Florida State University Employee Reviews

Highly productive and professional workplace
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaApril 26, 2017
I learnt many new techniques while working as a post-doctoral researcher in FSU, such as rodent brain stereotactic surgeries. My colleagues were helpful and the workplace culture maintained by my supervisor was very professional, productive and ethical at the same time.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2017
This "job" per se is not really a job. You're a glorified TA and the work depends on how the professor is feeling. For weeks there isn't anything to do, but then randomly a huge project may come. It's worth the benefits for having most of tuition paid and $200 bi-weekly for sure.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Random work assignments
Typical state job
IT Help-desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2017
People don't want to do anything extra. Hardly anyone is nice. Management is laughable. Common sense is at a minimum. Don't try and care too much, nobody else is going to and you are going to o overwork yourself.
Pros
Standard schedule
Cons
Management, ethics, more management.
Great Place
BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 21, 2017
The environment was great. Very Fair and worked around family emergencies. I would recommed to anyone looking for fair and great employment opportunities. Tallahassee, FL
Good
Temporary Data Entry/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 13, 2017
Relaxed enviroment. Good staff. Good Mandangers. Potentially to move up. I learned lots of interesting things. Good fun near-by. Ate food. good food good break
a starter job
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 12, 2017
They don't take care of the people who take care on their campus....I'm glad I was able to be there as long as I was however it was time forme to find a career where I could move up and be appreciated.
Pros
being around students
Cons
you'll see if you work for this place
Productive and organized
Student Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 11, 2017
Although this was for an organization it was my job to ensure that every event had a flyer, while also making sure the organizations events ran smoothly.
Great hours!
Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 26, 2017
You can practically pick as many shifts allowed. The training is not long or hard and you can call you supervisor if you have any problems or questions. They are so friendly.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Annoying parents
Super flexible, great culture
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2017
I felt very at-home at FSU. The academia culture was nice. Hardest part was sometimes a language barrier, but that could be overcome somewhat easily. I enjoyed the great flexibility to schedule my work hours around my class schedule.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Productive and fun place.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2017
I love the agency and work is impactful. I would recommend someone to work here. There are no issues. The work here is very impactful.
Difficult for a lot of college students
Night Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Being night staff means you're up from 10 PM to 7 AM. It's very hard to keep up with studying and going to class when you're tired all the time. Training did a good job of explaining what was expected of you. Supervisors were generally helpful but very strict. I would say it's definitely not worth the pay.
Cons
Exhaustion
Productive and nice workplace
this is my college, oops not a job (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here, the people were great, and we were all treated very well. I liked the atmosphere and that customers were top priority.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
not a lot of people worked at once
Nice place for a graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I moved here from Miami University of Ohio to continue with my PhD. Nice college town, good for students. However, the graduate research stipend here is considerably lower than what is offered in other schools. So if money is a big deal for you, please consider other schools which offer better health insurance subsidy and less fees.
Very Productive work and life Balance Environment.
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Working for FSU was one of my best experiences and I always admire the work and life balance. The work was evenly balanced among all the developers and also managers always have a good understanding of Peoplesoft.
Pros
Great Benefit plans
Cons
Low pay
Very relaxing and enjoyable.
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 4, 2017
An interesting place to work. Smiles all around all of the time. Mostly relaxing work. Love working here. It's just part time and I need full time.
Best time of my life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 3, 2017
The best time of my life began when I became a Resident Assistant at the Florida State University. At this position I was tasked with promoting a culture of inclusivity and development for incoming freshman.
Its ok
Admissions Officer and Multicultural Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Not very balanced. People are petty for what Tallahassee and the Institution offer in terms of Job Security. It sucks that FL is a right to work state and can get fired at any point and for no cause of your own. Does make people want to risk it all to come here.
Pros
Its chill
Cons
until it is not.
Great Benefits
HR Representative/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2017
It is a great place to work with wonderful benefits and a fantastic atmosphere. Would recommend working here to anyone. Always enjoyed the convenience of the University.
Not financially beneficial, but extremely rewarding in experience
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 26, 2017
This was more of an internship than an actual job. Regardless, I was able to gain valuable experience in working with a team and under parameters, as well as working on my customer service. The every day happenings were productive, efficient, and enjoyable. Even when things got mildly heated, I was able to aptly handle the situation and resolve it in mutually beneficial ways. The most difficult part of this job was handling the myriad of children in a confined setting. However, that was nothing compared to the joy of working with children and fellow teachers.
Pros
Gained Experience and successfully working with children
Cons
Children could be rowdy at points.
Friendly workplace environment
Pre-Collegiate Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Workplace prepares you to be successful whenever you are ready to move on. Co-workers are warm and welcoming. Everyone works together to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3