Florida Orthopaedic Institute Employee Reviews

Reliable workplace
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2017
Depending on your position there, you are never without work to do.
Management styles could be better but they are not unbearable.
There is always an abundance of work to so because; lets be honest, the patients are what drives our work
Competitive Pay/Great work environment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33637June 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. They pay rate was competitive with the current job market. Management was nice & helped out when needed, watched out for us. It was a positive work environment.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Dale MabryMay 24, 2017
Florida Ortho is was a nice place to work . I work with a Staffing agent.
To cover a co-worker to have a baby. They dint have any position available at the time I work there.
Team Work Enviroment
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
Pro: Provides you with a team work and team building environment. FOI is affiliated with the best orthopaedic doctors in the Tampa Bay area.
Cons: Pay scale and salary raises.
Too bad so sad
Certified coder (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Worked in business office and dreaded going into work, they hire professionals only to micro manage and not hear thoughts and opinions. Favoritism amongst subordinates is prominent. I really wanted to try to make the best of being there but if you do the fit in the management team makes you feel unwelcome.
Pros
Competetive salary, some nice people, perfect platform to learn alot about orthopedic procedures
Cons
Belittle employees and need new training protocols.
busy sport's medicine practice
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Good work environment. We typically see 70 patients daily combining per operative consults and post operative patients. Surgery is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very fast pace enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Florida Orthopaedic Institute, but the management need to consider the employees better. Give them better opportunities to grow within the practice.
Pros
Flexible hours and locations.
Cons
Provides poor benefit to the employees.
Business office is not recommended
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2016
Their retention rate is horrible, they hire professionals and then micromanage every aspect of your day to day functions and are not open to suggestions. They are out dated in their procedures and when you suggest a new way or procedure, they view that as you "challenging or being combative". The morale is depressing and we aren't allowed to communicate with co-workers business related or not.
Workers are loving
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2016
Co workers are great. I enjoyed everyday I worked there. Talking with patients and taking care of them was wonderful. The job was very busy and fast paced. Uniform was worn everyday.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Pay low, management in experienced
stepping stone
Work Compensation Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2016
FOI was just a stepping stone to gain the experience for 6 months in scheduling Work Comp patients.

worked 8-5 sometimes very slow
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
N/a
Very busy orthopedic facility with very talented Doctors
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
I learned how to handle my self in very stressful situations and keep the Doctors office running smoothly. From checking in and out patients and everything that goes with that, to keeping the patients calm when the drs would get behind.
Pros
Helping people, free lunches from the medical reps
Cons
benefits, huge company sometimes to big for individual patient attention, for me far home
I have worked here for 9yrs
Preop interview Nurse (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FL 33637April 26, 2016
I like my job and duties the most difficult task is getting patients to divulge their health history. I have a private office and enjoy the window greatly!
Pros
breaks
Cons
potential change in schedule
productive and friendly work enviroment
Physical Therapy Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me majority of the time was pleasurable I had a great staff of about 15 people. I over saw 4 locations and each office with different personalities as well as work ethics, some more involving than others on a daily basis. I helped guided each office on a daily bases but not to where I had to directly micromanage, my team was very independent so the offices majority of the time ranned very smoothly. The hardest part of my job was always making sure I was fair to everyone and know one felt I was showing any type of favoritism. the most enjoyable part of my day was just being able to properly communicate with my team and knowing I had great staff who I could count on, on a daily basis and just that neutral form of respect we had for one another.
productive work place, constant employee retention, employees are not valued and appreciated much,must practiced continuos education
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
Experienced a fast-paced environment with a very diverse background, must adapt to changes and working under pressure, catering to all the physicians requests and needs, handling confidential documents/records, while administering and providing quality patient care for adults and pediatrics.
Pros
flexibilities in schedules, doctors provide free lunches, free uniforms
Cons
leaving early, rotation between locations, pay rates must be re-evaluated
Therapy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
Florida Orthopaedic is a welcoming, productive, and innovative company to work for. I've worked for over a year and still love it as much as I did the day I started.
Tough enviroment
Collection Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJanuary 11, 2016
FOI micro manages its staff. They do not allow employees to voice concerns or think outside the box to improve the company or morale.
Poor management
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2015
Poor management, with no incentives and horrible benefits. The only good benefits they offer are PTO hours. My co-workers I work with are the reason I lasted so long. Management is horrible, and they only care about themselves (not their employees) and they see everyone as replaceable.
Pros
PTO hours
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 31, 2015
It is a great place to volunteer, especially if you want to pursue a career in PT or OT. The staff was very friendly and even gave tips on how to be a better PT or OT, I did it as part of a soul searching experience when I was in college to find out what job I really wanted to do.
Pros
Friendly staff, Learn new things
Cons
Great orthopedic physcians and wonderful co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2015
Fast paced and high volume clinics that utilizes CR, DR and analog radiologic equipment. I have become an expert with these systems and some medical assistant duties. The physicians and management team has always been fair and compassionate. The teamwork at FOI has been second to none, very caring and always fun. I really enjoy helping our patients and getting to know them as they go through the process of recovery.
Pros
World class physicians and caring management
Cons
Low availabilty for advancement
Productive and Fun
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the end of a difficult situation resolve the problem. The patients day will now be better.