Florida State College at Jacksonville

Florida State College at Jacksonville Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Microcomputer Support Technician II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2015
Lots of days off...friendly environment. Overall good experience. I would work there again. However, I was in a grant funded position and the grant ended.
A great workplace that allows education and I am able to help others.
(OSSD) Office of Services for Students (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: its not full time
Florida State College at Jacksonville is a great workplace, I have also earned an Associate of Arts degree and I am currently enrolled in the Bachelors Program in Supervision and Management. My academic success has been increased to help others and I have learned to work as a team with manage and fellow co-workers in assisting students that have disabilities for increased learning- the job is not hard and I also get to learn about areas that are not in my program of study. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to explore other areas and to work as a happy team member.
N/A
Student Assistant in the IT Department (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Supportive work environment. Great opportunity for a student to gain experience and network. Flexible work schedule for a part time student assistant.
Good Part Time Employment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Working with students can improve interpersonal communication skills and each week has a set schedule so you know ahead of time when you will be working.
This employer was reviewed previously. The summery will be the same
Electronics Instructor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: same as in previous review
Cons: same as in the previous review
The review will be the same as it was in the previous review of this employer. They were fine and the work was one I would like to return to. Return to as location, employer and type work.
Building Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: low cost tuition
Cons: no student housing
As an institution of higher education, FSCJ can be rated as one of the best community/state colleges in the country because of its diversity and technology growth.
Good benefits
Student Experience Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Good place to work when you can get hired, but the process takes a very long time
A lot of Fun Filled Science
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2014
Working in the Science Department as a lab assistant was a fun filled adventure of learning new things everyday. my co-workers and teachers there are amazing and are always will to work together to get things done. Even though the pay is not very good as a student worker it is a great place to gain experience.
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2014
Amazing and well-organized workplace. Enjoyed most days and learned a lot.
A typical day performing general PC maintenance or answering trouble tickets.
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great hands on real life experience in help desk service calls
Cons: currently no room for advancement.
The average day upon arriving to work entails first logging into work desk tickets to assess priority to schedule trouble tickets for assessment and repair. Typical trouble tickets range from lack of network connectivity, hard drive failure, faculty cannot login to pc, monitor issues, interruption of VoIP service, and printers off-line/jamming.

Some days could be as simple as performing updates, component replacement, or creating images through ghost or re-imaging of computers from PXE boot. And then some days, we are moving pc's from one location to another, or replacing bulbs in overhead projectors.

I haven't had a bad day yet. If I do run into a problem, I bring it up to my co-workers, research through the internet, or ask my supervisor. My team is always ready to share information to get the task accomplished.
Perfect job while in college
Academic Lab Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: positive management, teamwork
Cons: little to no job security.
As a student, FSCJ was a great place to work. Interaction with other students, professors, and professionals was both challenging and rewarding.
A good college
Student (Current Employee), Florida State College at JacksonvilleApril 11, 2014
A good learning place. Teachers are knowlegable, helpful, classmates are nice.
student
Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
poorly run organization with very little empathy for their students. Although cost-effective, I would not recommend them based on performance.
Fun place
location
management
love job
easy going
Great for future job experience
Duplication Assistant/ copy room clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2014
I learned a lot about secretarial work like filing and making copies as well as lifting large boxes. I worked primarily by myself and worked with professors.
Challenging and a different place to work
Student Assistant at the Career Development Center (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2013
Challenging and a different place to work where it is always up to us to be the difference and offer our help to those who need it. This job has thought me alot of patience and it has tested how much I have. It has thought me how to work with people in different situacions. I get al;ong along with my coworkers and we are always helping eachother out. The environment is challenging because no matter what is happeneing around you, you have to keep it together and be professional.
Military Contracted Program
Associate Dean / Vocational Training Instructor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 22, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: monthly performance uncertainty.
Diverse work environment requiring multiple skill and knowledge sets.

Monthly uncertainty of performance requirements, must be flexible and adaptable.

Talented staff, majority were retired military.
Great place to learn
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2013
A job to learn all about office work. Learn about all standard office equipment while using all the newest technology.
Adult Students
Administration Specialist II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2013
Pros: diverse environment
Cons: tyipcal 9-5 job
One of the best jobs I had. The divers groups of ages, people, departments allowed me to perfect my interpersonal skills. Helping others reach their goals is always an endevour of mine.

Working in the office that provided certificates for individuals to open/work in a child care center, I managed student assistants as well as the office staff.
Productive and fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of helping a variety of students with admissions and finincal aid.

About Florida State College at Jacksonville

Florida State College at Jacksonville (formerly Florida Community College at Jacksonville) offers associate┬ádegree, certificate, – Read more