Florida State College Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Instructional Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2017
Good place to work. But, going thru a reconfiguration due to new administration. So, environment is not stable for management. Typical work day is from 8-5. But, evenings are expected for special events.
Pros
People
Cons
Instability of structure
It's a fun place to work if you're a people person.
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2017
Working as a lab monitor or student assistant FSC J was a lot of fun. I met many interesting and fun people as well as learned a lot. There are always troublesome people that will give you a hard time just because you're doing your job but don't let that stop you.
Pros
most of the time it's pretty relaxed
Cons
you're only allowed to work up to 20 hours a week
A great place for a student to worker at for extra cash
2) Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2017
A typical day can vary from having little to do, to being on your feet all day working at an event. This job has a great networking ability for future workers to have references for other job searches.
Pros
Able to meet and gain references for future job searches
Cons
There are little to no benefits package
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I like this college and I am an adjunct professor. I would like to work here if an opportunity presents itself.
Great culture and great administrators and student body.
Great experience.
Vision Rehabilitation Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32202December 12, 2016
I have loved working with the college. Hours are usually flexible and work stress is a minimum. The issue that we all seem to run into is pay but that' not really something that is in our hands.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Work life balance
Na
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2016
FSCJ is a good organization with a focus on creating a community feel in a rapidly growing college. The college offers a variety of different programs.
Great place to work and collect a paycheck
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fscj downtownNovember 22, 2016
Most of the upper management spend their days in a meeting. Most of the employees sit at their desk making personal phone calls using their cp all day long and some sleep at their desk for hours and pretending ro be busy. Most employees walk around goes and chat with co -workers numerous time During the day. It is a great job ! You can sit pretty all day and pretend to work and collect a decent paycheck and retirement.

Also, you an order all the office supplies you want without regard to whether it is necessary for busineess use. You also see jons being cut at the same time new people starting new position because they are related ro someone in management. You can get the entire family working there. Most posted jobs are rigged, they post it but already know who they want to hire. For instanxe, the assistant director of accounting is the beat friend of rhe director of accounting . Blows my mind.
Enjoyable Work, Faculty and Staff
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2016
I absolutely loved my time at FSCJ's writing lab. A typical day at work includes making appointments with students who need their resumes, essays, reports and other written materials polished. I have learned many things about citations, computer software and other useful tools that will carry over into other professions of mine. My co-workers and I made a great team, and they have become friends outside of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hardest part of the job in my opinion. That is finding the best way to help each individual student so their unique needs are met.
Great climate to work in
Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2016
Very flexible schedule. Love the 36 hour summer schedule and holidays given. Colleagues are wonderful caring and dedicated to students success. Direct Supervisors are respectful and always encourage your input and feedback. They also encourage you to elevate yourself when opportunities arise for career advancement.
Pros
Benefits and school climate
Cons
Compensation should be based on years of experience and education
Florida State College
Open lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Its a great place to work, but Kafka would have a field day when it comes to management. Pay could be better. Co-works are nice.
Excellent work atmosphere and helpful coworkers.
Computer & English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2016
I was a student worker at FSCJ for the Computer lab and the English lab as a tutor. They practically gave me the job after I went up there for a year getting tutored myself. The supervisors, coworkers, and manager are extremely helpful, and they all try their best to boost the morale of the entire computer lab area.
Pros
Extremely easygoing atmosphere, Very helpful supervisors and coworkers
Cons
Minimum wage, limited to 20 hours as a student worker
Simple mathematical library workspace.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2016
I loved working at the Kent Campus library and learning commons, I know that everyone there will do well without me being there. I always had fun teaching others math and then seeing their faces light up when they finally understand it. The managers were always nice too, same with the coworkers and the students.
Pros
Eveything.
Cons
Minimum wage.
A great, student-centered educational institution.
Adjunct Librarian (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2016
A great place to grow, learn and advance while positively impacting the community. Employees enjoy career longevity, interaction with persons from diverse cultures, opportunities for volunteerism and community service.
Pros
Benefits and promotional opportunities.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
Great internship! Wonderful hands on experience in a multi-location and strict deadline based workplace.
Fscj
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. It is difficult to get hired on for a full-time position but if you can it is worth it. As an associate instructor you need to work to feel part of the school (that and no benefits are the only downside). Deans and staff are always willing to help and the custodians and others who keep the schools running are always so helpful.

Seriously it is hard to get hired though!
Student Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2016
My role at FSCJ involved translation (English to Spanish and vice-versa), getting students register for the ESOL class, and organizing documents.

The hardest part of the job was to inform the students that we dont have anymore spaces for the ESOL class.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet different people from different background.

Last but not last, my co-worker and management were really respectful, fun and easy to deal with.
Graet Place to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I have gained my Project management there. Had to work long hours. I have made a great deal of difference in working with people that my predecessor. I dealt great with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to get some of the student to be focused . ands the graduation days were my best rewards.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
did no care too much about the Student but the project funding
great professors who are willing to help you as you grow
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2015
enjoy learning, studying, trying to manage time, and having great professors to work with. Professors helps you along your educational journey and gives you even more sources to help you grow.
Pros
free time to work at your own pace, several different free resources
productive place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2015
good work environment with supportive management. It helps you personally grow and develop. Have a decent amount of work but this is expected when you have alot of students.
College Setting
Student Math and Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
I worked as a tutor and front desk clerk. I was eager to assist students in any and every way I could. I was able to facilitate the college students for 2 years and will always remember my time there.