FLOWERS HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 3, 2017
Flowers is a very homely environment. You are always treated with patience and kindness. Benefits are great here. Employees are always striving for the best.
Company values employees as family
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 20, 2017
I've worked here initially upon relocating to Alabama. Staff is valued and rewarded for hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients improve.
Terrible is an understatement in Radiology dept
Former CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 12, 2017
Terrible pay, management is horrific, turnover rate is unheard of....all of these things wouldn't be that big of a deal if the work you did was appreciated. Benefits are horrible. You are worked into the ground here. Seniority doesn't even matter. Administration/managers and supervisors need to be replaced!! The sorrier the employee you are...the more you get recognized!! If your work ethic is amazing, if you love your patients and take care of them as you would your own family, if you get to work on time and never call in sick, then you will never advance at Flowers Hospital!!! If you are sorry, then you will probably be a supervisor soon!! So backwards!!
Pros
Free coffee in the lounge
Cons
All of the above :)
Very busy job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 15, 2017
I worked in the ER and it was great. Never knew what was coming in that. Registered patients in registration for test and/or procedures to have done. Check insurance for co pays.
Pros
Untrustworthy mgmt in Dept.. Loved working the ER
Cons
mgmt in dept.
Awful
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flowers hospitalMarch 9, 2017
Job is awful. Poor management. Poor training. You looking at 10 screens at one time. You have to remember 10 passwords. You working 12 hrs with only a 30 min lunch no breaks. The nurses are rude. They do not do yearly raises. This job is NOT with 8.50/hr.
Standard Hospital workplace
Patient Transporter/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 18, 2017
I love the job I do at Flowers. I enjoy working in assisting patients and I flat out just love people. My main concern (and this only applies to certain departments) is employee interaction.
awful
STAFF TECHNOLOGIST Radiology (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 6, 2017
You will be worked into the ground and not compensated anywhere near what is appropriate for the abuse you must endure. Turnover is very high. The only people who stick it out at Flowers are the ones that started right out of school and don't know any better. Most techs who have worked elsewhere leave at the first opportunity because of the malignant environment. The years I spent there were probably the worst of my life. Don't work here unless you have no other options. Take a pay cut to work elsewhere if you have to do so. However, the urgent cares in Dothan pay about the same and give you one third the workload.
Pros
they provide a free employee appreciation meal twice a year, and the food is so awful you may get food poisoning, and have to stay at home sick long enough to finally utilize your EIB time, #steakshouldn'tbegreen
Cons
malignant environment, soul crushing administration
Flowers Hospital review
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 18, 2017
A typical night at work was always amazing my patients made my nights better. I learned that working in a hospital it really can change your POV on a lot things and POV on the health care field. I loved my coworkers, they made my first night ever working so much more comfortable. The hardest part of my job was leaving my patients or knowing that some may not have had a chance to see the next day. The most enjoyable part about my job was seeing my coworkers and working with my patients.
Pros
Discount on lunches, healthcare benefits, the hours, and even more discounts on condos at the beaches.
Cons
N/a
challenging level 2 emergenmcy room experience
Level two trauma emergency room physician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 10, 2016
The hospital provides a well supported and staffed emergency department environment. Excellent peer support and good CEO guidance. the hardest part is the intensity of the night shift work load at times, the easiest most enjoyable part is good interacting with the staff.
Flowers Hospital - Rehab Services
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working in Rehab Services! They had an excellent staff who displayed wonderful team work and cared for one another just like a family would.
Pros
Great work environment
Great company
Nursing Secretary, PCT III, ICT II (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 13, 2016
Great company, great co-workers, and great physician's. Benefits are great for employee's but very expensive if you are insuring your family. The pay is low considering the cost of living.
Pros
great benefits for the employee
Cons
expensive insurance if insuring the entire family
Pay is terrible
RN (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 25, 2016
Your pay is terrible, especially after everything is taking out of your check. Benefits are not good at all. over $500 a month for just a husband and wife. Upper management does not care about the needs of the nurses, they only look out for other upper management employees. Not worth working here unless the pay rate sky rockets.
Enjoyed my Nursing Colleagues and the Patient care at Flowers!
MICU5 RN (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 4, 2016
I am grateful for the opportunity to refresh my nursing skills and all certifications. I loved the people at Flowers and enjoyed the patient care. The management leaves a bit to be desired and they need to upgrade their pay scale to match that of SAMC, but the work was definitely rewarding. The schedule was not conducive to completing my goals of attaining my BSN and my other family obligations.
The work is inside
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 31, 2016
Made some good friends, met some very nice patients, learned a lot of simple medical terms, large parking area
Co-Workers work together as a team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 26, 2016
Day starts with report from off going nurse. Then assessments and medications to be passed. Dressing changes to be done and of course the documentation. I love the interaction with patients. I love working at a job that I feel as though I can make a difference in the lives of others and making them feel as though they are family.
awesome work place that makes you feel like family
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 18, 2016
From day one everyone at flowers hospital has always made me feel like i was apart of one big family.Everyone goes out their way to make sure everyone is taken car of, whether its patients or fellow co-workers.
Great place to work. Wish there was more room for advancement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 20, 2015
Great work hours and flexibility for the most part. Wish there were more "hands on" involvement by nursing administration. The administration overall is excellent. Patients receive great care.
fun place to work but very fast pace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  dothan, alAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at Flowers Hospital includes logging into the computer , getting all patients that need to be seen in the emergency room registered, getting all needed paperwork signed, getting armband on patient, and finally taking all signed paperwork to triage.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
working 12 hour shifts with just a 30 minute lunch
productive, friendly, very busy
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, alAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at flowers hospital can be very stressful at times, very busy. The management was friendly and the employees are friendly and helpful.
benefits
Great Therapy Services
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 3, 2015
Excellent and ethical occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy. Able to provide great care at a good hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLOWERS HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

FLOWERS HOSPITAL Reviews by Location