Floyd Memorial Hospital

Floyd Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Potential for growth was good.
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: education, great benefits, flexible time.
Cons: stressful, work load continued to increase due to state cutbacks and funding.
Company allowed for education and growth potential. I started out as a cashier and was able to become the department manager.
The people who work there are like Family
Sr. Human Resources & Development Generalist (Current Employee), New Albany, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, caring people
Cons: financial stability in healthcare
A typical day at work for me is helping associates or leaders with issues they are having with each other or others in their departments.

There are some great leaders at Floyd. I have learned how not to be quite so black and white. However, in Human Resources, it is very hard not to be that way since so much relies on consistency in following policies.

I – more... truly enjoy helping leaders investigate issues and help them when deciding who to handle the situation once the investigation is done. I also like helping people see the perception others may have about their behaviors.

The hardest part of my job is when there is nothing you can truly do to help someone with their situation. It is hard for me not to get personally involved when I know someone is having difficulties and I cannot get the other person/people involved to see what needs to be done.

Excellent customer service has always been the number one priority for me with the employees being the number one customers. I find so much satisfaction when you know they truly appreciate what has been done for them and that I've been a part of that. – less
Not bad
environmental service aid (Current Employee), New Albany InSeptember 23, 2014
Poor management . You work every other weekend , Pay is not bad .
Not so great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), New Albany, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: friendly and easy to work with co-workers
Cons: the manager was always looking for something to blame on you, the moral was awful after the current manager took over.
I like what I done at my job, and most of my co-workers, but the manager was a whole different story. If you didn't brown nose then you didn't get to keep your job !!!
Fast Paced
Server/Clerk/Cook (Current Employee), New Albany, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: working weekends
Enjoy working at Floyd, very physical, fast paced environment.
Great Place to Work
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee), New Albany, INJuly 4, 2014
It's a great place to work everyday. I have worked there for many years and absolutely love my job. The people are wonderful and patients are great. Good small town hospital
Promote continuing education, teamwork based facilty
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New Albany, INApril 25, 2014
Pros: work every third weekend
Cons: occasionally no cna
A typical night shift is usually steady busy until around 11pm. I have learned a lot about IV medication therapy and how to manage my time through out the shift. I continue to learn the facility protocols. The management is awesome. They follow up with your learning process and are there when I need them. My co-workers are dependable and good team players. – more... The hardest part of the job is when I get a couple of admission in a row and we can not talk to the admitting physician until the morning. I enjoy providing safe care to my patients. If I make a difference in one life, then I have done my job. I love being a nurse. – less
Great team work and making a diffrence.
Environmental Services (Current Employee), New Albany, INMarch 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunch and great team work.
Cons: so busy at times it's as if we don't get a break.
A typical day at work would involve us clocking in at three p.m. and being on the floors no later than three thirty. We would push around carts with cleaning supplies call out the room then clean it. Our lunch is at five p.m. ( you could request to have a later lunch if desired.) Working over time depends on how many rooms are down and how many workers – more... are there.

I learned how to properly clean rooms, how to announce myself when entering a room with a patient in one. I've learned many things involving the best cleaners to use on surfaces and all the work and effort that is put into this job.

Management here is good. My boss is very kind and helpful. She will help clean rooms sometimes.

My co-workers work very hard and do a job well done. They are kind, positive, helpful people. We work together as a team. If one needs help someone is always there.

The hardest part of my job is seeing the family members of patients who are worried or upset for a loved one.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference even if it is just by cleaning rooms. – less
I really enjoyed my job at Floyd.
Carpenter (Former Employee), New Albany, INFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: loved everything about this job
Cons: no cons
My job consists of completing work orders and doing a variety of jobs. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and the ability of using my skills ant talents that helped out the hospital.
Excellent place to work
Staff Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), New Albany, INSeptember 16, 2013
The hardest part of the job was when we were understaffed with multiple high level patients. The best part was the team work.
Wonderful group of people to work with
Barista, Server, Cook, (Former Employee), New Albany, INAugust 14, 2013
You work with wonderful people. The management needs work however. The directors of the dietary need to become more involved. Other than that, I have no complaints.
good place to work
Upon occasion act as charge nurse for unit (Current Employee), New Albany, INAugust 1, 2013
typical day of work usually four to five patients. ages vary from infant to elderly adults. I would have to say that's one of the hardest parts of the job is having to have a mindset for patients that can be so far apart in age. The unit is more a medical/surgical unit. The unit is typically more adults than kids. I would have to say about 75/25. My – more... coworkers are great!!! – less
Aweful place
Team member (Former Employee), New albanyMay 22, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: poor hr and managment
I enjoy my cowokers. I had some issue with the management and when I filed an HR case, I was harassed and confronted by my boss. The Director of HR is very inconsistent. He breaks most of the rules. There is a lot of drama and each department is ran separate. My bosses will ask the co workers dirt of the other and then write them up on the word of the – more... other employee. It is a very childish place. – less
Floyd Memorial
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), New Albany, INMay 11, 2013
Pros: many
Cons: few
This company is very family oriented and flexible. The staff and management are not only hardworking but team players as well. I would encourage anyone thinking about applying here to do so.
Fun And Inerresting People to work eith
Laundry Aid (Former Employee), New Albany, INApril 9, 2013
Pros: earned free day off, could depend on co-workers and managers, really recognized employee days.
Cons: sort staffed on certin days.
To sort all laundry from the day before
How to work close with other people
Managers were just as fun to work with
Keeping up with volume of weekend work
lunch time was the best part of the day
Awesome place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), New Albany, INApril 5, 2013
At Floyd you will have plenty of training and and amazing family of coworkers to always back you up.
Poor HR depart, defines the whole hospital!
N/A (Current Employee), New Albany, INApril 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
I had wrote an extensive complaint about Floyd, no cursing or unprofessional, just true facts and it was deleted. I wonder if Floyd had the comment removed because they don't want the real facts known about their so called wonderful place to work!
Would never recommend
Nurse (Former Employee), ICUsFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: short commute to work
Cons: petty nonsense, poor management
A LOT of DRAMA! Not worth the pay to work in that environment, left for a job in Louisville making less money.
Nice place to work
Staff Nurse ED Fast Track (Current Employee), New Albany, INFebruary 19, 2013
Can be stressfull at times. Management can be unapproachable. Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
I really enjoyed working at Flyd a very family centered workplace
Histology Processor and ER Phlebotomist (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: great people and clean healthy environment
Cons: i never recieved pto or benefits
I totally loved working at Floyd Memorial. It is a small town community where you feel like you know everyone and its kinda like a family place. Also I loved working and helping the patients and assisting their families as best as possibe. Floyd is centered around their patients first so it kinda rubs off on us all like I said you seem to know everyone – more... and they know you. I have almost seven years altogether here. I came back for a second time for over three years. I only left because they did not have a position open for me in the department for what I was getting my degree in. The management was all very kind and knew their jobs very well with an open door policy you could gladly walk in their office for just a simple how are you. I think the hardest part of the job was is their is never enough time in the day to get the job done as you know healthcare is a 24/7 all around the year job. It always feels like you are never totally you done at the end of the day. – less