Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun and inspiring volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 14, 2016
Was able to make rounds around the hospital giving out arts and crafts for patients. As well as going the the Behavioral Health Center to engage in art therapy with the patients. I loved being able to bring happiness to patients stuck at the hospital and being able to help those at FBH with the gift of art.
Pros
1 free meal on volunteer day, bringing happiness to people
Cons
no pay
Horrible co-workers, poor management, under paid
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 23, 2016
Most co-workers would play on their phones or the computer all day, lead tech would not get up from seat to help when extremely busy, management had their favorites and let everyone know, under paid, no holiday pay, if you want a fulfilling job go somewhere else if you like high school drama work at Floyd.
Pros
Hours, getting another job
Cons
Everyrhing!!!
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly loved learning more about my job by going to seminars on continuing education. I loved my co-workers and working in the laboratory. I gained a knowledge of medical terminology as well as anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I left due to inadequate child care, but I stayed an extra 4 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice because they could not find a replacement and I did not want them to be shorthanded so I voluntarily stayed until they could find a replacement.
Cons
n0ne
Floyd Behavioral Health is a TOXIC work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 16, 2016
Unhealthy place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients but most of the staff and management were very unprofessional. The department leads fuel the toxic environment which is not something one would except of nurses and counselors.
Pros
I can not think of any for Floyd Behavioral Health
Cons
Large Hospital with good patient care
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2016
Plenty of departments and opportunity to grow in this hospital. Good management and co-workers. Enjoyable atmosphere with co-workers willing to lend a hand when needed.
Great place to work, truly an EMS Family
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Floyd. This is a great place to work. Their is a family atmosphere at Floyd. Leadership wants the employees to excell and advance, very supportive.
Centre Alabama Urgent Care
Clinical/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Centre AlabamaJanuary 22, 2016
The office manager likes to pick her favorites and they get away with anything. If you went to school together and fit in their little click you are good but if not you get the short end of the stick and no matter how good you do the will pull up 1 wrong thing just to get you fired.
Pros
main hospital is good. varying weekends
Cons
only 1 30 mminute lunch no other breaks. Management. low pay rate for job duties
the most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 16, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management! It is one of the best places I have worked. Everyone gets along and helps each other out when needed.
Productive and Rewarding job
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 20, 2015
There are 3 main jobs that are rotated evenly. Everyday clerks would register patients for planned procedures while others would visit patient rooms to complete registration process. Working in the back office meant answering the phones and starting precerts. I am very precise which helped my accurately prepare patient's information and verify insurance. There was a lot of work to be done, but I learned how to use my time efficiently and be successful. I think the team was well managed and all authority stayed involved and helpful. As with most jobs, some coworkers are more helpful than others. Most were hardworking and reliable but others were not motivated and gossiped. The hardest part of the job was learning everything! There is so much information to learn that it is easy to make a mistake and get frustrated. On top of that, there was a lot that had to be done and only so much time to do it. But I absolutely loved my job as a registration clerk. I enjoyed the equal balance of interviewing patients and doing office work.
great place to work
Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  rome gaSeptember 9, 2015
I work with patients at a hospital. No matter if there sober or not, some are just fun to talk to. they brighten my day being around then I a working with the community.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
lifting heaving patients
very productive and friendly work place
Clinical Care Coordination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work begins with reports and talking to staff on the different units to find out staffing, and what's needed on these units, registering and transporting patients to different facilities in the Floyd family.

In the department where I work the employees work together really well because there are so many different components to the units no one could run it without all the help supplied.

The hardest part of this job is only working every weekend, and missing out on family time.
Pros
working friendships
Cons
working breaks and lunches
OK hospital to work at. NO holiday pay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 9, 2015
Busy hospital work. No time for breaks most days. ED like to sent admissions at shift change. had cna's to help with patient care. Management ok to work with.
Pros
had a job
Cons
Most days no break time.
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 20, 2015
Great place to work. Working in the ER was very very busy but the learning experience was so amazing. Something new every day with every patient. The management and nursing staff were great. The hardest part of my job was seeing such traumatic injuries and loss of life. The best part of my job there was learning so much in such a short amount of time.
A typical work day.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day can mean anything from having a casual conversation with a patient and there family to an intense code blue situation.
Pros
No day is ever boring.
Cons
Stressful at times
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rome,GAFebruary 9, 2015
Worked for Floyd many years and have become like a family to me.
Floyd is a nonprofit organization and has great benefits for out community. The residents have a family practice for non insured patients. The hospital is a trauma center that helps all patients as well.
Pros
discount lunch and gift shop alot of employee discounts within the community for example at&t etc.
Cons
healthcare
What I Loved About My Job At Floyd...
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 9, 2015
What I loved about Floyd was knowing all the different patients, co-workers and learning different things every day. I loved being in the trauma rooms or in the ER. I loved getting new machines, they where like new toys to me so it would be better and faster for patients.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 8, 2015
I get started with vitals and BBG's. I put up my hourly rounding sheets as I go around and greet my patients. I assist patients with bathing, dressing and preparing for bed. I also help patients with their toileting needs and transfers. This is a great place to work with great benefits
Pros
great place for advancement
Cons
hard to advance
Professional and caring atmosphere
Film Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Everyone treated patients with the best care of any hospital I had ever been to. I would and have referred my family and friends there.
Pros
team work
Cons
sometimes it doesn't pay enough
Mental Health Technician/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rome, GaDecember 29, 2014
Floyd Medical is a great place to work with a friendly, well educated, and very helpful staff.
Incredible Doctors and a Hospital focused on helping the community.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 12, 2014
Floyd Medical Center has opened doors to better our community. They are driven by giving people who enjoy making a difference in peoples lives.

Floyd Medical Center Reviews by Location