Florida International University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2015
Fun place with the university students and professors. Everyone is willing to help rather than bring you down. Many resources and networking.
Big organization with oppotunities to grow.
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2015
Poor management from senior leaders. They expect the employees to get a lot of work done on a low salary. It's ridiculous that this is an educational institution meanwhile they pay their emplyees less than what their masters degree is worth.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, potential to grow.
Cons
Low salaries.
Condusive for both learning and working
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MiamiOctober 2, 2015
A friendly environment for learning with diversity about the students, who come from various countries, which enables resourceful networking, and also learning about new cultures. Very humble, and caring working force
Great place to go to school and work part time.
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I would deal with students regularly and assist in student evaluations, helping them meet with counselors, and also assisted the associate Dean.

I learned a lot about office management and was able to further advance my skills in multitasking and other supervisorial skills.
Great Enivorment to work
Operations and Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2015
I loved the working environment, it ranks 100 Best Values in Public Colleges, The people in the Human Resources Department are very helpful.
Great Place To Work
Coordinator of Research Programs (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2015
The University's slogan is World's Ahead. They strive to develop innovate programs. It is a minority serving institution that is well diverse in student body as well as faculty/staff/administration. There is always opportunity to learn new skills. If you advance up the ladder in one division/department/school/college, there is plenty of opportunity in another.
GAL Volunteer
Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2015
o Conducted monthly visits to children and biological parent on assigned case.
o Wrote court reports.
o Gathered medical and educational documents.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2015
Advanced attitude towards work-life balance. Probably a good place to start your career. Interesting job great benefits relaxed work life balance
Excellent working conditions and plenty of faculty support
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2015
Florida International University fosters a productive environment where students from diverse backgrounds are all treated fairly and ethically. At FIU, I taught ENC 1101 and 1102, the emphasis being mostly on rhetorical theory and the implications of epistemic rhetoric in writing and reading. Students were always encouraged to think critically about the issues plaguing their discourse communities, and their writing was often stellar. Fellow adjuncts and full-time instructors were very supportive, offering plenty of advice and more importantly, resources through online modules that helped adjuncts come up with new, breakthrough assignments to help enhance critical thinking skills. The hardest part of the job was balancing work and school, since as an adjunct I simultaneously worked on my MA thesis. I learned to communicate effectively with fellow instructors and students, how to plan a class (syllabus, rubrics, grading systems, and so forth), and how to plan an entire class for the semester.
Productive and professional
Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working as a Student on Campus is really beneficial to develop social skills and gain real world experience. There are many job opportunities that correlate with different majors, to allow individuals to gain knowledge in their field of study.
Great state job
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Great state job, but not so great salaries for employees who have an education and work experience. Surrounded by great people for the most part. Parking is not good.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
Productive Company to Grow and utilized my skills
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2015
My typical work day is the best of them all I love that fact that I have the ability to help individuals in my community. I love working with a wonderful group of people that are so caring and trust worthy.
Relaxed but very challenging environment.
Advanced Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlJuly 27, 2015
Since I am pursuing a mathematics major, tutoring at FIU has significantly helped me. I get to tackle math problems of all courses that are offered at the university. I benefit well because when I go to my classes I often utilize something that I helped someone with. I perform extremely well on my exams and I credit it to my supervisor who helps me when I need help in my upper level courses or students who need a simpler or broader explanation of the math concepts. My coworkers are amazing as well. They themselves tutor in different areas such as statistics, chemistry, physics, and writing. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can honestly see the weight being removed from a student's shoulder who has been struggling with the material and they compliment you for being patient and helpful.
Pros
Great experience for my major
Cons
Honestly no cons.
Great staff comfortable workspace
Assistant Director, Athlete Academic Center (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2015
friendly co-workers, great student-athletes. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students graduate. A typical day consists of meeting with on-campus staff, working with professors, coaches and student-athletes.
Great Place To Work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, flJuly 16, 2015
There is a lot of different people everyday which makes learn a lot about different cultures. Amazing co-workers, the management is great.
Good Working environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJuly 15, 2015
Conducting research under a Professor from the Department of Public health, to gain more experience and knowledge about the workforce
Supervisor and coworkers made the job easier
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2015
The experience I gained from working as a student assistant for the Agroecology Program at Florida International University was rewarding and allowed me to grow as a person.
Great Institution
Grants Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJuly 11, 2015
The staff and faculty were always friendly and outgoing. The management style was uplifting and positive and the benefits were good.
Pros
independent work style
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Good place
Research Assistant, CeSMEC Research Laboratory (Former Employee) –  MiamiJuly 10, 2015
Nice Experience to be in Academia.
though management of paper work is little slow but overall work experience is good.
Research and Development are plus points.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chemistry and Biochemistry DepartmentJuly 9, 2015
Good university to develop the professional skills, such as hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation, critical thinking and communication skills

4.3