Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Professional
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2015
Great opportunities to help clients. Co-workers are always willing to help each other and are willing to help individuals receiving services. The healthcare providers are full of knowledge and are very caring for the patient's well-being.
exciting and challenging
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 7, 2015
We promote teamwork which is very important to patient care. Your day is always exciting and challenging. Patient care is always priority
Enjoyable place to work
Ultrasonographer (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to work
Cons: Long commute to work
Busy and productive place to work. Enjoyed the interaction with the radiologists, patients, and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the commute.
Great place to work.
Surgery Coordinator Orthopaedics (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 3, 2015
Great environment. Great physicians and staff. I learned a lot while employed there. I loved learning and working directly with the spine surgeon. My days were always busy with paperwork, phone calls, emails and personal interactions with the patients, physicians and co-workers.
, Medical Assistant (Former Employee), ZephyrhillsMay 1, 2015
Very fun atmosphere to work in. Was a great learning tool to help further my job experience and to learn what type of work I wanted to do. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere to work in.
Best Company to work for
Phelbotomist (Former Employee), zephyrhillsApril 13, 2015
I had the best time working for Florida Medical ! Every one is friendly helpful and hard workers working together to care for patients
Worked on my own
Check In Check Out (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: worked on my own
Answered approximately 60+ telephone calls daily and reported to Doctor patient staus and refill requests. Monitored and processed faxes. Scheduled appointments, created new patient files with demographics, verified insurance. Verified daily appointments. Requested and processed medical record requests. Covered Check in and check out.
Florida medical Clinic is a multiple specialty facility with opportunity for advancement.
Medical Assistant-Floater (Former Employee), All locationsMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, 401k matching
Cons: some offices run late so you are expected to stay late as well.
FMC is a well rounded company, plenty of opportunity for advancement. FMC has several locations in Tampa, Zephyrhills, Land O' Lakes, Trinity, Wesley Chapel and Brandon.
Over worked
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Land O lakesFebruary 25, 2015
The hardest part of my job was the constant flow of work on a daily basis. They need an employee to handle the phone calls alone and an employee to handle the patient care alone.
unfavorable
dermatology medical asst (Former Employee), Land O'LakesDecember 14, 2014
This company will fire you for any reason and not even give you warning...co-workers nasty and back stabbing...and forget the open door policy
Busy and Friendly atmosphere
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
Friendly staff, unreasonable compensation, not many opportunities for advancement.
Great company and co workers.
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Great company and co workers. Learned a lot in a short period of time. The hardest part is dealing with the patients and at times management. I enjoy my work schedule and the benefits.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLOctober 15, 2014
Easy to get along with staff
Flexible schedule
Challenging
Courier (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no lunch break
A typical day for me started at 7:20 A.M. and ended at 5:15 P.M. My Task was to deliver all medical/office supplies to each and every office between 2 of us. I learned how to drive professionally through driving 150 miles a day. I only had 6 co workers in my department but I saw and obtained a relationship with over 900 employees. Figured out what they needed and delivered it. Worked on own so I am very independent. I don't have to be told what to do every 5 minutes to understand what needs to be accomplished. This workload became stressful because as the company grew, we had to make more stops. We already had a full schedule and more workload was conducted.
Enjoyed all aspects of my job.
MRI (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 13, 2014
Loved my job and enjoyed working with the elderly patients.
Great learning experience
Check-in/out Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short-breakes
A typical day at work consisted on answering calls, checking in and out patients, making sure all information was accurate in their chart, requested records and labs for both new and follow ups, provided samples of medications to patients that were in need, collected all copays and co-insurance as necessary. Schedule follow ups, confirmed all appointments, verified all insurances and requested referrals if needed. I enjoyed it cause I stay busy most of the time
Productive growing company
medical assistant (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel/Land O LakesApril 16, 2014
Pros: lost of specialist
Cons: no growth
It was a great learning experience. I enjoyed all of my co worker. Florida Medical Clinic has a lot of great and helpful physicians
Decent Place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Dade City, FLMarch 11, 2014
Good first job. Able to work independently. Hard part was it was the night shift so you have to get adjusted to those hours. Enjoyable part was you could listen to music . There were not many other employees during the shift i worked.
Strong teamwork and Organize
Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: teamwork, positive attitude, confidencial
Cons: healthcare
-We prepare and stock our exam rooms
-Scanned file documents for any paperwork that needs to be put into the computer system
- Assisted with Flu/ Pneumonia Vaccines Clinic
- Brought patients into their rooms, reviewed their vitals, medications, allergies
-Prepared prescription refill requests they need for doctors signature
- Prepared and documented injections of Testosterone, B12 vitamins/ Pro-Crit, Hepatitis A & B
vaccines, Depo- Medrol, Rocephin, T-dap, and Toradol
- Experience with Pre-OP, EKGs, Spirometer, Port Flush and Pap Smear
- Assisted with any doctors that needed coverage
- Established new patients with their past medical history, surgeries they've had, their social/ family
history, as well as consent forms
- Urinalysis, Strep-Test and Pregnancy In-house Labs
-Strong teamwork
-The hardest part about my job is talking with the patients on the phone because I am hard-of-hearing.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the injections since I am very comfortable with it.
Corporate attitude
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2013
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: corporate attitude towards thing can seem a bit cold at times
Lots of employee incentives such as bonus', gift cards and inter company accolades, great holiday party thrown each year for the employees in a swanky environment. They have a wonderful patient base with lots of nice people and my favorite part of the job was being able to work closely and develop genuine trusting relationships with the patients.