The Audit Director reports to Florida Housing's Inspector General and is responsible for audit functions and programs as described in Florida Statute 20.055.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, or with a major in business which includes five courses in accounting, and 5 years of experience as an internal auditor or independent postauditor, electronic data processing auditor, accountant, or any combination thereof. The work experience must, at a minimum, consist of audits of units of government or private business enterprises, operating for profit, or not for profit; or
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or public administration from an accredited college or university and 4 years of experience as required in paragraph 1; or
- Certified Public Accountant license issued pursuant to Chapter 473, Florida Statutes, or a certified internal audit certificate issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors or earned by examination, and 4 years of experience as required in paragraph 1.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, laws, rules, regulations applicable to audits and business operations.
- Ability to plan and organize auditing responsibilities and functions in a manner that produces excellent and efficient results.
- Analyze data, documents, and other information and draw sound conclusions.
- Interact and work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Skill in producing concise, accurate, informative audit reports.
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing.
Salary and Benefits
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits offered include dental, health, life, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick leave; 11 paid holidays.
- 401/457 retirement accounts.
- The minimum hiring salary for this position is $62,000 annually. The selected candidate’s salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
A FLORIDA HOUSING APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
Visit www.floridahousing.org, select employment, then current openings. Complete the online application.
This position is open until filled. Florida Housing is drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. A criminal history record check will be conducted on the selected applicant.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Florida Housing was created by the Florida Legislature more than 25 years ago to help our fellow Floridians obtain safe, decent affordable...