Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

very productive and friendly work place
Clinical Care Coordination Assistant (Current Employee), Rome, GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
Pros: working friendships
Cons: working breaks and lunches
A typical day at work begins with reports and talking to staff on the different units to find out staffing, and what's needed on these units, registering and transporting patients to different facilities in the Floyd family.

In the department where I work the employees work together really well because there are so many different components to the units no one could run it without all the help supplied.

The hardest part of this job is only working every weekend, and missing out on family time.
OK hospital to work at. NO holiday pay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rome, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: had a job
Cons: Most days no break time.
Busy hospital work. No time for breaks most days. ED like to sent admissions at shift change. had cna's to help with patient care. Management ok to work with.
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Rome, GAMay 20, 2015
Great place to work. Working in the ER was very very busy but the learning experience was so amazing. Something new every day with every patient. The management and nursing staff were great. The hardest part of my job was seeing such traumatic injuries and loss of life. The best part of my job there was learning so much in such a short amount of time.
A typical work day.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Rome, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: No day is ever boring.
Cons: Stressful at times
A typical work day can mean anything from having a casual conversation with a patient and there family to an intense code blue situation.
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee), Rome,GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: discount lunch and gift shop alot of employee discounts within the community for example at&t etc.
Cons: healthcare
Worked for Floyd many years and have become like a family to me.
Floyd is a nonprofit organization and has great benefits for out community. The residents have a family practice for non insured patients. The hospital is a trauma center that helps all patients as well.
What I Loved About My Job At Floyd...
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 9, 2015
What I loved about Floyd was knowing all the different patients, co-workers and learning different things every day. I loved being in the trauma rooms or in the ER. I loved getting new machines, they where like new toys to me so it would be better and faster for patients.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Rome, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great place for advancement
Cons: hard to advance
I get started with vitals and BBG's. I put up my hourly rounding sheets as I go around and greet my patients. I assist patients with bathing, dressing and preparing for bed. I also help patients with their toileting needs and transfers. This is a great place to work with great benefits
Professional and caring atmosphere
Film Room Clerk (Former Employee), Rome, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: sometimes it doesn't pay enough
Everyone treated patients with the best care of any hospital I had ever been to. I would and have referred my family and friends there.
Mental Health Technician/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Rome, GaDecember 29, 2014
Floyd Medical is a great place to work with a friendly, well educated, and very helpful staff.
Incredible Doctors and a Hospital focused on helping the community.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Rome, GADecember 12, 2014
Floyd Medical Center has opened doors to better our community. They are driven by giving people who enjoy making a difference in peoples lives.
After 9 years...
Friendly atmosphere
Family-friendly company gatherings
Great Coworkers
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Rome, GANovember 7, 2014
I enjoy working with my fellow co workers. We work hard and well together.
Productive and great place
Lab Intern (Current Employee), Rome, GAOctober 9, 2014
People pull for one another
A place to consider if you are in Rome, GA
Easy scheduling, good benefits, enjoyed working there
Nurse Educator/Leadership, Dept of Critical Care (Former Employee), Rome, GASeptember 8, 2014
A general day at work in ICU included receiving systemic reports from night shift RN. Starting the day with a complete assessment, ensuring all IV's, ventilator settings, and patient safety was addressed. Assisting MD with patient status updates, reviewing labs and following orders for the day which may include diagnostic testing. As the charge nurse and clinical educator, I was part of the critical care management team. I, under the CC director whom was available at all times and very precise in completing his job. Staff was educated and train above expectations. I worked with extremely strong nurses that were easy and pleasant to work with. We easily worked as a team
Good Organization
Auxiliary Coordinator (Current Employee), Rome, GAAugust 19, 2014
Friendly staff and departments.Good mission statement and environment
Productive and Fast pace work setting
registration clerk (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 15, 2014
Typical day was clocking in,and registering patients. Management was great and always availiable to help.
excellent job, no room for advancement.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 4, 2014
Workday was as busy as you desired it to be. There always was plenty to do, things came a little too relaxed when management allowed.
Alot of room for advancement. Management very helpful.Good place to work.
ICU Nurse (Former Employee), Rome, GAMay 26, 2014
A lot of room for advancement. Management very helpful. Good place to work.
Excellent teamwork with supportive environment
RN Float (Former Employee), Rome, GAMay 11, 2014
Management very supportive and available. Coworkers always helpful and supportive. CNA available when needed for patient care. Appreciated attention to detail in training and education.
work is steadt
Document Processor (Current Employee), rome, gaMay 8, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no advancement
I QC and Index electronic medical records, we convert paper files to electronic files