Florida Power & Light

Florida Power & Light Employee Reviews

Great benefits, hard to advance
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Job Security, Hard to advance
Great benefits, decent pay, I found it hard to advance within the company. Job security was not there which was a big negative. Company makes millions of dollars but are very cheap when it comes to certain departments. Management was decent but changed a lot. Co-workers were great.
policies override common sense here..work is rarely ever designed or set up in advance for crews to complete their jobs
senior line specialist (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLMarch 27, 2015
I worked for nearly 20 years for fpl and I must say that overall crews get along great but it always seemed to fall on the crews shoulders to clear obsticles rather than just showing up and in a productive manner performing your job
N/A
Fleet Sr. Nuclear Plant Technician (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLMarch 20, 2015
I loved working with FPL Nuclear Division. I only left because of a position I was offered that increased my income and promised diversity and a chance to experience more challenges.
n/a
Billing Supervisor/Energy Efficiency Consultant (Former Employee), FLMarch 17, 2015
For the period of time that I worked there, it was good. I do not agree with some of their policies and the way they treat and fire people.Thats all.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to work never boring. I have learned a lot from working there. Great people and a productive environment. It's great helping the public with their needs. Great customer service is a must.
Every workday was stressful with the burdens placed on the middle managers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Florida City, Fl.February 6, 2015
FP&L executive management lacked the necessary goals and incentives to make a significant improvement in employee performance!
Great place to expand your skills
Sr. .Net Developer (Current Employee), Juno Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: latest technologies and great projects
Cons: converting to full-time can be a challenge
In the two years of being a contractor, I've been trusted to expand, not only my knowledge, but the knowledge and skillsets of my peers. FP&L has a diverse working environment, with people from all walks of life, but each and every one is skilled and works a team to get the job done.

When you leave for the day, you feel accomplished.

When you retire, you will be missed.

The best place to work in West Palm Beach.
loved it, Company always willing to further education
Inventory Services Specialist/Parts (Former Employee), FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: n/a
I loved this company, they helped guide me in any direction I wanted to go in my career. I started off as a secretary and ended up managing my own parts room for the west palm beach area garages.
Any time I wanted to learn something new, all I had to do is ask.
I was the only female in the company state wide to hold the title Technician Associate, one of two females to run my own parts room and there were probably 5 females (myself included) to work in the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job is I got along with everyone and made to great friends.
Your Stuck There
Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefit
Cons: horrible scheduling
Your advancement is only limited to how much management likes you. May hardworking people do not advance unless they become good friends with upper management
FPL
Procedure Writer Lead (Former Employee), FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay and work environment
Cons: budgetary issues
Long term job, as a supervisor and procedure writer. Co-workers were excellent. Very good working conditions. Budget problems were the hardest thing to deal with.
Client: Florida Power & Light, Titusville, FL
Java Developer/Consultant (Former Employee), Titusville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
FPL is one of the largest power supply utilities companies in the US. OCS(Outage Consolidation Service)is a Web based application which allows FPL’s customer service representatives to verify service outage. Complaints from customers are received in the form of Trouble Tickets and are stored in the Database. They are assigned to each representative by the Auto-assign feature considering their workload. The representative then verifies the data on each ticket and screens the system via the map viewer. He/she signals all the loops in that area to detect any cuts in the circuit. If he/she detects a cut, he/she forwards the ticket to the emergency contact field engineer to take the necessary action to restore the service
Great place to work.
Streetlight Surveyor (Former Employee), FLJanuary 12, 2015
Gather GPS locations. Co-workers were very pleasant to work with and very helpful in the training process. Company was very Flexible, to situations that may have came up.
Great Place to work
Temporary Meter Electrician B (Current Employee), Oakland Park, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Great advancement opportunities. Company cares about its employees. Management works out issues in a timely manner.
Good company to work for
Production Lead Technician (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: job instability, management overturn, unsanitary office.
Safety is always number one in all aspects of work and enjoyed working with the crew. The most enjoyable part of any job is the success of job completion. I have learned much about budgets and financials and safety within the company. The hardest part of the job was having the ability to advance to a higher level and was involved with training employees who had less experience.
Secure and challenging work environment
Associate Business Analysis (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits and job security
Cons: lack of open communication, poor corporate culture
Many daily task are mundane with little variation. There are many learning opportunities through workshops offered internally and externally. Management has been perceived as under-valuing employees since getting promotions are quite difficult. Co-workers under the same supervisor get along well, but outside of that they are isolated. Communication across departments is weak which makes some projects hard to accomplish. The most enjoyable part is the collaboration on project with direct co-workers.
customer call center
billing supervisor/ customer care rep (Former Employee), west palm beach, flNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pension plan
Cons: management failed to resolve a lot of employee issues
I loved my job and I took it very seriously, although I was treated unfairly at times along with other co-workers of mine who left under unfair circumstances.
Customer Service (Former Employee), FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: hurricane season hours for some
Fun place to work not so much stress. Great management. Very understanding of ones personal affairs and are willing to work with you.
FPL is a great company to work for.
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: room for growth, benefits.
Cons: most of the work load depend on the weather.
A diverse work environment. Great people to work with. There is always room for growth.
productive and fun place to work
Java Developer (Former Employee), Juno Beach, FLOctober 20, 2014
fun place to work , strict timings , lot of working hours , small team and lot of learning
NextEra
College Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 10, 2014
Great company, management is always very involved and on top of the latest technology. Would love to have an opportunity to work for them again.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Power & Light

Florida Power & Light (FPL) sheds extra light onto the Sunshine State. The company, a subsidiary of utility holding company NextEra – Read more

Florida Power & Light Salaries