FLOWERS HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

productive, friendly, very busy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Dothan, alAugust 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day at flowers hospital can be very stressful at times, very busy. The management was friendly and the employees are friendly and helpful.
Great Therapy Services
LPTA (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 3, 2015
Excellent and ethical occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy. Able to provide great care at a good hospital.
Worked med/surg unit
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Patient to nurse ratio
Worked 12 hour night or day shift caring for up to 9 patients. I was often charge nurse. We always worked together as a team. It was usually to large of a workload to give the care that I would like, but I loved all of my coworkers so I always looked forward to working with everyone.
Great people to work with
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJune 15, 2015
Pros: good job security
Cons: short breaks, low pay.
Co-workers are always wiling to help you and show you something if you don't know or understand it.

Management needs to enforce the policies it has better. Supervisors have no power to give write ups or give suspensions.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the nursing staff constantly calling with questions.
Us to be a great place to work for but not anymore
Secretary , and EDT Tech Emergency Room (Current Employee), Dothan , AlabamaMay 26, 2015
Some days are better than others but the pay isn't that good and I feel we need to be paid more. We work so hard for just the little amount of money they pay. We can hardly make a living off the money.
NA
Cardiac Testing Technician (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 18, 2015
FLOWERS HOSPITAL IS A GREAT HOSPITAL WITH A GOOD STAFF AND TEAM TO CARE FOR THERE PATIENTS ACCORDINGLY. THERE IS NO BETTER HOSPITAL IN THE WIREGRASS, FLOWERS IS GROWN AND EXPANDING I EXPECT GREAT THINGS IN THE FUTURE
Great place
Nurse Intern Cardiac Floor (Former Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
This is a great place to work. I benefited from the nursing staff who do well with nursing interns. The nurse manager is an amazing person who takes time to answer all questions.
Good Company, some management issues
RN (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good people, good benefits, great experiences
Cons: poor staffing, upper management invisible
I have enjoyed my time at Flowers Hospital, and I have learned a tremendous amount during my time there. The hardest part of the job is the long hours with high patient to staff ratio.
Flowers
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 17, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: angry patients
I have already given my review for flowers hospital. I'm not really sure why indeed is making me do it again. It says that I have to type 30 words minimum, a typical day at work, what i learned, managment, co-workers, hardest part of job and the most enjoyed part, but I already have so not doing it again.
Critical Nurse Care (Former Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 17, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: long hours
Busy high stress...hardest part was working over on a 12 hour shift...enjoyable seeing pt's and family go home happy.
A caring management , Benefits are top notch.
Medical Record Technician (Current Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 15, 2014
A great place to work. Management strives to keep us informed of any changes in work. They are very understanding of employees needs, always willing to work with us in our situations that might arise.
Good job and good teamwork
Central Sterile Technician III (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 30, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: sometimes overwhelming
This was a good job but I was on 3rd shift, so I worked alone...a lot of work, but had great team members at the beginning of my shift. Supervisor was good.
overall great place to start and learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJune 22, 2014
I have learned a lot and have grown as a nurse while working for Flowers Hospital
n/a
Dietary Aide/ Clerk (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJune 2, 2014
Great place to start if your trying to get started in the medical field.
great company to work for
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: large hospital with lots of good benefits
Cons: nurse to patient ratio was too great
Employers was concerned for employees and the patients. There was a lot of room for growth.
Good working enviroment
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMay 6, 2014
A typical day at my job is doing payroll, making sure orders and patient care is done. Stocking and ordering inventory daily. Maintainig a clean and organized work enviroment and helping with patient care when docotors or nurses need help. Filing and doing paper work for my director and staff. The hardest part of my job is making sure I spend enough time in 3 different departments so everyone knows that I am there to help them in anyway I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped someones family memeber get better and survive another day.
Unit Coordinator Med/Surg (Former Employee), Dothan, ALNovember 25, 2013
You are always busy. The medical team at flowers is very dedicated. I enjoyed working here and have been trying to get back on ever since I left.
Enjoyed my time there
Registered Nurse CCU (Former Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 24, 2013
started to work there out of school, staff was very helpful, only left because it was too far from home
Better than your typical hospital experience
Patient Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great co-workers; administration staff willing to listen
Cons: not many positions for advancement
Nice place to work with good co-workers. Management/administration staff will take your concerns seriously. As with any job in healthcare the day can be anything from lax to all out busy.
A caring place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Dothan, ALSeptember 21, 2013
I really enjoyed my time working at Flowers Hospital. I met some of the greatest people while employeed there. A positive and caring environment.