FM Global

FM Global Employee Reviews

Great benefits, limited career opportunities for administrative positions.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 9, 2015
Great benefits, nice work environment and job security. Limited career opportunities for administrative positions.
Like working in 1997...and not in a good way
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Johnston, RIApril 28, 2015
After coming from a larger insurance company, it's amazing to me how FM Global stays in business. The IS management has no real industry skill, and most of them only have their jobs because they've been here forever, "Tenure over merit" should be the company motto.

There is no emphasis on career or professional development. While HR puts an emphasis on it, in practice managers just sweep it under the carpet, and ignore fundamentals like goal/objective setting, and skill advancement/training.

Aside from incompetent management, and lack of career advancement opportunities, the work life balance is pretty good, and the benefits are adequate.

Had I known what I was getting in to, I would have never accepted a position here at FM Global, and I would not recommend the company to any of my friends/colleagues.
Great work atmosphere.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Park Ridge, ILMarch 13, 2015
Top insurance company globally and employees take pride in working at FM Global. Management is involved in the development of their employees.
Productive and good place to work in
Corporate Events Administrator (Current Employee), Johnston, RIMarch 4, 2015
I learned to manage corporate events in the StarCite network, the company facility is excellent, my co-workers are great to work with, the most enjoyable part of the job is to plan events.
Collaboraitve work environment
Enterprise Learning Editorial Intern (Current Employee), Johnston, RIFebruary 16, 2015
Everybody is really willing to help each other out and contribute to the company's mission of preventing property loss through innovation
Exelent company to work for. Good benifits and position advancement
Administrative Assistant Level II (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great bennifets and one hour lunches
Cons: no cons to speak of
I worked for six account managers doing a variety of jobs. I learned the basics of commercial insurance and always improving on my skills. Management was fair and responsive to ideas and ways to do my job more efficient, Co-workers were supportive and fun to work with. I really did not experience any difficult situations or jobs that I could not complete in a timely manner. I enjoyed going to work everyday and working for FM Global was an excellent experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 22, 2014
Pros: hours are very flexible
Cons: management communication
Operate surveying equipment to obtain finished floor elevations for perspective clients. Conduct flood assessments with respect to 100 year and 500 year flood exposures. Exposure to loss prevention evaluations including natural hazards, fire protection, etc.
fun, fast paced great atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant-Enterprise Learning (Current Employee), Norwood, MANovember 14, 2014
This was a contract position. I was the Administrative Assistant to the Enterprise Learning Group. I would be proud to work here. I worked in the Enterprise Learning Group. I learned that I can take on more than what I think I can handle. My manager was great and a wonderful mentor.
Great place to work.
Senior Risk Consultant Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 24, 2014
85 - 95% travel for Equipment Hazards Engineers. Management is supportive and co-workers work well together.
Good company, horribly inept middle management.
Analyst (Current Employee), Johnston, RIJune 2, 2014
Pros: good pay and bonuses.
Cons: management is terrible.
Stable company, good benefits and pay, but absolutely terrible management - most managers are horribly unqualified to be in charge of people and take credit for the work of others. Also, too much nepotism and more lateral than vertical movement.
Great place to grow your technical skills
Business Development Executive / Underwriter (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 14, 2014
Whether you choose engineering or underwriting or claims, FM Global is a great place to grow your career with. Excellent work ethic and colleagues.
Great working enviroment
Sr Specialist, Windows Client Technologies (Former Employee), Johnston, RIApril 5, 2014
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: some long hours/ days
Working with professionals using cutting edge technology.

Learned to support every operating system, infrastructure technologies, and client/ server support

Great management, employee oriented

co-workers are a great group of people both professional and personal.

Hardest was keeping up with ever changing technology

most enjoyable is learning the latest technology
Server (Former Employee), Johnston, RIMarch 6, 2014
They really take care of the employees. Everyone is very nice and pleasent to work with.
good
Financial Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2014
small business, warehouse, distributing, private business
Busy insurance environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 24, 2013
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: little chance for advancement.
Small insurance office. Headquarters are in Mass so little chance for advancement. Busy work environment.
Very busy
CAD Drafter (Former Employee), Johnston, RIJuly 16, 2013
The travel was excessive, the values in goals changed often
Great Potential
Support Staff (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJune 27, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and great coworkers
Cons: limited growth potential
This is a great company to work for in terms of benefits and great people, however those in management positions have worked their way up from the very bottom and although they are extremely knowledgeable in the tasks and skills required to get the job done, they fall short in effective management styles that need to be implemented for the success of a total department.
new building
International Insurance Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Johnston, RIJune 17, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: hard to move around
nice new building, laid back environment, friendly people, cafe and large cafeteria
Low pay, bad management - Go elsewhere!
clerk (Former Employee), johnstonFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria and food!
Cons: the poisonous atmosphere that the management strive to maintain!
I worked for this company and was very unhappy with the job, the pay and especially the management - who are very sarcastic and treat the employees like overpaid idiots who can't do anything right! They even make up problems and put you in the middle just to prove their point! You try to defend yourself and that seems to make them even more determined to make you look bad! The pay is low and they didn't even give me a pay raise for the last three years that I worked there! They like to justify it by telling you how much they pay for your benefits. Come On! They treat you like a grade school kid by telling you not to be late because the CEO's window, in the Johnston headquarters, is near the entrance and he can see you! Like he even knows who you are!! SPARE ME! I worked there for ten plus years and had to work for the most agravating supervisor in the world. her name sounds like face. SHE WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO DO AND SAY EVERYTHING BAD ABOUT ME IN ORDER TO GET RID OF ME. I was glad to leave there and look for a better job with a good. That was a Big relief!
Low pay, bad management - Go elsewhere!
clerk (Former Employee), johnstonFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria and food!
Cons: the poisonous atmosphere that the management strive to maintain!

About FM Global

If you're looking to protect your corporation, turn your insurance dial to FM Global. Factory Mutual Insurance (operating as FM – Read more

FM Global Salaries