FMC Corporation Employee Reviews

Very friendly atmosphere with great benefits
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. They will train you and they have great benefits. Veteran machinists are top notch. They are also a very family oriented company.
Pros
Great benefits, boot vouchers
Cons
Buddy system getting moved up
purchasing backlog, inventory control
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 15, 2017
• Navigated thru various SAP modules dealing with production planning, warehousing and logistics
• Supported all purchasing backlog, inventory control, and planning delays.
Pros
Great People
Interesting work (oil and gas industry)
Receptionist//Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 12, 2017
Overall FMC was a great job and they gave me opportunities to grow and advance however the industry is very unstable (I endured about 4 different lay offs during my tenure with the company)
Pros
competive salary
Cons
volitle industry
My review
IT (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 10, 2017
Overall - this is a good company .Enjoy working with my team and management. Great place to work. would recommended workplace to friends if there is an opening
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Oilfield work very lucrative can make large sums of money.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
Job for hard working strong young man looking to make very good money. Lots of travel but all meals, lodging, and fuel paid along with new company truck. Offshore or surface wellhead installation and hanging oilfield casing.
Pros
everything paid
Cons
can be dangerous working around high pressure gas wells from heights sometimes, real mens work.
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Good company to work for and management was easy to work with as well. This would be a great place for someone just starting their career out at with good benefits.
Good career building company with project experience.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2017
Excellent place to find challenging career opportunities and work in a global market place. I enjoy the requirements for leadership and problem solving.
Quick Paced Environment
Field Service Tech/ Surface Frac Specialist/ HSE (Former Employee) –  Homer City, PAJuly 22, 2017
Safety and Production driven company. employees are well compensated for their roles. a well established safety culture and a proactive approach on Quality.
Pros
Active approach on safety and Quality
Cons
Work hours will sometimes spill over into weekends.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Really a great environment, HR was thorough and fair. The higher up management did a good job of keeping employees informed and happy. Benefits were hands down one of the best in the industry and Houston area.
lots of work for short time
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 18, 2017
great pace learned a lot and if they wanted you to learn more they sent you and payed for school as a machinst we made sure everything was right but still had time have snacks on floor and radios
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
long days
It was ok.
Journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
To long ago don't really remember that much about it. It was at Intercontinental airport working on jet ways and ground power units.Also did building maintenance.
Challenging work environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
With TechnipFMC what you put in is what you get out of the company. There is not a lot of room to advance at this time due to the market, when thing pick up there will be.
The Good Ole Boys Club
Executive Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
In my experience as an 8 year employee for FMC Tech, I worked hard and was always searching to gain knowledge of the company and the process. I was constantly and intentionally overlooked and disregarded which was unfair. As I worked hard and gained my Bachelors, I was continuously disregarded by my executive team and never given the opportunity to learn so I could advance. More politics and favoritism that would equal to the term "The Good Ole Boys Club" and the blondes with more fun would get the higher raises and promotions.
Pros
Safe enviroment
Cons
Healthcare was expensive with high deductible.
good place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79765July 14, 2017
a typical work day consisted of the crew coming together and figuring out where we was gone be working at I was always in the inventory part of through out the day then I would move to the rebuild part learned a lot about rebuilding valves swivels management was cool work with you to help you understand how to rebuild and work with the equipment we was working the hardest part of the day was just working nights cause that was hard to get use to loved every part of my job
Pros
mon-fri good people
Cons
short breaks night shift
Cutting Edge Product Technology
Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAJuly 14, 2017
This company encourages innovation in products and production processes. It is currently suffering due to reduced demand for deep ocean exploration equipment.
Pros
Very Inovative
Cons
Suffering from oil and gas industry down market.
Great for development and promotional within the organization.
Project Controller IV (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Great company that combines the importance of career development and business needs with the necessity of work / life balance. FMC still feels like a small company in a lot of ways - this has its pros and cons definitely; however, with the recent merger with Technip into the new company of Technip FMC I'm sure some of those things will change. Management truly cares for their employees and will do amazing things to see those that care succeed and grow professionally. I was sad to have to leave this awesome group of people.
Pros
Culture, Management, Work / Life Balance, Ability to Grow
Cons
3 weeks PTO - vacation / sick combined
Good company
Procurement Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2017
I worked for 6 months as an intern in the Procurement Process Department. Overall, people here are nice and professional. Most are workaholic and have a family so there were not things like "happy hours." They treat and pay well, offer many learning opportunities as long as you are proactive.
Great place to learn subsea ,testing,and safety
Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
12hr shifts a lot of change in management, a lot of overtime some guys are willing to train you and not burn you.Very safe work environment.Shifts starts with safety meeting and work scope for the day.They do provide luncheons for the technicians over time on holidays with holiday pay is available.You will learn different types of pressure testing setups at various test pressure .
It's okay laid back
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2017
They have a short line for workers and I get to eat before anyone else. Once I'm done, I go downstairs and start rinsing, washing, and sanitizing the pots, pans and dishes and put it back on the shelves to dry, and when there is nothing else to do, I sweep, mop the floor. Sometimes when It's slow, I will go help others where it is needed.
Pros
the food is great and the boss is nice
A Great Company to Have Worked For
Technical Applications Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 7, 2017
It was a great job, but I felt like my department got lost in the shuffle of all the other business units. Also, being a satellite office/warehouse made it difficult to partake in the fun stuff whenever the main office would have employee appreciation activities.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management on the supervisor levels.