Florida Southern College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Career Start
Assistant Athletic Director for Development (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 16, 2016
Florida Southern College is my alma mater and where I got my start in the work force. Being able to remain in athletics (I played on the baseball team) and raise money for the athletic department, annual fund, and for major capital improvements allowed me to gain a tremendous amount of experience and develop skills I otherwise my not have.
Excellent
Education internship (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 3, 2016
Learned what I needed to learn, offered leadership and working with other under many circumstances. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntle parents or students but it also allowed me to learn how to deal with these situations in a positive manner
Good school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 22, 2015
The school is student centered and employs excellent professionals for all aspects of the school's mission.

I worked part time at a distance learning center and was pleased with the response to problems, fairness, and with keeping us in the school's information loop despite being more than 100 miles from the actual campus. Co workers were friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience at FSC. The staff and students are a big part of making the environment so enjoyable. I would recommend a job as an Adjunct Professor
Work-Study
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 21, 2015
Decent job for a full-time student who needs a source of income. No more than three hours per shift working Monday-Thursday nights. My supervisor was excellent and I got along well with most of my co-workers. It was a very laid back environment since we were all college students.
Awesome workplace
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FloridaAugust 5, 2015
Great bosses and coworkers. Really accommodate to your class schedule and work with you. Such great people to work with.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
College job
Really Relaxed and Fun
Student Aide / Roux Library (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2015
Some of the best people I've ever worked with (also a couple of the worst, but they're manageable.)! Really relaxed environment, understanding about time constraints. No real opportunities for advancement, but that's because it's work study, so that makes sense.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Productive and Fun Place to work
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2015
Work was always fun because sports were always changing and learned a lot about sports rules and how to manage conflict. Working with management and coworkers were always a pleasure, the group was a tight knit group and everyone was a family.
This internship helped me with my practical skills about Microsoft Tools and analyzing data
Database Manager Intern / Institutional Research (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 24, 2014
For the internship, I normally organized and analyzed survey data from database. After that, I wrote a report to tell my manager that what Florida Southern College did great in last year and what the college should improve in that next year. I have learned a lot about Microfsoft Tools from this internship. The hardest part of this internship was dealing with the differences between the knowledge I had learned from college and practical job.
Florida Southern is a wonderful place to work.
Associate Professor/ Mental Health Nursing (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 28, 2014
I spent a lot of time on the campus because it was a wonderful environment. I truly enjoyed being with the students and my friends on the faculty. I often ate at the campus dining room where I was able to informally chat with the students. It provided a place that was non-threatening and the students really opened up and shared. I learned a lot about each student that I wouldn't have known.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being with the students.
Pros
campus is beautiful
Cons
too many commitees for me.

Want to know more about Florida Southern College?

Ask a question
Great Job, family style workplace, great management
Intramural Supervisor, Official, Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2014
The Wellness Center at Florida Southern was a great job, all the management was very helpful they would help you with anything you needed weather it was a simple question or running a research project. The opportunity for advancement was good as well, if you are a good employee then you can become a supervisor within a year and with that comes more money and more responsibility. They are also very flexible with schedule whether you want to work 40 hours a week or 15 hours a week and they also give you extra work opportunities if needed. The Wellness center was like a family everyone knew each other and helped each other even in other departments.
Pros
advancement opportunities and work experience
Cons
work study job
Friendly and professional institution.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2012
I cannot believe I have already worked for Florida Southern College for over 11 years. They are wonderful to work with. Each workshop coordinator treated me with the utmost regard. I am always pleased to facilitate a class for them.
Pros
accomidates my class needs.
Cons
none.
A great place to start a career, not make it a career.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 9, 2014
FSC was a definite learning experience. I learned value in education during my tenure there. I knew that I needed an education because that was the only way I could make above minimum wage.
Pros
good people to work with and learn from
Cons
extremely low pay.
wonderful place to grow
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 1, 2014
I was a RA for a year before I transferred to ga. No pay of course, but great experience. Lovely school. nice staff. and training is very helpful during real world events; inside and outside the work place.
Pros
great staff and strainning
Cons
cant think of any
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  lakeland floridaOctober 2, 2013
My duties are to ensure the safety of all students and staff at florida southern college. I also do reports on any incident that occurs at the college.
Productive, Community Oriented Workplace
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 22, 2014
Pros
Overall great environment to work in. Students and faculty are very friendly and respectful to company policy.
Cons
Limited hours of work for student staff.
Fun environment to work in, however very time consuming
coach/ player (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FlDecember 3, 2011
Overall it was a great experience. The team helped each other to maintain a level head throughout the grueling hours.
Pros
great environment
Cons
time consuming
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MILITARY SCIENCE (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Vibrant campus with committed faculty and students. ROTC program is one of the best in the country.
Excellent Place to teach
Pharmacology & Health Assessment Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland FLAugust 23, 2012
Student body can be a bit overwhelming but the staff is great and the assistance they provide is wonderful
Fun place to work!
Front Desk/Intramural Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 1, 2013
Great boss, awesome wellness center with great perks to working there. just wish it wasn't in Lakeland

4.4