Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 11, 2017
I love Floyd. Everyone here is so kind, caring and great to work with. They are very understanding when things come up. They help you push through you work day and are willing to help in any way possible.
Pros
Great beneifits
Cons
Parking
Review
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 24, 2017
Floyd Medical Center is a great place to work. Communication is not practiced as much as it should be in my opinion. However the overall work experience is good.
Poor Management and no lunch breaks
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 21, 2017
Management is very poor. If you have an issue and speak with your manager it is only a matter of minutes before everyone else knows. Also while working 12 hr shifts we had to take lunch breaks at nursing station due to not enough coverage to allow anyone a lunch break.
Pros
direct patient care
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor management, overworked and unappreciated.
Director of Security and Dispatch Services (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 12, 2017
FMC is a great place to work. It is very family oriented and team oriented. It is a great place to learn many aspects of the healthcare business. One of the best things is helping patients in their journey for better health.
Cons
benefits could be better
productive, busy enjoyable job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work is coming to work and getting the things that need to be completed that day done and working on the following day assignments. I really enjoyed my job because I worked in a office where everybody cared and helped one another, we grew together, fix problems together and worked as a team. i loved and still do the patients, you learn to grow to them especially the ones you see quite often.
Hidden talents are all over FMC
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 31, 2017
Being knowledgeable is minimized in such a way you feel unwanted, your department is virtually non-existent even within the organization. If you are looking for stability you will not find it in the Mother-Baby Dept.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Directors are overloaded and your job may seem forgotten
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 30, 2017
Great company to volunteer for! The atmosphere was just wonderful and the people you work with are just fantastic! I would love to come back and volunteer again just to see the big beautiful smiles on everyone's face.
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant/Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. Love it. Great culture and people are amazing. It can be stressful at time but what job isn't? There are perks like getting to go to meeting out of town, etc. You will be sitting at a desk all day but some times you get to travel for facility needs and that is fun!
Monotone and life-sucking workplace.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
In all the time that I have worked there I have NOT ONCE had a conversation with our director. She always cancels meetings minutes before and her office door is always shut. She is not very personable at all and it shows. We receive virtually no feedback as to how we are doing and what we can do to improve and there are days where you don't see management at all. Some might enjoy that type of work, but not me. I thrive off of constructive criticism and positive feedback and that was nowhere to be found. Poor management all the way around.
Great place to work as long as you know your role and don't cross the wrong people. Good ole boy system.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
I loved my job and most people I worked with. The bottom line at Floyd comes down to money not patient care(they preach patient care but actions prove otherwise). I was highly successful and very good at my job and was very well liked and respected amongst most co-workers. The good ole boy system is in place. I crossed the wrong one and was terminated. Speaking only of my department, they are ok with management that has shown to be bullies, sexist, racist and homophobic. Stay on their good side and you have nothing to worry about. Work load is growing. Help is not(at least on 3rd shift).
Pros
Get to help people, most coworkers are great
Cons
Management does not care about their workers
Great Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 14, 2017
A typical workday is very busy, but a lot of team work here. Management cares about the staff. lots of opportunity for professional development. One of the best hospitals that I have worked in.
Pros
professional development, culture, teamwork
Cons
can be very busy
Hospital
RN IV Therapy (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 24, 2017
Was a typical hospital. Has a good reputation for providing quality care. Has a lot of long term employees. Provides benefits to full time employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 27, 2017
Floyd is a job where you can learn expand your knowledge base if you take advantage of it, and also Floyd encourages higher learning and advancement. Floyd has a family environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2017
I actually liked working here it was quiet I worked at my own pace didn't like stats though only thing that was hard about job my break's were good time wish they had free lunch for employees the pay could have been better considering the hours you had to work
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
The benefits and the pay
hosptial
Radiologic and Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 19, 2017
this hospital has grown by leaps and bounds. the daily to day staff really care about their patients however middle management leaves something to be desired.
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Primary Care officeFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great hours. Chance for advancement. Overtime was frequently offered. Helpful and knowledgeable coworkers. I would recommend as a place of employment
good job. Only problem was long hours. Loved the job , but wanted 8 hr. shifts.
Lead Tech/Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  304 Shorter Ave. Rome, GaFebruary 6, 2017
12 hr. shifts are never 12 hr. for a nurse, but still a very good job. Really liked working here. Good benefits. Good pay rates.
great facility
PRN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 3, 2017
facility and services always expanding. as with all organizations, there are some growing pains but definitely a great place to be.
working at Floyd Medical Center
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Floyd Medical Center was a good environment to work in.There are many job positions there, and offers a selection of careers. They are steady remodeling to make it a better place.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not much over time
Busy Busy
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GA 30165December 5, 2016
Very busy, but in a good way. A lot goes into the operation to bring forth quality food and service. I've learned how to manage multiple positions simultaneously while managing my own area. Being as I'm part of the management team, I strive to ensure the employees have the means to accomplish their task successfully with direction and confidence. The hardest part of the job would be making sure items are used properly. Avoiding misusage or overages is a must to maintain budget. I enjoy the everyday challenge the job brings. Everyday is something, meaning everyday is never the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Floyd Medical Center Reviews by Location