Florida International University

Florida International University Employee Reviews

Customer Service is a Priority
Coordinator, Office of Student and Alumni Affairs (Current Employee), Miami FLNovember 26, 2014
As a coordinator for the college I provide a valuable service to students currently in the programs as well as provide admissions information for those who would like to pursue a graduate degree. I work closely with the faculty, administrators throughout the University in order to provide a quality service. I set up orientations and recruitment information sessions for the students to meet the faculty. I attend recruitment events on and off campus. I find pleasure in being able to assist a students in completing the programs successfully. The most challenging part of my job is when students do not want to listen to advise that will help them achieve success.
Free environment to learn and implement new things
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 20, 2014
I am working as a graduate assistant in florida international university since february-2014.
As I had very good experience in .net platform india, this job helped me to remain updated in my skills. As well as I also became familiar with the work culture of US.
During this job I learned some automation tools like AutoIt. Which was very good experience for me.
Overall this job helped me to remain in touch with the platform I was working with. And also helped me to learn some new technologies.
Fun place for studying the new technology
Student Assistant - TUTOR (Former Employee), miamiNovember 2, 2014
A good place to Work and can learn about technology.Need to teach the Under graduate Student on field on Electronics and Mechatronics.
Great benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 13, 2014
Cons: pays less than the average salary
Busy and challenging, opportunities to grow however the university does not offer competitive pay, the benefits are outstanding and the atmosphere is great to work in.
Great place
Senior Design (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 2, 2014
Fun,great leaning experience and get to work with a lot of great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2014
The best part about working for Florida International University is how flexible they are with you with your school schedule.
it got me through college
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons: low pay, long hours
Great experience, just make sure you pick the right mentor.
Secertary (Current Employee), Miami FlSeptember 16, 2014
FIU is a great place to work, the benefits alone is just wonderful. A typical day work is very fast paced everyday you learn something new . I have learned how to manage many different task at once. My co- workers and management are great all around very caring their doors are always open , they are open to new ideas and suggestions. I believe the hardest part of the job is just balancing all the work that is required from making copies for all the professors in the department , scheduling , room request, completing any task the professor may give you, and most importantly working with the students providing the best customer service possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is working one on one with the students and helping them to make the right choices.
minority institution, nice facilities, beautiful university
NSF Bridge to the Doctorate Fellow/Grad. Student (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2014
Some professors are great, some others are really bad.
The environment of the school is great.
People are very nice.
Productive, ineteresting work environment
Curriculum Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2014
At this institution I have learned a lot working with people of different age groups, cultures, and point of views. A typical day includes managing classroom activities for the medical students in the first and second year. This includes leading small group activities, quizzes, and other types of activities where I get to be creative in the execution of these. Sometimes we will have a group activity where the students are selected by a lottery number to answer the questions. Other times they have to draw different organelles or body parts depending on the organ system they are learning. Management is very open minded and flexible. They allow us to come up with our own ideas for how the curriculum is executed, as long as the content is not tampered with.
The best part of this job is my co-workers. We are a great time, we have each other's back and we work well in terms of creativity and execution for different projects.
The hardest part of the job is juggling between assisting the students, the faculty and other executive leaders in addition to managing the curriculum.
Loved it here!
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 18, 2014
Loved being able to help students. My coworkers were the best and the environment was awesome.
Fun University life
Telecommunications Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: i was too young
Worked afternoon/night shifts. It was a job while I was in College.
It was a quiet environment which allowed space for productivity
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee), Miami, FlAugust 8, 2014
Pros: we'd receive raises, given more options for shifts, and had the ability to move up in the company
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consisted of the employees clocking in and sitting at our desks. The floor manager would hold a meeting for the group to inform us on who we'd be calling for the day as well as what was expected of us. I enjoyed this job because it allowed me to learn how to inspire people to give back to this University based on the degree in which they attained. The management was wonderful at this call center. Our boss and manager worked well with the employees and did everything in their power to make sure that we did our job correctly and that we were learning something new each day that we walked into the office. I enjoyed the atmosphere of this call center because it felt safe.
happy work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 6, 2014
time scheduling
learn how to use Cube
learn how to run the simulation model
do the litterateur review and improve the writing skill
meet with some professors from different university
friendly co-worker
Professional and Productive Environment
Graduate Office Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: parking
Answer emails, communicate with students, reply to faculty requests, work on online courses on blackboard, answer phone, post announcements, type reports, prepare tests, assignments, and lectures. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see students finish their courses with A's. The hardest part is to say no to students when they forgot to submit an assignment and they want the due date to be extended. Everyone is supportive and friendly, always smiling.
Great
Office of the Dean (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 29, 2014
great place to work; sometimes division between management and staff though.
Interesting
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 27, 2014
I was a graduate assistant and had to help the professor with his clases, his research and any other thing he needed.
Good place to start your career
Manager, IT End User Support (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: location, tuition assistance, work/life balance depending on position held.
Cons: low job security
FIU is a multicultural environment with many benefits and opportunities if you are employed by the right department. Some College's do not support a healthy working environment, while others create the dream work environment.
Working with certain professors was a pleasurable experience
Office Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2014
Being a grader could be both an amazing or horrible experience, depending on which professor you worked with.
Working as an office staff was quite rough for a multitude of reasons.
Summary of FIU
Student Health Services Dep (Current Employee), Miami FLJuly 3, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: pay
Great place to start up a job career. Room for improvement depending on one's credential's and/or experience.

Florida International University Salaries