Florida Rock & Tank Lines Inc., a division of Patriot Transportation, Inc., is a southeastern transportation company concentrating in hauling by motor carrier of liquid petroleum products and dry bulk commodities. We currently have an opening for a Terminal Manager in our Montgomery, AL location. The TM will be responsible for about 30 drivers/employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the overall profitability, financial soundness, safety and operational development of trucking terminal.
- Directs and coordinates activities of terminal; confers with subordinate management in formulating administrative and operational policies & procedures.
- Ensures optimum use of equipment, facilities, personnel and training.
- Analyses financial and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and assists upper and subordinate management in the development of annual budgets.
- Approves requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies within limits of operations budget.
- Enforces strict compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, governmental and environmental policies. Directs investigations into causes of customer or shipper complaints.
- Regularly reviews operational records, reports, manuals, company directives and government regulations to detect deviations from operational practices and prepares directives to eliminate infractions.
- Reviews shipper’s accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts
- Responsible to assure shop maintenance/operations are in compliance with internal company policy for maintenance, housekeeping, and safety. Preventative maintenance on all equipment must be maintained and coordinated to stay within company guidelines.
- On-call 24/7 for Terminal/Dispatch support.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong oral presentation skills required
- Strong to intermediate computer skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent discretion and judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 2 years transportation and/or fuel experience required
- 2 year college degree preferred, but not required