Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant/Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. Love it. Great culture and people are amazing. It can be stressful at time but what job isn't? There are perks like getting to go to meeting out of town, etc. You will be sitting at a desk all day but some times you get to travel for facility needs and that is fun!
Monotone and life-sucking workplace.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
In all the time that I have worked there I have NOT ONCE had a conversation with our director. She always cancels meetings minutes before and her office door is always shut. She is not very personable at all and it shows. We receive virtually no feedback as to how we are doing and what we can do to improve and there are days where you don't see management at all. Some might enjoy that type of work, but not me. I thrive off of constructive criticism and positive feedback and that was nowhere to be found. Poor management all the way around.
Great place to work as long as you know your role and don't cross the wrong people. Good ole boy system.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
I loved my job and most people I worked with. The bottom line at Floyd comes down to money not patient care(they preach patient care but actions prove otherwise). I was highly successful and very good at my job and was very well liked and respected amongst most co-workers. The good ole boy system is in place. I crossed the wrong one and was terminated. Speaking only of my department, they are ok with management that has shown to be bullies, sexist, racist and homophobic. Stay on their good side and you have nothing to worry about. Work load is growing. Help is not(at least on 3rd shift).
Pros
Get to help people, most coworkers are great
Cons
Management does not care about their workers
Great Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 14, 2017
A typical workday is very busy, but a lot of team work here. Management cares about the staff. lots of opportunity for professional development. One of the best hospitals that I have worked in.
Pros
professional development, culture, teamwork
Cons
can be very busy
Hospital
RN IV Therapy (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 24, 2017
Was a typical hospital. Has a good reputation for providing quality care. Has a lot of long term employees. Provides benefits to full time employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 27, 2017
Floyd is a job where you can learn expand your knowledge base if you take advantage of it, and also Floyd encourages higher learning and advancement. Floyd has a family environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2017
I actually liked working here it was quiet I worked at my own pace didn't like stats though only thing that was hard about job my break's were good time wish they had free lunch for employees the pay could have been better considering the hours you had to work
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
The benefits and the pay
hosptial
Radiologic and Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 19, 2017
this hospital has grown by leaps and bounds. the daily to day staff really care about their patients however middle management leaves something to be desired.
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Primary Care officeFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great hours. Chance for advancement. Overtime was frequently offered. Helpful and knowledgeable coworkers. I would recommend as a place of employment
good job. Only problem was long hours. Loved the job , but wanted 8 hr. shifts.
Lead Tech/Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  304 Shorter Ave. Rome, GaFebruary 6, 2017
12 hr. shifts are never 12 hr. for a nurse, but still a very good job. Really liked working here. Good benefits. Good pay rates.
great facility
PRN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 3, 2017
facility and services always expanding. as with all organizations, there are some growing pains but definitely a great place to be.
working at Floyd Medical Center
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Floyd Medical Center was a good environment to work in.There are many job positions there, and offers a selection of careers. They are steady remodeling to make it a better place.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not much over time
Busy Busy
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GA 30165December 5, 2016
Very busy, but in a good way. A lot goes into the operation to bring forth quality food and service. I've learned how to manage multiple positions simultaneously while managing my own area. Being as I'm part of the management team, I strive to ensure the employees have the means to accomplish their task successfully with direction and confidence. The hardest part of the job would be making sure items are used properly. Avoiding misusage or overages is a must to maintain budget. I enjoy the everyday challenge the job brings. Everyday is something, meaning everyday is never the same.
great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 27, 2016
Patients were amazing and the staff was amazing. Hours were long bc we worked 12 hour shifts but they made them fun . managers were great always asking to make sure we didn't need anything for our jobs.... Employees were pretty great too
See my previous review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 3, 2016
I have answered this in my previous post. I went from being a nurse tech when starting out at Floyd to obtaining my nursing license and switching over to the role of registered nurse.
Fun and inspiring volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 14, 2016
Was able to make rounds around the hospital giving out arts and crafts for patients. As well as going the the Behavioral Health Center to engage in art therapy with the patients. I loved being able to bring happiness to patients stuck at the hospital and being able to help those at FBH with the gift of art.
Pros
1 free meal on volunteer day, bringing happiness to people
Cons
no pay
Horrible co-workers, poor management, under paid
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 23, 2016
Most co-workers would play on their phones or the computer all day, lead tech would not get up from seat to help when extremely busy, management had their favorites and let everyone know, under paid, no holiday pay, if you want a fulfilling job go somewhere else if you like high school drama work at Floyd.
Pros
Hours, getting another job
Cons
Everyrhing!!!
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly loved learning more about my job by going to seminars on continuing education. I loved my co-workers and working in the laboratory. I gained a knowledge of medical terminology as well as anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I left due to inadequate child care, but I stayed an extra 4 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice because they could not find a replacement and I did not want them to be shorthanded so I voluntarily stayed until they could find a replacement.
Cons
n0ne
Floyd Behavioral Health is a TOXIC work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 16, 2016
Unhealthy place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients but most of the staff and management were very unprofessional. The department leads fuel the toxic environment which is not something one would except of nurses and counselors.
Pros
I can not think of any for Floyd Behavioral Health
Cons
Large Hospital with good patient care
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2016
Plenty of departments and opportunity to grow in this hospital. Good management and co-workers. Enjoyable atmosphere with co-workers willing to lend a hand when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Floyd Medical Center Reviews by Location