FN MANUFACTURING

FN MANUFACTURING Employer Reviews

Great place to work. Dedicated/knowledgeable employees
Sr. Buyer/Planner (Former Employee), Columbia SCMay 17, 2014
Pros: current update on all key objectives
Cons: the meeting lasted 8 hours
typical day included a review of hourly employees productivity, team meeting to discuss the previous days productivity, assign the current days objectives, attend several meetings with other teams for their input, current & future requirements, & meetings on continuous improvement teams, There was daily interface with accounting, quality, & Engineering. Communication was key in success. A monthly meeting was held with the upper management to report key KPI's for the Business Unit. The workers at N are the beat. The hardest part of my job was juggling all of the various priorities from the various department. The most enjoyable was working with the people.
Decent place to work
BUYER II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 10, 2014
Pros: co workers, vendor / supplier relationships
Cons: management
A typical day at work consisted of putting out many "fires" that showed up on our desks daily. I learned a great deal about government procurement and government approved vendors from this job. The management was part of a "Good Ol Boy" network, so there was not a lot of room for advancement. Management also had a tendency to make off handed comments about the female employees.
great
supervisor bryon cox (Former Employee), coulmbia,scApril 28, 2014
great place all around, only porblem is keeping production flow going
Laid back enviroinment
Serial Number Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2013
Because this is a manufacturing company, I would verify orders either coming in or going out. Make sure all documentation was in order either from FN or from the buyer and that all information was being followed by the ATF guidelines. I enjoyed working with both my management and with my co-workers. Everyone will help eachother out and provide guidance and assistance when needed. The hardest part of the job was doing the ATF Audit only because it was a massive undertaking to verify all of the inventory but it was also one of the things that I like doing as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
When we had a Military Contract......(2008)
M240 Assembly (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 29, 2012
Pros: treated the employees with respect! decent pay!
Cons: long hours on your feet, filter fans broke down alot. greasy clothes!
The 12 hour shift for 3 days was worth it! Paid for the equivalence of 40 hours plus full time benefits. Won company products on Family Day, and Christmas party! Would Ford or GM give away their cheapest car to an employee on a raffle ticket? Too bad we lost out to Colt. I was part of a mass layoff. Miss the people I worked with. It's a young man's job.
Worked with a large variety of specialized CNC and gun manufacturing equipment.
Lead Shift Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: shift change
The shift started at 5:00 pm and ended 5:30 am Friday Saturday Sunday. Worked with production on machine break downs,facility issue and scheduling of preventive maintenance on equipment. Learned more about calibration of specialized equipment. Management was good and co-workers were nice. Getting acclimated to working the third shift mini was about the hardest part of the job. Trouble shooting and problem solving of CNC equipment and knowing the parts we made were going to protect the lives of the men and women of the United States Military and other government agency's was the most satisfying part of my job .
Earn, learn and have fun while you work.
Armed Security Technician II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2012
Pros: starting pay equlivent to gs-05 setp 01, great medical benifits, matching 401-k, support futhering your education, dedicated employees
Cons: working on holidays and come in on days off to train or qualify with weapon
I worked on 2nd and 3rd shift during my tenure at FN. A typical night at work for me consisted of maintaining an automated Security Log; monitoring and reacting to security alarms,conducting internal and external security tours, employee and visitor security check; inspecting vehicles entering and leaving the facility; monitoring cameras and escorting service and cleaning personnel, and opening and closing employee entrance and exit gates during shift change. I was provided the opportunity to learn all aspects of basic security operations and dignitary escort. I also gained a great deal of knowledge about dealing with different personality types. Management was great most of the time. However, there were times when the security supervisor and the security department was micro-managed and in some cases upper security managers felt that security were a liability because the department did not produce a product. My co-workers were great. We were a close nit group of military retirees and veterans. Just like in the military, we did our job and covered each other’s back. We developed some lasting relationships. The hardest part of the job for me was coming in on my off day for training (even though we got paid), responding to internal security alarms when no one was in the facility, escorting terminated employees and working on weekends and holidays when the production lines was close. Most enjoyable was four day work weeks, not working on weekends my last couple of years, talking with employees, going to the range and being supplied 200 rounds of ammo per month at no cost, and the thanks we received from management and employees in the form of gifts and perks during holidays and throughout the year. The best civilian company I ever worked for. I left my position in security to work for the DOD. Had I not accepted a position with DOD I would still be at FN. Best employer in Columbia, SC if not the North East.
horrific managment along with terrible place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2012
FN is Belgian own and if you are an engineer you might as well be working with a union. You cannot do any implementation which they do not use Belgian because "its not how we do it in Belgian terrible
Productive and fun workplace
Security Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 4, 2012
Pros: family day, annual christmas party, great benefits, wonderful co-workers
Cons: different personalities can be difficult, lifted heavy items at times
Make sure all reports are emailed first thing in the morning. Process items brought back to the shipping department or security station. Help out co-workers on the packaging lines and in other areas. Hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that we could move around constantly and meet people everyday. Learned how to deal with different personalities, assemble weapons, and qualify with weapons.