Florida Pest Control

Florida Pest Control Employee Reviews

Favorite Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I enjoyed working with the public, I loved to learn about new ways to treat and prevent General Household insects and termites
Good money once you have been there a while
Tech (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: bonuses and employee lunches
Cons: communication is a problem
Must be able to work on your own. Can be a fun and rewarding occupation.
Great opportunity.
Exterminator for homes (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fair and offers great experience.
Cons: hard work, modest pay. time consuming long days.
Pest control is a stepping stone job providing excellent job experience. Generally if exterminating is one's calling people get a license and go off on their own. A typical work day is great if one runs their own extermination route as I did as we set our own schedule and therefor make as much money as we can efficiently and effectively manage it. I considered my four years plus at FPC to be my equivalent to military service in that it required much discipline and obedience to orders. There was a fair amount of turnover as people went on to better jobs plus those not ready to perform did not last. The fact I lasted so long was great. At my next job they told me to slow down! FPC is demanding and fair.
needs improvment
Termite Inspector/lawn tech/ghp tech (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 17, 2014
the company in itself has drifted away from quality of work to quantity, micro managed, and really just feel like your only a number to them
unfair management
Route Driver/Pest Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: independent work
Cons: unfair management
• General Household Pest Technician for commercial and residential property.
• Installed Sentricon to prevent termites.
• Completed termite inspections.
• Generated invoices, collected payment from customers on a daily basis.
• Built positive customer relationships with primary contacts at each appointment.
• Resolved service issues.
It was a business
Termite Technician (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Not really a lot to say, it was a businesses that did its best to reward those who worked hard and treated people fairly to the beast of its ability
The Lowe's emplyment
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 2, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with were helpful.
Cons: i did not like the sexually dircted coments made t me
I like working there the Girls in the office was great, and my Supervisor, Patty was A great person, she was very helpful, I was the only person to work late most nights, because I had to reset all the tills for the next day and Make deposits for the day.

March 11, 2015

Appears to be a comment about Lowes, not Florida Pest Control

Pest Exterminator (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJune 12, 2013
I would work a regular 8-10 hour day and I would do the jobs that i was assigned to do for that day. Every job was something different. I had to communicate and interact with a bunch of people.
goos place to work
Termite Department Secertary (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 5, 2013
Pros: good bennifits
Cons: all the sex comments that was enough to make me puke.
I was my own boss, Termite Department Secretary, I new what had to be done and I did it to the best of my ability. anything worth doing is worth doing well, I dont like to have to go back and redo it but I always double check my work. and orders for my guys to complete that day.
Fun place to work.
GHP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJuly 21, 2012
Pros: excellent knowledge of bugs and their habitats.
Cons: working in the heat.
Definitely a different place to work. I started as a secretary and wanted to try something different so I spoke to my boss and he let me work as a general house pest control technician. I really loved this position. Even though it was labor intensive, it put me out with the general public. Our manager wanted us to treat our routes as if they were our own businesses and that is exactly what I did. I was the only female pest control technician and I felt that I had to show those boys that a girl could do it better. I was able to manage my own route. I had my own accounts. I sold products to my customers. I recruited new customers. I had to get into a lot of dirty attic spaces and underneath a lot of dirty crawlspaces, but I learned a lot and had a lot of fun and gained a lot of knowledge that I still use in my everyday life. Now, can I say that I like bugs? I wouldn't go that far! But, would I not work in this field again? I would love to work in this field again if given the chance!
haveing your own truck to drive
TERMITE TEC (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJune 12, 2012
Pros: meeting and helping the coustomers
Cons: working outside during tropical storms
the people i worked with were great we worked together and helped eachother.
A family atmosphere with wonderful guidance and encouragement
Office Staff (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 25, 2012
Pros: working with wonderful professional people
Cons: the computers could be updated a bit
There is nothing that I dislike about the job, people, or environment. There is something new to do everyday and it keeps things fresh and interesting.

June 5, 2013

When I worked for them we didnt have computers in our office,we had tons of printouts that were sent for us to work off of. I ended up having to get glasses because of the staining on my eyes. It sure would have been nice if we had computers.

About Florida Pest Control

OUR COMPANY Our Family Serving Yours Since 1949 Dempsey Sapp, Sr., founded Florida Pest Control & Chemical Co. on September – Read more