Flsmidth

Flsmidth Employer Reviews

Great multi national company to work for
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Midvale UtahJune 3, 2014
Pros: multi national company
Cons: multi national company
FLSmidth is a great progressive company to work for. They provide a good work/life balance in a professional working environment.
Dynamic company sell very good product with hard working employees
Sr. Electrical Designer (Current Employee), bethlehem, PAApril 20, 2014
Pros: they have their own cafeteria for breakfast and hot lunches
Cons: i wish it was full time as it is only for a limited project 6-9 months
I really enjoy working here as there are quality people that are hard working and great mentors.
Fun easy going
Piping Designer / Mining (Current Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 19, 2014
Excellent work place, very flexible in time, great environment to work in.
super poor management
Laboratory Technician (OCPM) (Former Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: state of the art facility
Cons: certain managers
I was really happy whenI started working in the Lab because it is a state of the art facility with new equipment and wonderful lab technicians. The problem I had was with management. Not all the management but a select few. They were bully's that threatened our jobs if we complained about abusive work conditions. Some of the managers should not be allowed – more... to work with people. We were not allowed to take breaks or socialize with each other. We all had a negative feeling about his place and the turnover was incredibly high. This was all overlooked by the directors of the facility and i feel that they should have done a better job protecting the employees. – less
NO COMENT
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: i was laid off
Cons: i enjoyed everyperson i worked with
Every day was a busy day.
Teamwork / Leadership Problem solving
Management to care of any and all needs you had right away as if you a were a very important person which left you feeling very important.
Co-workers were always willing to help out one another regaudless of what the problem was.
The hardest part of this job was leaving for the day. I enjoyed – more... this job so much it was hard leaving for the day.
Pay day of course and the benefits the company offered. This company really took care of there people. This was a great feeling of appreciaton. Every person wants to know they are appreciated for doing there job and it was made very clear that this company recognized there fellow employees which left you feeling absolutely wonderful. – less
Good company with very good hard working people
Welder/ mechanic (Current Employee), all over the united statesJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: pay is little low for what you do
typical day was 12 hrs of hard good work. It really helped me in my rigging and learning more on alignment. Great people and leadership. the hardest part of the job was some of the conditions but the company did everything possible to make it the best they could.
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee), Evans, GAJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work, great team environment. Learn alot daily
Many great people, fast paced, beautiful environment and office
Head Receptionist (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: wonderful lunch room, beautiful surroundings, good pay and benefits
Cons: high stress, issues with management who were stressed, few breaks if any.
A typical day at FLSmidth started with opening the front office, turning on machines and preparing for the flood of calls and visitors. I would be swamped with phone calls and visitors from 8am till 4:30pm. Both calls and visitors would come in waves through-out the day.
My co-workers were wonderful to work with. the Management was often over-worked – more... and out of reach unless they needed to communicate with you.
The hardest part of my job was getting people to relieve me at the front desk. It was a high pressure position and most admins were less then excited about helping out there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world and learning about their cultures. It was fascinating and I loved the people that I met. – less
Field Service Experiences
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: interesting travel experiences
Cons: lots of travel
Problem solving in many foreign countries with multiple language exposure
Professional work environment with many benefits.
SNIM Assistant (Current Employee), Midvale, UTOctober 21, 2013
This is an excellent company with many different opportunities. I enjoy the work environment and employees.
Engineer and a great place to work
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, and summer hours
over saw multimillion dolar projects across the world. FLS is a great place to work with friendly people and management was considered more friends than actual bosses.
Sweat shop tendencies
I might as well been the janitor. (Former Employee), There aboutsMay 22, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: see above
Not the best position I've ever had, but I can say one of the worst. The blame goes from one disipline to another. There is no set rhyme or reason for the way projects are done.

Some of the projects have been done over 4 or 5 times because of the mistakes each disipline makes..

Hardest part of the job? Trying to get the answers you need to do the – more... design right the first time.

The moral isn't great.

People here are pretty friendly. – less
If you come from a manufacturing background stay away
Project Manager (Former Employee), Midvale, UTMay 6, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: management does not converse with team
This is a design group only. Management does not have team oriented confrences you need to guess whats going on. No team info provided..
Good company, nice environment but no sense of job security
ACCOUNT MANAGER; SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 6, 2012
A typical day consists of working with customers, buyers, and traffic to complete proposals per customer requests or get status of orders or shipping instructions to complete orders.
FLSmidth- A great place to work for
Assistant Manager- Team Lead (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 1, 2014
Been with FLSmidth, has truly been a remarkable experience to say the least.I rapidly gained extensive experience in the Material handling,mineral processing and cement industry in both Domestic and International jobs
Working on international jobs with the offices of Denmark, USA, Germany and South Africa was a challenging and diverse experience all – more... together. My Global outlook was vastly influenced by the close association with the overseas teams and greatly by the visit to the Global office.

I take great pride in having worked with the smartest, brightest and brilliant people in the FLSmidth. It has been an experience that I will cherish for long.

My seniors and management always shows strong confidence in my abilities, entrusting greater responsibilities, imparting the leadership attributes and for exploring the depth of my abilities. – less
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 11, 2014
Hard work
A lot learned, lessons learned
Can manage my jobs well
Good working relationship with co-workers
There's always a challenge with projects
Love my type of work and what i do
Opportunity to bring change and process improvement measures.
National Inventory Controller (Former Employee), Pinkenba, BrisbaneJune 9, 2014
Fast paced environment to ensure customer requirements and tight schedules are met.Due to lack of robust systems in place there were abundant opportunities to implement new initiatives to deliver maximum value whilst working within company guidelines.
A friendly professional environment with very good working conditions
to achieve positive results.
My – more... role was enjoyable whilst challenging due to numerous areas of inefficiency within the company however as new initiatives were implemented and results reflected the positive change this provided great satisfaction and drive to continue.
Management were supportive of the changes however due to downturn in the market conditions there was a change in culture and the management support network deteriorated.
Much was learned within the mining sector from understanding customer requirements to delivering best practice under at times difficult conditions.
Enjoyable and challenging company. – less
Good Company
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMay 28, 2014
Pros: subsidised cafe
Cons: long working hours
Good company with lot of scope for engineers.Long working hours and sometimes same kind of work is given for fast outputs.
More professional
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 21, 2013
Flsmidth is more professional and most enjoyable part of the job is you can come across more number of challenges.
Nice place to work
Deputy Chief Designer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 17, 2013
Pros: transportation and lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical work
Ability to manage independent and in team
Work and personal life balance

1 2 3