Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and friendly work place
Clinical Care Coordination Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work begins with reports and talking to staff on the different units to find out staffing, and what's needed on these units, registering and transporting patients to different facilities in the Floyd family.

In the department where I work the employees work together really well because there are so many different components to the units no one could run it without all the help supplied.

The hardest part of this job is only working every weekend, and missing out on family time.
Pros
working friendships
Cons
working breaks and lunches
great place to work
Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  rome gaSeptember 9, 2015
I work with patients at a hospital. No matter if there sober or not, some are just fun to talk to. they brighten my day being around then I a working with the community.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
lifting heaving patients
Current Employer
Unit Secretary, Medical Pulmonary (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 30, 2014
Salary compensation could be more competitive. The patient base is very diverse and I enjoy my co-workers.
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 20, 2015
Great place to work. Working in the ER was very very busy but the learning experience was so amazing. Something new every day with every patient. The management and nursing staff were great. The hardest part of my job was seeing such traumatic injuries and loss of life. The best part of my job there was learning so much in such a short amount of time.
Nursery & NICU
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 30, 2012
excellent, love to work here, treats employees great, outstanding benefits. i would love to work here again
OK hospital to work at. NO holiday pay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 9, 2015
Busy hospital work. No time for breaks most days. ED like to sent admissions at shift change. had cna's to help with patient care. Management ok to work with.
Pros
had a job
Cons
Most days no break time.
Easy scheduling, good benefits, enjoyed working there
Nurse Educator/Leadership, Dept of Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 8, 2014
A general day at work in ICU included receiving systemic reports from night shift RN. Starting the day with a complete assessment, ensuring all IV's, ventilator settings, and patient safety was addressed. Assisting MD with patient status updates, reviewing labs and following orders for the day which may include diagnostic testing. As the charge nurse and clinical educator, I was part of the critical care management team. I, under the CC director whom was available at all times and very precise in completing his job. Staff was educated and train above expectations. I worked with extremely strong nurses that were easy and pleasant to work with. We easily worked as a team
Productive and very progressive work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Great place to work. Team environment and very knowledgable management staff.
Pros
great environment for professional development
Cons
company could improve work life/balance
A typical work day.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day can mean anything from having a casual conversation with a patient and there family to an intense code blue situation.
Pros
No day is ever boring.
Cons
Stressful at times
Working for Floyd Medical Center
Lab Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 19, 2012
My day usually started at 11:30am and ended at 8:00pm. I came in and got supplies ready to go to the doctor's offices. Our first work load, which were blood samples from the offices, came in at 12:30 and our second came in at 5:30pm. We would separate the blood into two buckets, which were commercial insurance patients and government insurance patients. I worked with a great group of people. I learned how to register patients in the system. I also learned how to order lab tests. The hardest part about the job was the time limit that we had to get the tests ordered and the patients registered before the blood went bad. I enjoyed getting to work with the offices and doctors, knowing that they were helping the patients.
Pros
over time, friendly co-workers, 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
2nd shift, big work loads
A good company to work for.
RN, PRN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 22, 2013
Supportive of advancement. Management is very progressive with nursing advancement having recently started a ladder program. They are also supported and encourage certification in specialty areas.
Pros
offer job flexibility
Great place to work with fast paced environment
Switchboard Operator/Badging Officer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me would be answering phone calls on a multi-line phone console, printing badges for all personnel, granting door access to the appropriate persons, and reading and answering emails. During my time at my current job, I've learned several things. Realizing that not all people comprehend the same way, I have learned how to adjust my approach and position to people, so that we both may have a better understanding of what each other is trying to say. I have grown, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well while at Floyd. I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to experience and learn so much.
Floyd medical center is a great employer
Registration Clerk/Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  rome gaFebruary 7, 2014
with the changes in healthcare reform job security is a concern. A typical day at work is seeing 100-150 patients a day. I enjoy the public and all my co workers. Manangement is great with monthly meetings and education it has helped me grow into a professional with confidence.
Pros
ability to help community being a non for profit facility
Cons
no cons from me
What I Loved About My Job At Floyd...
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 9, 2015
What I loved about Floyd was knowing all the different patients, co-workers and learning different things every day. I loved being in the trauma rooms or in the ER. I loved getting new machines, they where like new toys to me so it would be better and faster for patients.
Alot of room for advancement. Management very helpful.Good place to work.
ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 26, 2014
A lot of room for advancement. Management very helpful. Good place to work.
busy lab
Phlebotomist/ assistant lab manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GaDecember 30, 2013
I currently work in a lab, we stay very busy in the mornings. the afternoons are not so hectic. I have learned a lot working in this lab, Every day is a learning experience. My co-workers are great to work with, I really love my patients if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a job. Several patients might not be scheduled to have labs that day, they make it a point to visit just to check on me, see how the lab girls are doing. that makes my day knowing that I take such good care of my patients. I truly love my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of paper work. new emr did not solve that problem
stressful, enjoyed job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 2, 2013
fast paced, stressful, good care for patients, management could have communicated better with staff.
Pros
pleasant coworkers and environment
Cons
no job security as part time
Floyd medical center
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 5, 2012
art cart, filled with craft supplies, like sand boxes, wooden craft. i go to all the apartments and ask the nurse if they have any patients that would be interested in arts supplies. i learn that arts helps patient heal faster. co-workers are very friendly. hardest part is that you get attach to patients and when they go home you lose contact with them. I love to see the kids faces when i do an activity with them because they are bored and tired of being in the hospital and i love sitting and taking with my elderly patients. they have so many good stories to tell.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time flies by quickly
Great Coworkers
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 7, 2014
I enjoy working with my fellow co workers. We work hard and well together.
Incredible Doctors and a Hospital focused on helping the community.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 12, 2014
Floyd Medical Center has opened doors to better our community. They are driven by giving people who enjoy making a difference in peoples lives.