Flurry -- Big Data Solutions That Power The Mobile App Economy
We have outstanding opportunities for experienced, enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to build innovative products as we rapidly expand delivery of our big data advertising services for the booming mobile app marketplace. You can assume a role as a key contributor of highly valued, high-profile functionality for our primary product offerings.
This is your chance to expand your expertise in leading-edge technologies and distributed infrastructures as you solve challenging problems as part of a dedicated team that takes great pride in our work. This is a terrific opportunity for a seasoned software engineer with expertise in large scale infrastructures that emphasize reliability, availability, consistency, security, and performance.
You should have a track record of expertise in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of software optimized for large scale environments. You thrive on learning and applying new technologies. You're capable of managing your time well and working efficiently and independently. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience.
- 5 years solid experience building, configuring, and monitoring highly scalable distributed computing solutions in a large-scale environment.
- Expertise in developing high-quality, object-oriented code (Java preferred) deployed on Linux/Unix.
- Well-versed in automated testing with experience using test frameworks like JUnit.
- Strong system and application troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (Hardware, Linux, Networking, JVMs, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, and related distributed systems technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL storage technologies including: HBase, BigTable, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM technologies.
- Experience using Selenium for test automation.
Principals Only. Flurry does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies, and is not responsible for fees associated with such submissions.
US-based applicants only, please.
Flurry has built the largest mobile network reaching more than 700 million unique monthly users on tablets and smartphones. Its app measurement and advertising platform is used by more than 80,000 media companies and independent developers that have published more than 250,000 applications on the Flurry network. The company is very well funded, has built a remarkable revenue stream, and is pre-IPO and cash flow positive.
Flurry's corporate headquarters are located in San Francisco's vibrant South of Market district, with offices in New York, London, and Mumbai. We provide extremely competitive compensation, an outstanding package of benefits and, most importantly, a terrific, fun team of people who are dedicated to excellence in all we do.
Flurry welcomes and encourages applicants regardless of age, gender, disability, race or national ancestry, veteran or marital status, or sexual orientation.