Flying J

Flying J Employee Reviews

Fuel Desk Cashier (Former Employee), Effingham, ILMay 23, 2015
I liked the customers that came in and some of the employees. It is fast-paced and makes the day go by faster.I learned a lot of the different departments of the travel plaza and found some were easy and some were difficult.
Fun workplace, Fun People
Cashier (Current Employee), Smithton, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: discounted deli food, health benefits
Cons: breaks are sometimes skipped due to business, people quit alot and forced to stay longer shifts
Its a great workplace but can get very crazy hectic at times. The staff are fun and quirky just like me and I love how me make any situation fun. The truck driver tend to be a bit grouchy and very voice-ful when angered but we make the best of it.
okay company
Pilot (Former Employee), marylandMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
it was good to work there at the time i needed a job. stayed at #1 cashier for the time i was working there. If you are young and need a place to start working this is the place to be
MY EXPERIENCE
Wendy's Crew Member (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 18, 2015
Pros: LUNCH WAS HALF OFF.
Cons: COULDNT RECIEVE BENEFITS UNTIL AFTER 60 DAYS
OVERALL, WORKING AT WNEDYS GAVE ME A GREAT EXPERIENCE TO DO THINGS I NEVER DONE BEFORE IN THE WORK FIELD. I GAINED MORE EXPERIENCE IN CASHIERING,AND COOKING. A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK FOR ME WAS GOOD MORE LIKE AVERAGE. I TOOK ORDERS,INTERACTED WITH CUSTOMERS AND MAINTAINED THE DINING AREA FOR OUR CUSTOMERS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS KEEPING UP AND STAYING ON TRACK.WORKING IN A FAST FOOD RESTARAUNT MEANS EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE AND A FAST ORIENTATED ORDER. I PRETTY MUCH ENJOYD THE JOB MOSTLY COMMUNICATING WITH MY COWORKERS WAS A PLUS!
Enjoyable and outgoing job
Cashier (Former Employee), Seffner, FLMay 17, 2015
Fairly calm unless there was an issue with customer, always felt safe.Typical day at work included sorting cold cooler and stocking shelves. Handling large amounts of money was a daily occurrence
nice place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Austinburg, OHMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed my work at Flying J, management was very easy to get along with, job wasn't too hard, very safe and clean work environment.
Decent minimum pay job
customer service (Former Employee), Orange, TXMay 14, 2015
You are expected to up sell items at the register that feels like nagging, but the rest of the work experience is not bad. Meeting new people at a high traffic location is always fun.
Not a great place for advancement
Pilot (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: The truck drivers
Cons: Not very personable
The work itself was not difficult, but it wasn't exactly for me. The customers were my favorite part of the job, truck drivers can be amazing people. They management and the company just didn't provide time for us to show how appreciative we were of the drivers. The company seems to show gratitude, but in my eyes they could have done more.
Fast pace
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Ruther Glen, VAMay 7, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: training
fast pace job, work is not hard at all once you get the hang of it but they lack in proper training. I learned from watching other for the most part. Employees are great. and Customers were patient
A simple sales job with good customer service experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Lebec, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Easy system of learning, hardworking intelligent coworkers, flexible hours
Cons: overworked highly irritable management
During my time working at the Flying J, I spent time talking to people as I helped them. I heard about their day, where they were coming from or heading to and in some cases that no matter how nice you are to people, you just can't do anything right in their eyes. People came in in good moods and in bad moods but the customer service experience was vast. My coworkers were wonderful, friendly people, who were very hard working. Many members of the management team were overworked and highly irritable, but they were friendly and happy when someone from corporate was around.
liked my job but horrible management
Customer Service/ Food Prep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2015
Cons: p
prep pizzas , cook food in deep fryer to place out in front put dot dogs on the roller grill . made coffee. i learned how make pizzas. how to clean and change the deep fryer .. the most enjoyable part i loved working the swing shift cause all i had to do was prep pizza's and i loved working alone ..
Flying J Travel Plaza
Maintenance (Former Employee), Graham, NCApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Hourly Wage
Cons: Hours, Jobs assigned to me
Flying J is very busy and fast paced. The management could've been better. You've got one person working for 4 hours, and have the whole plaza to yourself. I didn't like the way the schedule was handled. I cleaned showers, filled propane tanks, cleaned up gas spills, and empty trashcans.
Logistics coordinator review
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches occasionally, decent benefits
Cons: horrible work schedule
As a logistics coordinator I have learned to multi-task between the 550-600 daily incoming calls, scheduling duties, perpetual e-mails, and full responsibilities of 125 drivers and 76 stores. The hardest parts of the job are the 12 hour shifts over the holidays and weekends and the need to predict the future so that fuel does not run out.
Always understaffed and management has no people skills
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: works with school schedule
Cons: No brakes, lunches moved around and would work 6 to 7 hours before a break or lunch.
Management did not know how to lead usually someone with less education. Coworkers would work really hard most of the time. I enjoyed mostly the fact that they worked with my school schedule.
productive, busy
Fry cook (Current Employee), russellville, arMarch 22, 2015
its not what im wanting. theirs always work to do, busy at times.. too much for one person to handle in one shift. they expect you to leave on time with all your task completed, that's very difficult to do period.
fast paced
Night Cashier (Former Employee), idaho falls, idahoMarch 20, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: no benefits
was hired as a night cashier. did the cleaning of the fountain and hot dog machine and etc. filled cooler and stocked shelves. eventually was asked to be asst manager and was shown how to do the books over the weekends.
great place , relaxed and nonstop atmosphere.
Front House Manager (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALMarch 18, 2015
Pros: being able to help someone whether it be a coworker or a patron
Cons: short breaks, out of product, short staffed.
The restaurant was always busy. The breaks short ,but that was ok because there was always something to do.I especially enjoyed talking to customers ,just to learn where they were from or headed to. I learned how to be a leader as well as a team member. If your staff is happy it tends to make the customers get better service, and the happier they are . . The hardest part of the job I think is having to cut someone off in conversation because you don't have the time to stand around.
super busy and very fast pace
Deli Cook (Former Employee), Lodi, Ca.February 19, 2015
Pros: getting to know the customers
Cons: can't get discounts for lunches
Like I said it is very fast paced always with customers, assisting customers with their questions, cooking all hot and cold deli foods for the customers and the truck drivers.
Fun enviroment to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: sometimes we get free lunch and bonus checks.
Cons: dealing with customers who steal fuel. had to call in drive off and would effect the days books.
My day started at 6:00 am. I had to close the previous days sales in products and fuel. Then count every till for the previous day. Entered the amount of sales and balanced the days books. Did cash and check deposits daily. I was in charge of the ATM and lottery machines which was unloaded and loaded weekly. Then cashier duties when done. I learned a lot from management. I had fun co-workers. The hardest part was to discipline workers when I had to. The fun environment was the best.
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Lamar, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: 50% of fany meals at lunch
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
A typical day at work would start off with me clocking into work gettin my task paper and completing the tasks. Co-workers were very easy to get along with and always worked together to get things done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Flying J

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Flying J Salaries