Floyd Memorial Hospital

Floyd Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MipsJune 6, 2016
Unfortunately. I made the mistake to accept a position on MIPS! There are brand new inexperienced nurses running the show and I would not take my dog there to be treated. Management is extremely poor and there is no job protection @ all! Witnessed so much wrong doings I could write a book! Hopefully, if Baptist Healthcare comes through hopefully will be their "Savior! The ER staff is extremely rude and non caring and their ER Doctors basically admit anybdy just for profits, not needing to be hospitalized. What a "Journey" it was to work there!
Management is poor
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 28, 2016
I received on the job bulling after I witnessed some on the job incrimanating acts and when I reported it, the bulling only got worse by coworkers and management.

There is NO diversity at this company, if you don't believe me just look around when or if your there.
Employees are VERY cliquish and don't care about what's important which is the job.

The nurses are fresh out of school and that's ok but no one is watching over them so unnecessary mistakes are being made.
I'll never refer any of my friends to work there, I was there for ten years before I left.

The best thing I ever done, I still have my pride and dignity.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Its possible you could lose your morels and dignity
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 18, 2015
My externship at Floyd Memorial has been a great experience. The staff are always willing to teach. The emergency department is just large enough to gain a wide variety of skills while still being able to get to know the staff. They take a real interest in seeing their students succeed. I have learned about Ekg, phlebotomy, cathers, sterile and non sterile technique.
turn over
Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMay 23, 2016
poor management in emergency department and throughout
high turn over rates, nursing and tech wise
hr turns the other cheek even when 25+ experience RNs resign from ED within a year
productive and exciting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 4, 2015
Most days are a pretty steady paced. Everyday you learn something new and exciting.I think management lacked some professionalism.I only had one co- worker close in my area and we worked well as a team. The hardest part is when the DEA told patient that they would be required to see the doctors every three months for schedule two drugs.The most enjoyable part was the people who you got to know while they had blood work weekly.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of vacation time
Cons
dealing with patients that are upset about pain management rules for the DEA
very fun place to work
ENVIONMENTAL weekend lead person (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 21, 2015
learned so much working here supervisor very willing to let employees voice their concerns all staff very friendly from the highest paid to the lowest paid very friendly loved working here sorry that I left
Pros
very supportive professionaly and personaly
Cons
not enough help a lot of times
It was a place I dream to work at one day.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ultrasound DepartmentSeptember 28, 2015
Everyone was so nice and the place was always clean and welcoming for a hospital. I really enjoyed my time as an intern and wish I could go back.
OK place to work. Close to home.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 26, 2015
Love all of my coworkers like family. Management tries, but are limited by higher ups in the hospital. They keep adding more and more work to the job but nobody has gotten a raise in several years. Enjoyed establishing relationships with doctors' offices and explaining procedures to patients to make them feel more at ease.
Pros
Monday thru Friday schedule, no weekends.
Cons
Dealing with all the insurance hassels, constantly changing procedure protocols
Overall an OK place to work not to drive to Louisville
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 13, 2015
Coworkers are great! This job has it's ups and downs like anything, but there is really a lot of responsibility for what they pay.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Uncertain future
A good place to work.
Phlebotomist / Patient Service Tech (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. I spent a lot of years working here I learned alot about working with differend departments like, er, icu, tcu, labor and delivery, nursery, all kinds or inpatients and outpatients.
Upper management does not support their management staff
Support team (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 27, 2015
Upper management does not support their staff. They talk about team building, but actually work at breaking down the team. There is a lot of pettiness that takes place in this environment. It can lead to a very stressful and depressing situation.
Pros
very good benefits, some flexibility with scheduling
Cons
management is definitely very out of touch. they go behind your back and are very negative
Awful management, great coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 26, 2014
Could never get a straight forward answer out of the manager of the dept. Policies would always change and if you wanted to switch days to work it was like pulling teeth. My coworkers were like family and very helpful always worked like a team
Pros
short distance from home
Promote continuing education, teamwork based facilty
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 25, 2014
A typical night shift is usually steady busy until around 11pm. I have learned a lot about IV medication therapy and how to manage my time through out the shift. I continue to learn the facility protocols. The management is awesome. They follow up with your learning process and are there when I need them. My co-workers are dependable and good team players. The hardest part of the job is when I get a couple of admission in a row and we can not talk to the admitting physician until the morning. I enjoy providing safe care to my patients. If I make a difference in one life, then I have done my job. I love being a nurse.
Pros
work every third weekend
Cons
occasionally no cna
Work as a team
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 6, 2012
I have to provide the best possible patient care that we can, while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism and compassion.
the hardest part of my job is dealing with patients;
People in general can be difficult to deal with, and with sick people who are frightened, this quality can intensify. In addition, medications and conditions such as confusion can also make our patients behave in a way that we don’t understand. I like doing my job in my own way like treating patients like if they were part of my family or like i would like a nurse to treat me.
Worst drama filled place ever.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 16, 2013
Management has his favorites and if you're not one of them you might as well walk on egg shells or quit.

Also if you do still want to work there make sure you leave on your terms or they will blackball you for any other employment in a healthcare facility.

The general staff are great to work with but all of the management looks out for themselves and that's it.

Decent pay and time off. Good insurance.

No chances for advancement though, unless you're a "favorite".

I will never speak of this job for anyone who is looking for work.
Pros
shift diff, nice coworkers
Cons
racism, favortism, only get talked to for problems nothing about good work.
Overall Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INMarch 13, 2015
This was the most awesome experience to work in a hospital. I enjoyed going to work every time I was scheduled. I would had like to continue in that area of healthcare.
Aweful place
Team member (Former Employee) –  New albanyMay 22, 2013
I enjoy my cowokers. I had some issue with the management and when I filed an HR case, I was harassed and confronted by my boss. The Director of HR is very inconsistent. He breaks most of the rules. There is a lot of drama and each department is ran separate. My bosses will ask the co workers dirt of the other and then write them up on the word of the other employee. It is a very childish place.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor hr and managment
Potential for growth was good.
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 28, 2014
Company allowed for education and growth potential. I started out as a cashier and was able to become the department manager.
Pros
education, great benefits, flexible time.
Cons
stressful, work load continued to increase due to state cutbacks and funding.
Not so great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 26, 2014
I like what I done at my job, and most of my co-workers, but the manager was a whole different story. If you didn't brown nose then you didn't get to keep your job !!!
Pros
friendly and easy to work with co-workers
Cons
the manager was always looking for something to blame on you, the moral was awful after the current manager took over.
Fun And Inerresting People to work eith
Laundry Aid (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 9, 2013
To sort all laundry from the day before
How to work close with other people
Managers were just as fun to work with
Keeping up with volume of weekend work
lunch time was the best part of the day
Pros
earned free day off, could depend on co-workers and managers, really recognized employee days.
Cons
sort staffed on certin days.