Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hospital
RN IV Therapy (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 24, 2017
Was a typical hospital. Has a good reputation for providing quality care. Has a lot of long term employees. Provides benefits to full time employees.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 27, 2017
Floyd is a job where you can learn expand your knowledge base if you take advantage of it, and also Floyd encourages higher learning and advancement. Floyd has a family environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2017
I actually liked working here it was quiet I worked at my own pace didn't like stats though only thing that was hard about job my break's were good time wish they had free lunch for employees the pay could have been better considering the hours you had to work
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
The benefits and the pay
hosptial
Radiologic and Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 19, 2017
this hospital has grown by leaps and bounds. the daily to day staff really care about their patients however middle management leaves something to be desired.
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Primary Care officeFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great hours. Chance for advancement. Overtime was frequently offered. Helpful and knowledgeable coworkers. I would recommend as a place of employment
good job. Only problem was long hours. Loved the job , but wanted 8 hr. shifts.
Lead Tech/Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  304 Shorter Ave. Rome, GaFebruary 6, 2017
12 hr. shifts are never 12 hr. for a nurse, but still a very good job. Really liked working here. Good benefits. Good pay rates.
great facility
PRN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 3, 2017
facility and services always expanding. as with all organizations, there are some growing pains but definitely a great place to be.
working at Floyd Medical Center
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Floyd Medical Center was a good environment to work in.There are many job positions there, and offers a selection of careers. They are steady remodeling to make it a better place.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not much over time
Busy Busy
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GA 30165December 5, 2016
Very busy, but in a good way. A lot goes into the operation to bring forth quality food and service. I've learned how to manage multiple positions simultaneously while managing my own area. Being as I'm part of the management team, I strive to ensure the employees have the means to accomplish their task successfully with direction and confidence. The hardest part of the job would be making sure items are used properly. Avoiding misusage or overages is a must to maintain budget. I enjoy the everyday challenge the job brings. Everyday is something, meaning everyday is never the same.
great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 27, 2016
Patients were amazing and the staff was amazing. Hours were long bc we worked 12 hour shifts but they made them fun . managers were great always asking to make sure we didn't need anything for our jobs.... Employees were pretty great too
See my previous review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 3, 2016
I have answered this in my previous post. I went from being a nurse tech when starting out at Floyd to obtaining my nursing license and switching over to the role of registered nurse.
Fun and inspiring volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 14, 2016
Was able to make rounds around the hospital giving out arts and crafts for patients. As well as going the the Behavioral Health Center to engage in art therapy with the patients. I loved being able to bring happiness to patients stuck at the hospital and being able to help those at FBH with the gift of art.
Pros
1 free meal on volunteer day, bringing happiness to people
Cons
no pay
Horrible co-workers, poor management, under paid
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 23, 2016
Most co-workers would play on their phones or the computer all day, lead tech would not get up from seat to help when extremely busy, management had their favorites and let everyone know, under paid, no holiday pay, if you want a fulfilling job go somewhere else if you like high school drama work at Floyd.
Pros
Hours, getting another job
Cons
Everyrhing!!!
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly loved learning more about my job by going to seminars on continuing education. I loved my co-workers and working in the laboratory. I gained a knowledge of medical terminology as well as anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I left due to inadequate child care, but I stayed an extra 4 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice because they could not find a replacement and I did not want them to be shorthanded so I voluntarily stayed until they could find a replacement.
Cons
n0ne
Floyd Behavioral Health is a TOXIC work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 16, 2016
Unhealthy place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients but most of the staff and management were very unprofessional. The department leads fuel the toxic environment which is not something one would except of nurses and counselors.
Pros
I can not think of any for Floyd Behavioral Health
Cons
Large Hospital with good patient care
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2016
Plenty of departments and opportunity to grow in this hospital. Good management and co-workers. Enjoyable atmosphere with co-workers willing to lend a hand when needed.
Great place to work, truly an EMS Family
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Floyd. This is a great place to work. Their is a family atmosphere at Floyd. Leadership wants the employees to excell and advance, very supportive.
Centre Alabama Urgent Care
Clinical/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Centre AlabamaJanuary 22, 2016
The office manager likes to pick her favorites and they get away with anything. If you went to school together and fit in their little click you are good but if not you get the short end of the stick and no matter how good you do the will pull up 1 wrong thing just to get you fired.
Pros
main hospital is good. varying weekends
Cons
only 1 30 mminute lunch no other breaks. Management. low pay rate for job duties
the most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 16, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management! It is one of the best places I have worked. Everyone gets along and helps each other out when needed.
Productive and Rewarding job
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 20, 2015
There are 3 main jobs that are rotated evenly. Everyday clerks would register patients for planned procedures while others would visit patient rooms to complete registration process. Working in the back office meant answering the phones and starting precerts. I am very precise which helped my accurately prepare patient's information and verify insurance. There was a lot of work to be done, but I learned how to use my time efficiently and be successful. I think the team was well managed and all authority stayed involved and helpful. As with most jobs, some coworkers are more helpful than others. Most were hardworking and reliable but others were not motivated and gossiped. The hardest part of the job was learning everything! There is so much information to learn that it is easy to make a mistake and get frustrated. On top of that, there was a lot that had to be done and only so much time to do it. But I absolutely loved my job as a registration clerk. I enjoyed the equal balance of interviewing patients and doing office work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Floyd Medical Center Reviews by Location