Florida Pest Control

Florida Pest Control Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Solid ethical company
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2016
Good benefits with a pension program, however pay is on lower end of industry. No company vehicle. 7am-6pm are the expected hours weekly.
Pros
Employee lunch, pension program, bonus
Cons
work hours, no company vehicle
Awesome company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 4, 2015
This company really appreciates its employee's by not only providing more time off than any company I have ever known but also by providing a monthly lunch. The management and employees are great at the Ocala office. We laugh and have fun in between knocking out our daily work. If you are a hard worker who takes pride in what u do...Then this is your home away from home.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Monthly Lunches
Cons
Not every customer is nice
Pest Control
Sale's Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLNovember 6, 2015
Meeting with customers on a daily basis for pest control issues. filling out customers proposals and handling cash, checks and credit cards.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Door Knocking
not a place if you want to make alot of money
Certified Termite and WDO Inspector/sales (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2014
A company that insist on overtime but runs overtime thru the farm tax so payment is not what you expect. Very disciminatory towards females. I was in sales the lead system was not fairly distributed. Not the money I was promised in interview was there 18 mths. 2 year non compete but don't seem to enforce to managers that leave.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long long hours 13+
Favorite Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with the public, I loved to learn about new ways to treat and prevent General Household insects and termites
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good money once you have been there a while
Tech (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Must be able to work on your own. Can be a fun and rewarding occupation.
Pros
bonuses and employee lunches
Cons
communication is a problem
Great opportunity.
Exterminator for homes (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pest control is a stepping stone job providing excellent job experience. Generally if exterminating is one's calling people get a license and go off on their own. A typical work day is great if one runs their own extermination route as I did as we set our own schedule and therefor make as much money as we can efficiently and effectively manage it. I considered my four years plus at FPC to be my equivalent to military service in that it required much discipline and obedience to orders. There was a fair amount of turnover as people went on to better jobs plus those not ready to perform did not last. The fact I lasted so long was great. At my next job they told me to slow down! FPC is demanding and fair.
Pros
fair and offers great experience.
Cons
hard work, modest pay. time consuming long days.
needs improvment
Termite Inspector/lawn tech/ghp tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 17, 2014
the company in itself has drifted away from quality of work to quantity, micro managed, and really just feel like your only a number to them
It was a business
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Not really a lot to say, it was a businesses that did its best to reward those who worked hard and treated people fairly to the beast of its ability
The Lowe's emplyment
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 2, 2013
I like working there the Girls in the office was great, and my Supervisor, Patty was A great person, she was very helpful, I was the only person to work late most nights, because I had to reset all the tills for the next day and Make deposits for the day.
Pros
The People I worked with were Helpful.
Cons
I did not like the Sexually Dircted Coments made t me

Comment – December 31, 1969

Appears to be a comment about Lowes, not Florida Pest Control

Pest Exterminator (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 12, 2013
I would work a regular 8-10 hour day and I would do the jobs that i was assigned to do for that day. Every job was something different. I had to communicate and interact with a bunch of people.
goos place to work
Termite Department Secertary (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 5, 2013
I was my own boss, Termite Department Secretary, I new what had to be done and I did it to the best of my ability. anything worth doing is worth doing well, I dont like to have to go back and redo it but I always double check my work. and orders for my guys to complete that day.
Pros
good bennifits
Cons
all the sex comments that was enough to make me puke.
Fun place to work.
GHP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 21, 2012
Definitely a different place to work. I started as a secretary and wanted to try something different so I spoke to my boss and he let me work as a general house pest control technician. I really loved this position. Even though it was labor intensive, it put me out with the general public. Our manager wanted us to treat our routes as if they were our own businesses and that is exactly what I did. I was the only female pest control technician and I felt that I had to show those boys that a girl could do it better. I was able to manage my own route. I had my own accounts. I sold products to my customers. I recruited new customers. I had to get into a lot of dirty attic spaces and underneath a lot of dirty crawlspaces, but I learned a lot and had a lot of fun and gained a lot of knowledge that I still use in my everyday life. Now, can I say that I like bugs? I wouldn't go that far! But, would I not work in this field again? I would love to work in this field again if given the chance!
Pros
excellent knowledge of bugs and their habitats.
Cons
working in the heat.
haveing your own truck to drive
TERMITE TEC (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJune 12, 2012
the people i worked with were great we worked together and helped eachother.
Pros
meeting and helping the coustomers
Cons
working outside during tropical storms
A family atmosphere with wonderful guidance and encouragement
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 25, 2012
There is nothing that I dislike about the job, people, or environment. There is something new to do everyday and it keeps things fresh and interesting.
Pros
working with wonderful professional people
Cons
the computers could be updated a bit