Florida State Board of Administration

Florida State Board of Administration Employee Reviews

Great place to get your foot in the door in the investment industry
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 7, 2017
I learned so much about investing and how various asset classes work. There are lot of employees are nearing retiring age who just want their 30 years are slow with decisions and do not contribute to anything positive. The younger employees are more accepting to change and new management from the private sector are implementing positive change.

Slooooooooooow I placed an order with purchasing more than 18 months ago and I am still waiting for a piece of furniture. Escalating results with no accountability or resolved issues.

Disappointing that CFO, COO and DED positions were offered to unqualified candidates.
Pros
This place has a comfortable vibe and no stress. Colleagues are generally nice, good work environment, good benefits and decent job security
Cons
Low Pay.
Internship
Private Equity Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Very intriguing and great experience. Portfolio managers were very helpful and provided great work for the learning experience.
Challenging work place
Portfolio Manager, Strategic Investments (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 16, 2013
The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part are one in the same. Finding value across a breadth of asset classes (private equity, real estate, hedge funds, commodities, etc.) is both challenging and rewarding.
A professional atmosphere with opportunities for advancement
Human Resources Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 4, 2013
I have worked at the Florida State Board of Administration for less than a year and enjoy the employees who are fun yet professional. We have many accomplished very impressive investors that are supported by an awesome adminstrative staff ( accounting. financial operations etc). We have individuals who have worked here for many years but there always seems to be opportunities for upward mobility. The benefits can not be beat ( no kidding) and I enjoy coming to work!!
Pros
My fellow co-workers and the benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State Board of Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4