Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Job
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 12, 2014
This was a great place to work, it wasn't busy enough for me that I'm used to.
Worked with caring people, but most of us are close to retirement age.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: not enough staff when busy, no breaks, healthcare is expensive
Everyone needs to work as a team, regardless of your position. The younger ones coming in just want to do their job and nothing else.
Great Place to build a career and manage a family
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), OrlandoJune 10, 2014
Pros: family oritented work culture.
Cons: big organization, sometimes slow to make decisions.
Florida Hospital has great work life balance and works hard to have the right tools to do the job for their employees. They do quite a bit of promotion from within and therefore many have the opportunity to grow their careers under one roof. There is quite a bit of job security as well.
Clinical rotation while I was in school
PET/CT head to thigh, PET cardiac (Rb-82) (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 5, 2014
I fulfilled my clinical rotation hours needed to graduate from the BS Nuclear Medicine program. The two years allowed me to develop patient care skills, as well as enhance my customer service ability.
Fast Pace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed working in Emergency Department you never knew what walked through the door.
Conveyor Belt Mentality
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2014
Pros: convenient for medical procedures
Cons: dress code, lack of confdence deflated. not a very mentally healthy place for office workers
No respect for office employees. A lot of authority abuse and degrading. Would not recommend that type office work for me. Medical Staff treated differently.
Health Unit Coordinator
Surgical Aide (Former Employee), Winter Park FloridaMay 31, 2014
Pros: meeting the needs of patiens, doctors, nurses and other departments in a timely fashion
Cons: unforesign mishaps that could cause a delay in service to patients
A typical day for me at Florida hospital is to align my work load for the day from highest priority to lowest. Complete pending tasks adn followup. Attend staff meetings. Prepare for the next day for business. Maintain support regarding orders, request from doctors, surgens, nurses and other departments as needed. Attend to patiens needs and their family – more... members. Bring to management attention of concerns and solutions.

Hardest part of my job is see someone pass away during surgery or after surgery.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to meet the needs of the patiens adn family members. – less
Excelent place to work and learn.
Utilization Management Specialist Support (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 30, 2014
The time I worked for Florida Hospital was wonderful. My co-workers, supervisors and everybody in general was friendly and helpful. They trained me very good and they receive me with all the equipment I needed to perform my job. I didn't found anything hard to work for them. I really enjoyed work with them because they were always nice and respectful – more... to each other. – less
very good place to work
NURSE TECH (Former Employee), tampa, floridaMay 25, 2014
Pros: work 3 days a week 12 hour shift
Cons: when slow you get cancel
loved my floor on 6 south best place to work, you get the schedule you want most of the time. the patients were all different culture, age, race so you get a feel for every type of people.
productive work place
RN (PCU) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2014
Good training and friendly people. Will recommend to work there
very fun and friendly
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2014
• Customer Service, taking and delivering orders to patient’s rooms,
• Maintaining confidentiality on patient information.
I loved working at Florida Hospital the atmosphere was so nice and everyone was just cheerful.
PCT- Externship (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMay 19, 2014
I would go in at 7:00 am take vital signs, and encourage the patients to brush their hair and teeth before serving them their breakfast, if they needed help eating I would assist them. Then I would help them bathe and change their sheets. Before lunch I would take vital signs, then serve the patients lunch and assist anyone who needed it. The rest of – more... the day I would just make sure they were comfortable and anything they needed I would get. Before I left for the day I would take vital signs. I learned so much the main things though were applying clean dressing to wounds, administering treatments such as catheters, enemas, irrigations, and documenting and reporting. I really enjoyed the Head nurses there, they were very sweet to each other and the patients, they were very helpful if i wasn't sure of what to do all I had to do was ask them and they would show me. The hardest part of working there would have to be seeing how painful some of the treatment was for certain illnesses such as wound packing, while the most enjoyable part was talking to the patients and getting to know them even though they wouldn't be there for very long. – less
Challenging work environment.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 18, 2014
Very challenging work environment. Environment can prove to be very rude and disrespectful at times.
They take care of their employees
Lead RN Vascular Access Team (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 18, 2014
They take care of their employees-definitely spend the money to give you the tools you need to do your job and reward you for your knowledge as well as work ethic.
poor management
LPN (Current Employee), EastMay 8, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: low wages, management very controling almost like dictators in my particular department. no over time allowed.
The particular department I work at is a joke. Employees are extremely unhappy, stressed out and unmotivated. Management is not supportive and is very controlling instead. I'm sure the company is a good company overall, but some of their hospital off site locations have some serious issues. It's too bad, because it reflects on the company as a whole – more... leaving some people wondering how can they embrace the company's mission to "extend the healing ministry of Christ". Wages could be better. – less
productive work place
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: learn to be very domesticated
Cons: worked alone
i learned how to clean, organize and to pay close attention to detail.
a typical day at work would i would would walk around and inspect the building and see what all needed to be done. the hardest part of my job was working the long hours around school.
GREAT
PRN RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2014
GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT AND CONSISTENT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT. MY CO WORKERS ARE TALENTED AND HELPFUL. I ENJOY THE PATIENT CARE THE MOST
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Love working at Florida Hospital
Learn a lot working in the medical field
Co-worker were great.
Great place for fast paced customer experiences
E.R. Valet Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FlApril 29, 2014
Maintaining an organized environment while assisting guests into the E.R. efficiently. Throughout the shift it may be difficult to get enough breaks for meals but being a positive part of the customers unexpected experience is well worth the effort. Throughout my time with the company, I have learned how to handle a variety of customer interactions – more... to make sure they are satisfied with the service. – less
Great Company
rn (Current Employee), orlando, flApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, advancement, ceus, great staff, time off, recognition, pay
Cons: construction
Great company to work for. I don't have any complaints. This is a huge hospital, by my unit was fantastic to work for.

About Florida Hospital

Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, – Read more

Florida Hospital Photos