Florida Orthopaedic Institute Employee Reviews

World class physicians, great learning opportunity
Clinic Authorizations Rep. (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLOctober 14, 2012
Responsible for benefits and authorization of all ordered testing. There are 5 schedules in total, so time management and good communication between co-workers is a must. I gained most of my insurance knowledge with this company and believe it is a great place to start. The co-workers I have are fantastic, like family . Management can be difficult to navigate.
The most difficult part of this job is to keep on schedule and make deadlines while also problem solving with outlying departments as well as patients. I do enjoy it a great deal however. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing you are able to help someone, to make a difference for them, everyday.
Pros
wonderful co-workers, physicians that are happy to share knowledge
Cons
benfits package
Great orthopedic physcians and wonderful co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2015
Fast paced and high volume clinics that utilizes CR, DR and analog radiologic equipment. I have become an expert with these systems and some medical assistant duties. The physicians and management team has always been fair and compassionate. The teamwork at FOI has been second to none, very caring and always fun. I really enjoy helping our patients and getting to know them as they go through the process of recovery.
Pros
World class physicians and caring management
Cons
Low availabilty for advancement
Flexible
CMA (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 25, 2014
The team I specifically work with has clinic 3 days a week which are busy filled with about 50 patients in a day. Appts include pre-ops, post-ops, fracture care and different muscle/ligament/tendon tears. The other 2 days of the week consist of chart prep. Because the 3 clinic days run into a 9 1/2- 10 hr days, the 2 chart prep days allow me to leave early which makes this company pretty flexible. I enjoy all the people I work with. Everyone is very friendly and personable.
Pros
flexible schedule, great team i work with, enjoy my duties.
Cons
some management, having to float sometimes.
excellent orthopaedic care
NCMA and Admin. Assistant / Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLDecember 27, 2012
multi-tasking, provide patient care, prioritize work to give efficient patient care, team work

learned new up tp date orthopedic care/ better customer service skills

some team players

busy sports medicine practice-Muti-tasking many duties

flexable hours
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
more upper management interaction with staff
Insurance/Patient Collections and billing
Insurance/Patient Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLAugust 13, 2012
Really learned alot about CPT codes and modifers needed to assure claims were correct when rebilled. Also processed all denials, appeals and refunds to insurance carriers. the most enjoyable part was when I got claims processed and paid. knowing I did my job very well and accurate.
No yearly raises and expensive health insurance with high deductibles
N/a (Current Employee) –  TampaJanuary 17, 2013
At FOI they are very busy but no raises for employees. They see everyone as replaceable. The politics r ridiculous here. Supervisors hire friends and family and promote them no matter what. I would not recommend working here. They don't play fair!
Pros
it's a jon
Cons
no pay raises and horrible benefits
Poor management
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2015
Poor management, with no incentives and horrible benefits. The only good benefits they offer are PTO hours. My co-workers I work with are the reason I lasted so long. Management is horrible, and they only care about themselves (not their employees) and they see everyone as replaceable.
Pros
PTO hours
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 31, 2015
It is a great place to volunteer, especially if you want to pursue a career in PT or OT. The staff was very friendly and even gave tips on how to be a better PT or OT, I did it as part of a soul searching experience when I was in college to find out what job I really wanted to do.
Pros
Friendly staff, Learn new things
Duties
Workers Comp Rep (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJune 2, 2013
I worked in a small department with 6 other women and one team lader and one manager....was constantly busy doing registration and keeping graphs on patients who had reached MMI and now had a copay
somewhat productive
Disability Forms Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2014
secraterial forms specialist , processed work comp forms for employees needing more time out of work based on the providers reviews of patients injuries.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good people to work with.
Auth Rep/Collector (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLApril 15, 2013
I met and enjoyed working with some wonderful people. Everyone worked as a team.
Pros
good company, good hours, good pay
Cons
management intimidation to employees
Productive and Fun
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the end of a difficult situation resolve the problem. The patients day will now be better.
Could be better
Medical Assistant/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2014
A lot of responsibility without the recognition. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
what you learned
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2012
Everyday at work I learned a great deal about myself and my capabilities.
High turnover
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLDecember 13, 2012
High rate of turnover in all departments. In a high traffic area, limited staff parking