Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Centre Alabama Urgent Care
Clinical/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Centre AlabamaJanuary 22, 2016
The office manager likes to pick her favorites and they get away with anything. If you went to school together and fit in their little click you are good but if not you get the short end of the stick and no matter how good you do the will pull up 1 wrong thing just to get you fired.
Pros
main hospital is good. varying weekends
Cons
only 1 30 mminute lunch no other breaks. Management. low pay rate for job duties
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly loved learning more about my job by going to seminars on continuing education. I loved my co-workers and working in the laboratory. I gained a knowledge of medical terminology as well as anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I left due to inadequate child care, but I stayed an extra 4 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice because they could not find a replacement and I did not want them to be shorthanded so I voluntarily stayed until they could find a replacement.
Cons
n0ne
Floyd Behavioral Health is a TOXIC work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 16, 2016
Unhealthy place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients but most of the staff and management were very unprofessional. The department leads fuel the toxic environment which is not something one would except of nurses and counselors.
Pros
I can not think of any for Floyd Behavioral Health
Cons
Horrible co-workers, poor management, under paid
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 23, 2016
Most co-workers would play on their phones or the computer all day, lead tech would not get up from seat to help when extremely busy, management had their favorites and let everyone know, under paid, no holiday pay, if you want a fulfilling job go somewhere else if you like high school drama work at Floyd.
Pros
Hours, getting another job
Cons
Everyrhing!!!
Large Hospital with good patient care
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2016
Plenty of departments and opportunity to grow in this hospital. Good management and co-workers. Enjoyable atmosphere with co-workers willing to lend a hand when needed.
Be nice because you must remember at floyd to watch your back.
VIP (Not ) (Former Employee) –  ECC StaffJanuary 11, 2013
Hope you have a good long career there of you choose, it used to be so fun i couldn't wait to get to work, then i was harassed, by the management and singled out for punishment, and others did the same things without anyone saying a word. I was suspended for something i did not do. I had a boss there that told one of his workers he needed to loose weight. Later on the hosp itself made certain people loose weight, but not the really obese ones they would file lawsuits. if you did not participate your insurance would go up 30 dollars. They make you set stupid goals and if you reach them you get a raise if not that hold it against you at raise time. Make sure you don't have your hair to long they may say thats not right either.
Pros
great friends
Cons
cut throat, will not stand behind you .
Just okay. Need serious overhaul in business infrastructure
Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 27, 2012
A descent place to work as a nurse as far as the people you work with are concerned. Management and administration is detached and out of the loop. They have their standard "Golden Children" and it is basically a popularity contest there. There is a high nurse to patient ratio there on the med-surge floors and there EMR system is horrible for electronic charting and meds.They are very flexible with work hours and shifts and do make an effort to help you out when you need time off. The health insurance here is less than desirable, and Floyd has one of the lowest pay rates for nurses of any hospital in the area.
Pros
shift flexibility, work peers.
Cons
no breaks, health insurance and benefits, advancement, admin and management.
Unit Secretary
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 25, 2016
I work in administration for QA. I make sure all the charts are done and finished correctly. I also fill in for Unit Secretary if needed.
Pros
Do not have a set time to be here long as my hours are complete
Cons
I want to move up and I am not seeing that in the future.
Steady
Certified Nurse Assistant & Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 24, 2013
Work consist of receiving report for my patients for the shift. I meet up with my fellow coworkers, to achieve common goals and provide the best care possible. I check all my patients, answer the phone and call lights. I also pull up the system in the computer to edit any changes in my patients and chart vitals and outputs. My coworkers are wonderful to work with. Almost everyone has the same work ethics as I do, and finish our work efficiently. The hardest part of my job is having the patience to deal with certain patients who make it hard to care for them. I enjoy my job because I enjoy helping people. I like being among other people who also enjoy helping other people.
Pros
great teamwork, and job security
Cons
no room for advancement, no raise
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rome,GAFebruary 9, 2015
Worked for Floyd many years and have become like a family to me.
Floyd is a nonprofit organization and has great benefits for out community. The residents have a family practice for non insured patients. The hospital is a trauma center that helps all patients as well.
Pros
discount lunch and gift shop alot of employee discounts within the community for example at&t etc.
Cons
healthcare
Excellent benefits, some of the people are nice.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2012
It was a good place to work and the benefits are excellent. A typical day was just walking the floors of the hospital and helping people when they needed it or responding to calls from the dispatch office when help is needed. I learned valuable experience in dealing with different types of people in different situations and to be careful. Management was strict, but it is understandable with the jobs we had to do. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those people that caused problems like fighting or cursing and those that were intoxicated or on drugs. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and seeing those that you haven't seen in a long time.
Pros
benefits, meeting new people, seeing those that you haven't seen in a while, traveling to different offices and locations
Cons
pay, needed more training in self defense, carry a weapon for protection, more authority with our position
Much Nepotism and Bullying
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Floyd Medical CenterMarch 5, 2013
As an office assistant, I can say they operated with buddies buddying around and management having a blind eye toward it. Further, the physicians and management like bullying the people that actually work to continue working even harder. The manner in which they handle employees and much of their procedures definitely needs to be reviewed and overhauled. The wages are poor to fair for what they expect. Benefits can be good if you need them. For the most part, I would say Floyd offers some people "work" and others "professional BS careers".
Pros
ample parking
Cons
do not recommend as a future
Great place to work, truly an EMS Family
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Floyd. This is a great place to work. Their is a family atmosphere at Floyd. Leadership wants the employees to excell and advance, very supportive.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 8, 2015
I get started with vitals and BBG's. I put up my hourly rounding sheets as I go around and greet my patients. I assist patients with bathing, dressing and preparing for bed. I also help patients with their toileting needs and transfers. This is a great place to work with great benefits
Pros
great place for advancement
Cons
hard to advance
the most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 16, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management! It is one of the best places I have worked. Everyone gets along and helps each other out when needed.
Productive and Rewarding job
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 20, 2015
There are 3 main jobs that are rotated evenly. Everyday clerks would register patients for planned procedures while others would visit patient rooms to complete registration process. Working in the back office meant answering the phones and starting precerts. I am very precise which helped my accurately prepare patient's information and verify insurance. There was a lot of work to be done, but I learned how to use my time efficiently and be successful. I think the team was well managed and all authority stayed involved and helpful. As with most jobs, some coworkers are more helpful than others. Most were hardworking and reliable but others were not motivated and gossiped. The hardest part of the job was learning everything! There is so much information to learn that it is easy to make a mistake and get frustrated. On top of that, there was a lot that had to be done and only so much time to do it. But I absolutely loved my job as a registration clerk. I enjoyed the equal balance of interviewing patients and doing office work.
After 9 years...
Insurance Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 10, 2014
Unorganized management often
Great Healthcare benefits
Employee satisfaction important
Enjoyed independent work
Friendly atmosphere
Family-friendly company gatherings
Public hospital--pretty good place to work
Women's Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 20, 2013
Our pay is good, benefits are good but we have been changing insurance providers yearly for the past few years. The corporate side pays a lot of attention to culture and values, rolling out programs frequently. I will mention a disparity between the talk about how everyone matters and the treatment of front line staff at times. The coworkers are mostly awesome, though.
Great organization but beware of malicious management
Front office assistant (Current Employee) –  RomeSeptember 25, 2012
Great organization, obligated to work with everyone's non-experienced relatives and malicious management make it difficult for advancement.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
chained by monotony

Comment – October 19, 2012

"malicious" management and family working with family has been an on going issue with primary care & the urgent care clinics for years. Staff turn over will continue and then they wonder why the organization is under scrutiny with the recent and past news of employee arrests

Director (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 8, 2013
Great bunch of people to work with. My department performed everything as a team which reflected greatly throughout the entire hospital. There's not any negative comments I can make about Floyd they have always been good to me. However since healthcare is being affected by the economy there were cutbacks that needed to be made and I can understand that.
benefits
Cons
n/a