Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Try to find a different job before settling here!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 6, 2013
I initially worked at FMC for 10 years as an RN..went back to school and worked at a different facility for 9 years, returned to FMC in a PRN position as an NP. They let department managers do anything they want. There is no oversight and no support from your manager. If you go to work there and decide to leave they will put a no rehire on your file without even telling you...especially if your not one of the "golden children" (employees that are perfect brown nosers). I was hired as prn then offered part time position which I accepted...did that for about 6 months then offered full time...I did not accept due to already having a full time job (which my manager knew when she hired me for PRN position)! I came back to work the next week and was told by the manager that she had hired another NP because I couldnt change to full-time. I offered to work a months notice...manager said the new NP would be there in 2 weeks so 2 weeks is all she needed me to work, so Iworked a 2 week notice and that was it!! Later (like 2 years) I found out I was listed as a NO REHIRE by that manager!! There is no law in GA that prevents any employer from listing you as a no rehire even when there is no documentation of infractions and they DO NOT have to give you a reason!!!!Beware of this employer!!!!!
Pros
decent pay, good hours
Cons
overworked everyday, no support from managers or administration, unethical and dishonesty is rampant here
Productive and Rewarding job
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 20, 2015
There are 3 main jobs that are rotated evenly. Everyday clerks would register patients for planned procedures while others would visit patient rooms to complete registration process. Working in the back office meant answering the phones and starting precerts. I am very precise which helped my accurately prepare patient's information and verify insurance. There was a lot of work to be done, but I learned how to use my time efficiently and be successful. I think the team was well managed and all authority stayed involved and helpful. As with most jobs, some coworkers are more helpful than others. Most were hardworking and reliable but others were not motivated and gossiped. The hardest part of the job was learning everything! There is so much information to learn that it is easy to make a mistake and get frustrated. On top of that, there was a lot that had to be done and only so much time to do it. But I absolutely loved my job as a registration clerk. I enjoyed the equal balance of interviewing patients and doing office work.
Be nice because you must remember at floyd to watch your back.
VIP (Not ) (Former Employee) –  ECC StaffJanuary 11, 2013
Hope you have a good long career there of you choose, it used to be so fun i couldn't wait to get to work, then i was harassed, by the management and singled out for punishment, and others did the same things without anyone saying a word. I was suspended for something i did not do. I had a boss there that told one of his workers he needed to loose weight. Later on the hosp itself made certain people loose weight, but not the really obese ones they would file lawsuits. if you did not participate your insurance would go up 30 dollars. They make you set stupid goals and if you reach them you get a raise if not that hold it against you at raise time. Make sure you don't have your hair to long they may say thats not right either.
Pros
great friends
Cons
cut throat, will not stand behind you .
Working for Floyd Medical Center
Lab Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 19, 2012
My day usually started at 11:30am and ended at 8:00pm. I came in and got supplies ready to go to the doctor's offices. Our first work load, which were blood samples from the offices, came in at 12:30 and our second came in at 5:30pm. We would separate the blood into two buckets, which were commercial insurance patients and government insurance patients. I worked with a great group of people. I learned how to register patients in the system. I also learned how to order lab tests. The hardest part about the job was the time limit that we had to get the tests ordered and the patients registered before the blood went bad. I enjoyed getting to work with the offices and doctors, knowing that they were helping the patients.
Pros
over time, friendly co-workers, 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
2nd shift, big work loads
Excellent benefits, some of the people are nice.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2012
It was a good place to work and the benefits are excellent. A typical day was just walking the floors of the hospital and helping people when they needed it or responding to calls from the dispatch office when help is needed. I learned valuable experience in dealing with different types of people in different situations and to be careful. Management was strict, but it is understandable with the jobs we had to do. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those people that caused problems like fighting or cursing and those that were intoxicated or on drugs. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and seeing those that you haven't seen in a long time.
Pros
benefits, meeting new people, seeing those that you haven't seen in a while, traveling to different offices and locations
Cons
pay, needed more training in self defense, carry a weapon for protection, more authority with our position
Great place to work with fast paced environment
Switchboard Operator/Badging Officer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me would be answering phone calls on a multi-line phone console, printing badges for all personnel, granting door access to the appropriate persons, and reading and answering emails. During my time at my current job, I've learned several things. Realizing that not all people comprehend the same way, I have learned how to adjust my approach and position to people, so that we both may have a better understanding of what each other is trying to say. I have grown, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well while at Floyd. I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to experience and learn so much.
Just okay. Need serious overhaul in business infrastructure
Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 27, 2012
A descent place to work as a nurse as far as the people you work with are concerned. Management and administration is detached and out of the loop. They have their standard "Golden Children" and it is basically a popularity contest there. There is a high nurse to patient ratio there on the med-surge floors and there EMR system is horrible for electronic charting and meds.They are very flexible with work hours and shifts and do make an effort to help you out when you need time off. The health insurance here is less than desirable, and Floyd has one of the lowest pay rates for nurses of any hospital in the area.
Pros
shift flexibility, work peers.
Cons
no breaks, health insurance and benefits, advancement, admin and management.
Easy scheduling, good benefits, enjoyed working there
Nurse Educator/Leadership, Dept of Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 8, 2014
A general day at work in ICU included receiving systemic reports from night shift RN. Starting the day with a complete assessment, ensuring all IV's, ventilator settings, and patient safety was addressed. Assisting MD with patient status updates, reviewing labs and following orders for the day which may include diagnostic testing. As the charge nurse and clinical educator, I was part of the critical care management team. I, under the CC director whom was available at all times and very precise in completing his job. Staff was educated and train above expectations. I worked with extremely strong nurses that were easy and pleasant to work with. We easily worked as a team
Steady
Certified Nurse Assistant & Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 24, 2013
Work consist of receiving report for my patients for the shift. I meet up with my fellow coworkers, to achieve common goals and provide the best care possible. I check all my patients, answer the phone and call lights. I also pull up the system in the computer to edit any changes in my patients and chart vitals and outputs. My coworkers are wonderful to work with. Almost everyone has the same work ethics as I do, and finish our work efficiently. The hardest part of my job is having the patience to deal with certain patients who make it hard to care for them. I enjoy my job because I enjoy helping people. I like being among other people who also enjoy helping other people.
Pros
great teamwork, and job security
Cons
no room for advancement, no raise
Floyd medical center
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 5, 2012
art cart, filled with craft supplies, like sand boxes, wooden craft. i go to all the apartments and ask the nurse if they have any patients that would be interested in arts supplies. i learn that arts helps patient heal faster. co-workers are very friendly. hardest part is that you get attach to patients and when they go home you lose contact with them. I love to see the kids faces when i do an activity with them because they are bored and tired of being in the hospital and i love sitting and taking with my elderly patients. they have so many good stories to tell.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time flies by quickly
busy lab
Phlebotomist/ assistant lab manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GaDecember 30, 2013
I currently work in a lab, we stay very busy in the mornings. the afternoons are not so hectic. I have learned a lot working in this lab, Every day is a learning experience. My co-workers are great to work with, I really love my patients if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a job. Several patients might not be scheduled to have labs that day, they make it a point to visit just to check on me, see how the lab girls are doing. that makes my day knowing that I take such good care of my patients. I truly love my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of paper work. new emr did not solve that problem
Much Nepotism and Bullying
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Floyd Medical CenterMarch 5, 2013
As an office assistant, I can say they operated with buddies buddying around and management having a blind eye toward it. Further, the physicians and management like bullying the people that actually work to continue working even harder. The manner in which they handle employees and much of their procedures definitely needs to be reviewed and overhauled. The wages are poor to fair for what they expect. Benefits can be good if you need them. For the most part, I would say Floyd offers some people "work" and others "professional BS careers".
Pros
ample parking
Cons
do not recommend as a future
very productive and friendly work place
Clinical Care Coordination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work begins with reports and talking to staff on the different units to find out staffing, and what's needed on these units, registering and transporting patients to different facilities in the Floyd family.

In the department where I work the employees work together really well because there are so many different components to the units no one could run it without all the help supplied.

The hardest part of this job is only working every weekend, and missing out on family time.
Pros
working friendships
Cons
working breaks and lunches
Great Co-workers, love working in the medical laboratory setting
Laboratory Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJanuary 11, 2012
I have enjoyed the last 10 years of working in the laboratory dept. of Floyd Medical Center. I started my career with Floyd as a clerical assistant working in the front office of the laboratory and quickly moved to front office supervisor and about 4 years ago became the Office coordinator. In the past year my director has added another inter department area under my supervision and has added additional duties.
Pros
very friendly, laid back enviroment, co workers are willing to help each other out.
Cons
can't advance any further, benefits are not that great.
Centre Alabama Urgent Care
Clinical/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Centre AlabamaJanuary 22, 2016
The office manager likes to pick her favorites and they get away with anything. If you went to school together and fit in their little click you are good but if not you get the short end of the stick and no matter how good you do the will pull up 1 wrong thing just to get you fired.
Pros
main hospital is good. varying weekends
Cons
only 1 30 mminute lunch no other breaks. Management. low pay rate for job duties
Public hospital--pretty good place to work
Women's Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 20, 2013
Our pay is good, benefits are good but we have been changing insurance providers yearly for the past few years. The corporate side pays a lot of attention to culture and values, rolling out programs frequently. I will mention a disparity between the talk about how everyone matters and the treatment of front line staff at times. The coworkers are mostly awesome, though.
Floyd medical center is a great employer
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  rome gaFebruary 7, 2014
with the changes in healthcare reform job security is a concern. A typical day at work is seeing 100-150 patients a day. I enjoy the public and all my co workers. Manangement is great with monthly meetings and education it has helped me grow into a professional with confidence.
Pros
ability to help community being a non for profit facility
Cons
no cons from me
Director (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 8, 2013
Great bunch of people to work with. My department performed everything as a team which reflected greatly throughout the entire hospital. There's not any negative comments I can make about Floyd they have always been good to me. However since healthcare is being affected by the economy there were cutbacks that needed to be made and I can understand that.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rome,GAFebruary 9, 2015
Worked for Floyd many years and have become like a family to me.
Floyd is a nonprofit organization and has great benefits for out community. The residents have a family practice for non insured patients. The hospital is a trauma center that helps all patients as well.
Pros
discount lunch and gift shop alot of employee discounts within the community for example at&t etc.
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to Work!
Registration Clerk/Data EntryClerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoyed my job at Floyd. I came in without any experience in registration and after a day of orientation I was performing efficiently at the position. My job was only temporary but if I wasn't returning back to school and could have worked the 8-5 Monday through Friday, I would still be there. The co-workers were great, caring people.

4.2