Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

fh
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Management could be much better. Communication is key and it starts with the head of the team. Everyone could work better, if communication plays apart.
Florida Hospital Altamonte
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Enjoyable, friendly work environment. Co-workers were always motivated and happy to be working. Working with the ill this job taught humility above all else.
Amazing organization with the right priorities.
Nurse Tech - 6 main unit (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Great staff, physicians, technology systems. great benefits and education opportunities.
I worked in most of the units floating and the staff was overall very friendly. I was able to get along with everyone including the doctors, cleaning services, and the CEO awesome "BOSS" gentlemen.
I had a good experience as a employee I learned to have highly engaged workforce, and passion for a quality work.
Pros
Fast-Paced, never a boring day doing the same old thing, great learning experience in the right departments.
Cons
Career progression, long hours, inprocessing
Strong Values
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Working at Florida Hospital has shown me their strong values in what they do and how they treat each and every patient. I am proud to be an employee with this organization.
Ok
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Poor hours, compensation and workload. There is job security. Work environment ranges from content to unsettled. Definitely entry level work.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Early hours, low pay
Front Office Assistant at Orlando Florida Hospital
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Front Office Assistant at Orlando Florida Hospital. Pleasant and professional environment, Working at the front office I had the opportunity to assist patients and co workers with daily activities. At the Orlando location.
great place to work, everyone helps everyone for best interest of the patients
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Overall great place to work, great benefits, room for opportunity advancement. I have learned a lot. 12hr shift 3days a week
Pros
great team, learning environment, room for growth, willing to train
Cons
long hrs.
It's rewarding to care for patients
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2017
The typical day or night begins with informational huddle, med pass, charting, sepsis and nursing diagnosis that have to be charted within 4 hours of the shift. Not to mention hourly rounding, coordinating care for pt. doctor's calls and treatments to provide. It is very important to work on a timeline to stay on track in order to complete tasks by the end of shift. The hardest part of the job as a new nurse is completing all tasks in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is gratitude the patient shows for helping them feel better or take care of their needs. The floor I was on had great teamwork which is important especially important when your new.
Pros
Meal discounts in cafeteria, free parking with shuttle service, good teamwork on most floors, coworkers show concern for your work progress, christian faith based environment
Cons
short breaks, expectations to meet job requirements in the amount of time provided, job training more time needs to be given on the floor than classroom as a new nurse
Love my co-workers and Dr's
CT Technician / X-ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work, management is great and staff is great to work with. Can be stressful at times but worth it to save patients.
Pros
ok pay not the best, friendly co-workers, great CT equipment
Cons
benefits seem expensive for a hospital
productive place to work
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 16, 2017
good place to work, 40 hours or more a week,
management needs works they dont care about you, they will listen to your complain and they will tell the whole department your personals issues
Pros
free lunches
Cons
everything else
Productive and interesting workplace
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinical Lab TechnicianJanuary 9, 2017
Come in stock my cart with all supplies needed in order to conduct morning runs throughout the hospital. Log and receive all blood specimens and process
Pros
caring for patients in need
Cons
losing a patient
very friendly enviroment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2017
i work mainly by myself
management is good and are willing to help as much as possible
the most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with my patients
Fun place to work you are able to move up they are willing to train and pay for training.
Anesthesia Tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2017
If you move to a different city you can just transfer to the hospital closest to you. You can change positions within the company which is great! I started as one thing then another and now I'm an Anesthesia Tech in the operating room!
Pros
They work with you and your schedule
Cons
New management is awful in certain departments, like anesthesia, I've never had a bad manager in all my years of working in the healthcare field.
good first job
RN-BSN/Med-Tele Unit (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed the hospital overall. The staff and administration were great. The hours were tough on my family life which is the only reason for leaving.
A great crew
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 31, 2016
I love the crew that i worked with them knowing i was younger then them an unexperienced didnt stop them from treating me as their equal. The environment even though a hospital feels lively. I loved it
Florida Hospital
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2016
Great company to work for by far. Excellent benefits and good pay and friendly staff. Team players and Christian environment where can practice your spiritual beliefs
Family-oriented environment
Simulation Lab Intern, Stakeholder Interviewer (Former Employee) –  East OrlandoDecember 29, 2016
Treats interns very well. For example, meal tickets are provided to interns and other nice perks as well. In addition, allow interns the opportunity to participate in a process improvement project to enhance their skills.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 29, 2016
1St class organization, very good place to work and grow. Excellent working conditions and opportunity for growth. Wonderful staff and management that works with every individual and creates a family atmosphere with great professional working conditions.
Excellent hospital to work for that is focus on providing faith based care to all.
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2016
Florida Hospital is committed to providing the community with exemplary care at every opportunity, from preventive medicine, such as health education classes and screenings, to advanced treatment methods to fight incurable diseases at an easily accessible, community based hospital.Integration of the mind, body and spirit in their approach to defeating diseases in the 21st century is central to the manner in which they are restoring health to patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 26, 2016
Management listens to the needs of the staff and intervenes when appropriate. Employees are recognized for great work. The employer allows schedule flexibility.
Pros
employee recognition
Cons
Interrupted breaks and inadequate staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2