Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC Employee Reviews

Employees are amazing
Auto processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 1, 2017
I loved working for this company when I started there was such amazing people. My biggest upset with this company is the amount of work that is expected from you to do it is unreal and very overwhelming. They wont hire the amount of people needed to complete the work and therefore leaves documents uncorrect and processed fast leaving much room for error. You must be willing to work nonstop to reach there unreachable numbers
Pros
staff
Cons
stressful requirements
Not a forever job
Personal Lines Agent (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 13, 2016
I was hired as a sales agent and was excited for the opportunity. The pay was very competitive and I liked a majority of the people that I worked with. It didn't take long for me to realize that things were not on the up and up at this office. Because the sales pressure is so high, agents will write anything that comes in and not ethically. The office culture is really strange at FIS. You are either high on the totem pole or down at the bottom. The elite run the show, whether or not they are qualified. Management positions are given based on friendships and who plays the best social game. I was well liked at this agency and even worked one on one with the owners on many side projects. There is SO much drama in the office. It is cut throat and you better have tough skin. I feel sorry for customer service as they take the brunt of all of the bad policies written. The last straw for me was when I was asked to do something unethical that would have put my license on the line. I was given an ultimatum to do it or walk out the door. I walked. I recommend running away from this agency. There are many other agencies that pay well without the sweatshop work environment and bullying. I hear that they were bought out recently, hopefully this helps those that work there in a positive way.
Pros
Competitve Pay, nice benefits
Cons
Unethical practices, cut throat environment
Great company, benefits and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 4, 2016
I have been at this company for 5 years and I love it. Management treats employees like family. Yes, it requires discipline and hard work but the compensation and benefits are well worth it. I have worked for several agencies before and this is the best place I have worked. Slackers won't make it here so no need applying.
Pros
Great compensation, benefits, management style, friendly environment
Great place for people who believe they need to work to earn a paycheck
AGENT (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 1, 2015
The owners spend a great deal of money to provide leads for the sales staff. We have a great support system to assist with issues after policies are written. If I have a choice, I will never work anywhere else and retire from FIS.
Pros
Great owners
Cons
Na
Great Employer / High Expectations = High Rewards!
Private Client Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 4, 2015
After being out of the insurance game for a few years, I came on board at FIS in the role of Auto Account Rep and was blown away at the volume of business this small agency does. If you are highly motivated to achieve, and willing to put in the effort to get results...then you will thrive at FIS. After only 3 weeks on the job, my wife went into labor with our first child. They gave me a week paternity leave to be with my family...that is priceless. I came back and was promptly offered another position on the Private Client Team, with our High Value Clients. This required even more detail oriented attention to detail and hard work in order to satisfy their needs, keep the business on the books & cross-sell when possible.
In the short time I've been here, I have been challenged and rewarded. If you are just looking to punch a time clock for a paycheck, this is not the place for you. If however you are ready to take your insurance game to the next level, come on board and join the winning team!
Pros
Above average salary, weekends off, benefits, friendly atmosphere, family oriented company
Cons
Above average attention to detail required, must be highly motivated to succeed.
Avoid this place at all costs!
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 19, 2015
I worked here for approximately 3 months and I have to say that it was one of the worst decisions I could've made.
The managers show favoritism towards other employees. If you aren't apart of their favorites list, they will micromanage you.
The employees are extremely condescending and conniving (especially those in the quality control department)
Pros
The pay is decent, you get two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch
Cons
the employees are condescending and the managers are all inexperienced
Official response from Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC
December 1, 2015

I worked at this company for 3 years and it was great. You only lasted 3 months because FIS requires a good work ethic and smart people to last. You are probably still going from job to job.

Thriving company - Rewards for honest hard work
current employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Successful company where an honest hard worker can reap rewards! I have worked for FL Ins Specialists for over 3 years now & like the direction the co is headed. Profitable every year since the doors opened; nice to have the security of a prosperous co to be proud of. Being large yet not corporate gives one opportunity to learn while the co expands. Provides the technology & means to accomplish what is required. Always has changes to roll with, but this is expected from a large co that is growing every day. Has depts & teams that work well together & management has an open door policy. I have never had a Mgr act like they don't care. You can tell it's a good place to be when you look around & see others who have been with the co for 5 years, 8 years, 10 years.

Definitely fast-paced & you have to work hard to get it done; but show me an honest business where you can be a slacker & still get paid a decent wage?
Pros
Bonuses paid & raises given when earned, growing profitable co w/great benefits, high volume & fast-paced
Cons
High volume & fast-paced
Productive, Fun place to work.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive Management team. Not all about the numbers, company would like employees to grow and develop with the company. No red tape or politics. Enjoy the flexibility of a small company but with processes, pay, and culture of a large company. Employees are not forced to write reviews. Training is not extensive, however I do not enjoying sitting in a classroom for 6 weeks, that is why I prefer the hands on training style. Can be overwhelming if agents are inexperienced or not familiar with the Florida Market. Work space is clean, professional, nice office, break room. Company has awesome Christmas parties. 5 people win trips each year. Highly aggressive monthly bonus plans.
Pros
Food, Giveaways, Contests, Promotions, Fun!
Cons
Too many leads
Productive and Fun place to work. Yes Yes Yes
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, Fl. 32746September 16, 2015
Love this job! I have been with this company for 9 years and have been treated exceptionally well over the 9 years I have been with FIS. Human resource is very understanding and works with you to resolve any issues. Upper management is quick to listen and try to resolve any issues that are brought up. The company is fair and a great place to work.
Pros
Business casual, Weekends off, Paid holidays, Health care
Excellent Company to work for: YES, YES, YES
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, Fl. 32746September 16, 2015
I must say I am very happy with this employer. They have been excellent to me ALL 9 years I have worked for them. I have been with this company for 9 years and have always been treated fairly and almost like family. They went above and beyond when I was diagnosed with Cancer last year. FIS not only assisted me with my medical care by having a fund raiser in the office for me they also paid me while I was out of work waiting on my STD to kick in. My youngest son passed away also while I was out for 6 months with my cancer and they assisted in supplying dinner for my family and some of the funeral costs. I cannot say enough good things about how great this company is. I believe anyone who would say anything negative about this agency may have a problem with their own work abilities.
Pros
Understanding Human Resources, Healthcare, Paid Holidays, Bonuses
Great place!
SALE (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 16, 2015
After reading the previous review about Florida Insurance Specialist I felt the need to comment. I am a current employee and have been here for over 1 year and I LOVE my job! I have seen people come and go during my time here but many of the employees couldn't handle the job. YES there is a strong work load here because the company pays a hefty price for the incoming leads. Where else can you go and not have to make outbound calls? They literally hand every sales agent their leads on a golden platter and of course require their agents to make the most out of those leads.

I started working for FIS without a lot of insurance experience and with my strong work ethics and the company giving me the opportunity I have grown so much! The compensation is amazing and the team environment is great! Half of the sales staff works from home while the others work in the office. AGAIN where can you get the opportunity to work from home with the same compensation as FIS offers?
Keep in mind that no job is perfect but remember that the people behind the comments may not have had the work ethics like many of the other successful hard workers in the FIS family.

If you are considering to work at FIS I would highly recommend it. Come ready to WORK Hard and focus on your job and you wont have any problems.
Pros
Fun place to work! Great Compensation
Cons
Fast paced environment only fit for the ones that can handle it
Insurance Professionals Stay Away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake MaryNovember 11, 2014
There is a reason for the high turnover, and it is not due to employees that simply can't handle the work load. If you are truly an insurance professional with much to offer, I would not recommend consideration of this agency, especially if you are in sales. This is a numbers agency where doing the right thing for the customers is secondary. The environment is stressful even for the most seasoned employeee. Management is constantly looking over your shoulder, reviewing your emails each day, and recording all of your conversations! The sales meetings are never about "how to do a better job for the customers", always about why are your numbers lower than others, and very demeaning to those that may not have kept up with others, even if the month before you were a star! As someone else stated in their review, I could go on and on, but check around, there bad reputation speaks for itself.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful envirement on every level/lack of ethics
Official response from Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC
September 16, 2015

I have been with this agency for 9 years and have never had a better job or worked with a better company. This person obviously could not make it in sales and is blaming the agency. There are lots of agents who have been here for 5+ years.

Great company
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
FIS is a great company to work for. Management really cares about any issues and does their best to resolve them. Employees work together as a team and do what they can to help each other. The company does expect hard work out of every employee, which is the reason for high turnover in the office.
Great Place to Work! Family Oriented and Generous.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
FIS offers professional agents a high energy agency that has lots of compensation opportunity! A typical quote volume in the agency is busier than most small agencies see in a week, which means BIG MONEY if you are a self motivated sales person. The culture is one that promotes honest, ethical and efficient work. I would highly recommend this agency – more... as a workplace for friends and family.
Pros
Gift Cards, Gym, $$$
Cons
Too much food, Too many leads
Great Company, Awesome benefits, Amazing Management Team
Insurance Sales Agent - Auto (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
I see there are negative reviews for the company, but I have to disagree. The truth is, if you are a motivated, experienced individual who likes staying busy and is highly motivated by money, then this is the place for you. The bonus structure was recently revised and it is on the higher end. You never have to worry about leads, tools, or cutting edge technically. Sales agents have support staff, so this way agents are able to focus on selling!

If you are living in central Florida, have been in the industry for a while and have EXPERIENCE, this is the place for you!
Pros
Pay per performance, 401K, Gift Cards
Cons
You might put on the FIS 15 LBS! Too much food! Too many leads!
Faced paced job with great pay and benefits.
Personal Lines Producer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 6, 2013
This job is not for someone who is slow, takes their time, thin skinned or timid. High volume of work, a lot of accountability. Extremely competitive enviornment. They do not micro-manage you and expect hard work and results. The health benefits and job perks are awesome.
Pros
Benefits, perks, hour lunches.
Cons
Extremely competitive enviornment
great people not a,great job
sales (Former Employee) –  lake maryNovember 4, 2013
Way over rated not a place were you will go to far. Its mostly a popularity contest. They are only busy for a few agents the ones that are married to management and he who kisses the most well you know. Owners are great but let the managers make silly mistakes. The company has great potential but they over hire then not have enough work for some. Sales maneger is has no expirience and takes everything pesonal very bad at her job and holding the company back. This makes this place a good temp job. Oh and i saw employess crying all the time.
Pros
great owners
Cons
bad sales manager
Lie lies and more lies
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary FloridaSeptember 30, 2013
Wow! Where do I begin. I about fell on the floor reading that this is a great place to work for. NOT! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Very unethical! The meetings they have are belittling and it's always what you could have done and what you need to change even on your best month it's NEVER good enough and you hear non stop that you are replaceable and God knows its true because the turn over rate is exceptionally high! As a matter of fact it's so high that every few weeks they let someone go. My first week there I had the worst vibes as I saw 3 people get fired and thought what did I get myself into! They put a good front but if you ask anyone that has heard of them they will say the same thing! They do give free pizza once a month. They are way low on the pay scale as all agents have to work well over the hours with no composition, no PTO, and you will never get a raise! If you are lucky enough to make it past the 90 days good luck to ever seeing medical or 401 as they put you off saying they need more time because you are still in the probation period as they are not sure if you are what they are looking for or they had higher expectations. They do not train and bombard you with a work load that is unheard of! I can go on and on!
Pros
None except free pizza once a month
Cons
Florida insurance specialist is a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 29, 2013
The description of this place are all lies. High turn over rate. No training and empty promises. Someone gets fired at least one a month. Stay far away if you value yourself! Under paid under staffed and way over worked!
Cons
Fast paced and fun place to work.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 8, 2013
I have work at FIS for 6 years and have been very happy with the culture and mission of the organization. The managment is fair , the compensation is competitive and is directly linked to one's productivity. Hard workers looking for a fun , fasted paced work environment defines the Florida Insurance Specialists experience.
Pros
employee benefits ie gym membership reimbursement, 401k matching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC Reviews by Location