Florida Physicians Medical Group Employee Reviews

Awesome physician
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 25, 2017
Most physicians associated with Florida Physicians Medical Group are knowledgeable and extremely competent at what they do. I would not hesitate to take my mother there for healthcare services.
Not what it's cracked up to be
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 22, 2017
Florida Hospital itself is a great company. But I cannot say the same about Florida Hospital Medical Group. I regret leaving my previous job for this place. I've been there for three months and I'm already applying outside of the company. You cannot even park on the workplace premises. You have to park in parking garages on certain floors. They initiate tickets, tow your vehicle or put a boot. They will terminate you over that as well.
Benefits
Cons
Under pay, over-worked, cannot move up or within.
Don't do it
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2017
I thought this would be the perfect job for me. Guess what, I was wrong. I was expected to know how to do things on my 2nd day as if I had been there for years. They build you up in "training" at their corporate office and then the ball drops when you get to your actual clinic.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Management is out of touch.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FlApril 25, 2017
Worked in Highlands County for management who never bothered to learn enough about the medical practices and how they are run, yet created laughable rules and standards that governed them. Management cares about themselves.
Pros
Coworkers ard great.
Cons
Management was a joke.
No one gets to move up
Coder (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 18, 2017
Nobody gets a chance to move up. Nobody, regardless of education or certificates, gets to see their career goals achieved even though they say in recruitment that they value your career. Total lies. Every decent promotion goes to someone outside the company. Growth is impossible no matter who you know. Management is overall pretty terrible. Their processes are time consuming and ineffective. If you care about advancing your career they don't meet your desires equally.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
They dont value anyone, too top heavy. and pay is awful
Office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 4, 2017
Worked for this cOm pant for very long time. They do not respect their employees and they do not promote within often. They only appreciate the providers and none of the staff that works for them.
Pros
Different locations
Cons
Pay. Appreciation
Great place to work, great people
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2017
Had to complete all dictation within 24 hour. Learned medical receptionist duties. In psychiatry i got to meet and help very interesting people. This job was very fulfilling. We were like a family.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes dictation is difficult when accents are strong
Fpmg
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2016
Currently going through restructuring, this organization is difficult to move around in and does not provide a stable work environment. Pay is very low for Office Managers.
Pros
Tons of different practices to move to
Cons
Poor leadership structure, poor pay
A wonderful working environment
Refund clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 10, 2015
This company was wonderful and extremely helpful to me. All of my coworkers and management were willing to help in any problems I had encountered. The management team was considerate of the employees needs.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
Office nurse at Primary care office
Nurse in primary care office (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 17, 2013
Typical day: Logging into computer, test controls on equipment, call patients back about questions or concerns, scan lab into EMR system. Call and treat pt for abnormal test. Answer and address any task that have been sent by other staff concerning patients. Room Patients ( vital signs, complaints, review medication ), entering information into patients chart. Cleaning rooms. Prepare procedures. Order any labs or radiology pt that are seen need. Continue between patients to address phone calls and task. Check the faxes and address faxing ( which can be medication refills, records releases, consult notes or test results). Filing charts. Helping schedule appointments. Order supplies and medications.
What I have learned at that position is how to adapt to all different ages of patients. Give vaccines and physicals.
I feel management for the most part are helpful and work to make a better work environment.
My coworkers and I got along great no problems.
The hardest part of my job would be dealing with drug seeking patients.
The most enjoyable part of my jobs patient care,patient education and watching them get better with time and treatment.
Maintained patient check out flow for busy doctor office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2013
Answered phones, made patient flow up appointments for a busy five doctor physician office.
Great work environment
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Great experience in working with different Physicians and learning about different practices and specialties
entergetic ,awesome enviorment
X-Ray / Bone Density Tech. / Medical Asst (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 17, 2012
fast paced, entergetic,always something to do, your own job or helping others.
team work is a must
there to help
co-workers were awesome
dealing with really horrible injuries[life threating]
something new every day
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
meeting some really negitive people