Florida State University Employee Reviews

Very Productive work and life Balance Environment.
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Working for FSU was one of my best experiences and I always admire the work and life balance. The work was evenly balanced among all the developers and also managers always have a good understanding of Peoplesoft.
Pros
Great Benefit plans
Cons
Low pay
Very relaxing and enjoyable.
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 4, 2017
An interesting place to work. Smiles all around all of the time. Mostly relaxing work. Love working here. It's just part time and I need full time.
Best time of my life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 3, 2017
The best time of my life began when I became a Resident Assistant at the Florida State University. At this position I was tasked with promoting a culture of inclusivity and development for incoming freshman.
Its ok
Admissions Officer and Multicultural Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Not very balanced. People are petty for what Tallahassee and the Institution offer in terms of Job Security. It sucks that FL is a right to work state and can get fired at any point and for no cause of your own. Does make people want to risk it all to come here.
Pros
Its chill
Cons
until it is not.
Great Benefits
HR Representative/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2017
It is a great place to work with wonderful benefits and a fantastic atmosphere. Would recommend working here to anyone. Always enjoyed the convenience of the University.
Not financially beneficial, but extremely rewarding in experience
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 26, 2017
This was more of an internship than an actual job. Regardless, I was able to gain valuable experience in working with a team and under parameters, as well as working on my customer service. The every day happenings were productive, efficient, and enjoyable. Even when things got mildly heated, I was able to aptly handle the situation and resolve it in mutually beneficial ways. The most difficult part of this job was handling the myriad of children in a confined setting. However, that was nothing compared to the joy of working with children and fellow teachers.
Pros
Gained Experience and successfully working with children
Cons
Children could be rowdy at points.
Friendly workplace environment
Pre-Collegiate Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Workplace prepares you to be successful whenever you are ready to move on. Co-workers are warm and welcoming. Everyone works together to get the job done.
Supportive and collegiate work environment
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 24, 2017
The pros and cons of this workplace are typical to any academic institution and therefore also highly dependent on department/supervisor/job. Some perks are the travel support to conferences and for collaboration with other researchers, good health benefits, and supportive professors/supervisors and staff. Also FSU has a state of the art HPC system on campus that researchers can access.
Is free tuition worth it?
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Sure. I suppose it could be worse. The job is easy, but the department is riddled with negativity. Find allies and hold them close.
Pros
flexible schedule, easy work, good coworkers
Cons
apathetic management, no support
Great job for a college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The ease and enjoyment of the job is dependent on your supervisor and which hall you are placed. There is time commitment, but the benefits are great. Residents are unpredictable, so they may weigh in on the stress level of the job.
nice place for living
Postdoctoral associate researcher (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Florida state university is a good university. People are very nice over here. The weather here is very nice for outdoor activity.
FSU is great
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Florida State is a great place to work. Everyone is nice, and it's a laid back environment. The students and staff are bright, driven, and team players.
Great to see students grow
Adjunct faculty, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Had the opportunity to shape nursing students as they advanced through the BSN program. It was exciting to see the students "get" a concept or master a new skill.
easygoing univeristy culture mentality
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 9, 2016
my experience has been limited to 3-4 months of lab manager after graduation before i found a postdoc. i had no problems with management and work load was minimal. however there were no benefits or possibility of promotion. i found salaried workers to be very disillusioned about working there.
Productive work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 10, 2016
Productive environment from the law school and athletic department. I worked on a hourly basis for when I wanted. The financial services office is the worst part because of how slow they are with getting you in the payment system.
Great Working Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Florida State University is a great place to work for an employee as it has a very nice campus and located right in the center of the city.
Educational
Tutorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I love working at Florida State University. I continue to learn through other students and how to work in a friendly environment. I typically focus on tutoring fellow students but I also tend to run tasks for my employers or help close the office at the end of the day.
Intelligent and engaging professors and staff!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Typical days spent analyzing datasets and programming.
I learned many different analysis techniques.
Computer programming was most difficult to learn given the multitude of time crunches.
People there were wonderful and very helpful, both students and faculty!
Vibrant Undergraduate Instituion
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 25, 2016
Following my bachelor's degree I was hired at FSU as a laboratory technician.

I was very grateful for the opportunity to build a set of skills that prepared me for graduate school. The faculty here were kind, and helpful in assisting me towards my future career.
Pros
Great College Town
Cons
Florida is so hot!
Great place for education and work.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 10, 2016
Hard work and dedication paid .Excellent departments. Great staffing. Would recommend for everyone to experience the atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4