Flyers Energy, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible manager
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 26, 2016
The manager is a joke. She talks about employees to other co-workers and tries to play them against each other. She makes working there very stressful. Not worth the pay or the rude attitude you get from management. Management makes it known how cashiers are JUST cashiers. Control freak at its finest.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly
Cons
Awful management, bad pay, rude customers
Illiterate and perverted Management,
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 23, 2016
Worst company in Paradise to work for. District Manager made fun of me for being deaf, because she was mumbling like a red neck and I asked her to repeat herself. She didn't know I was actually deaf, then laughed at me when I told her I really was and have been for ten years. Team members will steal from your drawer and the blame will go on you. Assistant manager will tell you something is ok, then you will get fired for doing it by the manager. 5 thumbs down.
Pros
None.
Cons
NO BREAKS OR LUNCHES, Illiterate Management, Perverted Manager, Poorest team collaboration.
fun, fastpaced, always something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, CASeptember 19, 2016
I loved working for flyers and kinda wish i didn't resign. The people are great and management was awesome, I was never bored and would go recommend a friend
Pros
vacation
Cons
cleaning up a massive gas spill in 105 weather
fast pace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CASeptember 9, 2016
Never seems to be a slow time with the stores. Always able to meet great Guests and complete tasks with handled time management
Pros
free coffee... great guests... treats like a family... ability to have a flexible schedule if needed
Cons
benefits.
Lack of training and care for employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2016
If you work at any site, you'll experience a high level of expectations without a high level of training to match. They don't care about their employees they just expect a lot for little pay.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Negative environment
easy job to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 19, 2016
flyers is a place for high school kids or unskilled people to work at. i worked there as a second job due to financial needs
Not Bad For A First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, CAJune 16, 2016
Or if you need semi-steady work. Can be very fast-paced and customers can be extra-grumpy, but the regulars are always good for a little chat. Cleaning duties can sometimes be unpleasant. Good managers who look out for you, but depends on who the supervisor is on shift that day. You can sometimes listen to your choice of appropriate music if the manager okays it.
Pros
Free Reign over The Radio/CD player if okayed.
Cons
Fast-paced, grumpy customers, cleaning bathrooms
Compensation is too low and medical benefits are AWFUL
Fuel Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CANovember 21, 2015
The medical benefits shouldnt even be called benefits. Its extortion.
The people are nice but the pay was horribly under average.
benefits are horrible. That is all I have to say
Great place to work and great people to work for.
Assistant Manager/Fuel Billing Anaylst (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAOctober 14, 2015
This is a great place to work. Good company that takes care of its employee's. Good place for upward movement. I have worked here for 1 year and love the company. I would have stayed with the company for a career but had to move to a location which the company does not service.
Great company to work for and shop at.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CASeptember 22, 2015
Great company to work for. They respect team opinions and show appreciation for hard work. Very supportive with your goals, and always trying to improve.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Stay Away
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay AreaSeptember 10, 2015
When you are involved in a incident they will terminate you before all the facts come out. Once the facts came out and you are cleared not even a apology from Management. They promote the wrong people into Management who shouldn't be there
Very friendly people to work with it was a lot of socializing
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CASeptember 8, 2015
Everyday was much of the same. The training at Flyers needed a lot of help. Not much training,my supervisor was not a people person was not easy to work for. As for the company they did seem to care for the employees.
Pros
If you needed time off was not a problem, you could make up the time
Cons
Management problems
Stable Growing Company
Administration (Current Employee) –  AuburnAugust 18, 2015
After many years spent in the workforce at various positions: retail, customer service, as well as food service... it is refreshing to finally work for a company that values its employees and respects their work life balance. I am always given the tools necessary to do my job and if I have a question I can ask anyone around me for the answer. I actually look forward to Mondays!
I have seen people promoted from within frequently in all departments. What really makes the difference here is the fact that the company is family owned and operated and that they never lose touch with their most valuable asset: their employees.
Pros
Schedule, Culture, Management, 401K, Vision, Dental
Cons
Health Insurance
Great customers and employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 7, 2015
Stocked, customer complaints, paperwork, inventory. Work hard and not get rewarded. My manager was not the best influence on me, I was her assistant, did most of her job and mine, when I could get to mine. Wasn't the best manager to learn from. Great employees, worked hard and listened to what you had to say and did what they were asked. Hardest part was working with a manager that had know drive. Most enjoyable was the customers and employees.
Pros
Great employees and customers.
Cons
Manager with no drive
Not a good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno,caJuly 30, 2015
They said that they pay some of the premium for the insurance but its not true that employee pays the whole ins ,which comes out to about 1200 dollars a month for a family of three, you will never have weekends off or any holidays
Save money at all cost
Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJuly 15, 2015
They frown on overtime, The insurance is outrageous. There is NO advancement opportunity unless you're one of the good ol boys. They want money saved at all cost, including at the risk of the employees not doing things safely. No bad to work for if that's your thing.
Pros
co-workers are generally nice
Cons
healthcare cost, lack of safety minded people
Used to be the apex company.
tanker driver (Current Employee) –  nevadaJune 17, 2015
Flyers has become a mediocre company. There's no difference between flyers and Williams tank line, both suck. The managers are worthless. Managers have zero people skills. Benefits are unaffordable. To top it all there is no overtime. They hired a bunch of drivers that are under pay. It's sad. We're all looking for other jobs so expect many openings soon. Favoritism is alive and well at flyers.
Pros
Cons
management, pay and benefits.
fun and friendly work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Was a great place to work. I worked Graveyards and loved it . Pay was good and got along with my coworkers would definatly love to work here again. i did things such as cleaning and stocking the store, closing registers for the day and getting to know the regular customers.
Pros
good pay, fun, graveyards
Overall not a bad a bad place to work, i learned a lot.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 24, 2014
Lots of cleaning, really busy days. Pricing and stocking.
I learned to be patient and helpful.
Management could use some work it was very hard to communicate about work situations.
Hardest part of job would be degreasing the parking lot.
Most enjoyable part of job would be the customers and getting to know them.
Good Place to be Employed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 14, 2014
Overall an excellent place to work, pay was good for the type of work. Enjoyed my coworkers, we became family. Only complaint to be made was the manager. She was unfair and favored a few employees, making it difficult to work shift with those people. They would get constant breaks to smoke while those who didn't smoke wouldn't get one or any breaks throughout their whole shift. The manager was a poor worker, which made the assistant manager and certain employees on later shifts have to work harder, for less pay. The manager in general is pretty lazy and isn't efficient in the least.
Pros
good pay, great coworkers
Cons
bad management, lazy manager

2.6