Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive day!
Housekeeper II (Current Employee), Sebring, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: being able to commuicate with other patients, teamwork
Cons: wage of pay
Usually everyone arrives early in the morning to gather new information or simply if everyone is alright, then a short prayer.
Given our assignments of room services and other services needed on the floor we are currently assigned.
Hardest part of my job is how we are always short of staff got to do a lot of the extra work even on the busy season. Sometimes it can be how sometimes we has housekeepers are treat it makes it hard on everyone.
I feel like the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and gain more knowledge on what this job provides. Learning new techniques on how things are done or handled.
Co-worker well that part is rather easy for I find everyone like family and how we all try to help each other in finishing our duties throughout the day, sometimes it helps most of us.
In this department I've learned rather a lot of information on chemicals, HIPPA, patient interaction. I went through fire training along with Bio-hazard and linen training. Even today I am learning new information through my working experience.
fantastic hospital to work for
Community Partnership Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Great friendly and positive environment. Love the people I work with . very genuine and down to earth. Learn new things every day. Great to be a part of such a great culture and company.
unacceptable performance review
RN PCU Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: inability for a manager to manage and report, a unacceptable performance evaluation on model employee without questions, when reported that she was unable to manage her unit
Unit manager was allowed to provide a unfavorable employee review without question. All when the entire unit had quit and/or transferred out and when it was documented that there was a callout each day prior to my resignation which she revoked and fired me. Also all this occurred when our unit was being ran into the ground and eventually her and her entire management staff were either fired or relocated to other departments due to her inability to manage
The staff were very friendly and a very safety environment.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: the staff were friendly to work with and well defined work responsibilities.
Cons: pay a nd limited upward mobility.
My co-worker were very friendly and helpful. We have a very busy day and a very difficult day. The hardest part of the job is when we are very busy because we have to be very careful in dealing with test result. The very enjoyable part of the job is when everybody is helping each other to get the job done properly and in time.
Productive and Fun work place
CNA/MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Lake Placid, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted patients with getting up and out of bed. Feed who could not feed them selves bathed dressed changed. provided love and care. Took vitals.
A great learning experice in the medical field
Home Health Department (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
• Greeted employees printed copies, sorted, and filled confidential documents, and various office duties
• Set up establishment of intake starter care and discharge packets labeled and attached business cards
productive
Environmental (housekeeping) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Normal days. I learned to have compassion,
working in a team.
The hard part of my job was when the other shift don't doing his
job so I had to work double.
The more enyoyable part was when the patients said thanks.
No Love for the RT
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: no break time, no back up
Should you need a respiratory therapist in a hurry, you may be out of luck. They run with one RT in that place. And no matter how many complaints they get, they don't seen to see the urgency. The Nurse manger is a tyrant, and expects people to cower in her presents, She is also the Respiratory Director. The Minion she has as a manager is nothing less than a yes man. Who puts in his 15 hrs of actual face time in the building, cuts out by noon, then collects a full time paycheck. He does not back his staff, and can not be counted on in times of emergency.
Do you really want to trust your loved ones to overstressed, underpaid, flying by the seat of their pants Healthcare team?
Productive and highly patient, family and staff interative environment.
Staff Nurse in Progressive Care Unit. (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: staff recognition in the form of incentives.
Cons: working for long hours without adequate break time
As a clinical nurse, my typical day is much interaction with patients, their families, and members of the medical, nursing and ancillary professions. Every day, there is opportunity for new learning. This environment is multicultural, therefore there is much to learn from and about various cultures. Despite the hecticity of the work environment, I do enjoy my job, especially the opportunity to interact with my patients and their family members. The hardest part of my job is when the environment becomes very busy, and it is sometimes impossible to meet the patients' needs in a timely matter. Working in a team environment, makes the work load seem lighter and less stressful.
Good learning experience
Per Diem Staff & Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 31, 2015
It's a good learning clinical experience for me. I got the opportunity to participate in clinical consults i.e, glycemic management, anticoagulation management, pharmacokinetics etc.,
Productive and fast pace
Hostess (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Dealing with customers with different attitudes and dealing with problems they might have dealing with their orders. Being able to multi- task when help is needed in another area of the work place.
Awesome workplace they care as much about there employees as they do the patients.
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: can't think of any
Morning meetings filled with lots of enthusiasm and a prayer for all of those in need to get our great day started. I learned a lot about disease control and the spreading of it. And we could not have asked for a better management team they were always doing something to build our enthusiasm we could go to them with anything, we were not judged we were helped! The hardest part of the job was seeing all of the sick and injured people the best part of the job was knowing that everyone there played a part in making them better. the most enjoyable part for me was meeting all the amazing patients and there families and helping to put a smile on there face. And a pat on the back for a job well done was nice too!
Committed educated team player
CST/CFA (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Patient advocate, teaching prospective health care professionals, scrub and assist all surgical specialities, operate surgical equipment. Knowledge with a large variety of surgical products.
OK
Emergency Physician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Florida Hospital has relatively nice facilities (especially at their main location FHO) and is going well financially. I personally can not recommend working there based on my experience but others may feel differently based on who they work for and in what department they work
Caring and fun environment to work in
Ancillary Coder (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: too many pros to name!
Florida Hospital has been such a wonderful place to work. Management cares about you as a person and a professional. My co-workers are supportive and encouraging and never hesitate to jump in and offer help. They are always available to answer a question or lend a hand.

The hardest part is working on a holiday, but that is expected when you work in health care. Illnesses do not care about days off and holidays.
Patient Care
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 12hr shifts= less days off.
Assist w/Bathing as needed, help RN's clean wounds, change bedding, Phlebotomy, blood glucose, pre-op & post-op care for Cardio-Thoracic Surgerys.
Great company to work for!
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: you feel like part of family!
I have worked there for almost 6 months and the people are amazing. I am very happy with this job, I'm not sure yet what the opportunities for growth are, but it seems higher than other hospitals that I've worked for.
Great Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Being part of the team at Florida Hospital was a welcoming experience. It is a very team based organization. Florida Hospital did an incredible job keeping their employees engaged and recognized for all efforts. It was such a pleasure working for this establishment.
Productive and Fun workplace that offers opportunities of growth
Patient Care Tech II/ Unit Liaison (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
My day is patient care throughout the entire day. Making sure the patient is comfortable and their needs and wants are met in a timely manner. My co workers and manager are all easy to get along with and they are very supportive.
Sometimes it felt like no one was listening....
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibilty to work and go to school
Cons: staff not listening to me
I would give them my schedule, but they would never call me when I was available. They would call me only when I couldn't work. I felt like I wasn't being heard. It got frustrating after a while.

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos

It was a fun place to work.
Great team work.
BFMC Laboratory when it was a fun place to work with all the good old techs !