Florida State College at Jacksonville Employee Reviews

Learning Management System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2017
Florida State College at Jacksonville is a great place to work in a large and welcoming educational experience. The IT department is one of the best around.
Fun Workplace with fun individuals to work with.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2017
It was my first leadership position so there was a learning curve, but overall a very fulfilling job. That being said there were unique stresses and obstacles that are unique to my specific job.
Pros
Title of the position and work experiences
Cons
pay, hours avaliable to work
Great place to learn and work!
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
I worked at Florida State College at Jacksonville for a brief amount of time while attending classes. Throughout my time with the college, I met many amazing people who loved what they do and take pride in their own work.
This is an OK place
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2017
I get to take notes for students that are unable to take their own notes (i.e. disabled students). I make my own schedule and work independently. I can work as little or as much as I want.
Pros
Lots of Freedom
Cons
Low Pay
Stressful
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
This place is a very stressful place to work. Due to continuous changes with the company, its hard to feel stability in your position. I feel the changes I were being made in company were not beneficial to the students.
FRENCH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
I participated in the work-study program as a French Tutor. Overall, this a great place to be since this is a friendly environment. So far, I would like to gain a regular employment at this place. However, as a student tutor you do not have any compensation/benefits neither job/security advancement. The contract can be renewed upon many contingencies. For instance, if there is no class in session, the job is over. Also, If you are graduated, you are no longer allowed to work.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short-term contract
Great for students
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2017
If you are willing to work a little extra at the time you are at FSCJ and are going through the "Theatre and Entertainment Technology" program this might be great for you. You and one to two other people will help manage the scenic shop and learn a lot while doing so. It can become a little cumbersome to go to class all day, then work an extra 4-6 hours. But the whole experience is well worth it.
Pros
Great working environment, lots to learn
Cons
Sometimes work can become pretty hectic when the time crunch for a production happens.
student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2017
Typical day as a student assistant, you get to help students register and figure out their classes. it is a very relaxing environment and people are very friendly.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Productive and Healthy working enviornment!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32218March 26, 2017
A typical day consists of giving tours to local schools or students interested in knowing more information about programs that our home campus carries. From working here i've learned how to be an effective leader. There is honestly no difficulty to the job whatsoever and the most enjoyable part of the job is hosting and programming the events we have on campus. I enjoy seeing the smiles on the students faces.
Pros
Resume Building
Cons
Pay does not increase
Cool Place To Work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
It is a nice company to work for. You will more about the college and students. It is a great place to work to develop clerical skills. The pay is great if you're not a student worker
Enjoyable Workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoy interacting with the various students on campus coming in for tutoring, as well as my fellow co-workers. It is an overall enjoyable environment to work in.
FSCJ was once a great college, but the new administration has created a culture that lacks trust and morale is at an all time low across all campuses
Student Success Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day for me is advising students in all programs of study. In addition to that I assist students with transfer agreements with other colleges in the area.
Pros
Healthcare benefits are excellent
Cons
Aministration is disconnected from the employees, Low morale is rampant across the college, Opportunites for advancement are only for a select few, Too many reorganizations
FSCJ is a productive and fun place to work.
Full Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2016
FSCJ provides the best possible education available to its students which in turn grows the Jacksonville community. Wonderful place to work. If allowed, I would like to return and educate students pertaining to the Transportation field. A typical day at work was gratifying because I was able to help students better themselves and their families.
Pros
Uplifting atmosphere
Cons
Cecil Field campus needs a catered lunchroom
Tutoring services are easily available.
Tutor/Notetaker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2016
F,S,C,J. has an awesome group of tutoring services that are available as needed. Students who qualify can also get paid for being a note taker or tutor.
Pros
Tutoring is available in a number of different subjects.
Cons
Labs are not covered only by student assistants.
Student Work Study
Mathematics Lab Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
This position is a student work study. Resultingly, there are requirements for keeping the position. For example, student workers are required to be enrolled in the college for a minimum of 6 credit hours at the college.
Great Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
Working at FSCJ is fun and very profesional atmosphere!!

All staff and instructors in the Learning Center Team are very helpful to each other and all the students. Great place for networking too.
Buddy system
Adjunct Faculty Professor/ Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2016
No real options, most promotions are done on the buddy system. I think overall good job. Pay is a little low for the area but a very laid back job.
Pros
stabilty
Cons
pay
Good place to start out and build skills
Program Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2016
My boss answered any questions I had bout work and gave me the time I needed to feel comfortable.
Work went smoothly as long as I got everything done I needed to.
Overall my other co workers were helpful and great to work with.
Reorganize Then Reorganize Again
COORDINATOR OF ACADEMIC PLANNING (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2016
This institution is under another reorganization. The culture has become unstable and unpredictable. People with many years' experience are being demoted and/or let go all together.
Review Summary
Senior Support Specialist/ Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2016
It's amazing having a job where you can change lives everyday! It's a pleasure being part of a great and exciting workplace.