Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
As in life, your job is what you make it.
Rigging Superintendent/ NCCER Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMarch 22, 2017
Extremely large company, so at times you almost seem like just a number. Quite a few knowledgeable professionals are employed here, and by far I've met more positive people within this company on this particular site than I have in any other over my 17 year span in this industry.
Pros
Very lax environment; really good people
Cons
Lot of restrictions on creative thinking; quite a bit of mismanagement
Depends on what job you work on but the company has many flaws and needs to fix management and be fair to employees
Union Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Money's good and pays well but management needs to be improved and they know this but they seems to not want to fix the issues
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Lots of headache and nit pick small things that make the job hard
Construction
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMarch 20, 2017
Fluor Corp has it pros and cons but overall it is not a bad company to work for. I haved learned the basics of bending conduit, terminating, and pulling wire. During my time at Fluor Corp, I have made a few good friends.
many ammenities
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 20, 2017
A typical day is 9 hours, learning opportunities, and travel. Worked there for 21 years, but due to outsourcing we have a reduction in workforce in our Houston office.
Great work place environment.
Design Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Fluor. They have great people and are very open with their opportunities. This company has been very understanding about my family and supports family life.
Work environment with potential for growth
Officia Technician III (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 18, 2017
An environment for growth and development. Management is great to work with and workplace culture is friendly and inclusive. Hardest part will be leaving the company to move on to a new project.
they had cookouts
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2017
it was a pretty good company. We worked 6 days a week. Overtime started on fridays. worked sundays sometimes. they are a good company. they have good benefits
Safety
Material Manager (Former Employee) –  South KoreaMarch 16, 2017
Fluor has one of the best safety cultures that I have ever been a part of. I've had the opportunity to witness there safety culture both stateside and abroad.
Production is a must
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMarch 15, 2017
Sometimes communication is not very good.Hard to get advancement unless you know someone higher up. you have to keep your opinions to yourself.strictly business work habits no horse play
Pros
free lunch provided Duke Energy
Cons
short breaks
Willing to develop employees
Project Manger (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 15, 2017
I project manage 5 large projects 29 small projects and am responsible for keeping up with contracts for the site. IBM Boulder.
This is a good place to work.
Its a good place to work if you're with a select few people.
Helper (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMarch 15, 2017
I loved the job but the company canceled the fluor contract so we all lost our jobs and are now looking for new jobs because our contract was canceled.
enjoyed global engineering aspect
Project Support Tecnician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 14, 2017
Managed the day-to-day logistical support for two years for 300-400 war zone contractors. Wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for 75 new and current employees. Prepared and audited expense reports using Expense Accounting System (EAS). Coordinated office moves and Lunch and Learns, ordered supplies and catering requests. Input confidential information into company's databases with utmost accuracy.

I learned how a global company functions.

Management is good.

Workplace culture was great.

Hardest part of the job was working 11-12 hour days for a period of time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting the war zone contractors.
Pros
fantastic training
Principal Document and Data Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Flour. I will return at Flour if they call me to work on another project. We all were encouraged to reach out for management roles. We were trained in management duties.
Pros
long lunchs
Cons
work share
Productive great work place
PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXMarch 10, 2017
Enjoyed working along these great people..I like that I was given the opportunity to work with such wonderful management.. can't wait for the opportunity to go back to work with them
Love the job
Military Billeting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2017
Assist in the management and coordination of the billeting mission for over 4,000 troops, contractors and US government employees on Camp Marmal, one of the largest camps in Afghanistan
As the Lead Specialist on Camp Marmal, provide leadership for multi-national Billeting Team of 75 employees from seven countries during absence of the billeting supervisor; ensure understanding of and adherence to rules, regulations, policies, procedures, tracking and timesheet approver
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with the military command, as well as company management, using process improvement techniques to proactively manage the billeting department
• Have been officially recognized numerous times by the military, as well as Fluor management for my efforts in housing
Pros
Working with different nationalies
Cons
Contract Work
Fun Management
Career Transition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2017
Everything is good, management is fun. There were continued training events and there was always some fun activities coordinated into training. Fluor Federal solutions is a great company to work for.
fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 9, 2017
Work place culture is fun and challenging .Managements not look out for employees benefits but just .
A lot of outsource to offshore office
Nice people to work with.

Too corporate and not focus on employees
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Job unsstable
Working for Fluor was a good experience
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaMarch 9, 2017
The positives

The experience I obtained from working with Fluor was positive. I enjoyed my time with Fluor.

The challenges

Pros
Cons
Top heavy management, Heavy work sharing with other countries on most projects, Lack of continuity between projects have a negative effect on the employees.
Very fast paced but in a semi safe manner
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Citrus County, FLMarch 6, 2017
Overall , FLUOR is a great company. They make sure to put safety first . My job site has had a few incidents due safety violations,but the atmosphere with the people is great. I would recommend FLUOR to anyone who is willing g to stay with them and travel.
Pros
Three breaks, fast paced, access to certifications
Cons
Safety violations, favoritism
no review
Journeyman Batch Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 5, 2017
ii do not wish to give a review of this company. i work for the union and do not work directally for fluor. i donot believe i should have to review a company that i do not directally work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2