Floyd Memorial Hospital

Floyd Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

very fun place to work
ENVIONMENTAL weekend lead person (Former Employee), New Albany, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: very supportive professionaly and personaly
Cons: not enough help a lot of times
learned so much working here supervisor very willing to let employees voice their concerns all staff very friendly from the highest paid to the lowest paid very friendly loved working here sorry that I left
Overall an OK place to work not to drive to Louisville
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee), New Albany, INJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Uncertain future
Coworkers are great! This job has it's ups and downs like anything, but there is really a lot of responsibility for what they pay.
A good place to work.
Phlebotomist / Patient Service Tech (Former Employee), New Albany, INJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. I spent a lot of years working here I learned alot about working with differend departments like, er, icu, tcu, labor and delivery, nursery, all kinds or inpatients and outpatients.
OK place to work. Close to home.
Scheduler (Current Employee), New Albany, INMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Monday thru Friday schedule, no weekends.
Cons: Dealing with all the insurance hassels, constantly changing procedure protocols
Love all of my coworkers like family. Management tries, but are limited by higher ups in the hospital. They keep adding more and more work to the job but nobody has gotten a raise in several years. Enjoyed establishing relationships with doctors' offices and explaining procedures to patients to make them feel more at ease.
Overall Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), New Albany, INMarch 13, 2015
This was the most awesome experience to work in a hospital. I enjoyed going to work every time I was scheduled. I would had like to continue in that area of healthcare.
Upper management does not support their management staff
Support team (Former Employee), IndianaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: very good benefits, some flexibility with scheduling
Cons: management is definitely very out of touch. they go behind your back and are very negative
Upper management does not support their staff. They talk about team building, but actually work at breaking down the team. There is a lot of pettiness that takes place in this environment. It can lead to a very stressful and depressing situation.
Very nice sleep lab to work in
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent pto
I enjoyed my time there. The only reason I am looking for new employment is to get off 3rd shift
Awful management, great coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), New Albany, INNovember 26, 2014
Pros: short distance from home
Could never get a straight forward answer out of the manager of the dept. Policies would always change and if you wanted to switch days to work it was like pulling teeth. My coworkers were like family and very helpful always worked like a team
Potential for growth was good.
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: education, great benefits, flexible time.
Cons: stressful, work load continued to increase due to state cutbacks and funding.
Company allowed for education and growth potential. I started out as a cashier and was able to become the department manager.
The people who work there are like Family
Sr. Human Resources & Development Generalist (Current Employee), New Albany, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, caring people
Cons: financial stability in healthcare
A typical day at work for me is helping associates or leaders with issues they are having with each other or others in their departments.

There are some great leaders at Floyd. I have learned how not to be quite so black and white. However, in Human Resources, it is very hard not to be that way since so much relies on consistency in following policies.

I truly enjoy helping leaders investigate issues and help them when deciding who to handle the situation once the investigation is done. I also like helping people see the perception others may have about their behaviors.

The hardest part of my job is when there is nothing you can truly do to help someone with their situation. It is hard for me not to get personally involved when I know someone is having difficulties and I cannot get the other person/people involved to see what needs to be done.

Excellent customer service has always been the number one priority for me with the employees being the number one customers. I find so much satisfaction when you know they truly appreciate what has been done for them and that I've been a part of that.
Not bad
environmental service aid (Current Employee), New Albany InSeptember 23, 2014
Poor management . You work every other weekend , Pay is not bad .
Not so great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), New Albany, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: friendly and easy to work with co-workers
Cons: the manager was always looking for something to blame on you, the moral was awful after the current manager took over.
I like what I done at my job, and most of my co-workers, but the manager was a whole different story. If you didn't brown nose then you didn't get to keep your job !!!
Fast Paced
Server/Clerk/Cook (Current Employee), New Albany, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: working weekends
Enjoy working at Floyd, very physical, fast paced environment.
Great Place to Work
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee), New Albany, INJuly 4, 2014
It's a great place to work everyday. I have worked there for many years and absolutely love my job. The people are wonderful and patients are great. Good small town hospital
Promote continuing education, teamwork based facilty
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New Albany, INApril 25, 2014
Pros: work every third weekend
Cons: occasionally no cna
A typical night shift is usually steady busy until around 11pm. I have learned a lot about IV medication therapy and how to manage my time through out the shift. I continue to learn the facility protocols. The management is awesome. They follow up with your learning process and are there when I need them. My co-workers are dependable and good team players. The hardest part of the job is when I get a couple of admission in a row and we can not talk to the admitting physician until the morning. I enjoy providing safe care to my patients. If I make a difference in one life, then I have done my job. I love being a nurse.
Great team work and making a diffrence.
Environmental Services (Current Employee), New Albany, INMarch 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunch and great team work.
Cons: so busy at times it's as if we don't get a break.
A typical day at work would involve us clocking in at three p.m. and being on the floors no later than three thirty. We would push around carts with cleaning supplies call out the room then clean it. Our lunch is at five p.m. ( you could request to have a later lunch if desired.) Working over time depends on how many rooms are down and how many workers are there.

I learned how to properly clean rooms, how to announce myself when entering a room with a patient in one. I've learned many things involving the best cleaners to use on surfaces and all the work and effort that is put into this job.

Management here is good. My boss is very kind and helpful. She will help clean rooms sometimes.

My co-workers work very hard and do a job well done. They are kind, positive, helpful people. We work together as a team. If one needs help someone is always there.

The hardest part of my job is seeing the family members of patients who are worried or upset for a loved one.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference even if it is just by cleaning rooms.
I really enjoyed my job at Floyd.
Carpenter (Former Employee), New Albany, INFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: loved everything about this job
Cons: no cons
My job consists of completing work orders and doing a variety of jobs. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and the ability of using my skills ant talents that helped out the hospital.
Wonderful group of people to work with
Barista, Server, Cook, (Former Employee), New Albany, INAugust 14, 2013
You work with wonderful people. The management needs work however. The directors of the dietary need to become more involved. Other than that, I have no complaints.
good place to work
Upon occasion act as charge nurse for unit (Current Employee), New Albany, INAugust 1, 2013
typical day of work usually four to five patients. ages vary from infant to elderly adults. I would have to say that's one of the hardest parts of the job is having to have a mindset for patients that can be so far apart in age. The unit is more a medical/surgical unit. The unit is typically more adults than kids. I would have to say about 75/25. My coworkers are great!!!
Aweful place
Team member (Former Employee), New albanyMay 22, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: poor hr and managment
I enjoy my cowokers. I had some issue with the management and when I filed an HR case, I was harassed and confronted by my boss. The Director of HR is very inconsistent. He breaks most of the rules. There is a lot of drama and each department is ran separate. My bosses will ask the co workers dirt of the other and then write them up on the word of the other employee. It is a very childish place.