Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at Florida Hospital was a balanced and relaxed environment. I was able to learn several trades and management was wery fair. The work place culture was very professional
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
no cons
Would not work for Florida Hospital Again
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2017
The Management is not Hands on. They leave you to fend for yourself and will not look out nor defend their Employee when something goes wrong. ********
wonderful
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2017
i loved this company ! it was a great place to work at , i miss working for them ! very spiritual and heart warming . they are truly amazing people that work there.
Great coworkers
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2017
I love my coworkers but management has a lot of pressure to cut costs. It's all about budget and saving money. Nurses have five patients on a PCU floor.
Fast paced, extremely stressful
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2017
30 minute lunch break only, no morning or afternoon breaks allowed, and often run out of necessary supplies and tools. Definite communication breakdown of pertinent information.
Florida Hospital educational services are excellent.
Management is often manipulative and not completely trustworthy (my personal experience).
Co-workers are great. Great diversity.
Not enough staff to handle the very heavy workload.
Great satisfaction in improving the health and quality of life of the patients.
There are occasional friendly competitions between departments; however, management does not follow through with providing the prizes to winning department.
Pros
Excellant educational services
Cons
No breaks, failure to provide necessary supplies and tools, communication breakdown
Watch out
Mid level clinician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
I have left several reviews and none have made it to this board. So when you see all those great reviews be wary as they don't reflect the true nature of Florida Hospital Orlando. I'll bet myself this one does not make it either.
Wonderful company
Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2017
Hardest part of the job was not being able to offer patients certain things due to budget issues. Everyone worked well as a team to provide the best possible patient outcomes.
Very happy
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 21, 2017
I was very happy to work at Florida Hospital. I love the training they provided to employees. Many of the people that I encounter at work were very nice and polite.
i enjoyed working here
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeJuly 21, 2017
I started here as a temp from Medical Staffing and enjoyed all the experience and skills I learned for the time I was there. I would really like to find another job setting with the pace of this hospital. my bass was always there to help and keep her employees motivated
Ok
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 18, 2017
I love atmosphere , coworkers, and patients, but don't expect to support yourself on this income alone. Great job for college students who still live at home.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Very low compensation
Excellent place to work with good management.
Unit Secretary / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
This was an excellent place to work. It had good management and allowed employees to advance to more challenging positions. I really enjoyed working there.
ER/Outpatient Coordinator
Registration & Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 17, 2017
Completed and scheduled 36 employees in all three shifts, payroll, day end claims processed and push through to billing, cash & balance at the end of each day..

Over seen all staff for ER/Outpatient access dept.
enjoyed working there
Office Coordinator in Wound Care Clinic- Greet (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 17, 2017
I worked for the Wound care center for several years, Florida hospital is where we started but the office was small and we needed to expand; so, we moved under FMC
Difficult place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Florida Hospital has a motto of caring for the patients, but they do not care for the employee. They do all they can to make the departments work understaffed yet wanting first class treatment for their patients.
The management and CEO have forgotten they were once the little people and have no respect for their employees.
The best part of the day was talking to patients and listening
to what their needs were and to help obtain them. But that was
difficult as we were under the numbers game.
I worked very closely with Centra Care and the Cancer Center at the hospital and had a great working relationship with them.
I have learned that I must respect our patients and continue to do my very best to serve them.
Pros
i didnt find any
Cons
It is a nice place to work.
Lead HIM/ Data Imaging Department (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 14, 2017
The employer provide all the necessary tools for advancement and learning. They support education. Management team is great. They are always there for their employees.
a small and friendly hospital
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2017
we did cart filling ,IV's and odder entry, also Pyxis filling and that was my favorite thing to do ! I also learned to do TPN's. I enjoyed working with my coworkers we were a small Pharmacy and got along GREAT!
Pros
small pharmacy
Still makes me re-evaluate my nursing career.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
Working as a nurse for two years, my most vibrant memory of this place is when the hospital was at 115% capacity and continuing to admit patients. I worked on a cardiac unit that had non-cardiac patients in "rooms" that consisted of beds in our hallway. They had a small divider for "privacy", a communal restroom (even for patients on isolation), and no working suction or oxygen. God knows what would have happened if we had a code for a hallway patient. Nurses were an afterthought as patient load was increased without an increase in staffing. And they wonder why our HCAHPS scores are so low? Nurses expected to provide world-class service with bare-minimum resources. Upper management only stopped placing patients in our hallways after a patient went to the local newspaper detailing his hospital stay and rightfully subjecting the hospital to bad publicity. Outstanding unit management did everything they could, and was one of the few reasons I genuinely loved to work there. However, an apathetic upper management with no regard for the work force of the hospital is not a sustainable business model.
Pros
Learning hospital, excellent as a first job for new nurses.
Cons
One of the things you learn is that you are wasting your time at a sub-par hospital
Good place
Sure (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
good place to work and learn Ortho. I have had a great time working with the experienced OR team here in Orlando Florida as a traveler and plan to return one day in the future!
Productive place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
Overall It's A Good Place To Work For. Decent pay for the amount of work that's is required, staff are ok. Your daily task may vary day to day. Recommend working nights
Pros
Night shift pays more
Cons
Over looked
Great company, management needs to listen more
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
Great teamwork, management needs to be more open and listen to their colleagues
Benefits are reasonable
If you are out there is not a good coverage system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2