The Audit Director reports to Florida Housing's Inspector General and is responsible for audit functions and programs as described in Florida Statute 20.055.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, or with a major in business which includes five courses in accounting, and 5 years of experience as an internal auditor or independent postauditor, electronic data processing auditor, accountant, or any combination thereof. The work experience must, at a minimum, consist of audits of units of government or private business enterprises, operating for profit, or not for profit; or
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or public administration from an accredited college or university and 4 years of experience as required in paragraph 1; or
- Certified Public Accountant license issued pursuant to Chapter 473, Florida Statutes, or a certified internal audit certificate issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors or earned by examination, and 4 years of experience as required in paragraph 1.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, laws, rules, regulations applicable to audits and business operations.
- Ability to plan and organize auditing responsibilities and functions in a manner that produces excellent and efficient results.
- Analyze data, documents, and other information and draw sound conclusions.
- Interact and work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Skill in producing concise, accurate, informative audit reports.
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing.
Salary and Benefits
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits offered include dental, health, life, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick leave; 11 paid holidays.
- 401/457 retirement accounts.
- The minimum hiring salary for this position is $62,000 annually. The selected candidate’s salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
A FLORIDA HOUSING APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
Visit www.floridahousing.org, select employment, then current openings. Complete the online application.
This position is open until filled. Florida Housing is drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. A criminal history record check will be conducted on the selected applicant.
Florida Housing was created by the Florida Legislature more than 25 years ago to help our fellow Floridians obtain safe, decent affordable...