Flowers Employee Reviews in United States

Engineering Lead
Lead Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 9, 2016
Good pay, but little concern with life outside of work. HR was very good folks, QC was good, but relationship amongst peers was very bad.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life outside of work
Productive and great place all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 21, 2015
A fast pace work place with super supportive management.
All about customer service and making them feel great.
If you love working with the public and helping them make others smile this is the place for you!
Pros
Helping make others lives better!
Good pay extremely long hours
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2015
Management and overall job was good. The pay was above average but the working hours ranged from 65-85 hours a week. Shifts begin around midnight and can end between 230 pm and 630 pm. Hours are different everyday and you are on call 24/7 with only one off day a week. You also only get one week of vacation a year and do not have any benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits, no family life, bad hours
Fun Work place
Product Sales/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2015
It was a easy productive day. Checking in the drivers and preparing billing and filing. Running machinery using the AS400 data network.
Pros
Great Work hours
Cons
It was only a seasonal job
comfortable company to work for
Home Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2015
Geat work from home company. The job is stressless and the managers and trainers make it easy to learn the position and teach you how to be comfortable working with customers.
Pros
worked from home didn't have to worry about traffic
Cons
i can't think of any
A Company with the opportunity for growth as well as salary promotions.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 30, 2015
A Company with the opportunity for growth as well as a good starting salary with many opportunities for promotions.

Opportunity to work over time.

Great hours 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Pros
BEAUTIFUL Building!, Outstanding and Caring Management Staff, Free Lunch throughout the year, Wonderful "Bonuses"!, Pay raises yearly.
Cons
Some Positions are Seasonal
I loved my co-workers.
avas (Former Employee) –  mahwah, new erseyMarch 12, 2015
A lot of over time during valentines, mothers day, christmas, ect, little to no breaks during "black out season".
Sales rep make $9 an hour pus commission.
Customer service reps make $9/hr plus monthly bonus(about 15$ with bonus)
The CEO is bi-polar and talks badly to the managers, i've seen too many managers storm out crying hysterically because he calls them idiots all the time. At first they work with your schedule then its like they forget and schedule you outside of your available hours without caring.
When ever you make a mistake in the system they right you a "incident report" which takes away from your monthly bonus/commission. When ever you are late they take away from your bonus/commission. If you have a emergency and cannot come into work they DO NOT CARE they will take away from your bonus/commission. They are always trying to get you for your money. They always find new ways to take from your bonus.
Sales lead and managers are on salary and work 10+ hour shifts.

* Get ready to listen to angry customers ALL DAY, they NEVER get what they pay for. Policies are always changing. Maybe 1 out of 300 customers is happy with their order.
*Run while you can!!!!!! -- I warned you.
Pros
bonus, if you are perfect and never run into a emergency.
Cons
when you are late they take away your bonus, if you call out they take away your bonus. they do not care that you had a emergency, got into a car accident, had to take your child to the hospital. they do not play, if you are late or call out they take away your bonus.
Great people and place to work, nice working outdoors.
Cashier/Retail (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 3, 2015
Seasonal employment. Working with customers and being outside is great in the summer. No room for advancement. Family owned business for generations. I learned many things about dealing with customers in a retail environment.
it developed my communication skills
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  clark field, pampangaFebruary 5, 2015
confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products and services. I learned to true meaning of customer satisfaction, I learned how to deal with different people in different situations and it developed my communication skills. management is good. my co-workers are friendly. the hardest part of job is when dealing with prank callers and having minus points for it. the most enjoyable part is when customers are giving you the highest rate of satisfaction.
Best place I ever worked at
President / CEO (Former Employee) –  HUBBARD,OHJanuary 21, 2015
I ran all daily operations from ceo to carpentry. Travel all over the world
Organized Chaos
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, New YorkOctober 31, 2014
Answering phones from customers via your home who wouldn't like that. Except management isn't capable of handling all issues as they would if worked in an office environment. If you are tech savvy and can diagnose your own computer issues and compatibility issues as well as keep up the customer service side of the business that's great! And this is the job for you! Expect employees to buy upgraded equipment on a routine basis or upgrade internet services when deemed necessary. At $9.00/hr its not possible.
Pros
working from home, customers are sweet, product is great
Cons
no support, pay rate, pay incentives not timely and not very organized
Productive work environment, Experienced Management, Excellent benefits.
Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Challenging every day work extreme safety conscience, experienced management, the hardest part of the job was night shift but got used to it after some time, I enjoyed very much having a team of engineers that learned and appreciated in depth knowledge of equipments component designs and overall process.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
24 hours shifts.
good enviorment for growth
Pick-up driver (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 31, 2014
wouldn't mind staying on fulltime good company nice envioment just that job was seasonal was looking for fuultime permanent
Confidential service to patients.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 28, 2014
I enjoyed being on the front end of dealing with patients. Made them feel comfortable so they would have a pleasant doctor's visit. Sometimes patients would get upset due to overcrowding, and there was nothing I could do about it.
Pros
dealing with patient first.
Cons
complaints about long wait.
Amazing
ASSISSTANT ACCOUNTANT AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJune 26, 2014
It has een an amzing experience to work at the flower shop. Everyday is a learning day.
1800 Flowers
Florist (Current Employee) –  Bay Ridge, New YorkFebruary 12, 2014
Working at 1-800 Flowers was a challenge. Before working there, i thought that working with flowers were easy but they are harder than you think. I wrapped flowers and water vases, which was a typical day at work. I learned the process of actually making flowers in which I thought had been easy. The manager pushed me to work but also offered food and asked do I need any breaks. The co-workers sometimes took advantage of me but I always kept calm and did not show attitude. I always came to work 10 minutes before I started working. The hardest part of the job was to wrap some of the presents. The most enjoyable parts of the job was to water the vases and making boxes.
A faced past environment where I can use my skills and techniques
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2013
My name is Indea Bolar and my typical work day if pleasant. I am eagerly ready to do my job with a positive attitude and help customers. I am in control of opening a closing a store. The hardest part of my job is controlling my multitasking, but I am learning to do my job as quickly and effectively as I can and the most enjoyable part of my job is staying busy and working with people.
Gets you by
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2013
Working third shift is sometimes difficult, but the worst is when some people are allowed to sleep while others work their tail off.
The management do not seem to care about the shifts other than day shift, so the abuse of time goes unnoticed.
Otherwise, the job was good, I learned a lot of things working there. Job security is ok, but it seems to take forever to get to another shift. The shops is union so seniority rules. I worked there 5 years on third shift.
The benefits of working for the union were excellent, such as good pay, cheap insurance and good retirement. Unfortunately the retirement went into the red and it was frozen.
Seasonal
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 15, 2013
Great training
learned new computer data input programs

assisted customers with their orders or replacements

enjoyed my employment with them
Pros
casual
Cons
seasonal
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMNovember 5, 2013
1800Flowers is a multi billion dollar company, where there customer service is the best I have seen.