FLSmidth Employee Reviews

dead end job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 26, 2017
dead end job. No bonuses. No room for advancement. Such things as company picnics, gym reimbursement, 401k bonuses, business class travel on long flights, etc have all been eliminated in recent years. managements stance on retention is that we should all be happy we still have jobs. A majority of employees are over the age of 60 and only care about making it to retirement age. There is no sense of urgency on anything.
Pros
nobody cares when you come or go
Cons
see below
productive but strict environment
Intercompany Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMay 19, 2017
they environment is not very friendly to say the least unless you are socializing or interacting with the veterans of the company it is hard to fit in
Pros
quite and conserative
Cons
attitude
Great People but questionable company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company for the last nine years but it is tied to two cyclical industries so moral is pretty low. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. After you survive a cycle in one of the industries, you have a lot of comradery with your co-workers.
productive, accurate, experience
Structural Checker & Designer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 16, 2017
Work with FLS is good all kindly people, respectfully because almost all are professionals with responsibility and knowledge; fun environment that push you to work better
Pros
Good Enviroment
Cons
No Cons for me
Not micro managed
Mechanical Designer / Customer Service / Drives (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 29, 2017
The department I was in was Customer Service/Engineering. Our supervisor treated us as equals and adults with no micro managing. We were free to voice ideas and criticisms with no worries of retribution. We knew what our jobs were and he let us do them.
Pros
Friendly people throughout department
Cons
Some programs were instituted with little input from those effected
OK Company. Terrible Management
Engineer IV / Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 24, 2017
There is a strong culture of workplace bullying. The pressure to perform is immense, though it is inconsistent depending on the manager. The management decisions that have been made are going to bring the company to it's knees. I would definitely make sure you know what you are getting into. The workplace culture is not good. Jobs are always undersold and over-promised.
Pros
Pay, Half-day Fridays (although they're really not)
Cons
Bullying, immense pressure to perform
Great company and people
Sr Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  MidvaleMarch 17, 2017
Recommended to anyone great place to work. I love the way management handles the work load. We were able to receive bonuses and Christmas party every year.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Not enough work
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Process Engineer / Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day will include a stand-up review meetings among disciplines, follow-up of vendor schedules, update to clients
update to management, design reviews and updates, job forecast, budget reviews.
Developed my skills technically as a process engineer and collectively as an authority in project management. Work place culture was more official. Hardest part ws having redo work that had earlier been considered complete only to realize the flaws which had not earlier been identified. Then also was the ssue of resolving change management issues together with client. The most enjoyable part was when client showed satisfaction of work done.
Pros
401k, healthcare
Cons
Too much bereaucracy, complicated merit system
they dont like different color working for them
poly (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 30, 2017
I was fired for reporting a permanent worker telling me i would make a good maid. They told me they would take care of it by the time i got home i had no job
muy pesado
Industrial Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Evans, GA 30809January 18, 2017
una buna Hoperadia con buena Calida y producio amable y divertida puntuar
Pros
buenos beneficio
Cons
setrabajaba con presion
FLS Krebs
Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2017
A very good place to work with a family atmosphere. The products manufactured and sold were in the mining industry so the success depended on capital projects to meet revenue targets. If the mining market is strong so to will be the business.
Environment that promotes entrepreneurial mindset
Global Account Manager, Freeport McMoran (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2017
FLSmidth provided an opportunity to sell large value capital goods and supported good customer support.

I was able to help deliver 200 million in capital equipment, and develop relationships with the president of Freeport McMoran.
I enjoyed working independently in a nice work environment.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for a company who really cared about its employees. I worked for them for just over two years, producing replacement parts manuals in the technical writing department for large harvesting and mining equipment for all over the world, until they relocated to Utah.
Pros
I enjoyed working independently with minimal supervision
Cons
I didn't like working four tens, too many hours in one day
Promotions based on who you know, not what you know.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyone. FLSmidth continues to layoff employees and has no plans to grow. The culture here is toxic.
ok place to work
Mechanical-Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2016
Great co-workers and management
extensive customer and vendor relationship.
Cost accounting.
I have spent the past years managing all aspects of operations including accounts payable and receivable, purchase requisitions and all expenditures. This gave me the opportunity to have a flexible schedule.
productive work place
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator/welder (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 20, 2016
i enjoyed working for FLSmidth. The people were good to work with.Pay and benefits were good. Worked with company 20 plus years before it relocated to another state
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
relocated
Terrible Management
Senior Civil/ Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I was with a company that was bought-out by FLSmidth. In the space of three years, I saw a good company driven to the ground and eliminated because of the poor management of FLSmidth.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
management
Career development, open to suggestions and good working culture.
Shift Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sumbe, Angola.November 28, 2016
* Read shift reports, attend safety meeting, deligate production jobs, organise resources for production requirements, co-ordinate production jobs with quality, maintenance and optimisation departments to enhance production.
* Learnt new FLS technology and management skills.
* The FLS management was very supportive and encouraging more
especially when I used to act as Production Manager.
* We really worked as a Team more especially during break downs
when one had to work late with other departments.
* The hardest part of the job was during visa/vaccation rotations were
one had to do more than one job.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was when results were achieved after a challenge and when the target has been achieved.
Pros
They offered accomodation, breakfast, lunch and supper. Healthcare and took care of the travel expenses.
Cons
Healthcare was only when you were on site and travelling to and from site.
fun work place
QC Inspector at orascom construction (Current Employee) –  chinaNovember 9, 2016
Sunday

Problem Solving

"*Plans activities and projects well in advance, and anticipates potential difficulties.
*utilizes available resources effectively.
*prioritizes workload in terms of urgency and importance.
*organizes own time effectively, allocating realistic timescales for activities.
*Ensures the efficient co-ordination of own activities by effective scheduling and the establishment of clear priorities."
• Follow and leading construction activities
Observes and interprets people’s behavior.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short break
International company with many opportunities
Manager, Project Controls (PMO) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2016
International company with many opportunities to engage with other colleagues on projects and continual improvement initiatives. Professional atmosphere and good benefits are available with incentives for those looking to maintain good health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLSmidth. Our community is ready to answer.