Flying J Employee Reviews

Great store
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CANovember 19, 2017
While working at flying J i enjoyed the people and helping the truckers with what they needed. PFJ is always great and the time I spent there was fun it taught me how to manage and be confident in myself and for others.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Not enough pay
Unsanitary
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 14, 2017
Worked at Flying J for a very short amount of time was not trained properly and got in trouble for not being trained. And something that I just still cannot get over to this day is they do not make it mandatory for the cashiers upfront to wear gloves while handling the food.
i was a steady job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXNovember 11, 2017
Janitor for this place we cleaned everything and made shure the place was always stocked also cleaned the showers for the truck drivers and their lounge area
Pros
getting to meet people from all over the usa
Cons
no cons
not interested in working there
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Alorton, ILNovember 1, 2017
not interested in discussing it, a registered offender was placed on my shifts and i was uncomfortable. my manager was afraid of the emplouyees and would refuse to discipline them. all kitchen workers that handle the food are on drugs and do not use safety procedures when cooking and preparing food
Pros
food
Cons
racism at store and lack of accountability
Very productive
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Winslow, AZOctober 31, 2017
It was a fast paced job and you did alot of things around store and kept busy and meeg alot of people and learned new things every day outside and inside
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced, stressful job with low morale
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 26, 2017
No one there is happy.Non performers are allowed to continue underperforming with no consequences while those that perform well are expected to pick up the slack and questioned when they fall short of the expectation.
Always something different
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSOctober 25, 2017
It's an ever changing and fast paced environment. You have to interact with people from all walks of life. In addition to the general convenience store items, we sold hot foods, and showers. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Fast paced, your day goes by quickly.
Cons
Fast paced, can be stressful at times. There isn't always enough time in the day to get everything done.
Friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 22, 2017
Cashing customers out and restocking coffee bar. I learned how to stock ciggarets and calling back food when it ran out. The managment was decent depending on what shift you worked. Hardest part of the job was not having what a customer needed/asked for.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Didnt recive the hours I asked for
The employees were great but not enough money.
Anna Texas Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anna, TXOctober 20, 2017
I left to work at Walmart for more money.I was the night manager for 2 and half years and after that was asked to open up a Pizza Hut new concept location in the store.The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees I trained and worked with,
Always subject to chance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 18, 2017
Your day can go many different ways. Depending on who shows up for work or if they even show up for work. Management goes in all directions depending on what the current crises is. As for the customers you have the good ones that makes up for the rude ones. Management does not offer much encouragement on assisting with advancement of your job.
Pros
If you know your job you are left alone to do it. No micro managing
Cons
No training for new employees

Want to know more about Flying J?

Ask a question
shiftleader
Shift Leader and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairview, TNOctober 16, 2017
Flying J is a decent place to work. It can get stressful at times but they try to help you out as much as they can. On 3rd shift you gotta deal with a little more. If your favorite thing to do is clean and like being friendly to guest then 3rd shift at Fairview is the place too be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It is ok work hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
It is ok work hard fast paced stay to yourself it is a job make coffee make plates do custom service clean bathrooms clean shower mop cook pizza up sale
fast
Guest service lead 2 (Former Employee) –  Tye, TXOctober 6, 2017
interaction with other personnel on a regular basis not equal opportunity on work related items as working in the cooler or shifting stock for display.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAOctober 5, 2017
management when i was working was very confusing. hardest part of the job was the checks from trucking companys and learning to use the computer to pay for the gas.
Inconsistent
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 25, 2017
Inconsistent and little support from corporate office. Transfers were every 6 months with bonuses not paid upon leaving. Most work weeks were over 70 hours and expected to work days off frequently.
eh
Cashier/ Coffee Host (Former Employee) –  Temple, GA 30179September 13, 2017
The schedule isnt set, my manager was a snake in the grass. He was
nice up front,would tell you to do something then throw you under the bus to his boss behind your back.
fast paced and multi tasking
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Rang up customers, paid out cash advances to drivers, gave out showers, cleaned coffee area. In charge of nighttime personnel. Made sure payment methods of drivers were verified
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
breaks were often disrupted if needed back at fuel desk
na
General Manager | Pilot (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 11, 2017
I loved the people i worked with and the professional drivers I met each and every day. That was the best part about the job; you felt like you were part of something bigger. We kept the trucks moving and helped the professional driver feel at home.
First Job Out Of College
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 9, 2017
Good company that I first started working for before I moved back to my hometown. Growing company that was working on updating systems and processes. After I left, my manager was fired and the department prospered because of it.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Benefits, management
Upbeat
PILOT (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYSeptember 6, 2017
The general manager was always in a great mood and made the job worth going to everyday. Other employees stayed in a good mood because of the awesome management.