Flywheel Sports Employee Reviews

Stressfully place to work
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NY nyApril 8, 2017
Company needs to be sued for racial discrimination I got fired for being ten minutes late when I opened the store for 3 yrs straight on times never missed classes for the gym and made the company hundreds of thousands of dollars by constantly opening on time for the customers. Revenue never been stolen always on point with the cleanliness of the studio even merchandise for the company.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Horrible management
Hiring Process
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach and NMBMarch 9, 2017
The people seem nice and upbeat, however their lack of communication and preparedness is disappointing. I would have expected a better experience from an organization that's growing as it is. It appears that there are younger individuals involved and while they might be book savvy, they don't have the necessary experience.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Awful communication skills
Great Company
Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2017
My typical day as a Teen Director consist of managing employees on a day to day basis. Collect incoming calls and direct programs for our Teen program, Leaders program and Teen Center.
Pros
Great job
Do not work here
Studio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
While I enjoy working out at Flywheel, working here has proved a frustrating and difficult experience. The structure of the company leaves no protection for the people who work at the studio level, maintaining the day-to-day flow of classes and studio operations. Pay rate is embarrassing with no benefits, and instructor pay rates are constantly slashed while corporate cronies rake in the benefits of holiday sales and promotions. These promotions- also- make little-to-no sense, and are in fact not even relayed to studio personnel until after they have already been announced to customers, making for some embarrassing moments when customers ask about running deals. Working here, I do not feel protected nor appreciated. My hard work is consistently overlooked and nit-picked by management. Instead of opening up new studios, Flywheel should use its resources to focus on the continuous facilities problems already very apparent at their existing studios.
an ok place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flatiron districtFebruary 12, 2017
I gave Flywheel Sports 2 stars because of its poor management, and lack of attention to the workers. Maintenance workers are treated unfair and have no opportunity for moving up unless they slave themselves to the company.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
poor management
Working at Multiple Flywheels
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 20, 2017
On the ground, at the studio level it is a fun and awesome environment. Everyone is usually friendly and welcoming no matter where you come from or who you are.

In the past year there have been a ton of changes and the company is now very top heavy with a ton of new people entering into corporate positions and upper management positions thus lowering the ceiling on those who started out with the company years ago and began to see and feel some growth potential. Now there is very little to no growth potential within the company. Too many external hires and not enough internal promotions, and they are not taking the time nor using the resources to train and "groom" their current employees to enter higher positions.

They need to improve their communications as well.
Pros
free classes, fun work environment
Cons
low compensation for Bay Area, no room for growth
Bad Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
I worked at Flywheel two years and the culture was never great but it progressively got worse. I felt like there was so much division with racial undertones.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Mangement could care less about employees, your just cattle. No chance of advancement.
Fun place to work at in the beginng.
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2016
When I first started there it was a place that you wanted to go to work because you met plenty of nice and famous people. My coworkers were so nice and everybody looked out for each other professionally as well as personally. But things changed drastically.
Pros
Was able to leave the job site whenever needed as long as the job was complete.
Cons
Dealing with negative attitudes from certain clients.
Productive work enviroment
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2016
Great place for opportunity and growth. Collaborative work place with a diverse work environment. Excellent work life balance and excellent organization.
Don't work at Einstein's
Full Time Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 19, 2016
Einstein's Bagel's is a entry level job for people who have not worked. It teaches you minimal level skills in which you can eventually master and move on. I suggest Einstein's for people who have never worked before and as a last resort. Their's tons of stress, workload is ridiculous, and the management is terrible. Co-workers can go from straight ghetto out of the hood to barely professional but enough to work type attitudes.
Pros
Free meal per work day and free drinks
Cons
stressful, High work load, and poor management.
Going Down the Tubes
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
A typical workday at Flywheel as a manager can be anything from a 5am phone call that no one's there to open a studio and you have to run in to unlock it to a 12hour day because there's no coverage at the desk for part of the day, there's a new marketing promo that's unorganized and an event you need to be present for because the marketing or PR team don't attend. Upward movement is zilch. They'll tell you there's plenty of opportunity. The opportunity is lateral movement to other regions or departments.

Best part of the job? The studio teams and any time you aren't near the corporate office. The studio teams are like families and support each other.

Hardest part of the job? They say it's OK to disconnect, but it absolutely isn't. You're going to be 'on' 7 days a week in some way and connected to your phone/email at any given time...even if you're out on a date on a Friday night and your boss is blowing up your phone because it started to snow.

Corporate management is, per lack of politically correct word: terrible. It's become a family run business and they don't care about the employees who had been there and built the place or about what the company used to stand for. The goal is cutting hours, hiring cookie-cutter staff and managers and "CASTING" people...it's the Abercrombie of cycling studios now.
Pros
Free classes, sometimes flexible in-studio schedule
Cons
Always 'on', no upward growth, untrustworthy corporate team
Pleasant and Motivting Environment
Club Coordinater (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2016
Diverse group of great coworkers. Motivating and inspirational environment. Can be some communication breakdowns at times between management and subordinates.
Too much to do too little time
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
There isn't management all the time while business is operating. There is no management guidance. Salary is very low and so is moral.
Productive and fun place to work
Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
I could not imagine a better environment to work in, between the people and the employees everyone is wonderful and it is a great company to work for.
excellent gym area.
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2014
Loved my co-workers and environment ! There's no typicial day at Flywheel , everyday is a new day to better yourself.
Learning experience
Facilities/Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
This was my first Co-op and it was also my first full time job. I learned a lot in the ways of customer service and working in a corporate environment. Overall this was not a job that I enjoyed nor was it the job that I was originally hired for. I look back on it as a good learning experience for what I do not want in a company.
Great atmosphere, Terrible Management
Lead Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2014
The hours were terrible, the manager loved to micromanage and yell at you. Also the manager didnt actually do his job to support and train the team, ends up blaming you for not "cleaning" while simultaneously preventing you from training the team. I even wrote up a daily checklist for our team so we could improve our efficiency. Manager would not use it. I repaired and calibrated all the bikes in seattle, even though that was managers responsibility. They move me over to bellevue, and I find the bikes over there not calibrated. Regional manager tells me to do it, but i tell her that it should of already been done,and there is a problem with the facilities manager not doing his job. Then i get fired. Great work Regional Manager for firing the only person who could actually keep your bikes calibrated! ~the rest of the employees and instructors are for the most part outstanding.
Pros
free pop chips, free spin classes.
Cons
unpaid lunches, terrible hours, bad managment
New experience
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2013
Fast paced for maintenance workers. Rush hours are the most busy.
Pros
reasonable locations
Cons
mixed schedules
Fun workplace with great coworkers and a positive atmosphere.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 19, 2013
Flywheel Sports is an excellent company that treats their employees and instructors very well. I teach about 8 cycling classes per week and each day I learn how to better relate to my clients to help meet their needs.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Healthcare
Great new company
Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 29, 2013
Worked here part time in compliments with my other job. Learned about the spinning culture and got great workouts for free as a plus.
Pros
free workouts, great enviorment
Cons
part time, no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flywheel Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6