Florida International University

Florida International University Employer Reviews

Great company
Senior Secretary (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 30, 2013
Florida International University provides a great work environment, as well as great benefits.
A job filled with monotony
HR Program Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 15, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: on campus dinning
Every was pretty much the same it grew boring quickly. I need new challenges.
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Graduate Program Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: work schedule, and people
Cons: little to no advancement
FIU is a great place to work at if you are looking for a steady job work/life balance. If I could give five stars to "job security" and zero to one for advancement I would. This place is for those who can attain a secure position they like (e.g. pay...) and plan to stay there for a long long time. This place is not for those who wish to move up because – more... advancing is nearly impossible unless you know people in the inside.

Work environment is awesome, people are awesome, students are nice (although can be rude sometimes) and you definitely will learn on the job. – less
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaDecember 5, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work. The team is people and task oriented and has a wonderful feeling of family. The team works together to create a unique atmosphere dedicated to the cause of creating a better place for students to live and work.
Best place to work
Electrical Engineering Internship - Power Systems (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2013
FIU Energy Systems Research Laboratory it is one of those place that can feel comfortable with what are you doing ,i learned about motor control,power system ,software to control the Test Bench ,our mentor it been very helpful to all of us , The simulation of our Test Bench is one of the most genius lab in term of electronics ,with PHD students helping – more... and teaching us , make this lab a nice place to work. – less
Good working conditions
Ph. D. Candidate and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 5, 2013
FIU is a good school to study and work. The research in my group is challenging but full of interesting. I worked independently becasue I was the only one in that research area. I learned many instruments and the research experience benefit me a lot. The protein purification and characterization was practical and vital in many research and industrial – more... area. The efficient folding of protein therapeutics is also important in protein production. The teaching experience in FIU was also useful because communicating can broad my aspect in other area. My English was also improved during teaching. – less
Instructor of Record (Current Employee), miami flOctober 8, 2013
flexible and diverse. students are fun to work with. easy commute.
Informative and challenging
Internship (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2013
My internship consists of research trips and logging interviews. My mentor intelligent and very friendly. The hardest part is definitely being a high school student among distinguished professors.
Exciting
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami FloridaSeptember 21, 2013
A typical day for me is to prepare and present those concepts and theories that answer the objectives for the week and create those opportunities or projects that will allow me to share my work experiences with students seeking their Bachelors in Health Service Administration with a course focus in cultural competency. l

I learn a great deal of information – more... by empowering others to share those skills they are seeking in order to prepare for healthcare opportunities.

Management with great leadership practices are key in the workplace for me. Opportunities for growth and development is in the forefront of such leadership practices. This encourages excellence and commitment.

My co-workers and I are engaged and believe in excellence and therefore continue to build on those skills or performance measures that will promote the best outcomes for others.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I am able to reach all learning styles, cultures, and needs of students preparing to go out in the world.

The most enjoyable part of the job is observing how well students are able to apply discussed concepts, experiences and knowledge to address real healthcare issues. – less
Its a nice place
Coordinator Administrative Operations (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: leave time
Cons: parking
Its a nice place to work at. You get very good benefits. The parking is very bad because there are a lot of people working here. You have to pay for parking as an employee.
Fast growing
Research Graduate Assistant - Research, SQL, PHP (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Young university and gives wide scope to explore.
Multi-cultural working experience.
Great experience
Student Associate Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Great people and atmosphere. Greats an environment in which the employee is eager and excited to work.
FIU can be a great place to conduct research when working with the right team
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 29, 2013
Extensive research capabilities with great networking potential. However, it is not the most organized place to work.
A good place to improve my study ability
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 21, 2013
Familiar with using Financial software to collect data
Organized in helping professor to manage his teaching work
Productive and fun environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 19, 2013
It would change day to day but overall it was a fun place to work depending on the co-workers.
Productive successful tenure was a 24/7 daily operations.
DEFENSIVE LINE COACH (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: love what i did.
Cons: didn't much of my family.
Coached and developed the fundamentals and techniques of defensive line play with a defensive scheme. Self scouted and scouted ourselves and opponents to improve our defensive schematics/personnel and configure tendencies of formations competition during the season.
Great place to work at while enrolled in school.
Sr. Fiscal Assistant / Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 31, 2013
Pros: tuition waiver, discounts, and health benefits
Cons: non-profit, the pay is less then what you would normally get at a private company
FIU is a great place to work at during your enrollment at school. There are numerous advantages ranging from tuition reimbursement to convenience of walking from work to class. I learned much during my tenure at FIU and had the opportunity to work alongside great people from all over the world.
Great teaching experience and atmosphere
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 31, 2013
FIU has given me the opportunity to gain valuable work experience while completing my PhD. I have had exposure to both face-to-face and fully online classroom management, which has challenged me to hone my leadership and public speaking skills.
Exciting place to work and learn
Military Science Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 20, 2013
Pros: excellent learning facilities
Florida International University, Miami, FL
Facilitates, lectures college students on Leadership Traits and Characteristics
Responsible for Career Counseling, Leadership Training and assessments
Manages classroom curriculum and instructions; evaluates student performance
Assists Recruiting Operation Officer in student retention and recruitment
Coordinate – more... Commissioning Ceremonies and conducts community relations
activities
Recruitment Specialist – less
Great place to work with an amazing atmosphere
Research Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FlJuly 18, 2013
A good place to get experience surround by great people. A good place to network and explore different career paths.