Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

working at Floyd Medical Center
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Floyd Medical Center was a good environment to work in.There are many job positions there, and offers a selection of careers. They are steady remodeling to make it a better place.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not much over time
Busy Busy
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GA 30165December 5, 2016
Very busy, but in a good way. A lot goes into the operation to bring forth quality food and service. I've learned how to manage multiple positions simultaneously while managing my own area. Being as I'm part of the management team, I strive to ensure the employees have the means to accomplish their task successfully with direction and confidence. The hardest part of the job would be making sure items are used properly. Avoiding misusage or overages is a must to maintain budget. I enjoy the everyday challenge the job brings. Everyday is something, meaning everyday is never the same.
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Primary Care officeFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great hours. Chance for advancement. Overtime was frequently offered. Helpful and knowledgeable coworkers. I would recommend as a place of employment
hosptial
Radiologic and Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 19, 2017
this hospital has grown by leaps and bounds. the daily to day staff really care about their patients however middle management leaves something to be desired.
good job. Only problem was long hours. Loved the job , but wanted 8 hr. shifts.
Lead Tech/Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  304 Shorter Ave. Rome, GaFebruary 6, 2017
12 hr. shifts are never 12 hr. for a nurse, but still a very good job. Really liked working here. Good benefits. Good pay rates.
great facility
PRN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 3, 2017
facility and services always expanding. as with all organizations, there are some growing pains but definitely a great place to be.
Centre Alabama Urgent Care
Clinical/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Centre AlabamaJanuary 22, 2016
The office manager likes to pick her favorites and they get away with anything. If you went to school together and fit in their little click you are good but if not you get the short end of the stick and no matter how good you do the will pull up 1 wrong thing just to get you fired.
Pros
main hospital is good. varying weekends
Cons
only 1 30 mminute lunch no other breaks. Management. low pay rate for job duties
Fun and inspiring volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 14, 2016
Was able to make rounds around the hospital giving out arts and crafts for patients. As well as going the the Behavioral Health Center to engage in art therapy with the patients. I loved being able to bring happiness to patients stuck at the hospital and being able to help those at FBH with the gift of art.
Pros
1 free meal on volunteer day, bringing happiness to people
Cons
no pay
great place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 27, 2016
Patients were amazing and the staff was amazing. Hours were long bc we worked 12 hour shifts but they made them fun . managers were great always asking to make sure we didn't need anything for our jobs.... Employees were pretty great too
Horrible co-workers, poor management, under paid
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 23, 2016
Most co-workers would play on their phones or the computer all day, lead tech would not get up from seat to help when extremely busy, management had their favorites and let everyone know, under paid, no holiday pay, if you want a fulfilling job go somewhere else if you like high school drama work at Floyd.
Pros
Hours, getting another job
Cons
Everyrhing!!!

Want to know more about Floyd Medical Center?

Ask a question
See my previous review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 3, 2016
I have answered this in my previous post. I went from being a nurse tech when starting out at Floyd to obtaining my nursing license and switching over to the role of registered nurse.
Be nice because you must remember at floyd to watch your back.
VIP (Not ) (Former Employee) –  ECC StaffJanuary 11, 2013
Hope you have a good long career there of you choose, it used to be so fun i couldn't wait to get to work, then i was harassed, by the management and singled out for punishment, and others did the same things without anyone saying a word. I was suspended for something i did not do. I had a boss there that told one of his workers he needed to loose weight. Later on the hosp itself made certain people loose weight, but not the really obese ones they would file lawsuits. if you did not participate your insurance would go up 30 dollars. They make you set stupid goals and if you reach them you get a raise if not that hold it against you at raise time. Make sure you don't have your hair to long they may say thats not right either.
Pros
great friends
Cons
cut throat, will not stand behind you .
Just okay. Need serious overhaul in business infrastructure
Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 27, 2012
A descent place to work as a nurse as far as the people you work with are concerned. Management and administration is detached and out of the loop. They have their standard "Golden Children" and it is basically a popularity contest there. There is a high nurse to patient ratio there on the med-surge floors and there EMR system is horrible for electronic charting and meds.They are very flexible with work hours and shifts and do make an effort to help you out when you need time off. The health insurance here is less than desirable, and Floyd has one of the lowest pay rates for nurses of any hospital in the area.
Pros
shift flexibility, work peers.
Cons
no breaks, health insurance and benefits, advancement, admin and management.
Much Nepotism and Bullying
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Floyd Medical CenterMarch 5, 2013
As an office assistant, I can say they operated with buddies buddying around and management having a blind eye toward it. Further, the physicians and management like bullying the people that actually work to continue working even harder. The manner in which they handle employees and much of their procedures definitely needs to be reviewed and overhauled. The wages are poor to fair for what they expect. Benefits can be good if you need them. For the most part, I would say Floyd offers some people "work" and others "professional BS careers".
Pros
ample parking
Cons
do not recommend as a future
Floyd Behavioral Health is a TOXIC work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 16, 2016
Unhealthy place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients but most of the staff and management were very unprofessional. The department leads fuel the toxic environment which is not something one would except of nurses and counselors.
Pros
I can not think of any for Floyd Behavioral Health
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2016
I thoroughly loved learning more about my job by going to seminars on continuing education. I loved my co-workers and working in the laboratory. I gained a knowledge of medical terminology as well as anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I left due to inadequate child care, but I stayed an extra 4 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice because they could not find a replacement and I did not want them to be shorthanded so I voluntarily stayed until they could find a replacement.
Cons
n0ne
Excellent benefits, some of the people are nice.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2012
It was a good place to work and the benefits are excellent. A typical day was just walking the floors of the hospital and helping people when they needed it or responding to calls from the dispatch office when help is needed. I learned valuable experience in dealing with different types of people in different situations and to be careful. Management was strict, but it is understandable with the jobs we had to do. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those people that caused problems like fighting or cursing and those that were intoxicated or on drugs. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and seeing those that you haven't seen in a long time.
Pros
benefits, meeting new people, seeing those that you haven't seen in a while, traveling to different offices and locations
Cons
pay, needed more training in self defense, carry a weapon for protection, more authority with our position
Steady
Certified Nurse Assistant & Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 24, 2013
Work consist of receiving report for my patients for the shift. I meet up with my fellow coworkers, to achieve common goals and provide the best care possible. I check all my patients, answer the phone and call lights. I also pull up the system in the computer to edit any changes in my patients and chart vitals and outputs. My coworkers are wonderful to work with. Almost everyone has the same work ethics as I do, and finish our work efficiently. The hardest part of my job is having the patience to deal with certain patients who make it hard to care for them. I enjoy my job because I enjoy helping people. I like being among other people who also enjoy helping other people.
Pros
Great teamwork, and job security
Cons
No room for advancement, no raise
Large Hospital with good patient care
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2016
Plenty of departments and opportunity to grow in this hospital. Good management and co-workers. Enjoyable atmosphere with co-workers willing to lend a hand when needed.
Great Co-workers, love working in the medical laboratory setting
Laboratory Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJanuary 11, 2012
I have enjoyed the last 10 years of working in the laboratory dept. of Floyd Medical Center. I started my career with Floyd as a clerical assistant working in the front office of the laboratory and quickly moved to front office supervisor and about 4 years ago became the Office coordinator. In the past year my director has added another inter department area under my supervision and has added additional duties.
Pros
very friendly, laid back enviroment, co workers are willing to help each other out.
Cons
can't advance any further, benefits are not that great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2