Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Best place to work.
Rapid Response Nurse (Current Employee) –  ALtamonte Spring, FloridaJanuary 8, 2018
Cristian atmosphere and excellence everywhere! I have work for this hospital for 27 years. The nurses are great and very compassionate. The administration is very supportive of nurses. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Pros
has lots to oofer to employees
Investigational Drugs
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Doing good work and learning a lot. So far so good. Relaxed environment with many different opportunities to learn something new and be apart and do.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
still waiting to see
A great place to work!
Nutritional Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Florida Hospital has a mission to "extend the healing ministry of Christ." They carry out their mission. It is a place where you feel very supported and they believe in work/life balance.
Only employer as nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Hospital growing fast, a lot of new faces. Emphasize on unit education. There is a lot of potential for growth. Large population of nusing staff continuing to get their Nurse Practitioner
Great place. To work
ICU RN Clinical Staffing Resource (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2018
People are nice to work with, fair assignments . Rotating weekends. Excellent benefits, can work overtime on any unit with manager approval. Float pool was fun
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Make yourself take a break
Expected More
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I worked there while going to their college to finish my health care degree. When I was done they told me they had no placement for me in the company, but a lot of my classmates got hired. We had priority because we study there, but instead they hired from outside sources.
The Hospital has got way too big to be covered by the lab.
The Lab has not been remodeled or expanded to cover the needs of a hospital that went from 1000 beds to 2000 beds in a matter of a few years. The employees are under paid and under a lot of pressure, cause the load of work has grown too much but the machines and the staff in the lab has not in years.
There is not much opportunities for professional growth or placement.
Pros
Benefits are competitive
Cons
Twice workload, under paid and under staffed
Good company
Ancillary Senior Registration & Coding (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 3, 2018
This is a good company to work for and grow within. If you are looking for the health care field this could be the place for you. You also receive great benefits when you become a full time employee.
Productive and Fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Every morning we have a daily energizer where we catch up on hot topics throughout the hospital. I enjoy my job very much, but the upper management has a hard time hearing the word 'No'. This in turn causes us to have to run around the hospital to ensure that all of their needs are desires are met.
Exciting place to work
Administrative Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2017
Florida Hospital has so much going on with research and innovation. Great work relationships, great mission. Narrow culture due to religious aspects. Unfair promotions and cliquey establishment.

Liked working there but disenchanted with the top administration echelon.
Pros
Innovative and fast paced
Cons
top administration
Educational, productive, great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2017
I am grateful to have worked at such a great hospital as Florida Hospital South, I have taken that experience with me through my whole career. I cant be thankful enough.
Challenging and professional
Respiratory Therapist, Team lead (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLDecember 28, 2017
Lots of work with a good payoff.
Superior Manager
Friendly staff
Respiratory driven with Doctors that listen to ask for your opinion
Family feeling type of environment
stressful but rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLDecember 28, 2017
As a new nurse working on PCU had its times when it was very overwhelming. Luckily my coworkers treated me like family and we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was we were very short staffed and the hours of work (nightshift).
Lack of training when handed an assignment that you've not done before
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2017
Management if poor in my current position. Being a Christian Hospital they don't act like it nor do the mentor you to move up, almost a high school environment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Nice place to work
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2017
People are friendly , management has employees back. Hardest part of my job is driving to work in the traffic. I do enjoy working on the computer every day.
Cons
Lunches have limited choices
good learning eviornment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLDecember 24, 2017
Super stressful at times, benefits and compensation were not the best in the state but it was a good environment for learning. Equipment and supplies were sometimes not available.
OK company but you will be stretched thin due to budget cuts galore
Recruiter I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2017
Ok company to work for good culture they really practice what they preach. Work ends and it ends at that time. good to have a work life balance. They promote healthy eating and being active. but you will be over worked and underpaid.
Pros
Health and body centric
Cons
budget cuts galore.
Cant have a regular life outside of it
Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 22, 2017
Very hard to advance there, feels like your not human, management is poor, very demanding under paid for the work you do. In housekeeping you will be very confused about who is really the boss.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very short breaks
Learned a lot
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2017
8-12 patients, some post surgical who needed total care, which made it difficult to manage time.
Very busy unit , training was good, management had daily staff meetings.
Pros
education
Cons
sometimes short staffed
It was the best work experience I ever had
Volunteer at Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 20, 2017
The staff was amazing and I loved how everybody worked together as one whole unit. Everyone was able to effectively work individually if was needed. I would recommend working in the Florida hospital to anybody!
good place to work
Patient Financial Services/Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 19, 2017
wonderful environment...greate people to be around. Cafe sucks and the food is over priced. Parking is terrible and takes forever for the shuttle to come

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.