We are looking for a brilliant, self-starting, flexible, hands-on, creative Front End Developer to join our NYC area team.
As the Fluitec Lead Front End Developer, your primary focus will be building and implementing high-quality user interfaces. You will be managing our "twitter newsfeed meets stock chart" portal. You will work closely alongside a team of other Developers, ensuring each pixel is visually, and interactively perfect.
Our Front End Developer is responsible for the look and feel of the end product a serious consideration here at Fluitec. Beyond the obvious characteristics, detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate about problem-solving, we are looking for Developers who are hands-on, natural leaders and will push to improve a project even beyond our rigorous needs.
To be considered for the position, please complete the following:
1. Create or use an existing account at: https://github.com/
2. Fork the following repo: https://github.com/drsm79/Backbone-d3
3. Download this CSV file: https://nycopendata.socrata.com/api/views/iyrc-jsee/rows.csv?accessType=DOWNLOAD
4. Please look at the “visualizations” folder, the author has created 5 chart templates (line, scatter, etc).
5. Following the author’s framework, please create a Force-Directed Graph using the CSV file as your data source.
6. Please feel free to adopt any hierarchy structure and use as many or few fields as you want.
7. Please send the link to your repo to: h.tao at fluitec.com
We are looking for someone who has the following characteristics:
- 3+ years experience of Web UI design.
- At least 2+ years experience of Servlets.
- 1+ year Experience of SQL. Experience of MySQL is preferable.
- At least 2+ years experience of front-end programing using HTML, CSS, JSON, and Dojo JS framework.
- At least 1+ year experience of Portlet programming.
- Experience of J2EE application development.
- Application server experience. Glassfish preferable.
- Familiar with development environment, such as SVN, maven, and IDE.
- Familiar with SQL, PL/SQL, and application data modeling.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiar with Web Service programming. Familiar with RESTful Web service programming using JAX-RS is a plus.
- Familiar with distributed programming. Experience of MapReduce programming is a plus.
- Familiar with EJBs.
- Experience of developing ETL applications.
- Experience of Application server configuration and maintenance.
Fluitec Wind is a clean technology company focused on decreasing the cost of wind energy through data. Wind turbines are discrete, distributed, and unique, but networked to produce vast quantities of data ( >1GB/turbine/year). Fluitec Wind capitalizes on this by employing advanced data mining, predictive analytics, behavioral targeting, to reduce the cost of O&M. One-third of the lifetime cost of a wind turbine is in this operations and maintenance (O&M): it is the "fuel" that is required to run a turbine. Using our cloud-based SaaS platform, wind companies feed us data and we predict, prevent, and act to decrease turbine costs. We have become the "Facebook for wind turbines"!
We are a unique renewable energy company with a mission, a defined niche, and a passion to execute. We are rich in eclectic backgrounds, are ridiculously dedicated and are unified around a passion to succeed! Fluitec Wind is a stealth, VC backed company. The company is awarded $3.3M in funding from the state of New Jersey to expand. In addition the parent company finalized a $10M series B round of financing in 2011. The CEO founded a previous clean technology company that went public and reached a market cap greater than $750m; the executive team is comprised of heads of standards bodies and leading industry thought leaders. The parent company was voted top awards at the Cleantech Forums in Paris and New York in 2010. Suffice to say, Fluitec Wind has the money, the team, and the technology.
We are a true tech company with a loft office near the Hudson (2 blocks from PATH), a lot of highly educated folks doing cutting edge work in a dynamic environment.