Florida Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

its Florida Hospital
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
the co-workers are fun and the so are the patients. meeting new patients is what i enjoy doing even in different circumstances.
Needs improvement
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
I think that the nursing staff does a great job caring for the patients. I just think improvements need to be made.
Christ Centered Hospital
PA Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2015
Excellent character is crucial for support when relating to department management & in employee relationships. High emphasis on honesty, communication, and quality performance. Especially enjoyed the ability to share faith openly and use my gifts and talents in a voluntary community outreach leadership role . Hard work & ability to be flexible, organized, and a critical thinker are musts. Online and internal applications, report completion and calls to insurance providers all part of the position. Primarily computer work.
Great to be able to find best friends at work that support & cherish one another.
Pros
Wonderful personal relationship building
Cons
Eliminated Telecommute position or I would still be happily employed there.
Encourage employees to success
critical care nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Great co-workers. Always helpful. Always busy and inspiring. Too much emphasis on paperwork. Open door policy in ICU-not healthy and very unsafe.
Pros
Team efforts
Cons
understaffed
clinical Emergency Room setting assisting doctors and nurses.
E.R. Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2015
Performed all manner of job requirements for an Emergency Room setting.
Assisted Doctors and nurses in Triage, Patient care ( EKG, I.V., blood draws, and overall patient needs )
Pros
Workikng with the Doctors and Nurses
Cons
shift scheduling
COOK (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 27, 2016
good food with good people
everyday was a new challenge that we took with pride
great customer service
great desserts
great and new kitchens
Cons
bad they closed operations
great place to work; just no advancement
therapist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 4, 2015
It was a great place to be a therapist and advance my skills. great location near the beach. only problem was that you work hard to get a quarter raise every year. management listens well to employees but in the end it comes down to productivity.
Cons
short lunches
Productive and nice place to work
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLOctober 11, 2015
Everybody in my department was nice and team player, my manager was a very fun person that always brought happiness and incentives to the team. I loved to work with them.
Pros
Nice enviroment, the pleople is very nice and friendly. I loved to go to work everyday.
Cons
Long shifts and too much contamination.
Work ethics are great
RT (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJanuary 13, 2016
People truly what to be a team player, administration is good, the nursing staff are good to work with and the RT to patient ratio is good.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes over worked
I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Words can't describe what I experienced working there. If you would like more information about this hospital, call me.

Want to know more about Florida Hospital?

Ask a question
Decent place to work but needs more communication
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLSeptember 25, 2015
Helped me mature and develop working with patient's families and coworkers. Politics play a big part of what goes on, and they're very by-the-book. Communication needs a lot of work. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I learned a lot
Pros
Cafeteria is nice, people are great
Cons
Not enough communication going on with staff
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Outpatient Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2015
I enjoy working for Florida Hospital for the entire time I've been there. I've grown so much since I've been in the company and appreciate all of my peers and managers for such awesome leadership.
During my short two months their, i fell in love with the environment.
Externship/Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaSeptember 2, 2015
Once i started i didn't think the hospital setting was for me. But i had to give it a shot, and when i did little did i know i loved being there. Every week i did something new, worked with new people; got to experience different attitudes, work skills and organization skills. It's a lot of responsibility but i handle it very well. The hardest part for me was remembering where to go for the rounds.
Pros
Getting the feel for different things
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2015
A typical day was getting orders together and cashing out customers. The management and coworkers were very well organized and productive. The hardest part was seeing families hurt because they have an ill family member. The best part of this job was being able to make customers smile even through the rough situations.
Office Manager and Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, floridaOctober 21, 2015
This was the greatest experience of my life. I worked for 16 years in the administrative area. I was able to meet people from all walks of life that had a great love for the health industry
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Lack of incentitives
Florida Hospital
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 16, 2015
A typical day at Florida Hospital included
learning about facts from the Doctors one on one since i worked in the E.R directly with them everyday
the management in Florida Hospital was amazing, they helped me with any problem i ever had or any questions i ever needed answered
my co-workers in Florida Hospital were great, they were all amazing to work with
the hardest part of the job at Florida Hospital was having to leave there
the most enjoyable part of working at Florida Hospital was being able to work with the Doctors so closely, them taking me in and showing me things they didn't even have to show me, like explaining everything in such detail to me because they knew i wanted to be in the medical field, it made me want to go to work everyday because i knew i was going to learn something knew and i knew that it was going to be exciting.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great work place
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2016
Great work place for anyone. They have great leadership skills. Although somethings were not correct but i really enjoyed working there.
Work environment
Outpatient Laboratory Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2015
It is a great place for patient's to receive care. It is my favorite place when being a patient. The hospital is organized and always clean.
Pros
Excellent patient experience
Cons
Not very good behavior toward employees
Great company to work for
Central transportation/ Patient transporting (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2015
Great company who cares about their employees. Management could be a little more experienced, but my experience overall was pleasant
Fantastic Company to work for
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
Nothing but GREAT things to say about Florida Hospital! A great place to gain knowledge and experience. Florida Hospital is outstanding at providing exceptional customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.