Flsmidth Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, a real family
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 8, 2015
FLSmidth is a world wide organization so it is a little out of touch with its individual company holdings. There is a bit too much management that is not really aware of what those who produce are doing. Otherwise, it is a great place to work because the people are really great.
Productive place with new organization in place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 20, 2015
Pros: Many organizations
Cons: Nobody knows where the company is going
Great company for the mining world with many managment changes in the past 4 years, creating a difficult place to grow. The company owns different divisions for the cement and mineral industry. They create new departments giving them a short time to grow. Overall, FLSmidth is a good company to work for it. They paid well and their benefits are good.
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Challenging work
Cons: Lack of qualified people
Work is interesting. Mgmt blew it with respect to understanding the market demand for its products. Layoffs have hurt as mgmt has sent work to India at $16/hr vs $90/hr in the USA. Quality is poor and turn around is slow.
Uncertain times
Mech Engineer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: team environment
Cons: mining industry in a slow period therefore job security is uncertain
Good group of people to work with. Need better project managers to keep projects on schedule and within budget. Slow down in the mining industry has caused work force reductions and job uncertainty going forward.
Good employees
Separations Lab & Testing Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2014
good employees, has potential to be a global leader in mining equipment.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: global travel
Cons: mid to low compensation
Great travel opportunities. Limited advancement opportunities
nice company when they are busy
Senior AutoCAD Designer, Checker (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJuly 9, 2014
Pros: new building
Cons: to many managers
overall client orientated company and work at your own pace per client schedule with minimum supervision.
Great multi national company to work for
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Midvale UtahJune 3, 2014
Pros: multi national company
Cons: multi national company
FLSmidth is a great progressive company to work for. They provide a good work/life balance in a professional working environment.
Dynamic company sell very good product with hard working employees
Sr. Electrical Designer (Current Employee), bethlehem, PAApril 20, 2014
Pros: they have their own cafeteria for breakfast and hot lunches
Cons: i wish it was full time as it is only for a limited project 6-9 months
I really enjoy working here as there are quality people that are hard working and great mentors.
Fun easy going
Piping Designer / Mining (Current Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 19, 2014
Excellent work place, very flexible in time, great environment to work in.
super poor management
Laboratory Technician (OCPM) (Former Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: state of the art facility
Cons: certain managers
I was really happy whenI started working in the Lab because it is a state of the art facility with new equipment and wonderful lab technicians. The problem I had was with management. Not all the management but a select few. They were bully's that threatened our jobs if we complained about abusive work conditions. Some of the managers should not be allowed to work with people. We were not allowed to take breaks or socialize with each other. We all had a negative feeling about his place and the turnover was incredibly high. This was all overlooked by the directors of the facility and i feel that they should have done a better job protecting the employees.
NO COMENT
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: i was laid off
Cons: i enjoyed everyperson i worked with
Every day was a busy day.
Teamwork / Leadership Problem solving
Management to care of any and all needs you had right away as if you a were a very important person which left you feeling very important.
Co-workers were always willing to help out one another regaudless of what the problem was.
The hardest part of this job was leaving for the day. I enjoyed this job so much it was hard leaving for the day.
Pay day of course and the benefits the company offered. This company really took care of there people. This was a great feeling of appreciaton. Every person wants to know they are appreciated for doing there job and it was made very clear that this company recognized there fellow employees which left you feeling absolutely wonderful.
Good company with very good hard working people
Welder/ mechanic (Current Employee), all over the united statesJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: pay is little low for what you do
typical day was 12 hrs of hard good work. It really helped me in my rigging and learning more on alignment. Great people and leadership. the hardest part of the job was some of the conditions but the company did everything possible to make it the best they could.
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee), Evans, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work, great team environment. Learn alot daily
Many great people, fast paced, beautiful environment and office
Head Receptionist (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: wonderful lunch room, beautiful surroundings, good pay and benefits
Cons: high stress, issues with management who were stressed, few breaks if any.
A typical day at FLSmidth started with opening the front office, turning on machines and preparing for the flood of calls and visitors. I would be swamped with phone calls and visitors from 8am till 4:30pm. Both calls and visitors would come in waves through-out the day.
My co-workers were wonderful to work with. the Management was often over-worked and out of reach unless they needed to communicate with you.
The hardest part of my job was getting people to relieve me at the front desk. It was a high pressure position and most admins were less then excited about helping out there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world and learning about their cultures. It was fascinating and I loved the people that I met.
Field Service Experiences
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: interesting travel experiences
Cons: lots of travel
Problem solving in many foreign countries with multiple language exposure
Professional work environment with many benefits.
SNIM Assistant (Current Employee), Midvale, UTOctober 21, 2013
This is an excellent company with many different opportunities. I enjoy the work environment and employees.
Engineer and a great place to work
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, and summer hours
over saw multimillion dolar projects across the world. FLS is a great place to work with friendly people and management was considered more friends than actual bosses.
Sweat shop tendencies
I might as well been the janitor. (Former Employee), There aboutsMay 22, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: see above
Not the best position I've ever had, but I can say one of the worst. The blame goes from one disipline to another. There is no set rhyme or reason for the way projects are done.

Some of the projects have been done over 4 or 5 times because of the mistakes each disipline makes..

Hardest part of the job? Trying to get the answers you need to do the design right the first time.

The moral isn't great.

People here are pretty friendly.
If you come from a manufacturing background stay away
Project Manager (Former Employee), Midvale, UTMay 6, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: management does not converse with team
This is a design group only. Management does not have team oriented confrences you need to guess whats going on. No team info provided..