Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

growing company
Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Land O Lakes, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: private, and personal work space, positive atmosphere, friendly helpful co workers
Cons: distance to drive, seperated from office I was working for
I was employed in the CBO (Central Billing Office), which was fast pace and demanding. The position I held was rewarding in that my efforts to achieve a 5% or below AR balance and maintain that percentage was easily tracked. That made it clear to my management team that I was obtaining the requirements they had set for me. I took great pride in knowing I was bringing the offices I worked for revenue that might otherwise be written off. It was rewarding to know the hard work I was doing was making a difference for the doctors, and ultimately the company I was working for. At the end of the day I was both proud and satisfied in knowing I was getting the claims corrected, processed and paid. I kept a personal folder titled pending, to track the accounts I was striving to see paid, that might otherwise get lost in the shuffle. I reviewed the status of those claims bi weekly, as a personal goal to keep on top of problem accounts, which was extremely rewarding to see when payments were made. It was also a added blessing to know the patients were trusting that I would do my part to help secure the payment for them, and at times I would enjoy talking with them to inform them everything had been taken care of. My coworkers were amazing, we were a great team! We were quick to share updates regarding any changes a insurance provider might have made which benefited us all to expedite our claims in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was accepting that due to time restraints and negligence of not acquiring the necessary referrals, or pre-certifications there were some accounts not paid. I had a very good working relationship with the team members in the offices I was collecting for to stay on top of outstanding referrals or precertification's. I was challenged each day to make sure Florida Medical Clinic would be glad they decided to offer me the opportunity to work for them, and that is a personal goal I set for myself where ever I am employed.
fmc
Medical Assistant -Floater (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2015
florida medical clinic as a whole is an amazing company. the one con of this corporate is the fact that it is no long about the patient no matter how much they preach to us "customer service" it is all about how much the "higher ups" can get out of all of us. i myself do not use any of the benifits and i still get paid less that what i should. i go above and beyond for the company first one in and i still dont get recognizaed as an idivdual nor for my hard work.
no comment
Check in clerk (Former Employee), Dade City, FLJuly 31, 2015
patient interaction is amazing, making a difference in peoples healthcare. Awesome group of physicians to work for, involved in our community to make a difference.
Professional
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2015
Great opportunities to help clients. Co-workers are always willing to help each other and are willing to help individuals receiving services. The healthcare providers are full of knowledge and are very caring for the patient's well-being.
exciting and challenging
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 7, 2015
We promote teamwork which is very important to patient care. Your day is always exciting and challenging. Patient care is always priority
Enjoyable place to work
Ultrasonographer (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to work
Cons: Long commute to work
Busy and productive place to work. Enjoyed the interaction with the radiologists, patients, and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the commute.
Great place to work.
Surgery Coordinator Orthopaedics (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 3, 2015
Great environment. Great physicians and staff. I learned a lot while employed there. I loved learning and working directly with the spine surgeon. My days were always busy with paperwork, phone calls, emails and personal interactions with the patients, physicians and co-workers.
, Medical Assistant (Former Employee), ZephyrhillsMay 1, 2015
Very fun atmosphere to work in. Was a great learning tool to help further my job experience and to learn what type of work I wanted to do. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere to work in.
Best Company to work for
Phelbotomist (Former Employee), zephyrhillsApril 13, 2015
I had the best time working for Florida Medical ! Every one is friendly helpful and hard workers working together to care for patients
Worked on my own
Check In Check Out (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: worked on my own
Answered approximately 60+ telephone calls daily and reported to Doctor patient staus and refill requests. Monitored and processed faxes. Scheduled appointments, created new patient files with demographics, verified insurance. Verified daily appointments. Requested and processed medical record requests. Covered Check in and check out.
Florida medical Clinic is a multiple specialty facility with opportunity for advancement.
Medical Assistant-Floater (Former Employee), All locationsMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, 401k matching
Cons: some offices run late so you are expected to stay late as well.
FMC is a well rounded company, plenty of opportunity for advancement. FMC has several locations in Tampa, Zephyrhills, Land O' Lakes, Trinity, Wesley Chapel and Brandon.
Over worked
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Land O lakesFebruary 25, 2015
The hardest part of my job was the constant flow of work on a daily basis. They need an employee to handle the phone calls alone and an employee to handle the patient care alone.
unfavorable
dermatology medical asst (Former Employee), Land O'LakesDecember 14, 2014
This company will fire you for any reason and not even give you warning...co-workers nasty and back stabbing...and forget the open door policy
Busy and Friendly atmosphere
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Friendly staff, unreasonable compensation, not many opportunities for advancement.
Great company and co workers.
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Great company and co workers. Learned a lot in a short period of time. The hardest part is dealing with the patients and at times management. I enjoy my work schedule and the benefits.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLOctober 15, 2014
Easy to get along with staff
Flexible schedule
Challenging
Courier (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no lunch break
A typical day for me started at 7:20 A.M. and ended at 5:15 P.M. My Task was to deliver all medical/office supplies to each and every office between 2 of us. I learned how to drive professionally through driving 150 miles a day. I only had 6 co workers in my department but I saw and obtained a relationship with over 900 employees. Figured out what they needed and delivered it. Worked on own so I am very independent. I don't have to be told what to do every 5 minutes to understand what needs to be accomplished. This workload became stressful because as the company grew, we had to make more stops. We already had a full schedule and more workload was conducted.
Enjoyed all aspects of my job.
MRI (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 13, 2014
Loved my job and enjoyed working with the elderly patients.
Great learning experience
Check-in/out Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short-breakes
A typical day at work consisted on answering calls, checking in and out patients, making sure all information was accurate in their chart, requested records and labs for both new and follow ups, provided samples of medications to patients that were in need, collected all copays and co-insurance as necessary. Schedule follow ups, confirmed all appointments, verified all insurances and requested referrals if needed. I enjoyed it cause I stay busy most of the time
Productive growing company
medical assistant (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel/Land O LakesApril 16, 2014
Pros: lost of specialist
Cons: no growth
It was a great learning experience. I enjoyed all of my co worker. Florida Medical Clinic has a lot of great and helpful physicians