Florida State College Employee Reviews in United States

A great, student-centered educational institution.
Adjunct Librarian (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2016
A great place to grow, learn and advance while positively impacting the community. Employees enjoy career longevity, interaction with persons from diverse cultures, opportunities for volunteerism and community service.
Pros
Benefits and promotional opportunities.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
Great internship! Wonderful hands on experience in a multi-location and strict deadline based workplace.
Fscj
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. It is difficult to get hired on for a full-time position but if you can it is worth it. As an associate instructor you need to work to feel part of the school (that and no benefits are the only downside). Deans and staff are always willing to help and the custodians and others who keep the schools running are always so helpful.

Seriously it is hard to get hired though!
Student Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2016
My role at FSCJ involved translation (English to Spanish and vice-versa), getting students register for the ESOL class, and organizing documents.

The hardest part of the job was to inform the students that we dont have anymore spaces for the ESOL class.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet different people from different background.

Last but not last, my co-worker and management were really respectful, fun and easy to deal with.
Graet Place to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I have gained my Project management there. Had to work long hours. I have made a great deal of difference in working with people that my predecessor. I dealt great with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to get some of the student to be focused . ands the graduation days were my best rewards.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
did no care too much about the Student but the project funding
great professors who are willing to help you as you grow
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2015
enjoy learning, studying, trying to manage time, and having great professors to work with. Professors helps you along your educational journey and gives you even more sources to help you grow.
Pros
free time to work at your own pace, several different free resources
productive place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2015
good work environment with supportive management. It helps you personally grow and develop. Have a decent amount of work but this is expected when you have alot of students.
College Setting
Student Math and Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
I worked as a tutor and front desk clerk. I was eager to assist students in any and every way I could. I was able to facilitate the college students for 2 years and will always remember my time there.
Productive and professional workplace
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florida State College at JacksonvilleSeptember 22, 2015
Worked in enrollment services department assisting students with college applications for admission. Serviced up to 100 students per day. Meeting new people was most enjoyable.
Pros
Learned something different everyday.
Cons
no healthcare
Good jobs overall while your tryingto get through school
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, flSeptember 16, 2015
I worked with people everyday, I learn new things in the department I was in everyday, and I ran errands if I wasn't working with a customer.
Pros
Everyone was lovely to work around
Cons
Didnt pay alot
Productive and fun place to learn spanish
Part-Time Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day is helping fellow students with learning a second language, such as Spanish. All the tutors are willing to help fellow students.
Decent Place to work
Administrative Specialist/Accounting Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2015
FSCJ is a decent place to work as you do the work given within the guidelines set. The benefits are great with medical, dental, FRS and tuition being covered by the College.
Productive and fun work place with computers for work & home
Library Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 26, 2015
I work part time, morning shift so I open the library. I assist staff and students with books, videos, head phones, etc... Also, I assist students with computers issues, blackboard and Microsoft.

Classes are offered to the employee for knowledge of computers and Microsoft.

The college has a plan titled Make a Plan (MAP) for success: We learned steps to help students achieve their goals.

I have great co-workers. Everyone tries to communicate and have compassion to help one another.

The job was challenging but not hard.

I enjoyed working with the staff and students
Pros
Staff support one another with job task
Cons
Part time
Good working relationships
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2015
Adequate office space and classroom to instruct and work with students. Co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to work with in the course rooms and meetings. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job is attempting to assist unsuccessful students and leading them to become successful in the program.
Pros
Fixable hours
Cons
None noted
Many fine individuals work at Florida State College at Jacksonville
Program Manager Career Education (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the position is the interaction with the students; their success is my number one priority. When I began my career at FCCJ, I was so fortunate, the college gave us the opportunity to work on teams and collaborate on various projects and committees. The shared knowledge we gained during those occasions, gave everyone the ability to help the students so much more. My co-workers have always been very supportive and cooperative; we all work together to ensure the students have the best possible customer service.
Pros
Opportunities to see Broadway shows, wonderful student productions, and attend college events.
Good environment
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
I was volunteer coordinator and I believe I found my passion. The fact that I was able to not only make a difference in people's lives, but the fact that it was my job was wonderful.
Reorganization and many changes taking place.
Administrative Specialist - Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2015
After years of working and being dedicated to the job and the college, many people are being told their positions are being eliminated.
Pros
Free tuition
IT Adjunct Professor
Information Technology Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2015
A Great place to work, an opportunity to help shape tomorrow's IT industry. Being able to give back to the community is rewarding in itself. FSCJ is an awesome place to work.
Pros
Teaching others is rewarding
Cons
short terms for classes
Fun and rewarding work place
Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, FloridaApril 15, 2015
Numerous positions that will allow you to develop your abilities. Hard working coworkers who enjoy working for the college.
Great place to work and network
Tutor, Master Student and Personal Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2015
I did a lot of things at FSCJ, met a lot of great people, and worked my way up a little bit. I was hoping for a career opportunity, but none were offered nor application accepted. I'm hoping to find a way to get a career there because, in general, everything is great about the College.

4.3