FLORIDA PUBLIC UTILITIES Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Overall great workplace where the employees are treated well.
DISTRICT MANAGER PROPANE OPS (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2015
Florida Public Utilities was a great work place. Upper Management cares about the employees and are clear when communicating updates on company directives.

My daily duties included meeting with vendors, contractors, and regulatory agencies regularly in order to ensure efficacious operation of the business unit. Managed 25 employees including, Propane Truck drivers, Technicians, and clerks.

My designated area stretched from Melbourne Florida to Miami, including 4 Bulk storage facilities grossing over 330,000 gallons of Propane and over 8,000 customers. One of these facilities was a terminal from which wholesale gas was lifted.

Much of my time was dedicated to managing the storage facilities infrastructure, approving invoices and payrolls, and analyzing reporting and P&L's to ensure proper functionality, safety, and profitability.

Yearly gross margins at this location hovered around $10 Million dollars a year.
Pros
Fast Paced Work Environment, Benefits Package, company vehicle
Cons
Compromised work life balance, Little accountability
Great company to work for owever the location is the key
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work started at 8am, plugged into the phones. The calls were continuous and at times fast paced which was fantastic.

Learned so much about our power resources from Natural Gas, oil and electricity. The knowledge gained was incredible. Just learning about the different sources and how we were able to get them to customers and the ratings and etc...

I was hired to take Emergency calls and collections however ended up starting new service, budget billing, terminating service and setting up payment arrangements and many more things, all of which were great learning experiences.
Pros
very easy to speak with management, location was very nice and majority of employees were very welcoming and polite.
Cons
not always condusive for learning in immediate office, questions were not welcomed
Fun workplace but (OLD) Management can make it very difficult at times.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2014
8am-4:30pm
Civil Engineering and Roadway Design, Managed As-Built Department
Management Department....... Micro-Managed to a fault
Co-Workers were fun, very work oriented, decisive problem solvers
Dealing with Micro-Management was very hard
Being the go to guy for the As-Built process, being on top of my game (sort to speak). Also going into the field was very enjoyable to see my work first hand.
Pros
great employees to do business with
Cons
bad micro-managing, you can get confused with who's work to do: supervisor, manager, or gm.....
Customer Service Orientated
Marketing Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2014
Always learning of new guidelines.
Always be prepared for unexpected changes.
Management is always for the company.
Dedicated to their work.
Keeping up the constant changes
Learning
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 30, 2012
Good palce to work and learn the natural gas industry. Good management good co-workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun working with nice people
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, Fl.May 2, 2012
Great Job and people to work with. I wish I didn't have to leave because of a Family medical emergency. I miss my coworkers and the city I lived in.
Gas Company
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  DeBary, FLJanuary 16, 2014
This was a very friendly and clean office. The people there were very happy and helpful all the time. It was a very good environment to work in.
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2012
Love working for Florida Public, a great place with great people!!!