Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Great company, benefits and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 4, 2016
I have been at this company for 5 years and I love it. Management treats employees like family. Yes, it requires discipline and hard work but the compensation and benefits are well worth it. I have worked for several agencies before and this is the best place I have worked. Slackers won't make it here so no need applying.
Pros
Great compensation, benefits, management style, friendly environment
Great place for people who believe they need to work to earn a paycheck
AGENT (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 1, 2015
The owners spend a great deal of money to provide leads for the sales staff. We have a great support system to assist with issues after policies are written. If I have a choice, I will never work anywhere else and retire from FIS.
Pros
Great owners
Cons
NA
Great Employer / High Expectations = High Rewards!
Private Client Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 4, 2015
After being out of the insurance game for a few years, I came on board at FIS in the role of Auto Account Rep and was blown away at the volume of business this small agency does. If you are highly motivated to achieve, and willing to put in the effort to get results...then you will thrive at FIS. After only 3 weeks on the job, my wife went into labor with our first child. They gave me a week paternity leave to be with my family...that is priceless. I came back and was promptly offered another position on the Private Client Team, with our High Value Clients. This required even more detail oriented attention to detail and hard work in order to satisfy their needs, keep the business on the books & cross-sell when possible.
In the short time I've been here, I have been challenged and rewarded. If you are just looking to punch a time clock for a paycheck, this is not the place for you. If however you are ready to take your insurance game to the next level, come on board and join the winning team!
Pros
Above average salary, weekends off, benefits, friendly atmosphere, family oriented company
Cons
Above average attention to detail required, must be highly motivated to succeed.
Avoid this place at all costs!
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 19, 2015
I worked here for approximately 3 months and I have to say that it was one of the worst decisions I could've made.
The managers show favoritism towards other employees. If you aren't apart of their favorites list, they will micromanage you.
The employees are extremely condescending and conniving (especially those in the quality control department)
Pros
The pay is decent, you get two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch
Cons
the employees are condescending and the managers are all inexperienced

Comment – December 1, 2015

I worked at this company for 3 years and it was great. You only lasted 3 months because FIS requires a good work ethic and smart people to last. You are probably still going from job to job.

Thriving company - Rewards for honest hard work
current employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Successful company where an honest hard worker can reap rewards! I have worked for FL Ins Specialists for over 3 years now & like the direction the co is headed. Profitable every year since the doors opened; nice to have the security of a prosperous co to be proud of. Being large yet not corporate gives one opportunity to learn while the co expands. Provides the technology & means to accomplish what is required. Always has changes to roll with, but this is expected from a large co that is growing every day. Has depts & teams that work well together & management has an open door policy. I have never had a Mgr act like they don't care. You can tell it's a good place to be when you look around & see others who have been with the co for 5 years, 8 years, 10 years.

Definitely fast-paced & you have to work hard to get it done; but show me an honest business where you can be a slacker & still get paid a decent wage?
Pros
Bonuses paid & raises given when earned, growing profitable co w/great benefits, high volume & fast-paced
Cons
High volume & fast-paced
Excellent Company to work for: YES, YES, YES
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, Fl. 32746September 16, 2015
I must say I am very happy with this employer. They have been excellent to me ALL 9 years I have worked for them. I have been with this company for 9 years and have always been treated fairly and almost like family. They went above and beyond when I was diagnosed with Cancer last year. FIS not only assisted me with my medical care by having a fund raiser in the office for me they also paid me while I was out of work waiting on my STD to kick in. My youngest son passed away also while I was out for 6 months with my cancer and they assisted in supplying dinner for my family and some of the funeral costs. I cannot say enough good things about how great this company is. I believe anyone who would say anything negative about this agency may have a problem with their own work abilities.
Pros
Understanding Human Resources, Healthcare, Paid Holidays, Bonuses
Cons
Insurance Professionals Stay Away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake MaryNovember 11, 2014
There is a reason for the high turnover, and it is not due to employees that simply can't handle the work load. If you are truly an insurance professional with much to offer, I would not recommend consideration of this agency, especially if you are in sales. This is a numbers agency where doing the right thing for the customers is secondary. The environment is stressful even for the most seasoned employeee. Management is constantly looking over your shoulder, reviewing your emails each day, and recording all of your conversations! The sales meetings are never about "how to do a better job for the customers", always about why are your numbers lower than others, and very demeaning to those that may not have kept up with others, even if the month before you were a star! As someone else stated in their review, I could go on and on, but check around, there bad reputation speaks for itself.
benefits
Cons
stressful envirement on every level/lack of ethics

Comment – September 16, 2015

I have been with this agency for 9 years and have never had a better job or worked with a better company. This person obviously could not make it in sales and is blaming the agency. There are lots of agents who have been here for 5+ years.

Great company
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
FIS is a great company to work for. Management really cares about any issues and does their best to resolve them. Employees work together as a team and do what they can to help each other. The company does expect hard work out of every employee, which is the reason for high turnover in the office.
Great Place to Work! Family Oriented and Generous.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
FIS offers professional agents a high energy agency that has lots of compensation opportunity! A typical quote volume in the agency is busier than most small agencies see in a week, which means BIG MONEY if you are a self motivated sales person. The culture is one that promotes honest, ethical and efficient work. I would highly recommend this agency – more... as a workplace for friends and family.
Pros
gift cards, gym, $$$
Cons
too much food, too many leads
great people not a,great job
sales (Former Employee) –  lake maryNovember 4, 2013
Way over rated not a place were you will go to far. Its mostly a popularity contest. They are only busy for a few agents the ones that are married to management and he who kisses the most well you know. Owners are great but let the managers make silly mistakes. The company has great potential but they over hire then not have enough work for some. Sales maneger is has no expirience and takes everything pesonal very bad at her job and holding the company back. This makes this place a good temp job. Oh and i saw employess crying all the time.
Pros
great owners
Cons
bad sales manager
Lie lies and more lies
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary FloridaSeptember 30, 2013
Wow! Where do I begin. I about fell on the floor reading that this is a great place to work for. NOT! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Very unethical! The meetings they have are belittling and it's always what you could have done and what you need to change even on your best month it's NEVER good enough and you hear non stop that you are replaceable and God knows its true because the turn over rate is exceptionally high! As a matter of fact it's so high that every few weeks they let someone go. My first week there I had the worst vibes as I saw 3 people get fired and thought what did I get myself into! They put a good front but if you ask anyone that has heard of them they will say the same thing! They do give free pizza once a month. They are way low on the pay scale as all agents have to work well over the hours with no composition, no PTO, and you will never get a raise! If you are lucky enough to make it past the 90 days good luck to ever seeing medical or 401 as they put you off saying they need more time because you are still in the probation period as they are not sure if you are what they are looking for or they had higher expectations. They do not train and bombard you with a work load that is unheard of! I can go on and on!
Pros
none except free pizza once a month
Cons
all
Florida insurance specialist is a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 29, 2013
The description of this place are all lies. High turn over rate. No training and empty promises. Someone gets fired at least one a month. Stay far away if you value yourself! Under paid under staffed and way over worked!
Cons
all
Awsome place to work for motivated people!!!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 7, 2013
FIS has GREAT owners who really listen to the advice of their staff. We are a high volume office and not just anyone can handle the job!!! But that’s job security and keeps you busy, busy, busy. You never have to try finding leads they are provided to you. We have a great system in place that took some hard work from Management to establish. Great work to Allison and Mansi!!!

I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Anyone motivated would be a great fit for the FIS
Pros
no cold calls. lots of leads and referrals. great pay and benefits.
Cons
sometimes we are a little too busy but i can't say that's really too much of a con.
Short term employment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 29, 2012
If you are looking for short term employment you will find it here. Florida Insurance Specialists has very high employee turn over. Hardly anyone makes it past the 90 day probationary period. There are constant new faces because they hire and fire all the time. Most of the Agents work 12 hour days and Saturday's to handle the work load. Not a good place for anyone who has a family to work.
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
very high employee turn over, long hours required