Florida State College at Jacksonville Employee Reviews

Student Work Study
Mathematics Lab Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
This position is a student work study. Resultingly, there are requirements for keeping the position. For example, student workers are required to be enrolled in the college for a minimum of 6 credit hours at the college.
Good place to start out and build skills
Program Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2016
My boss answered any questions I had bout work and gave me the time I needed to feel comfortable.
Work went smoothly as long as I got everything done I needed to.
Overall my other co workers were helpful and great to work with.
Great Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
Working at FSCJ is fun and very profesional atmosphere!!

All staff and instructors in the Learning Center Team are very helpful to each other and all the students. Great place for networking too.
Reorganize Then Reorganize Again
COORDINATOR OF ACADEMIC PLANNING (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2016
This institution is under another reorganization. The culture has become unstable and unpredictable. People with many years' experience are being demoted and/or let go all together.
Buddy system
Adjunct Faculty Professor/ Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2016
No real options, most promotions are done on the buddy system. I think overall good job. Pay is a little low for the area but a very laid back job.
Pros
stabilty
Cons
pay
A nice place to work.
Operations Manager Open Campus (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
Overall a nice place to work. Most people, and departments are very friendly and supportive.

The College has had some recent troubles, yet it has survived for 50 years! This is a testament its Faculty and Employees who work directly with its students.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students to change their lives.
Pros
Many locations.
Cons
Professional and fun workplace with great benefits
Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2015
I like the professional attitude and the workplace environment that is provided to me. Another thing I like is the close knit and interpersonal communications that are prevalent between managers and employees. The company also believes in their employees and seems to really think about my future growth and professional progress.
The hardest part of the job is not be able to stay with me 3 year old and watch her grow.
Pros
Free education, do not work nights or weekends
Review Summary
Senior Support Specialist/ Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2016
It's amazing having a job where you can change lives everyday! It's a pleasure being part of a great and exciting workplace.
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2016
this job was the best one i had so far. i love talking and interacting with people. especially my age so there is more to relate.
Pros
flexible hours
Great experience for current students needing extra money and work experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2015
The job was simplistic: Do everything expected of you on a daily basis while also taking care of various duties around campus as per the request of the Dean and his assistants. You work with students and professors on a regular basis, sometimes while doing tedious work that is necessary for the smooth operation of the campus and its events.
Pros
Great work experience, great way to work while also taking care of class work
Cons
Not a permanent job/Can only hold position while attending classes
FSCJ Tutoring
Math/Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2015
FSCJ tutoring is the worst job I have ever had. The managers are very hard to get along with and threaten you with your job if you are not in the clique.
Representative
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida State College at JacksonvilleSeptember 25, 2015
Everyday there was something new to do and it was very professional ( Which i loved). I did not have to clock in. I managed and helped students activities.
Pros
Free lunches, went to events, and met a lot of people.
Cons
worked 5 hours.
Great work enviroment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2015
It was a great work environment working with student and helping them to begin to pursue their careers. Working with the staff was amazing I learned a lot from them. I also acquired many skills.
State College that enrolls over 57,000 students
Enrollement Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2015
This institution thrives on getting students to enjoy the first year experience in post-secondary school. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the processes in which it takes a student to get enrolled. Fortunately there are barriers being reconstructed so that students can transition easily into college.
A great workplace that allows education and I am able to help others.
(OSSD) Office of Services for Students (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Florida State College at Jacksonville is a great workplace, I have also earned an Associate of Arts degree and I am currently enrolled in the Bachelors Program in Supervision and Management. My academic success has been increased to help others and I have learned to work as a team with manage and fellow co-workers in assisting students that have disabilities for increased learning- the job is not hard and I also get to learn about areas that are not in my program of study. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to explore other areas and to work as a happy team member.
Pros
helping others
Cons
its not full time
Not a job I looked forward to going to on a daily basis
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2012
A typical day consisted of anything from running errands to taking calls and messages. I learned that people will work minimum wage employees to death just so they can do what they want to do instead of what they have to do. Management was lacking in a few areas. Some of my co-workers were pleasant and others were there for a paycheck. Coming to work not knowing what my day would be like since I was always doing other peoples' work. Break time was the best part of my day.
Unprofessional and unstructured environment with lack of professional and ethical leadership.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Florida (Downtown Campus)November 28, 2012
Advice to Management:

Stop intimidating personnel. Learn to form and grow Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) through team collaboration and engagement vs. intimidation and political strategies of exile.

Set the "good ole boy" and clique management style out to pasture and get new blood to form new inroads of excellence.
Pros
institution of higher learning which may inspire professional growth, the ability to achieve satisfaction in helping students aspire to new educational heights.
Cons
staff insecure with job security, clique work environment, informal discrimination practices.
Excellent Experience Working With People.
Math and Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2012
Great opportunity working with students needing help that i was able to provide them. I worked with students in algebra, calculus, biology and many more topics. My manager was wonderful, caring and very helpful. My co-workers were great as well, and everyone did great working as team. I learned a lot about working one on one and in large groups of people as well as individualized teaching strategies. The hardest part of this job was leaving when i was laid off due to the school's inability to pay student employees.
Pros
great scheduling, great co workers and managers, getting to help people.
Cons
low pay.
Combat2College
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2013
The Combat2College program that I co-founded and manage, is a fantastic veterans mentorship program that Florida State College at Jacksonville brought on for their Military Veteran Student population.

It shows great admiration and responsibility to our men and women in uniform for the college to take on such a program.

The college is a great place to work, in which staff and supervision work closely hand in hand to accomplish all tasks in a timely and respectful manner.
Pros
environment
Cons
budget crisis
Challenging and a different place to work
Student Assistant at the Career Development Center (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2013
Challenging and a different place to work where it is always up to us to be the difference and offer our help to those who need it. This job has thought me alot of patience and it has tested how much I have. It has thought me how to work with people in different situacions. I get al;ong along with my coworkers and we are always helping eachother out. The environment is challenging because no matter what is happeneing around you, you have to keep it together and be professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State College at Jacksonville. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2