Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

4/5 stars
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 10, 2017
I really like working for Fluor. Fluor is an Contractor Company. The site I work is on a 3-2-2 schedule. We work 7-7. Every 6 weeks we rotate from days to nights. Starting pay is 12.50. 18.75 for overtime. and we get a lot of it. I work 6-7 days each week even being on the 3-2-2 schedule. You work in teams of 2-3 people. You're basically your own supervisor. the lead is only there Mon-Fri 6-3:30. Benefits kick in immediately.
Has its ups and downs
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCDecember 10, 2017
the company was ok. nothing really special. The hours were good especially getting off at 3:30 daily. The management was all over the place. The upper management would only do a mediocre job providing the workers the proper information needed to complete the job. Quality Control would take days to come inspect areas that were complete which would hold everything else up.
Pros
Benefits were decent and work hours were good
Cons
upper management was unorganized and laid the wrong people off.
good pay and ot
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 9, 2017
good money but didnt last long enough. We had a hard time getting enough experienced electricians and helpers. No continuity between dayshift and night shift
Pros
overtime
Cons
not enough experienced electricians
Enjoyed Working at FFS - Paducah Deactivation Project
Lead QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kevil, KYDecember 8, 2017
Contract ended. Now CH2MHill lead contract (Four Rivers Nuclear Partnership). Worked 9-80's.
Learned a little bit more of deactivating a nuclear facility.
Senior management as well as direct management was superior.
Workplace culture was safety minded.
The hardest part of the job was not being retained by the new contract.
I enjoyed my work and felt value-added and respected by management.
Fluor is a good place to work.
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
Fluor is a well respected company that has a well deserved excellent reputation for executing mega projects and producing high quality facilities. This creates an environment of high competency and high expectations. Pressure to execute is ever present and the culture is set top "get it done" with the expectation of getting it done right. Training is important to Fluor but time is a constraint on effective training. Overall Fluor meets my expectation of work at an EPC company with the associated pressures and expectations.
Pros
Good job with opportunities to advance
Cons
Work is dependent on client execution of projects.
Great place to work. Only reason I'm looking for work elsewhere is to be closer to home.
Pipe fitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLDecember 8, 2017
Loved my employment with fluor and I look forward to working with them again in the future. I strongly recommend fluor to others. Management was great. The only think I didn't like was the layoffs right before the holidays.
Opportunity Galore
Designer Autocad & Microstation (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 5, 2017
Fluor is a great company. A very multi-cultural enviornment, which made it even more interesting for me. The projects, all heavy industrial were very interesting, I loved the work and didn't mind working overtime. There was opportunity to advance and/or move laterally to many different disciplines. The hardest part of the job was the ocasional longer hours to meet some deadlines. The most enjoyable part was the work itself and the interesting projects and the people, and learning how to adapt to a multicultural team.

I learned structural, mechanical design, Autocad, Microstation, 2D, 3D drafting and commercial bid evaluations, plan checking, purchasing. I learned how to adapt to many different foreign accents and cultural habits.
Pros
Great management
Cons
room for improvement
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 5, 2017
Typical day at Fluortek, everyone works in a robotic mode, no motivation or encouragement. Rules do not applied to every single employee at Fluortek. some employees get treated unfair. There is a lot of room to improve and motivate employees, more recognition will help the company and better health insurance. Employees are paying too much money on health insurance and the deductible is too high.
A lack of quality management
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VADecember 4, 2017
I went through 3 foreman in less than 2 months, the last foreman was someone I couldn't work for. He couldn't assign tasks to be completed and wasn't competent at all for being a pipe foreman.
Pros
It's a jobs pays the bills
Cons
Everything else
Horrible and Law suit Prone
Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32609December 3, 2017
The salary was great and the benefits were fair however; the staff at Fluor federal were not good. The place was in a state of disaary and the managment team was more involved in personal elationships than those of the studets. Many employees also had oersonal relationships with the students (awful)!

The medical department was ran like a zoo. Medications given without prescriptions, not on time, or some not at all. The nurses worked waaaayyyyy out of their scopes and it was allowed.

Horrible, unethical, not professional...
Flour could be a good place to work with good management
Transportation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCDecember 2, 2017
Flour needs to respect their workers mores and get away from their buddy system when you have good peoples working for you give them the same respect you want In construction you have many workers that could assist managers with a a solutions but can't get the chance
Pros
Maybe one free lunch a year
Cons
We got 3 breaks a day
Overall Good Company To Work For
Marketing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CADecember 1, 2017
Despite the lack of insight from upper management, middle management, and lower-level staff always worked hard and for each other. The work environment was never too stressful to the point of breakdown and the amount of experience earned in the industry cannot be accurately measured. Although a bit behind the times in technology my overall rating of the company is still positive.
Pros
Off every other Friday
Cons
Medical benifits are subpar
Review Summary
Process / Specialty Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 30, 2017
Fine good ok not bad normal. Decent place to work. Decent work environment, but small cubicles. Starbucks on site. Sometimes there are food trucks.
Miss It!!
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TxNovember 30, 2017
I loved my time at Fluor and was so disappointed when I got the news that I was being laid off due to the 2016 Oil/Gas crisis that hit the industry hard. It is a great company with great coworkers, excellent management and great opportunities. I sincerely hope I receive a call back from them in the future.
Poorly managed company that does not learn from previous projects
Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2017
Company that possess extraordinary talent and dedicated employees wanting to do quality work ethically yet invests none in them. Employees are not given a route to succeed or advance, no raises, poor communication with upper level management (executive management). It is a true shame that this company does not take advantage of lessons learned nor understand that people are their most valuable resource. Executive management is only concerned with profit. I would not work here again. Only focus is short term profit not long term growth and retention of employees. Does NOT understand power industry. Executives are prone to emotional knee-jerk reactions when projects are difficult. Also does not retain talent from one project to the next, Liquidates all their knowledge base when a project ends. Very sad.
Pros
Excellent employees and talent
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 29, 2017
Was a learning experience for being on a Nuclear Plant for the first time. Learned how to make Labels. The work was at a slower pace than what I was use to. The hardest part of the job was getting use to working the night shift but really enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Laid back atomphere
Cons
wasn't any
Very good people
Form Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 29, 2017
I would definitely go back to work with them. Very good place to work just got to cold for me in South Carolina. If they ever get a job down south, I would definitely go.
fine, depending on local management
NCCER+ Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2017
hurry up and get it done attitude resulted in massive rework. I learned that non-english speaking employees more valuable than US born despite the sub-standard quality they practice.. management mostly buddies,helping buddies, or nepotism. the hardest part of the job was performing as the pro I've been groomed to be in this culture of hurry up and get it done at all costs. the best part of the job was working with some fine individuals, though they are few and far between.
Pros
good pay if you don't mind the long hours
Cons
if you don't kiss butt, you'd better know what you're doing
Good pay
CRANE AND RIGGING FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 28, 2017
Good pay, safety oriented. Enjoyed my time with fluor. Alot of great employees. Management left something to be desired, but needed changes were made and things got alot better. Would definitely work with fluor again!!
good salary poor management
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLNovember 28, 2017
spent most of our time trying to find what we needed to do the job. work was steady. management was very poor, new hire ins would get top position and not know how to do their job, over someone who has 5+ years experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2