Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC

Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC Employer Reviews

Great company
Quality Control (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
FIS is a great company to work for. Management really cares about any issues and does their best to resolve them. Employees work together as a team and do what they can to help each other. The company does expect hard work out of every employee, which is the reason for high turnover in the office.
Great Place to Work! Family Oriented and Generous.
Agent (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: gift cards, gym, $$$
Cons: too much food, too many leads
FIS offers professional agents a high energy agency that has lots of compensation opportunity! A typical quote volume in the agency is busier than most small agencies see in a week, which means BIG MONEY if you are a self motivated sales person. The culture is one that promotes honest, ethical and efficient work. I would highly recommend this agency – more... as a workplace for friends and family.
great people not a,great job
sales (Former Employee), lake maryNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great owners
Cons: bad sales manager
Way over rated not a place were you will go to far. Its mostly a popularity contest. They are only busy for a few agents the ones that are married to management and he who kisses the most well you know. Owners are great but let the managers make silly mistakes. The company has great potential but they over hire then not have enough work for some. Sales maneger is has no expirience and takes everything pesonal very bad at her job and holding the company back. This makes this place a good temp job. Oh and i saw employess crying all the time.
Lie lies and more lies
Sales agent (Former Employee), Lake Mary FloridaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: none except free pizza once a month
Cons: all
Wow! Where do I begin. I about fell on the floor reading that this is a great place to work for. NOT! This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Very unethical! The meetings they have are belittling and it's always what you could have done and what you need to change even on your best month it's NEVER good enough and you hear non stop that you are replaceable and God knows its true because the turn over rate is exceptionally high! As a matter of fact it's so high that every few weeks they let someone go. My first week there I had the worst vibes as I saw 3 people get fired and thought what did I get myself into! They put a good front but if you ask anyone that has heard of them they will say the same thing! They do give free pizza once a month. They are way low on the pay scale as all agents have to work well over the hours with no composition, no PTO, and you will never get a raise! If you are lucky enough to make it past the 90 days good luck to ever seeing medical or 401 as they put you off saying they need more time because you are still in the probation period as they are not sure if you are what they are looking for or they had higher expectations. They do not train and bombard you with a work load that is unheard of! I can go on and on!
Florida insurance specialist is a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 29, 2013
Cons: all
The description of this place are all lies. High turn over rate. No training and empty promises. Someone gets fired at least one a month. Stay far away if you value yourself! Under paid under staffed and way over worked!
Awsome place to work for motivated people!!!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: no cold calls. lots of leads and referrals. great pay and benefits.
Cons: sometimes we are a little too busy but i can't say that's really too much of a con.
FIS has GREAT owners who really listen to the advice of their staff. We are a high volume office and not just anyone can handle the job!!! But that’s job security and keeps you busy, busy, busy. You never have to try finding leads they are provided to you. We have a great system in place that took some hard work from Management to establish. Great work to Allison and Mansi!!!

I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Anyone motivated would be a great fit for the FIS
Great place to work!
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: long term, bonus program, pto
Florida Insurance Specialists is a wonderful place to work. They offer a very competitive compensation package and benefits. They are flexible and willing to work with your schedule. The management team is very friendly and down to earth. I highly recommend this company if you have experience in the insurance field.

January 21, 2014

If you are a self-motivated individual you have nothing to worry about. Majority of the agents have been there 3+ year. They have a handful of agents that have been here 10 years. The comments above are false typically written by former employee who just could not “cut” it.

Short term employment
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 29, 2012
Pros: nothing comes to mind
Cons: very high employee turn over, long hours required
If you are looking for short term employment you will find it here. Florida Insurance Specialists has very high employee turn over. Hardly anyone makes it past the 90 day probationary period. There are constant new faces because they hire and fire all the time. Most of the Agents work 12 hour days and Saturday's to handle the work load. Not a good place for anyone who has a family to work.

About Florida Insurance Specialists, LLC

We are one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Florida, offering personal lines of coverage in the state, with access – Read more