Florida Southern College

Florida Southern College Employer Reviews

This internship helped me with my practical skills about Microsoft Tools and analyzing data
Database Manager Intern / Institutional Research (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 24, 2014
For the internship, I normally organized and analyzed survey data from database. After that, I wrote a report to tell my manager that what Florida Southern College did great in last year and what the college should improve in that next year. I have learned a lot about Microfsoft Tools from this internship. The hardest part of this internship was dealing – more... with the differences between the knowledge I had learned from college and practical job. – less
Productive, Community Oriented Workplace
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 22, 2014
Pros
Overall great environment to work in. Students and faculty are very friendly and respectful to company policy.
Cons
Limited hours of work for student staff.
A great place to start a career, not make it a career.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good people to work with and learn from
Cons: extremely low pay.
FSC was a definite learning experience. I learned value in education during my tenure there. I knew that I needed an education because that was the only way I could make above minimum wage.
Great Job, family style workplace, great management
Intramural Supervisor, Official, Front Desk Staff (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities and work experience
Cons: work study job
The Wellness Center at Florida Southern was a great job, all the management was very helpful they would help you with anything you needed weather it was a simple question or running a research project. The opportunity for advancement was good as well, if you are a good employee then you can become a supervisor within a year and with that comes more – more... money and more responsibility. They are also very flexible with schedule whether you want to work 40 hours a week or 15 hours a week and they also give you extra work opportunities if needed. The Wellness center was like a family everyone knew each other and helped each other even in other departments. – less
Florida Southern is a wonderful place to work.
Associate Professor/ Mental Health Nursing (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: campus is beautiful
Cons: too many commitees for me.
I spent a lot of time on the campus because it was a wonderful environment. I truly enjoyed being with the students and my friends on the faculty. I often ate at the campus dining room where I was able to informally chat with the students. It provided a place that was non-threatening and the students really opened up and shared. I learned a lot about – more... each student that I wouldn't have known.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being with the students. – less
Safety Officer (Current Employee), lakeland floridaOctober 2, 2013
My duties are to ensure the safety of all students and staff at florida southern college. I also do reports on any incident that occurs at the college.
Fun place to work!
Front Desk/Intramural Coordinator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 1, 2013
Great boss, awesome wellness center with great perks to working there. just wish it wasn't in Lakeland
Good first job in athletics experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 17, 2013
Learned how big of a role my position was and how it affected the organization.
great school
Orientation Coordinator, (Former Employee), lakeland, FLJanuary 17, 2013
great school, worked in the student solution center, very well staffed and organized.
Excellent Place to teach
Pharmacology & Health Assessment Instructor (Current Employee), Lakeland FLAugust 23, 2012
Student body can be a bit overwhelming but the staff is great and the assistance they provide is wonderful
Friendly and professional institution.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: accomidates my class needs.
Cons: none.
I cannot believe I have already worked for Florida Southern College for over 11 years. They are wonderful to work with. Each workshop coordinator treated me with the utmost regard. I am always pleased to facilitate a class for them.
Fun environment to work in, however very time consuming
coach/ player (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlDecember 3, 2011
Pros: great environment
Cons: time consuming
Overall it was a great experience. The team helped each other to maintain a level head throughout the grueling hours.