was a supportive place to learn the safe, efficient and effective way to become a RN.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
overworked
One of the best employers I've ever worked at.
Patient Access Representative/Campus Educator (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 20, 2016
I had an awesome team when I left Altamonte which was the hardest thing to have to move away, but our team of 5 worked really well together. We all pitched in where we needed extra help and we would all hop on it quickly when we would have a bunch of patients come in. On average a typical day would be registration of about 30-40 patients a day under 8 minutes each. I would help out my tech's and laboratory with system issues and train new employees. The hardest part of the job is finding out my patients are not having good results with their patient care and I would say the most enjoyable part of my job would be putting patients at ease and put a smile on their face.
Pros
quarterly town halls which food was awesome, prizes to win and always fun
Very busy Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Very busy all day,I learned a lot by working in a inpatient pharmacy,from preparing compounds to preparing IVS,injectable antibiotics and delivering medications to the nurse station,I loved to work in this hospital and I enjoyed the time I worked with them.
Front Office Assistant at Orlando Florida Hospital
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Front Office Assistant at Orlando Florida Hospital. Pleasant and professional environment, Working at the front office I had the opportunity to assist patients and co workers with daily activities. At the Orlando location.
Good Benefits
Interventional Radiology RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Good Benefits and HR is very helpful. I feel they should increase hourly wages. Emergency Dept is always busy, good learning experience. Nurse to Patient ratio on most units is 4:1, I feel this is too high for the level of acuity.
Benefits
Cons
Wages, Nurse to Pt ratio
A Typical Work Day
Apopka, Health Unit Coordinator, PCU (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 3, 2017
A typical work day for me is that I'm always busy even on the slowest days. There is always something to be done. It makes it even better when you work with great people.
Pros
Being able to communicate and speak up when something isnt right.
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome team in Emergency Dept.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 6, 2016
Every day is different. Collect lab specimen for patients, assess each patient, perform CPR when needed, and stock rooms with appropriate equipment. Management is great, always there for employees. The staff is very easy going and positive. Sometimes this job has a lot of volume and it is hard to manage the demands of all the staff. The management treats you very well. I can always guarantee the co-workers have my back.
Pros
Lunches provide frequently, positive environment.
Cons
Very high volume
Great culture for healing and growth
Infusion Central Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 6, 2016
I have been with the organization for over 10 years and it would be bittersweet if I accept a role outside of the company. The organization allows a forum for employees to find balance between their professional and personal lives. I recommend the company highly.
Pros
Power of Prayer for healing, and great leadership.
Cons
In the transition of many changes in the realm of Healthcare. Overwhelming at times.
Great company
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2016
It's a great company to work for everyone's lovely here. The benefits are ideal but the hardest part is the long hours, it's understandable for doctors and nurses to have long hours but for food services it's not the best situation and you're on your feet you walk 15 miles a day for 12 hours said it's rough.
Advancing the helaing Ministry of Christ is just a slogan, believe me,
non-clerical (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2016
-Orientation days are just to create an illusion that this institution has something to do with Jesus or healing. A bad joke.

-Management is abusive and overreach is a routine, team leaders are a joke, don't even speak basic English and have no logistics or whatsoever.

-Management fight over 1-2 mins late after brake but request for us to come on Sunday with no further advance(as if we have no family or plans). In other words, its all about them and the heck with workers.

-We work under stress, when this supposed to be a stress-free environment, what a joke.
Pros
A job, and a paycheck every 2 weeks.
Cons
Just read my comments and add 10 more.
Family-oriented environment
Simulation Lab Intern, Stakeholder Interviewer (Former Employee) –  East OrlandoDecember 29, 2016
Treats interns very well. For example, meal tickets are provided to interns and other nice perks as well. In addition, allow interns the opportunity to participate in a process improvement project to enhance their skills.
Non-medical staff treatment
Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I experienced the treatment of non-medical staff to be very lacking. As an HUC/MT, you are basically tied to the monitors and when trying to get relieved for a bathroom break or lunch/dinner break was a big joke for medical staff and management, Very often, the joke of the HUC/MT was that they needed a "catheter" so they wouldn't need to be relived for restroom breaks. NOT professional or conciderate.
Pros
3-4 day workweek
Cons
break coverage and not being taken seriously as a key staff member.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 29, 2016
1St class organization, very good place to work and grow. Excellent working conditions and opportunity for growth. Wonderful staff and management that works with every individual and creates a family atmosphere with great professional working conditions.
great place to work, everyone helps everyone for best interest of the patients
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Overall great place to work, great benefits, room for opportunity advancement. I have learned a lot. 12hr shift 3days a week
Pros
great team, learning environment, room for growth, willing to train
Cons
long hrs.
Productivity
Pre-Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FL 32751September 27, 2016
My work day consist of opening up all my work fields,
sorting my list,
sorting my number for the list,
calling my list,
gathering precertification for my list,
completing my retro accounts,
completing my emails,
completing my faxes,
sending my faxed,
requesting clinical for continued stay,
ect..
Pros
i get to listen to music to make the time go bye
Cons
not enough time in a day to all my task completed in a days work
Love my co-workers and Dr's
CT Technician / X-ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work, management is great and staff is great to work with. Can be stressful at times but worth it to save patients.
Pros
ok pay not the best, friendly co-workers, great CT equipment
Cons
benefits seem expensive for a hospital
Great Place To Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2017
A great Place to learn and Grow.Really enjopy being a part of the team. I would trust them with my life . The supervisors treat you like family. No problem is too big big or too small. I have learned so many new skills since employed.
love my job
Material Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2016
As the depts person with the most seniority. I had a schedule that was given to me. A new director came in and now wants to change things. I am a devout christian and a faith based hospital. I pleaded with them to give me Sundays off . I had the schedule I was ok with . The change is making me choose between this current job and my faith.
Pros
love patient, relationships
Cons
Sunday work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2