FM Global Employee Reviews

FM Global is an great company to work for
Premium Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 22, 2017
Great company with great benefits. Would recommend working for to anyone. Company does great thing for the community also. Big with the United Way. Gives back to its people.
All in All an excellent corporation to work for.
Receptionist/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 20, 2017
This company has excellent benefits, including a Fitness Center on site in The Johnston & Norwood offices. An employee cafe is also available for less than street prices and excellent staff & food. This company strives to keep it's employees informed of the company's status and achievements, welcomes new ideas from every employee, and has a reimbursement program for continuing education if the department manager approves.
Pros
Excellent benefits and fun company activities. Transfers to better jobs are first offered in house
Cons
A large portion of your employment experience is dependent on your department manager.
Dead-end for Admins
Engineering Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 23, 2017
Over almost 8 years, the workload for this position has gone from basic administrative assistance to client-faced. Daily workload includes timesheet review, expense report review, numerous reports, follow ups, workload management for a team of 10+ engineers to include planning and scheduling of workload.
Pros
Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer match up to 6%, Pension vested at 5 years, Paid parental leave, Short term and long term disability, Life insurance, Paid holidays/vacation/illness time, Option to buy additional paid vacation, Flexible and condensed work schedules available, annual company performance bonus eligible
Cons
Micro-management and lack of advancement (even to other departments), Gossiping/lying promoted by management, Favoritism, Illegal time reporting (not allowed to report overtime), Compensation does not match workload, Ineffective management and HR, Lack of company sponsored changes to systems and reporting
N/a
Claims Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 23, 2017
I'd rather not answer any questions about FM Global

The day was sunny and hot, but I was under an umbrella. The sun didn't really affect me other than the warmth.
Review
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 9, 2017
Your happiness depends on the manager. There is very little room for advancement due to low turnover. There is strong job security but small yearly compensation increase,
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Managers
Friendly and great work environment with the best Cafe ever!
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 25, 2017
Competitive and yet relaxed work environment with well-defined team goals. Teams work more independently than collaboratively; however there are opportunities for individuals to contribute to team efforts. Overall culture provides opportunity to innovate and contribute to process change.
The hardest part of the job has to do with flexible work arrangement. Although they offer some, work from home is limited to employees and is need-based.
Pros
Subsidized meals iin cafeteria
Cons
work from home is limited to employees and is need-based.
This is excellent company
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
FM Global is the top property loss prevention company in the world. It's employees are carefully chosen to fit the type of environment in which it works. As a large mutual insurance company it has very good benefits, typical to a company that has been around for over 100 years. They are based on long term employment. The typical successful employee stays with the organization until they retire.
Good place to start
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 2, 2017
FM Global was a great place to start in the industry as their training and corporate culture set the bar very high. Advancement is difficult for non-engineers, but not impossible.
"Great company focused on mitigating clients' loss exposure"
Salesforce Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 12, 2017
Very stable company.
Good compensation with incentive (not included in CTC)
Knowledge driven.Great benefits package including pension, 401k match, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and parental leave
Great corporate culture with incredibly structured IT department
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 8, 2017
My brief experience with this company impressed me in their benefits, treatment of employees, facilities and opportunities. Beautiful corporate offices and seemingly content workforce
Pros
High class management and facilities
Cons
I was only there on a temporary contract. No chance to see any downside
Great Culture and Flexible Work
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIFebruary 15, 2017
The culture here is something very special. All employees are dedicated to resilience and preventing risk for the clients. Everyone enjoys coming to work every day. The benefits are wonderful and compensation is fair. FM Global values work-life balance with programs for flexible work and compressed work weeks.
Pros
food, culture, managers, benefits
Cons
lack of entry level positions in some departments
Overall, a good company to work for
Senior Consultant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Consultant engineers perform field work that is very complex. Company car and tablet are provided. Training, both in classroom and in the field is extremely detailed. Expectations are very high.
Productive and fun place, no one is "chained" to their desks
Reporting Data/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIJanuary 25, 2017
Management is key for an excellent work environment. This they delivered in spades. Job requests were easily completed.
Pros
No micro management
Nice
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
MULTIMEDIA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RINovember 17, 2016
Good place to work if you have a background in Engineering and Insurance. Very relaxed atmosphere with many, many long term employees. People have spent their whole careers at FM Global.
Nice
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Very productive and interactive work place
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 27, 2016
everyone are very supportive and has a lot of learning experience.Flexible to work.Fun to work with FM Global.The business is also really vast and a lot of free to express thought of nature
Great company
Manager/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work: Arrive between 7:30 & 8:00 (my start time.)
Phones would already be ringing since we are a Global company. With the type of insurance we handled it was very confidential in nature and we made sure it was kept that way. When not on the phone customers would visit our private work area, or offices for an explanation of coverages. Particularly the people from Europe since they purchase insurance differently in other countrie.. It was a very busy atmosphere.

The company has excellent benefits; sick days, vacation days, flex time, 2 personal days, a gym , walking paths, excellent salary, long term disability coverage. FMG is a big supporter of the United way. During the fund raising time, they had various fun activ

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my client base. That I loved.

I also worked with great Account Supervisors who were very knowledgeable of day to day operations and kept things moving.

The best part of my job was interacting with people and providing assistance to those new to the U.S. I simply loved it.

The hardest part of the job me was setting objectives for the year and meeting them. Also difficult was my initial budget exposure, getting reports from Finance and becoming familiar with all the lines on the report.

What I learned: Our CEO was the best. Also, being a multi-cultural company I learned so much from the various people I met regarding their cultures and concerns. I met people from London, Sweden, Australia, and every office where FMG set up location.

There is so much I learned
  more... it would be impossible to write it all down.

But I always refer people to the Company.
Pros
A cafe where you can get coffe, tea, snacks all day.
Cons
none.
Excellent Company
Windows System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 16, 2016
Great company with many opportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits and competitive pay along with a great employees make this a great place to land.
Great place to work for anyone that's a loner and loves the open road
Jurisdiction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work for anyone that's a loner and loves the open road
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Excessive travel near zero office community
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Excessive travel near zero office community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FM Global. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2