Florida International University

Florida International University Employer Reviews

Multi Campus Large Urban University
Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 19, 2014
Developed and taught courses for Communication Arts for a number of years
Diverse and dynamic work environment
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2014
A typical day is filled with challenges from day-to-day interactions by users with the PeopleSoft HR system. It is imperative to have the ability to multitask. Troubleshooting is essential in the daily tasks to document business process and address gaps and improve/ streamline. There are many opportunities to learn of different business processes and many opportunities to be creative with the implementation of solutions.
Perferct workplace where I have become a better person and professional
IT Department Office Manager (Current Employee), MiamiApril 3, 2014
This job has been the best thing it has ever happened to me. First of all, I have the best team I could ask for; they are kind always willing to help and work together in order to achieve the department functionality. Secondly, I have gotten extremely involved in an IT environment that have introduced me to something that was once my passion and have now become stronger by actually being able to get real life experiences.
Gives students opportunities for research
DOE Fellow- Research Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2014
FIU engineering school gives students the opportunity of working with professors in hands on research. Professors are excellent, they help students achieve their goals.
Typical University
Instructional Media Department Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2014
FIU is a typical state university. What sets it apart is it's multicultural environment.
Work experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I have gain a lot of experience in research and education! I am looking forward to keep on learning and applying my current skills.
Felt like family
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Loved everyday even when i was having a bad one everyone works as a team and very open to help
Not the greatest
PROGRAM PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: the passion in the students to further their education.
Cons: everything else
In order to work in this industry you will have to do it for the love of the students ONLY! Highly stressful, a lot of backbiting from faculty and administration, should be team spirited but it is not. No work life balance. Expect little pay for overwork.
Great work and Learning Environment
Associate Director of Fitness (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Great environment to work amongst students, faculty and staff
Fun job always busy
Meet a lot of people
Assistance going to school while working
Recreation Center
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Miami, FlJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: hours
Its the best place to work on campus. They're pretty relaxed at the rec, show up, wear the uniform and do your job. It's really not that hard and it can be kinda fun. You get to meet a lot of people there.
Great company
Senior Secretary (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 30, 2013
Florida International University provides a great work environment, as well as great benefits.
A job filled with monotony
HR Program Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 15, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: on campus dinning
Every was pretty much the same it grew boring quickly. I need new challenges.
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Graduate Program Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: work schedule, and people
Cons: little to no advancement
FIU is a great place to work at if you are looking for a steady job work/life balance. If I could give five stars to "job security" and zero to one for advancement I would. This place is for those who can attain a secure position they like (e.g. pay...) and plan to stay there for a long long time. This place is not for those who wish to move up because advancing is nearly impossible unless you know people in the inside.

Work environment is awesome, people are awesome, students are nice (although can be rude sometimes) and you definitely will learn on the job.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaDecember 5, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work. The team is people and task oriented and has a wonderful feeling of family. The team works together to create a unique atmosphere dedicated to the cause of creating a better place for students to live and work.
Best place to work
Electrical Engineering Internship - Power Systems (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2013
FIU Energy Systems Research Laboratory it is one of those place that can feel comfortable with what are you doing ,i learned about motor control,power system ,software to control the Test Bench ,our mentor it been very helpful to all of us , The simulation of our Test Bench is one of the most genius lab in term of electronics ,with PHD students helping and teaching us , make this lab a nice place to work.
Good working conditions
Ph. D. Candidate and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 5, 2013
FIU is a good school to study and work. The research in my group is challenging but full of interesting. I worked independently becasue I was the only one in that research area. I learned many instruments and the research experience benefit me a lot. The protein purification and characterization was practical and vital in many research and industrial area. The efficient folding of protein therapeutics is also important in protein production. The teaching experience in FIU was also useful because communicating can broad my aspect in other area. My English was also improved during teaching.
Instructor of Record (Current Employee), miami flOctober 8, 2013
flexible and diverse. students are fun to work with. easy commute.
Informative and challenging
Internship (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2013
My internship consists of research trips and logging interviews. My mentor intelligent and very friendly. The hardest part is definitely being a high school student among distinguished professors.
Exciting
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami FloridaSeptember 21, 2013
A typical day for me is to prepare and present those concepts and theories that answer the objectives for the week and create those opportunities or projects that will allow me to share my work experiences with students seeking their Bachelors in Health Service Administration with a course focus in cultural competency. l

I learn a great deal of information by empowering others to share those skills they are seeking in order to prepare for healthcare opportunities.

Management with great leadership practices are key in the workplace for me. Opportunities for growth and development is in the forefront of such leadership practices. This encourages excellence and commitment.

My co-workers and I are engaged and believe in excellence and therefore continue to build on those skills or performance measures that will promote the best outcomes for others.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I am able to reach all learning styles, cultures, and needs of students preparing to go out in the world.

The most enjoyable part of the job is observing how well students are able to apply discussed concepts, experiences and knowledge to address real healthcare issues.
Its a nice place
Coordinator Administrative Operations (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: leave time
Cons: parking
Its a nice place to work at. You get very good benefits. The parking is very bad because there are a lot of people working here. You have to pay for parking as an employee.