Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Compensation needs to be re-evaluated.
Certified Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 16, 2017
Overall a great place to work. A typical work day can be face paced to stressful at times. Not enough qualified staff. Compensation needs to be re-evaluated.
It is a great place to work and build careers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 14, 2017
Floyd is a great organization to work for, although it is a very fast paced working environment, the organizational culture makes the workload comfortable and manageable. This is because of the strong teamwork culture that is enforced by the management. The management is friendly, available to the team members when needed, and they are not shy to step in and help in whatever level they can when the workload is heavy. The hardest part of the job which is also the best part of my job is being there for the patients when they need someone. Empathising with them and going out of my way to ensure they receive the best care possible even when all situations prove to be impossible gives me so much joy.
Pros
able to put a smile on someones face, be it a coworker, patient or family member
Cons
Sometimes I carry the patients sad moments with me
Competitive, stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalSeptember 30, 2017
The job I had here I enjoyed but the place itself can be very stressful and the benefits weren't that great. The copays for The insurance for instance were just to high.
This was a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Floyd Medical Center. Issues were taken care of by my manager. My manager and directors door was always open for communication. We were supported by the manager and director.
Relaxed atmosphere
Charge Nurse Well Baby nursery (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 25, 2017
Was able to learn on the job, gave plenty of training for new nurses.
Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of night shift. Took care of well babies and ICN.
Love my coworkers
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 10, 2017
Definitely hard working environment , but with the amazing coworkers it definitely is easy to enjoy your time at work. If you're not careful management can add additional workload without pay compensation.
Fast paced job working in ER department
Behavioral Health Assessor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 6, 2017
Small office setting for the amount of people who were working. Fast paced job with adequate amount of paperwork. PRN work difficult to have plans but easy to take a day off without pay.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
hours
Busy
Security and Dispatch Services (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 5, 2017
Answering phone calls, transferring calls, paging doctors, calling codes over intercom, putting info in database, and printing new employee/student badges.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
short break
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 27, 2017
Great place to work ... would recommend it to anyone if their looking for a good job with health insurance & good hours. Good co-works, very understandable when it comes to family
Awesome coworkers and management. Obtained many new skills and lots of knowledge while employed here.
RN, ICU, CCU AND CARDIAC STEPDOWN UNITS (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 16, 2017
I worked in a critical care float pool, which included ICU, CCU and cardiac stepdown units. I worked mostly critical care. Coworkers always there to help, could be very busy at times but rewarding. Always being encouraged to further my education. I enjoyed taking care of my patients and seeing their health improve and knowing I had a part in that. I think the hardest part of our job was taking time away from our patients for computer charting. Nine years experience in Cerner system.
Great Place to work!
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 11, 2017
I love Floyd. Everyone here is so kind, caring and great to work with. They are very understanding when things come up. They help you push through you work day and are willing to help in any way possible.
Pros
Great beneifits
Cons
Parking
Review
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 24, 2017
Floyd Medical Center is a great place to work. Communication is not practiced as much as it should be in my opinion. However the overall work experience is good.
Poor Management and no lunch breaks
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 21, 2017
Management is very poor. If you have an issue and speak with your manager it is only a matter of minutes before everyone else knows. Also while working 12 hr shifts we had to take lunch breaks at nursing station due to not enough coverage to allow anyone a lunch break.
Pros
direct patient care
Cons
no lunch breaks, poor management, overworked and unappreciated.
Director of Security and Dispatch Services (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 12, 2017
FMC is a great place to work. It is very family oriented and team oriented. It is a great place to learn many aspects of the healthcare business. One of the best things is helping patients in their journey for better health.
Cons
benefits could be better
productive, busy enjoyable job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work is coming to work and getting the things that need to be completed that day done and working on the following day assignments. I really enjoyed my job because I worked in a office where everybody cared and helped one another, we grew together, fix problems together and worked as a team. i loved and still do the patients, you learn to grow to them especially the ones you see quite often.
Hidden talents are all over FMC
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 31, 2017
Being knowledgeable is minimized in such a way you feel unwanted, your department is virtually non-existent even within the organization. If you are looking for stability you will not find it in the Mother-Baby Dept.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Directors are overloaded and your job may seem forgotten
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 30, 2017
Great company to volunteer for! The atmosphere was just wonderful and the people you work with are just fantastic! I would love to come back and volunteer again just to see the big beautiful smiles on everyone's face.
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant/Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. Love it. Great culture and people are amazing. It can be stressful at time but what job isn't? There are perks like getting to go to meeting out of town, etc. You will be sitting at a desk all day but some times you get to travel for facility needs and that is fun!
Monotone and life-sucking workplace.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
In all the time that I have worked there I have NOT ONCE had a conversation with our director. She always cancels meetings minutes before and her office door is always shut. She is not very personable at all and it shows. We receive virtually no feedback as to how we are doing and what we can do to improve and there are days where you don't see management at all. Some might enjoy that type of work, but not me. I thrive off of constructive criticism and positive feedback and that was nowhere to be found. Poor management all the way around.
Great place to work as long as you know your role and don't cross the wrong people. Good ole boy system.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 22, 2017
I loved my job and most people I worked with. The bottom line at Floyd comes down to money not patient care(they preach patient care but actions prove otherwise). I was highly successful and very good at my job and was very well liked and respected amongst most co-workers. The good ole boy system is in place. I crossed the wrong one and was terminated. Speaking only of my department, they are ok with management that has shown to be bullies, sexist, racist and homophobic. Stay on their good side and you have nothing to worry about. Work load is growing. Help is not(at least on 3rd shift).
Pros
Get to help people, most coworkers are great
Cons
Management does not care about their workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2