Flying J

Flying J Employer Reviews

its a great place as in people and communication
Customer service (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great meals
Cons: short breaks
i really didnt like the job because it was a gas station with a bunch of nasty truckers
very fast pace truck stop
cashier (Former Employee), clearbrook, vaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: days went by quick being super busy
Cons: wouldnt work with my visitation court order
I was a cashier and was always busy beings we were a truck stop. I had to do light cleaning, make coffee and stock when we had slow times.
Good Company
Fuel Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Pembroke, NYAugust 11, 2014
Company is now owned & run by Pilot. At the time, the company was a good place to work, but definitely needed improvements. Hopefully the new owner company will do better with it's new division.
First Gas station very happy i picked this one
Pilot (Former Employee), LouisianaAugust 10, 2014
good crew we all got along great the managers were even friendly but we all understood the boundary between us overall great.
Great Place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Pembroke, NYAugust 3, 2014
Sometimes it was busy sometimes things didnt get done before I came in but i never left work without being sweaty
terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
worst bosses, terrible place to work, let me go after I had my first child
great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pendleton, INJuly 27, 2014
great management co-workers. Cat scales are hard at fist but easy after awhile. You get to meet fun and interesting people every day
My Favorite Job
Team Leader (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discount on food, multiple breaks, chance to move up
Working for Flying J was great. Everything done correct and to the liking of management was praised and acknowledged. I learned how to delegate tasks to other employees, deal with customer complaints, balance a safe, prepare for corporate visits, and how to be a part of a team that gets things done. My coworkers were all great people, and also worked – more... to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job was knowing the difference between being a manager for a corporate business, and being a friend, playing no favorites. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, they traveled all day long but still managed to be some of the friendliest people I met. – less
An engaging and fast paced
Guest Service Leader 1 (Current Employee), Anthony, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: healthcare
It is a good company to work for with opportunities for growth. A typical day is assisting customers and solving any issues that arise. Dealing with vendors and the "back side" of the store i.e. inventory, personnel decisions. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with customers and making their day better.
Great Management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield CaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: team work, good management, benefits
Cons: difficult customers and high turn over
Fast paced, great management and fun staff. This is a customer oriented environment so it can be stressful.
Great company that makes the highest quality pole barns and does amazing remodels
Line Cook (Former Employee), La Grande, ORJuly 15, 2014
Pros: outdoors, working with good people, positive work environment
This company truly is amazing. The high level of quality of anything they produce blows most in this area out of the water. The owner and employees he has on staff are great and everyone is very skilled and detail oriented. This job was amazing!
Busy and Fun Place to Work
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: health care
My typical day consisted of making sure the tills had the right amount of money before I started the day. I would sometimes be on the gas side of the store or the diesel side of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interacting with all the customers that came and went from Flying J.
Loved working there!
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodhull, ILJuly 10, 2014
I loved working at Pilot. Every employee was friendly. The management was great and friendly! It was not hard work. Just providing great customer service!
Productive and Fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2014
Best Job I worked at so far.
Nice Pay.
Great People.
Going In and Getting Off was the best part of the day.
A fun, productive learning environment
Retail Cashier (Current Employee), Daleville, INJuly 8, 2014
I love my boss! He is so awesome, helpful, and easy to talk to. If I ever have any questions pretty much everyone is helpful and willing to provide me with additional knowledge. It can be pretty fast-paced, but I don't mind. I think the hardest part about my job is multitasking. There is so much maintenance with the store, especially with the truck – more... drivers, that it can become overwhelming. Luckily, my co-workers work as a team. I like the work environment. Fun and friendly people all around. – less
Work there for 9 years and learned a lot
Cashier (Former Employee), Wells, NVJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the summer and christmas parties
Cons: the people
learned how to deep clean the trucker's showers and keep the drink area clean and stocked
had to work with truck drivers
Cashier (Former Employee), Latta, SCJune 30, 2014
clock in get on cash register as soon as possible , had three breaks and each day was either an eight hour shift, or a ten hour shift depends on what position I would work
Constantly busy workplace with excitement.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: short breaks, constant changes
A typical day consists of me working the register and stocking throughout the store. I also assist customers with a variety of things.
Average place to work
Fuel Desk Operator (Former Employee), Dothan,alJune 22, 2014
Friendly enviroment got along with staff, diddn't provide enough hours.
Loved working for this Company
Cashier/Assistant Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 21, 2014
I learned a lot working at Flying J! It was fun and I liked the people who worked there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more