Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company to work for
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
Nothing but GREAT things to say about Florida Hospital! A great place to gain knowledge and experience. Florida Hospital is outstanding at providing exceptional customer service.
Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold food
Nutritional Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 6, 2015
Food preparation workers perform many routine tasks under the direction of cooks, chefs, or food service managers. Food preparation workers prepare cold foods, slice meat, peel and cut vegetables, brew coffee or tea, and perform many other food service tasks. Duties Food preparation workers typically do the following: * Clean and sanitize work areas, and equipment. Other common duties include keeping salad bars and buffet tables stocked and clean. Those who work at hotels or restaurants often use soda machines, coffeemakers, and espresso machines to prepare beverages for customers. In fast-food restaurants, food preparation workers may take customer orders and process payments with the use of cash registers. In some kitchens, food preparation workers use a variety of commercial kitchen equipment, such as commercial dishwashers, blenders, slicers, or grinders.
Pros
Family, Team work, fun place to work
Cons
not enough staff when need, not enough food choices
Work environment
Outpatient Laboratory Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2015
It is a great place for patient's to receive care. It is my favorite place when being a patient. The hospital is organized and always clean.
Pros
Excellent patient experience
Cons
Not very good behavior toward employees
Helping sick people is enjoyable for me
Medical Record Clerk as Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 4, 2015
It is a volunteer work and I like to help people. It gives me pleasure.
Every one greets with a smile, a sense of hope and happiness.
great place to work; just no advancement
therapist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 4, 2015
It was a great place to be a therapist and advance my skills. great location near the beach. only problem was that you work hard to get a quarter raise every year. management listens well to employees but in the end it comes down to productivity.
Cons
short lunches
Fast pace place of work
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 31, 2015
Monitoring patient vitals per unit protocol
Monitoring patient blood sugar levels per unit protocol
Assist patients with activities of daily living
Altamonte Security is a joke
Security Officer/ Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 27, 2015
This job was once a great place to work. They trusted that we as adults could handle daily tasks on our own. We worked 8 hour work days. In that one 8hr day you handled many different tasks. However within the last year and half the the whole security department has gone through an over haul. Instead being able to do your job by yourself they micro manage everything you do. They have turned the department into a mini police force on security guard wages. The best part of working for the hospital are the people you meet and bond you create them. BECAREFUL if you do not now how to play politics then this place is not for you.
Pros
The people who you work with . Certain people were great coworkers and would help you out in a pinch
Cons
Read my above review to see the cons.
High complex tests for patients with bleeding or thrombosis issues
Clinical Scientist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2015
I work on a weekly rotations schedule. I have learned a lot about patients with bleeding or thrombosis problems during those 14 years I have been working for the lab. Work with a wonderful hard workers and knowledgeable team. Ready for new challenges and new things to learn.
Pros
Very flexible schedule since is non hourly
N/A
NucMed Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florida Hospital SouthOctober 25, 2015
Great place to work. Has a great environment and great co-workes as well. I also, love the spiritual aspect and how patients are treated.
Interesting and good overall learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2015
Good place to learn how to develop interpersonal, organizational, and overall skillset. Interaction with the other members of the office was a delight. Tasks involved a lot of sorting after memorizing the different locations in the hospital it became easy to maneuver through the tasks at hand. There weren't too many tasks but they were given in large quantities. I enjoyed the work which often tested my time management abilities and work ethnic.
Pros
lunch options
Cons
short hours
Learned and grew a lot at my current position.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  KissimmeeOctober 22, 2015
Every day is a new day full of learning opportunities for me. I enjoy working with different team members and different departments on vital projects and areas that need improvement. Our staff is short most of the time, but the majority of our team pulls the team together and gets all the work done in a timely manner.
Pros
Growth opportunities, teamwork
Cons
short staffed
Productive Workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2015
Semi-supportive management, not the easiest place to work as many of the employees have the mindset of "just a job" and not "patient care".
Office Manager and Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, floridaOctober 21, 2015
This was the greatest experience of my life. I worked for 16 years in the administrative area. I was able to meet people from all walks of life that had a great love for the health industry
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Lack of incentitives
Great place to work!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLOctober 17, 2015
Great place to work thanks to a department manager!
RN job on PCU/ICU stepdown is always pretty hard and very fast paced, but when the manager and charge nurses are the best in the world it make your job enjoyable!
data entry receiving of lab specimens customer service
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orlando flOctober 17, 2015
challenging day by day, data entry, attention to detail, answering phone line, calling in stat status, drawing blood, labeling specimens, keeping track of all calls and fax requests
Interesting work environment with smart colleagues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  AltamonteOctober 13, 2015
Really interesting work in most areas (very little dull routine). Outstanding opportunity to work with experienced people. General helpfulness of colleagues is almost uniformly present across all shifts. Very intense focus on therapeutic communication with patients. Lots of opportunity to become excel in my career.
Pros
Helpful colleagues, benefits and incentives, education
Cons
intensive and overload
Productive and nice place to work
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLOctober 11, 2015
Everybody in my department was nice and team player, my manager was a very fun person that always brought happiness and incentives to the team. I loved to work with them.
Pros
Nice enviroment, the pleople is very nice and friendly. I loved to go to work everyday.
Cons
Long shifts and too much contamination.
Great establishment
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2015
Awesome place to work. The company is doing a lot of growth. Not as easy to progress because all the upper managements jobs are already taken. But it is a great place to get experience. IF there is any where you can get experience, it will be Florida Hospital. They have a hard time retaining people after the experience is gained, due to this generation wanting to make the best of themselves and get all the money they can.
Pros
Awesome establishment.
Cons
Short breaks.
Florida Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2015
I love working for Florida Hospital. The company has great training programs for new nurses to make sure they are prepared to work on the floor and comfortable.
Christ Centered Hospital
PA Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2015
Excellent character is crucial for support when relating to department management & in employee relationships. High emphasis on honesty, communication, and quality performance. Especially enjoyed the ability to share faith openly and use my gifts and talents in a voluntary community outreach leadership role . Hard work & ability to be flexible, organized, and a critical thinker are musts. Online and internal applications, report completion and calls to insurance providers all part of the position. Primarily computer work.
Great to be able to find best friends at work that support & cherish one another.
Pros
Wonderful personal relationship building
Cons
Eliminated Telecommute position or I would still be happily employed there.