Flying J Employee Reviews

Good job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKFebruary 9, 2016
it was a good job and mostly stayed to the same schedule that worked well with my kids schedule. Had lots of fun with the customers and the co workers.
Productive and fun place to work and meet new people
Coffee Hostess (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2016
Greet customers as they walk thru the door. Make coffee and make sure it's fresh. Help with cashier and deli as needed and other departments.
Manager and Assistant Manager were great to work with. Would pitch right in and help where needed.
It's was great meeting people form different walks of life and visiting with them.
Pros
Awesome Manager
Cons
Work Holidays
Customer service
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAJanuary 18, 2016
I love this job bc I had the chance to meet new people everyday. I handle money, drop box, and change gas prices. Overall it was a great job
Pros
PEOPLE
Cons
MONEY
Dont trust management
Cashier and Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Lordsburg, NMJanuary 17, 2016
get all promises in writing never trust anyone, keep yourself covered its a battle to actually get anything done here. Management goes back on there work time and time again.
Flying J
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Clear Brook, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Keeping the store, shower area, customer laundry and lounge area clean. Assisted customers by helping them find what was needed and or directions. Kept area clean.
i enjoyed this position
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJanuary 9, 2016
i was a waitress. i enjoyed meeting many friendly people and providing excellent customer service. i bussed tables and ran buffet. i also worked the p.o.s machine, the cash register, and food prep
Pros
was great at serving
Cons
ditrict managers falsified inventory
Excellent
Spanish/French Representative (Former Employee) –  work from homeJanuary 6, 2016
Answered incoming calls, attended to customer needs. Worked a full-time job and enjoyed the ability of working from home,
I enjoy talking to people.
Fuel Desk Manager/ Assistant Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILDecember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Supervisors were easy to work for and get along with. I met a lot of new friends. Local managers were awesome.
productive, family oriented atmosphere
SHIFT MANAGER 2 (Current Employee) –  Tye, TXDecember 15, 2015
The business is constantly busy. There is no down time and always great customers coming in. The management is professional and consistent, allowing employees leeway for family emergencies. We are like a family and love every minute of our day. The hardest part of my job is that I am a perfectionist and expect more out of myself than even my managers do. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people every day and learning new cultures every day. I have learned a lot about cultural diversity in this position.
Pros
family oriented atmosphere.
Cons
I do not really know of one.
Overall excellent job
Maintenance, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VANovember 30, 2015
It was a great job to work for and the experience of being a delivery driver was that I did my job right and better than anyone else could.
Pros
Cons
hardly any breaks
fast paced and easy going
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 21, 2015
Working at the J has been a good experience for me. I've found the majority of customers to be a joy to help. The teamwork is outstanding most of the time. On a only a few occasions has it been busy without any help. I've found some days to be much more challenging than others, but every job is that way.
Pros
50% deli food and fountain drinks and hot drinks
Cons
Too busy for breaks, Rude customers, some conflict is scheduling
Worst Job Ever
Employee (Former Employee) –  Williams, IANovember 11, 2015
I loved my main manager for Subway but the people from Flying J's were jerks. Subway goes through employees like no other. Almost every 4 months they have a completely new part time staff other than the managers.
Pros
30 min breaks
fun enviroment, very helpful
casheir (Current Employee) –  Oak Grove, KYNovember 4, 2015
It is a nice place to work at. The management easy to get along with, very helpful. Flexibility is nice, but the uncosistant hours get me.
Pros
flexability
Cons
weekens, holiday, start as pt till 6 month hit
District Accounting Manager of 13 locations, spanning 4 states
DISTRICT ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 1, 2015
During my 10 year tenure of being the District Accounting Manager of 13 locations, I maintained a positive cash flow in these areas:
1-Bad Check collections.
2-Drive off collections.
3-Charge Back collections.

I implemented proven practices to minimize cash shortages/inventory shortages.

I was responsible for all P&L's and G/L for each location, to include monthly reviews, and for all corrections, per location. To include the Administrative P&L, and G/L.
Pros
Training the Accounting Department and Management staff on correct procedures.
Cons
Traveling most every week for 10 years.
Not too bad
Deli / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 20, 2015
I worked for them for a couple of months, it may be that when I was there they were going under a new change, but I personally did not like it too much.
Pros
breaks
Cons
schedules, management
Friendly family oriented environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 13, 2015
Friendly place to work but don't judge a book by its cover. Management communications needs re-evaluated. Room for advancement and pay raises is a comforting achievable goal.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
lacking communications
Nice
Earned "Top Seller (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLOctober 6, 2015
This is a nice place to work, gives you great experiance. YOu will learn alot. It gives you a chance to advance. Before the pilot flying j merger it was great.
Very busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILOctober 2, 2015
You will stay busy here. The job is ok just have to deal with the people being very rude and disrespectful. There are a lot of little things to remember but once you do it for awhile you don't have to think about them anymore it just comes natural.
Organized and professional
Cook, Cashier, Deli Host, & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Matthews, MOSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of tending to employees and cleaning. I learned how to use cash register and deal with customers (even grumpy old truck drivers). The management was good. They would listen to employees, they helped, and kept everyone in a decent mood. Co-workers did there job and kept to themselves if possible. Hardest part of the job was dealing with truck drivers that weren't understanding. I enjoyed meeting all the new people and helping people when i could.
Pros
Half Price lunch
Cons
Dealing with truck drivers can test your mentality
Learning How to make pizzas
Deli Prep Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  MIdway FlSeptember 28, 2015
I learned how to actually make the pizza, roping it and putting the pizza topping on for the customers to buy it, that day at work I sold almost 40 pizza alone being at work by myself.
Pros
Roping Pizzas
Cons
Pizzas