Flowers Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
National Sales Manager Stock Yards (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 11, 2016
Fun office to work in lots of activities such as picnics, ice cream socials, holiday parties. Also games such as bingo for prizes. Walking challenges also have taken place.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Ethics
Great interactions
DsD Vendor (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GANovember 28, 2016
Interacted with people from all backgrounds. Can be fast pace depending on the load of delivers. Created a friendly environment with a variety of managers, making sales and interaction easy but professionally.
productive and fast paced!
Break Relief (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 11, 2016
My typical day is mainly good get a lot done as fast as I can!

I learned to do many things like boxing and palletizing also learned how to run a lot of the main machinery and quality checks on the merchandise to see if it would meet the desired condition before being shipped out.

the management was ok.(but could improve)

The co-workers were great they were helpful, funny and easy to get along with.

The hardest part was keeping up with the bread on the conveyor with out it over flowing.

The most enjoyable was the team!
Pros
learned alot and great benefits
Cons
Hot.
fun work space with a lot of creative freedom
Florist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2016
● Assist customers with orders and questions, as well as maintain an upstanding service and warming hospitality.
● Change water, cut, condition, process and clean flowers.
● In charge of sanitary and organization standards in the premises.
● Plan, make, wrap and price completed arrangements.
Pros
Costumers, location, taks
Cons
management, payroll
Worked for 5 different managers
Customer Service, Management roles (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Even though my District and Regional managers BOTH said that my 5th manager Loved me one day and that the next day she hated me they took her word. Eventually they unloaded the entire staff but never called me back.
Pros
The coffee - I had a great D/M
Cons
Too quick to turn against you and too much movement
Fun Place to work with great coworkers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 12, 2016
Was a great place to work with great co workers and flexible hours. Opened and closed store, rang customers up,stocked store shelves,checked in shipments, and made up special orders for customers.
Engineering Lead
Lead Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 9, 2016
Good pay, but little concern with life outside of work. HR was very good folks, QC was good, but relationship amongst peers was very bad.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life outside of work
easy and made good money
flowers bakery (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 2, 2016
I've learned how to work on a conveyor belt and watch how bread was being made for a lot of companies and great benefits great company to work for
Good pay extremely long hours
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2015
Management and overall job was good. The pay was above average but the working hours ranged from 65-85 hours a week. Shifts begin around midnight and can end between 230 pm and 630 pm. Hours are different everyday and you are on call 24/7 with only one off day a week. You also only get one week of vacation a year and do not have any benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits, no family life, bad hours
Productive and great place all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 21, 2015
A fast pace work place with super supportive management.
All about customer service and making them feel great.
If you love working with the public and helping them make others smile this is the place for you!
Pros
Helping make others lives better!

Want to know more about Flowers?

Ask a question
A Company with the opportunity for growth as well as salary promotions.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 30, 2015
A Company with the opportunity for growth as well as a good starting salary with many opportunities for promotions.

Opportunity to work over time.

Great hours 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Pros
BEAUTIFUL Building!, Outstanding and Caring Management Staff, Free Lunch throughout the year, Wonderful "Bonuses"!, Pay raises yearly.
Cons
Some Positions are Seasonal
it developed my communication skills
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  clark field, pampangaFebruary 5, 2015
confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products and services. I learned to true meaning of customer satisfaction, I learned how to deal with different people in different situations and it developed my communication skills. management is good. my co-workers are friendly. the hardest part of job is when dealing with prank callers and having minus points for it. the most enjoyable part is when customers are giving you the highest rate of satisfaction.
Organized Chaos
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, New YorkOctober 31, 2014
Answering phones from customers via your home who wouldn't like that. Except management isn't capable of handling all issues as they would if worked in an office environment. If you are tech savvy and can diagnose your own computer issues and compatibility issues as well as keep up the customer service side of the business that's great! And this is the job for you! Expect employees to buy upgraded equipment on a routine basis or upgrade internet services when deemed necessary. At $9.00/hr its not possible.
Pros
working from home, customers are sweet, product is great
Cons
no support, pay rate, pay incentives not timely and not very organized
1800 Flowers
Florist (Current Employee) –  Bay Ridge, New YorkFebruary 12, 2014
Working at 1-800 Flowers was a challenge. Before working there, i thought that working with flowers were easy but they are harder than you think. I wrapped flowers and water vases, which was a typical day at work. I learned the process of actually making flowers in which I thought had been easy. The manager pushed me to work but also offered food and asked do I need any breaks. The co-workers sometimes took advantage of me but I always kept calm and did not show attitude. I always came to work 10 minutes before I started working. The hardest part of the job was to wrap some of the presents. The most enjoyable parts of the job was to water the vases and making boxes.
Business was slow.
Florist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 18, 2012
I started work at 9am closed & cleaned up around 7-8:30 pm. I sat outside to sell the plants and flowers. I learned how to arrange small packs of flowers and how to handle and cut roses, how to wrap them in papers. I worked alone all day, the owner would come by at night to collect the money and would leave. There really wasn't a hard part of the job just that business was slow and i never got paid my full amount. The part that i enjoyed the most about the job was that it was fun talking and meeting new people.
Pros
none really
Cons
no breaks, no benfits, too many hours.
Great benefits
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GADecember 17, 2012
Unload trucks, and move items from loading bay to shelves with forklifts. Or transport some items to different warehouses within the company or showrooms.
Family owned company that really looked at employees as numbers. Very little advancement in the company because a lot of the owner's family members had all the management positions. The most enjoyable part of the company was the benefits. They have very great benefits. You can accrue Time off that rollover into the next year.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
temp to hire, no advancement
Gets you by
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2013
Working third shift is sometimes difficult, but the worst is when some people are allowed to sleep while others work their tail off.
The management do not seem to care about the shifts other than day shift, so the abuse of time goes unnoticed.
Otherwise, the job was good, I learned a lot of things working there. Job security is ok, but it seems to take forever to get to another shift. The shops is union so seniority rules. I worked there 5 years on third shift.
The benefits of working for the union were excellent, such as good pay, cheap insurance and good retirement. Unfortunately the retirement went into the red and it was frozen.
Productive work environment, Experienced Management, Excellent benefits.
Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Challenging every day work extreme safety conscience, experienced management, the hardest part of the job was night shift but got used to it after some time, I enjoyed very much having a team of engineers that learned and appreciated in depth knowledge of equipments component designs and overall process.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
24 hours shifts.
A faced past environment where I can use my skills and techniques
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2013
My name is Indea Bolar and my typical work day if pleasant. I am eagerly ready to do my job with a positive attitude and help customers. I am in control of opening a closing a store. The hardest part of my job is controlling my multitasking, but I am learning to do my job as quickly and effectively as I can and the most enjoyable part of my job is staying busy and working with people.
comfortable company to work for
Home Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2015
Geat work from home company. The job is stressless and the managers and trainers make it easy to learn the position and teach you how to be comfortable working with customers.
Pros
worked from home didn't have to worry about traffic
Cons
i can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowers. Our community is ready to answer.

60%