Florida Southern College Employee Reviews

A great place to work and grow
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 7, 2017
Wonderful environment with a fun culture. Beautiful architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright and small classes. Students are provided excellent internship opportunities.
Pros
Free use of wellness center
Great
Greenhouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2017
This is a great company for a great cause. The cause is to include all people whether typical or nontypical into a normal and functional environment while facilitating a nurturing environment.
enjoy working there
Clinic nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my current position as a nurse for FLorida Southern College. I love working with the students and being completely independent with decision making.
Pros
work hours
Cons
salary
Under appreciated staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 10, 2017
No job training available, staff are not appreciated, building very old and environment inside in many of the building are unhealthy. Campus landscaping is beautiful, large Frank Wright Architecture but too many building need upkeep. Faculty are treated much better than staff.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
staff not appreciated
Great Place to Work
GAME WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2017
Florida Southern College hired me as a game worker. This included setting up, breaking down, and doing other activities to make game day go smooth for college athletics. The co-workers are more like a family than people you are forced to be around. Great place to work.
Supportive and hard working staff
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 22, 2017
Was fully supported by athletic administration and head coaches. Covered athletic training one morning a week and provided care and practice coverage in the afternoons. Traveling was based on sport assignment. Contacted team physicians directly and attended all appointments with athletes.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2017
Learned skills such as pool care and how to take care of injured pool-goers. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to come to work and see people that I knew personally on a day-to day basis.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Boring sometimes
Great schools
Adult and Graduate Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Great work environment, learning opportunities and growth within schools. Travel required, but flexible and perk to continue your education. Highly recommended
Personal growth was encouraged by management...
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Personal growth was encouraged by management to include job skills growth. Arrangement also supported the acquiring of licensing as it applied to your career.
Nice place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33801January 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students, their energy.

A typical day included typing letters and tests for faculty, helping students as needed, utilizing the fax machine as well as the copier, helping guests as needed, answering the telephone and directing phone calls, sorting incoming mail, and ordering office supplies. I also took minutes of meetings and then typed and distributed said minutes.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
There was none.
Most fuffilling job I've ever had
Orchestra Member (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 6, 2016
I was blessed with the opportunity work work with some of the brightest students and leaders on campus. I get to rehearse and perform music every single week, and I get to worship my religion at the same time.
Pros
Fun communitity environment, and I get to learn a new song every week
Cons
Early hours
productive sometimes quiet
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 28, 2016
southern florida college is a good place to work at, Theres good benefits,good pay, and esepcially your sourrounded by positive and bright people. There is never no negitivity people there and thats why i loved working there.
Pros
yes free lunches
Cons
always have to take a 30 minute break sometimes an hour depending if we are slow or not
productive and a place to really be creative in a faculty position
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 20, 2016
Very warm atmosphere. The work I do is collaborative. Staff and faculty are very helpful and detailed orientated. Working with students is very fulfilling. I enjoy the war atmosphere at the college.
Pros
easy atmosphere
good staff, great atmoshere
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 5, 2016
was with the company for almost 5 years, loved working there but a better opportunity came and I took it.. miss some of my co workers
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Excellent
Education internship (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 3, 2016
Learned what I needed to learn, offered leadership and working with other under many circumstances. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntle parents or students but it also allowed me to learn how to deal with these situations in a positive manner
Excellent Career Start
Assistant Athletic Director for Development (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 16, 2016
Florida Southern College is my alma mater and where I got my start in the work force. Being able to remain in athletics (I played on the baseball team) and raise money for the athletic department, annual fund, and for major capital improvements allowed me to gain a tremendous amount of experience and develop skills I otherwise my not have.
Good school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 22, 2015
The school is student centered and employs excellent professionals for all aspects of the school's mission.

I worked part time at a distance learning center and was pleased with the response to problems, fairness, and with keeping us in the school's information loop despite being more than 100 miles from the actual campus. Co workers were friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience at FSC. The staff and students are a big part of making the environment so enjoyable. I would recommend a job as an Adjunct Professor
Awesome workplace
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FloridaAugust 5, 2015
Great bosses and coworkers. Really accommodate to your class schedule and work with you. Such great people to work with.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
College job
Work-Study
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 21, 2015
Decent job for a full-time student who needs a source of income. No more than three hours per shift working Monday-Thursday nights. My supervisor was excellent and I got along well with most of my co-workers. It was a very laid back environment since we were all college students.